NATION

PASSWORD

A República De Deveras Fresco Uiri (Factbook|Re-Intro|MT)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Uiri
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

A República De Deveras Fresco Uiri (Factbook|Re-Intro|MT)

Postby Uiri » Sat May 16, 2009 7:50 am

A República De Deveras Fresco Uiri

Name: The Republic of Deveras Fresco Uiri
Short Forms: R.U.; D.F.U. ; R.D.F.U. ; Uiri ; Fresco Uiri
Anthem: Volta Cançao
Capital: Tòrio
Largest City: Posa
Map
Official Language: Portuguese
Demonym: Uiric
Ethnic Groups: 94.5% Uiric, 2% Cape Verdean, 1.5% Portuguese, 0.75% Angolan, 0.75% Brazilians, 0.5% Other
Government: Parliamentary Representative Democratic Republic
Independence: July 8, 1975 (from Portugal)
Area: 452,307 km square
Population: ~ 4.32 billion
GDP: ~12.96 trillion
Main Economic Activities: Fishing, Fish Processing, Transportation, Tropical Fruit Farming
HDI: 0.764
Currency: Uiric Escudo (RUE)
Timezone: UTC±0
Drives on the: Right
Internet TLD: .rdfu
Calling Code: +7338
Telephone Number Length w/o calling code: 2 digit Area Code, 8 Digit Number (usually seperated into two 4 digit blocks)
Patron Saint: St. Jacob, son of Zebedee

(Feel free to initiate contact, if you are in a region with a lot of people who RP here frequently, I'd be happy to join I'll add more as time goes on.)
Last edited by Uiri on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SH*T HAPPENS
<Franberry> a WA condemnation is more useless than an irl UN sanction

Uiri
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Re: A República De Deveras Fresco Uiri (Factbook|Re-Intro|MT)

Postby Uiri » Tue May 26, 2009 6:37 pm

List of Uiric Visas and their purposes

NOTE: Except for Type 2, Type 7, Type 8, Type 9 and Type 3 Visas, all visas are valid for a period of 6 months and must be renewed before their expiry or the foreign national shall face deportation. It is recommended a re-application is submitted at least 2 to 3 months before expiry

Visa TypeEligibility/Who the Visa is forSubtype AWhat the subtype is forSubtype BWhat the subtype is for
Type 1 VisaForeign DiplomatsType 1-A VisaDiplomats to Diplomatic MissionsType 1-B VisaDiplomats from International Organizations
Type 2 VisaVisitor for 90 days or lessType 2-A VisaFor PleasureType 2-B VisaFor Business
Type 3 VisaVisitors for 5 days or lessType 3-A VisaDiplomats in Transit
Type 4 VisaForeign exchange students & visitorsType 4-A VisaAcademic StudentsType 4-B VisaVocational Student
Type 5 VisaTemporary Workers and traineesType 5-A VisaSpecialty OccupationType 5-B VisaSeasonal Worker
Type 6 VisaInvestors' Visa (min. US$ 50,000)
Type 7 VisaStudents
Type 8 VisaPermanent Resident
Type 9 VisaVictim of Human Trafficking

Those looking for their visa to lead to citizenship or a type 8 visa add an I after the number but before the subtype, for example, a worker in a specialty occupation who is temporary for now but wishes to change to Type 8 or citizen would be applying for a Type 5I-A Visa.

Those looking for a visa with a visa for longer can obtain a Visa valid for 2 years add a Y after the number but before the subtype, for example a worker in a specialty occupation who wishes for a 2 year visa instead of the standard 6 months would apply for a Type 5Y-A Visa.

Spouses and children of those 16 and older and parents of those under 16 apply for the same type of visa as their principal (the one who has the initial reason to apply for a visa) but add an F after the number but before the subtype, for example a spouse of a temporary worker who is in a specialty occupation would apply for a Type 5F-A Visa. This can be combined with either the I visa extension or the Y visa extension. For example, a Type 5FY-A Visa.

Type 2 visas are available on arrival for most nationals however the immigration official may refuse on a case-by case basis for no specified reason.

Type 8 visas cannot be combined with Visa extensions I or Y and are valid for a period of 4 years and re-applications should be submitted at least 6 months before expiry. Holders of Type 8 visas may not do the following; vote, stand for public office, apply for public sector employment. They also are not issued an Uiric passport nor are they allowed access to Uiric consular services and/or protection.

Type 7 and Type 9 visas are valid for a period of 2 years and re-applications should be submitted at least 4 to 5 months before expiry. They can only be renewed a total of 3 times before the foreign national must return to their home country or submit a Type 8 visa form at least 6 months before the expiry of the third issuance of their visa. Type 7 visa holders must attend an Uiric educational institution. Type 9 visa holders must testify in court against their traffickers.

Other Type 5 Visa subtypes and who they are for:

Type 5-C Visa - Athletes or entertainers
Type 5-D Visa - Religious occupations
Type 5-E Visa - Media
Last edited by Uiri on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
SH*T HAPPENS

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Tue May 26, 2009 8:16 pm

A few OOC comments

What exactly is "Deveras Fresco" supposed to mean?

Also, it should be "Volta Canção". ALT+0227 should do it
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

South Norfair
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norfair » Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Third Spanish States wrote:A few OOC comments

"Sometimes Fresh". But 'Fresco' can have the meaning of arrogant, one who does not mingle out of disgust. I hope it is so in European Portuguese anyway, that would make it "Sometimes arrogant". Doesn't make much sense to me.

Uiri
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Uiri » Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 am

OOC: It is supposed to be really fresh. At this point it doesn't really matter.
IC:

Demographics

Age Structure:

35.3% - 0-14 years
58.2% - 15-64 years
6.5% - 65+ years

Median Age: 21

Growth Rate: 0.13%

Birth Rate: 7.5 Births/1000 people

Death Rate: 6.2 deaths/1000 people

Urban Population: 60%

Life Expectancy: 70 years

Fertility rate: 3.02 children/woman

HIV/AIDS Adult Prevalence Rate: 0.035%

Religion: 91.6% Roman Catholic, 8.3% Protestant, 1.1% Other

Literacy: 80%
SH*T HAPPENS

Asimovi
Lobbyist

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Asimovi » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 am

South Norfair wrote:
Third Spanish States wrote:A few OOC comments

"Sometimes Fresh". But 'Fresco' can have the meaning of arrogant, one who does not mingle out of disgust. I hope it is so in European Portuguese anyway, that would make it "Sometimes arrogant". Doesn't make much sense to me.

Deveras actually mean "indeed" or "truly" since it comes from the union of De + Veras (de = of and Veras = true) so I believe the best translation to it would be "Truly Fresh".

Grandheim
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandheim » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:27 pm

let me to comment......
i think your country need a military superpower.why?because your country is new to independent and i think other country can be ambitious to conquer your country again.
that's my comment to your country,sorry if my word too hard for you

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information