NATION

PASSWORD

The Factbook of Krsta + Q&A

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krsta
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Vibrosestan wrote:What happens should your nation be attacked, then?

That is for what diplomacy exists - to make friends all around the World so they can help when the help is needed ;) They were ready to help when that crazy godmodder tried to occupy us sending hundreds of thousands of soldiers to defend freedom and democracy against the fascist aggressor...

Power and Stability
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Power and Stability » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Krsta wrote:
Vibrosestan wrote:What happens should your nation be attacked, then?

That is for what diplomacy exists - to make friends all around the World so they can help when the help is needed ;) They were ready to help when that crazy godmodder tried to occupy us sending hundreds of thousands of soldiers to defend freedom and democracy against the fascist aggressor...

Who?
The People's Union

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Power and Stability wrote:
Krsta wrote:

Who?

Taffy 3, Separate Vermont, Sremski okrug, Makaar, TerraPublica, City of Norfolk, Nitom, Kadahl, Grecht-Albertsstein, Radicistan, Vestbredden, O5vx, The Andromeda Islands...........................

Minotzia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minotzia » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:14 am

How is it that you value the life of animals more than that of fetuses? Also, how can you be a "free society" when you prohibit management of your own diet?

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:45 am

Minotzia wrote:How is it that you value the life of animals more than that of fetuses? Also, how can you be a "free society" when you prohibit management of your own diet?

Because in every truly free society "my freedom ends where your freedom starts" - and that "your" refers to all living beings. It is very unlikely that there is any fetal pain during the first 26 weeks, which are the limit for legal abortion in Krsta.

Minotzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minotzia » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:57 am

Krsta wrote:
Minotzia wrote:How is it that you value the life of animals more than that of fetuses? Also, how can you be a "free society" when you prohibit management of your own diet?

Because in every truly free society "my freedom ends where your freedom starts" - and that "your" refers to all living beings. It is very unlikely that there is any fetal pain during the first 26 weeks, which are the limit for legal abortion in Krsta.

So it's about pain then? Would a painless method of butchering an animal be legal?

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Minotzia wrote:
Krsta wrote:

So it's about pain then? Would a painless method of butchering an animal be legal?

There is a lot of difference - animal is not part of the butcher's body and it will not have any serious consequences on the butcher's life. In the case of a woman, her fundamental individual liberty is to decide about her body and giving birth to a child against her will would affect her in many ways.

Minotzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minotzia » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Krsta wrote:
Minotzia wrote:

There is a lot of difference - animal is not part of the butcher's body and it will not have any serious consequences on the butcher's life. In the case of a woman, her fundamental individual liberty is to decide about her body and giving birth to a child against her will would affect her in many ways.

Didn't answer the question...

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Krsta wrote:
Minotzia wrote:

Here's something a Krstan prenatal researcher might try sometime: take a tissue sample from a fetus, and compare its DNA to that of the mother.

You will find that they are, in fact, two separate individuals.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:51 am

We will not change our legislation and limit women's rights, because of your silly comparation of abortion with butchering of an animal.

Minotzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minotzia » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:55 am

Krsta wrote:We will not change our legislation and limit women's rights, because of your silly comparation of abortion with butchering of an animal.

I wasn't concerned as much with the issue of abortion in Krsta as I was with the inability to eat meat. You never explained why a painless method of killing an animal and eating it would be illegal.

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:18 am

Minotzia wrote:
Krsta wrote:We will not change our legislation and limit women's rights, because of your silly comparation of abortion with butchering of an animal.

I wasn't concerned as much with the issue of abortion in Krsta as I was with the inability to eat meat. You never explained why a painless method of killing an animal and eating it would be illegal.

Actually, I did, by saying that survival or death of an animal would not have any consequences on the life of a butcher in the present society, while the situation with abortion is completely different. When being opposed to abortion you forget that abortion rate was much higher when it was illegal and illegalists made a lot of profit from it.

Minotzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minotzia » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Krsta wrote:
Minotzia wrote:

Actually, I did, by saying that survival or death of an animal would not have any consequences on the life of a butcher in the present society, while the situation with abortion is completely different. When being opposed to abortion you forget that abortion rate was much higher when it was illegal and illegalists made a lot of profit from it.

So what if the killing of an animal has no consequence on a butcher (it does actually, he makes money...)? Why do animals deserve rights? Simply because they can feel pain?

Vibrosestan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vibrosestan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Minotzia wrote:
Krsta wrote:

So what if the killing of an animal has no consequence on a butcher (it does actually, he makes money...)? Why do animals deserve rights? Simply because they can feel pain?

In a society where slaughtering animals is banned, there are no butchers. So there isn't a problem here.
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82422
Embassy Program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82759
COMCON: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81263
The Institution: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83615

Home of the Grand Institution for the Furthering of Knowledge

Patience and Compassion: The Death of Arguments

Minotzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minotzia » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Vibrosestan wrote:
Minotzia wrote:

In a society where slaughtering animals is banned, there are no butchers. So there isn't a problem here.

I understand that. I'm asking why it is wrong for an animal to be butchered. So far Krsta has said two things: 1) because animals feel pain, and 2) that animals do not have consequence on the butcher's life. I responded to the first by simply asking about why a painless method of butchering would be wrong, and to the second by pointing out that the animal's effect on the butcher's life is completely irrelevant to the question at hand.

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 am

Minotzia wrote:
Vibrosestan wrote:

I understand that. I'm asking why it is wrong for an animal to be butchered. So far Krsta has said two things: 1) because animals feel pain, and 2) that animals do not have consequence on the butcher's life. I responded to the first by simply asking about why a painless method of butchering would be wrong, and to the second by pointing out that the animal's effect on the butcher's life is completely irrelevant to the question at hand.

It is so obvious - animal is a living being which has a fundamental right to live.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:52 am

Krsta wrote:It is so obvious - animal is a living being which has a fundamental right to live.

By that logic, you should require all your people to keep on immunosuppressants to avoid killing bacteria. And that still leaves the question of why you give animals the right to live, but not prenatal human beings.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:42 pm

The Steel Fraternity wrote:
Krsta wrote:It is so obvious - animal is a living being which has a fundamental right to live.

By that logic, you should require all your people to keep on immunosuppressants to avoid killing bacteria. And that still leaves the question of why you give animals the right to live, but not prenatal human beings.

Then we are again back to the issue of the consequences of both acts - murder of an animal and abortion.

Equalization of bacteria and animals is complete banalization of the issue.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Krsta wrote:Then we are again back to the issue of the consequences of both acts - murder of an animal and abortion.

Equalization of bacteria and animals is complete banalization of the issue.

Bacteria and animals are equal. Your insistence that animals are of greater concern than human children is far worse than "banalization." It's outright sociopathic.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Ayla Taksidi wrote:What is the view of magic and magical peoples in Krsta?

It's free sex. That right there is magical.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information