NATION

PASSWORD

All About Military

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Great Lord Tiger
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: All About Military

Postby The Great Lord Tiger » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:02 pm

North Defese wrote:
Stoklomolvi wrote:$29 trillion yearly budget.

How can your nation afford THAT? :palm:

http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconom ... toklomolvi

Gross Domestic Product: $101,544,476,747,664.78

Defence: $29,278,105,774,444.81 29%

That's how.
Last edited by The Great Lord Tiger on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my II/RP information:
JOLT VETERAN

Member of: League of Armed Neutrality & Inter-Galactic Security Council

Immortal Lands of the Great Lord Tiger - "Imglot" | Imglot Fleet Warning Level (IFWAL): 1|2|3|4|5
Imglot Factbook | Terrestrial Military | Stellar Military | Forces
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.74
I just about the same as Romano Prodi, according to the international chart

North Defese
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:03 pm

I got two nations mixed up.

I had a brain fart. :blink:

*runs away*
"One minute Defesian logic is all happy and joyish with some seriousness involved. Then suddenly you look into the context and notice a brutal, bloody wording.
And you're like 'Holy shit, Defese is terrifying.'" - Restored Belka
The Defesian National Anthem
Pro: good things :)
Con: bad things >:(

Reavani
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:07 pm

The Great Lord Tiger wrote:
North Defese wrote:
Stoklomolvi wrote:$29 trillion yearly budget.

How can your nation afford THAT? :palm:

http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconom ... toklomolvi

Gross Domestic Product: $101,544,476,747,664.78

Defence: $29,278,105,774,444.81 29%

That's how.

Huh, I got his defense percentage beat, I can afford more guns per person!
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49017

Stoklomolvi
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stoklomolvi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Defence spending per capita does not matter as much as overall; if your defence spending per capita is $5,000 and you have 50 people while I have $100 per capita but 250 people, we break even.
Demonym: Stoklomolvi
Stoklomolvi Liaoist Federation
Factbook -- Interpol -- Liaoism (old) -- News Agency (old) -- Commerce Comissariat -- Minyang
Defensive Preparedness: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nuclear Launch Protocol: А | Б | В | Г | Д
Leader: Commissar Vladimir Mikhailovich Stuyonovich

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Machina Haruspex » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:23 pm

By the NSE caculator I've about 73 trillion spent on defense alone. Fascism does work after all apparently.
Ranked 100th in the world for Economic Output
Ranked 115th in the world for Safety
Marshite Military Assessment: VI

Zinaire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zinaire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Machina Haruspex wrote:By the NSE caculator I've about 73 trillion spent on defense alone. Fascism does work after all apparently.

I'm sure the people being taxed excessively and given only "protection" from outside "threats" don't feel the same way.
THE REPUBLIC OF ZINAIRE
LAND OF TROPICAL PROMISE

Factbook | Embassies | ODECON | Tarquinia

Stoklomolvi
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stoklomolvi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:29 pm

81% of the budget being spent on the military and police is a bit...excessive, wouldn't you think?
Demonym: Stoklomolvi
Stoklomolvi Liaoist Federation
Factbook -- Interpol -- Liaoism (old) -- News Agency (old) -- Commerce Comissariat -- Minyang
Defensive Preparedness: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nuclear Launch Protocol: А | Б | В | Г | Д
Leader: Commissar Vladimir Mikhailovich Stuyonovich

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Stoklomolvi wrote:81% of the budget being spent on the military and police is a bit...excessive, wouldn't you think?

I disagree, how else could we keep up our mobile oppression fortress?
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Postby Machina Haruspex » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:09 pm

I hear excessive, but law and order are maintained and thus our society is free from the worries of radical youth, gangs, violence against the proper citizenry. Crime is effectively minimalized to near non-existence.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Machina Haruspex wrote:I hear excessive, but law and order are maintained and thus our society is free from the worries of radical youth, gangs, violence against the proper citizenry. Crime is effectively minimalized to near non-existence.

So you claim. :p
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Ledarre
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ledarre » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:43 am

I use the 5% rule, taking into account the mass conscription policies and since it does leave the economy in ruins we have had very few wars.
Ledarres military is divided into three parts (Army, Airforce, Navy) these are then sub divided into unit types, for example Ledarres army:

Royal infantry division

Royal Armour division

Royal Cavalry division

Royal artillery division

Standard army weapon is the AK-47 and the main battle tank is the T-72.
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Ledarre wrote:I'm struggling to see the problem here. Just look at my nation, looks like a politically free nation, right? WRONG! The democratically elected parliament requires a unanimous vote to actually pass legalisation and with proportional representation and the number of extremists in parliament this is near impossible.

So the monarchy effectively rules by decree. I have achieved this through answering issues in a certain way... Unfortunately I can’t remember what those issues were. That plus a little bit of RP. Anyway my point is it’s easy to have moderate to high political freedoms and still have absolute power, you just have to be creative.

Huh. That's a rather unique and, I must say, deliciously evil approach. *golfclap*

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Postby Machina Haruspex » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 am

" Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. "

So says NS.

