NATION

PASSWORD

Condemn or Commend?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72678

Condemn as much as is possible without declaring war.

In the IIRK a nuclear bomb is considered to be a laughably weak weapon in the forms know by most nations.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:52 pm

JJ Place wrote:
Hooray!

Saurisia: Not sure, really not sure.

In JJ Place, almost all vehicles are flown miles above the surface, as opposed to driving on roads.

Commend, it is a testament to your economic/technological advancement and personal freedoms. The Empire has very similar cars.

Kreanoltha, commend, your weapons program is to be envied.

In the Adrian Empire, almost the entire population is concentrated in enormous super-metropolises with towering buildings so high that most footpaths are built at a midway in the air.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Beiguo
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiguo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Commend for impressive development. By contrast, most people in Beiguo still live in fairly small communities.

Beiguese law does not recognize the Church of Scientology as a religious group. If anything, they are leaning to calling it a cult.
I do not use NS stats, and before you try, shaming me with "I guess you're just playing to win" doesn't work. You can be pure MT and still be that jackass if you want to, so shut your arrogant mouth.

NS stats are satire that was never meant to be taken seriously.

I aligned this to the right because I bloody well felt like it. If you frequently do things because you bloody well feel like it, add this to your signature.

Volnotov
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotov » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Beiguo wrote:Commend for impressive development. By contrast, most people in Beiguo still live in fairly small communities.

Beiguese law does not recognize the Church of Scientology as a religious group. If anything, they are leaning to calling it a cult.

Indiffirent.

State of Volnotov as a nation suffers from a sevear kind of collective psychopathy.
What is your political orientation?
Participate now in the NS Political Orietnation Poll!

Political Spectrum Quiz Results

"There are those people that believe that we are all equal, that every person should recieve an equal piece of the cake regardless of what they contributed to it.
I believe in a fair society, were those that contributed the most to the cake recieve the biggest share. Maybe that is not *equal*, but sure it is fair."

Paradasea
Envoy

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradasea » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Condemn.

Due to our high population density, more and more Paradaseans are resorting to using motorcycles, bicycles, golf carts, or simply walking for the daily commute. Still, most people have cars for trips out of the town.
Paradasea: A town with a population of 8,800.
Economic Left/Right: 2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

Mediterreania
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Commend.

Mediterreanians consider Scientology to be a corporation, not a religion. However, they do not ban it. Instead, they just refuse to protect it.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

Spaim and Neek
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaim and Neek » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Commend.

Spaim's politicians seem to have hit their heads on something recently and are moving the country to a more centrist position.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

Take the World Census 2011 at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868

New Balkaney
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Balkaney » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Condemn. The only government policy worth pursuing is one of moderate centripetal force.

In Balkan penal systems, it is not uncommon for the more colonially minded judicial systems to require weregeld as a substitute for execution or imprisonment.
Last edited by New Balkaney on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood for the Blood God. Skulls for the Skull Throne.
"A region known for ethno-religious conflict IN SPACE!" - Vingtor on the Balkan State
Stratigae of the Federation of Allied Republics

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 3.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.44

Arcivan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcivan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Condemn.

Allowing people to pay their way through harsh criminal offense degrades the moral character of your society.

Arcivan prisons do not feature nearly the amount of comforts or pleasantries other nations possess. For instance, there is no form of "television" available, no team sport recreational facilitation, however books are available-mostly non fiction.

JJ Place
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Arcivan: Commend, prison should not be luxury; but, there is absolutely no way by which a person can gain Television in the prison system of Arcivan?

In JJ Place, sites such as Limewire and Pirate Bay are legal.
The price of cheese is eternal Vignotte.

Thurask
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thurask » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Commend. We have the same outlook.

Being a member of a Self Defense Force or Self Defense Force Reserve allows for not paying sales tax, among other benefits.
National Information
Economic Left/Right: ln 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: lim (x->0) 1/x
Pro: Some stuff
Anti: Some other stuff

Communist Winnipeg
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Communist Winnipeg » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Condemn. Your people should be proud to serve in your armed forces and reserves without receiving bribes.

Education is free to all citizens up to and including post doctoral degrees according to the students' abilities. In other words, if a student has the ability, they can train to whatever level they want without accumulating debt.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Communist Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Executive Member of Canadian Sarcasm Society - "Yes. We really need your help."

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Communist Winnipeg wrote:Condemn. Your people should be proud to serve in your armed forces and reserves without receiving bribes.

Education is free to all citizens up to and including post doctoral degrees according to the students' abilities. In other words, if a student has the ability, they can train to whatever level they want without accumulating debt.

