NATION

PASSWORD

Anogenese Factbook (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Anogenese Factbook (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Postby Anogen Dys » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

The Free Land of Anogen Dys
The Free Land of Anogen Dys is a bizzare nation, ruled by a totalitarian political party known as "Inorev" ever since a revolution in AD 1984. It has one of the world's worst human rights records, with the death penalty being used for even the most minor of crimes. Details on the nation are sketchy, but it is thought that the citizens are constantly being spied on by surveillence cameras, even in their homes, and that they are constantly being bombarded with propoganda from the state.

Motto: "Inorev eibrakt land, af sauveurs Anogen." Translation: Long live Inorev, saviors of Anogen.
National anthem: Inorev eibrakt land, af sauveurs Anogen.
Capital: Incharge City (formerly Erikha)
Demonym: Anogenese
Population: 183 million
Official language: Anogenese
Government type: Dictatorship
Ideology: Statist, Orwellian, Totalitarian, Stalinist, Revisionist, Anti-democratic.
Formation: 1482 (Empire of Anogen Dys) 1984 (Free Land)
Head of State: National Director "Incharge"
Head of Government: Ditto.
Currency: Curunit
Literacy rate: 84%
Last edited by Anogen Dys on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly known as Birnadia.
Factbook (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
Political compass (inaccurate):
Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.15

South Lorenya wrote:Lies! Everyone knows that Max Barry is America's perfect teen! :p

Wilgrove wrote:I dunno, if I was Obama, first I'd ask how big they made the penis. If I was satisfied with the penis, then I'd probably let it go.

Hydesland wrote:On Christmas day we have a festive meal of fried baby stuffed with stem cells.

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

History

History
The land that is now Anogen Dys has been inhabited by humans for over 600,000 years. Around 1500 BC, a civilation grew in what is now the south-east of the country. They are known as the Morvalonians. They were based in the city of Morvalon, and their empire controlled large areas of the east of the country as well as further regions to the south of Anogen. Their empire eventually came under attack from tribes to the north, and their capital city fell to invaders in 150 AD. For many centuries afterwards, Anogen Dys was made up of various warring kingdoms. Despite this, a culture and common language developed throughout the kingdoms.

In 1482, a warrior from the kingdom of Iekadia, Erik Jaqole, united the warring kingdoms of Anogen, and founded the Empire of Anogen Dys. He declared himself Emperor Erik I of Anogen Dys, and established a new capital city in the east of the country, known as Erikha. He is remebered as a good king, improving education and quality of life across the Empire, and became known as Erik the Great. He died in 1509 at the age of 64. He was succeded by his son, Emperor Erik II. Over the centuries, Anogen Dys became a wealthy and powerful nation, and dominated trade in the region. However, by the 1830s, the Empire was in trouble. The economy was in decline, the country's technology was falling behind neighbouring countries rapidly and poverty was increasing quickly.

In 1848, famine broke out throught the nation. The government was blamed, and in May, an uprising against the monarch, Emperor Paul, broke out. The insurgency lasted five months until October, when Paul and the leader of the rebels, Edric Richards, signed a peace treaty. It was agreed that the Emperor should create a parliament and abdicate, to be succeded by his nephew, Edward III. As Emperor, Edward helped to rebuild Anogen's shattered economy and infrastructure, but the Empire was never as powerful as it had been before.

In late 1974/early 1975, Inorev was founded. It's exact origins are obscure, but they are thought to have originated from the city of Orits, in the north-east of Anogen. Between June 1975 and November 1982, Inorev is thought to have been responsible for up to 300,000 deaths across the country. In November 1982, civil war broke out. Inorev guerilla forces became increasingly aggresive, and over 9 million people were killed. By March 1984, the Inorev had gained control of most of the country, partly due to the fact they had brainwashed much of the population into supporting them. The war ended with the Battle of Erikha, which took place from 10 Febuary-29 March 1984, seeing Inorev forces defeat Emperor Yuri IV's army. Yuri fled the city, but was captured just days later on the 2nd of April. He was then endured over 36 hours of physical and phsychological torture, before being
executed by being drowned in acid. The Free Land of Anogen Dys was proclaimed on 4 April 1984, with Inorev's mysterious leader, "Incharge", declaring himself the "Nation Director".
Last edited by Anogen Dys on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

South Lorenya wrote:Lies! Everyone knows that Max Barry is America's perfect teen! :p

Wilgrove wrote:I dunno, if I was Obama, first I'd ask how big they made the penis. If I was satisfied with the penis, then I'd probably let it go.

Hydesland wrote:On Christmas day we have a festive meal of fried baby stuffed with stem cells.

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Government & Politics

Anogen Dys has a rather unique political system. An assembly of 100 of the highest-ranking officials of Inorev, known as The Comittee, meet every day to discuss and debate legislation. However, all propoed legislation requires the approval of the National Director. The assembly consists of the National Director, the Vice-Director, the entire cabinet, and other members who are appointed by the Director. Here is a list of cabinet members:

National Director: "Incharge"
Vice-Director: Francis Folter

Minister of Finance: Georg Novak-Puo
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Baraka Vireas
Minister of Media: Arthur Promyvat
Minister of Education: Graham Promyvat
Minister of Defense (de facto): "Incharge"
Minister of Transport: Isaac Masikip
Minister of Health: Charliy Sygdom
Minister of Energy: Max Mosquito
Minister of Buisness and Employment: Herbert Arbeitslosigkeit
Minister of Culture: Likotsi Odelaeg
Last edited by Anogen Dys on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Demographics

Postby Anogen Dys » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:50 am

Total population: 183,753,935 (2009)
Age structure:
0-14 - 12.4%
15-64 - 79.5%
65+ - 8.1%

Median age: 29.4 years
Population growth - -0.7%
Net migration rate: Around zero.
Life expectancy: 51.7 years
Literacy:
82.7% Ethinic Anogenese
16.2% Ethnic Morvalonian
1.1% Other

Religous makeup: All religion is outlawed as it distracts from citizen's "devotion" to the government. Believers are sent to re-education camps.
Last edited by Anogen Dys on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

--Reserved For Future Use--

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anogen Dys » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:51 am

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anogen Dys » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:51 am

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information