Sorgan
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorgan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Stoklomolvi wrote:No, they're equipped with the NS equivalent of a United States. Just because I'm communist doesn't mean my men don't get the best of the best. :P

Wow do you ever know how communism works? In Communism product are always Shanty and easily broken because of terrible work forces and a low pay.

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Sorgan wrote:
Stoklomolvi wrote:No, they're equipped with the NS equivalent of a United States. Just because I'm communist doesn't mean my men don't get the best of the best. :P

Wow do you ever know how communism works? In Communism product are always Shanty and easily broken because of terrible work forces and a low pay.

I couldn't bury an American assualt rifle, dig it up a month later, and then shoot it.

Find me one case where a terrorist organization EVER chooses the M-16 or M-4 over the Kalashnikov or one of her Cousins.

You can't.

Except in Georgia.

Those Klansmen are nuts.

Jakra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakra » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Reavani wrote:
Sorgan wrote:

I couldn't bury an American assualt rifle, dig it up a month later, and then shoot it.

Find me one case where a terrorist organization EVER chooses the M-16 or M-4 over the Kalashnikov or one of her Cousins.

You can't.

Except in Georgia.

Those Klansmen are nuts.

Ireland, the IRA always prefers the M-16 or AR-15 (only a minor difference) to the Kalashnikov
Current DEFCON Level: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Jakran Factbook: NSEconomy: Jakran Military Factbook (WIP)
In Memoriam of President:John Henry Eden

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Reavani wrote:
Sorgan wrote:

You can't.

Except in Georgia.

Those Klansmen are nuts.

Fun Fact! Ever notice why Kalashnikov's are in bulk around former Soviet Bloc countries, or one's with strong soviet influences?
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Jakra wrote:
Ireland, the IRA always prefers the M-16 or AR-15 (only a minor difference) to the Kalashnikov

I wouldn't exactly call those people terrorists. Underhanded and Cowardly yes, but not quite Bombing civilians in a building for no real reason.

Jakra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakra » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Reavani wrote:
Jakra wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call those people terrorists. Underhanded and Cowardly yes, but not quite Bombing civilians in a building for no real reason.

They are terrorists, seriously what else are they. Watch Patriot Games or read any book about modern Ireland they all call the IRA terrorists.

(I only threw in Patriot Games as a fun reference)
Last edited by Jakra on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current DEFCON Level: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Jakran Factbook: NSEconomy: Jakran Military Factbook (WIP)
In Memoriam of President:John Henry Eden

Escafin
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Escafin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Letzen wrote:My Sig

You do realize your military is 1/4 (25%) of your population... right? That's impossible to field, and thus you likely carry twigs into combat, and are starving.
AKA: AUGARUNDUS' ALT

Zimbellomons
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zimbellomons » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:08 pm

OOC: Economic Left/Right: 0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10
IC: Economic Left/Right: -7.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.54

Zimbellomons
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zimbellomons » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:08 pm

anything else?
OOC: Economic Left/Right: 0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10
IC: Economic Left/Right: -7.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.54

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:09 am

Zimbellomons wrote:Image

I swear that orphanage attacked me first!

It was self defense!

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:39 am

Jakra wrote:
Reavani wrote:
Sorgan wrote:Wow do you ever know how communism works? In Communism product are always Shanty and easily broken because of terrible work forces and a low pay.

You can't.

Except in Georgia.

Those Klansmen are nuts.

Not entirely true, it was always a LOT easier for the IRA and other republican groups to get hold AR-15s (civilian semi auto only version) from thier supporters in the US than try and get AKs, they were also trying to create an image where they were distancing themselves from the soviets who were also supplying them with funding (along with most terror groups in europe at the time). Additionally when Republican songs mention Armalites they actually refer to AR-18s, mostly produced under license by the Sterling company in the UK (prior to the Hungerford massacre).

Of course if you actually take the time to look at hamas or hezbolla footage you will see a lot of AR-15 derived rifles in use if only because of thier tacticoolness.

as for the AK it never was as good or as realible as epople have amde it out to be which is why it has lost pretty much every Russian small arms trial since the 50s its only the industrial inertia and general Kalashnikov's influence that has kept around in various guises. As for bury guns and digging them, that's a party trick pretty much all the current crop of Western short stroke psiton operated rifle can perform
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:52 am

Reavani wrote:
Jakra wrote:

IRA not bombing civilians?

Manchester 1996
Omagh 1998
Birmingham 1974
Brighton 1984
Hyde park and Regents Park 1982
Guildford 1974
Lord Mountbatten 1979

It seems they were rather fond of bombing things. That makes them terrorists.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Reavani wrote:
Jakra wrote:

IRA not bombing civilians?

Manchester 1996
Omagh 1998
Birmingham 1974
Brighton 1984
Hyde park and Regents Park 1982
Guildford 1974
Lord Mountbatten 1979

It seems they were rather fond of bombing things. That makes them terrorists.

That also makes every aircraft capable government terrorists...
The United States, UK, Germany, and Japan more so then all others...

We seem to be pretty good at terrorizing things.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information