Condemn

Penal Units are units of Human convicts who are assigned both arduous and dangerous tasks, such as clearing minefields, this results in a high mortality rate and thus, being in a Penal Unit is a serious punishment for a serious crime.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:28 pm

Commend. They deserve to do something dangerous.

In the IIRK the government may not levy more than a 10% flat tax income tax, and the states may not levy more than a 15% flat income tax. All entities are expressly prohibited from levying an aggressive-rate tax and personal property taxes.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Condemn, those taxes are too high.

In the Hathradic States, all currency must be backed by an equal value of gold.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Hathradic States wrote:In the Hathradic States, all currency must be backed by an equal value of gold.

Commend. It's the best way to run a currency.

In the IIRK the national constitution is seen as a list of what the government may do. Not as a list of what the government may not do.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Grant Park
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Grant Park » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:In the Hathradic States, all currency must be backed by an equal value of gold.

Commend. It's the best way to run a currency.

In the IIRK the national constitution is seen as a list of what the government may do. Not as a list of what the government may not do.

Commend. The only edit would be the constitution is the list of what our Great Leader may do, and may be ammended at His pleasure.

In Grant Park having a strong military and strong police force are our top priority.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Condemn. Militarism is oppression.

In Meryuma, citizens govern themselves through direct democracy.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Meryuma wrote:Condemn. Militarism is oppression.

In Meryuma, citizens govern themselves through direct democracy.

Condemn, even Direct Democracy is not perfect.

The Saurisian people are proud of their country (especially the Dinosaurs) and are very supportive of their government.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Kent-Norman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kent-Norman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Condemn.Dino Hitlers are bad.

In Kent-Norman, the President was shot dead in his house by an angry citizen, after seeing how the country is becoming more and more Communist.
Republic of Kent-Norman
We are an ex-Communist State, but we don't bother to change the flag, much like Angola or Mozambique.

Invasion of Voek(Initial Victory, forced to surrender)
2nd Rustik Hayaban War, Joint Invasion of Hayaba (Initial Victory, later withdrawal after the thread was locked)
Colte-Islands Independence War(Ceded the Colte-Islands to Reformed Britannia for 60 days.)
Kalasparatan Revolution(Peacekeeping Forces)
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.56
Defcon Level: [1] 2 3 4 5

Beiguo
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiguo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Kent-Norman wrote:In Kent-Norman, the President was shot dead in his house by an angry citizen, after seeing how the country is becoming more and more Communist.

Commend the reason, condemn the action unless there was no alternative.

Beiguo is now beginning to seek out and provide assistance to anti-Communist movements around the world.
I do not use NS stats, and before you try, shaming me with "I guess you're just playing to win" doesn't work. You can be pure MT and still be that jackass if you want to, so shut your arrogant mouth.

NS stats are satire that was never meant to be taken seriously.

I aligned this to the right because I bloody well felt like it. If you frequently do things because you bloody well feel like it, add this to your signature.

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Condemn harshly.

Genomitan scientists have begun first steps towards creating a hive mind for the community's population. if the experiment is successful, crime and internal revolts will become a thing of the past.
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

Machinarium
Attaché

Founded: Sep 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Machinarium » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 am

Genomita wrote:Condemn harshly.

Genomitan scientists have begun first steps towards creating a hive mind for the community's population. if the experiment is successful, crime and internal revolts will become a thing of the past.

Condemn. What about creativity, etc?

In Machinarium, murderers are executed in the same way they killed their victim(s).

Volnotov
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotov » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 am

Machinarium wrote:
Genomita wrote:Condemn harshly.

Condemn. What about creativity, etc?

In Machinarium, murderers are executed in the same way they killed their victim(s).

*Sigh* Why not just put them in labour camps? Indifferent as of the moment.

The Volnotovian society is a militarist one and war is glorified.
What is your political orientation?
Participate now in the NS Political Orietnation Poll!

Political Spectrum Quiz Results

"There are those people that believe that we are all equal, that every person should recieve an equal piece of the cake regardless of what they contributed to it.
I believe in a fair society, were those that contributed the most to the cake recieve the biggest share. Maybe that is not *equal*, but sure it is fair."

Vortiaganica
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vortiaganica » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:20 am

Condemn.

Your economy belongs in the toilet, Mr. Militaire.

-----

In Vortiaganica, we have a 4 day school week and make up for it with an extra hour of school compared to many other conventional schooling timetables for all four days. (This of course also implies 3 days off every 7-day week)
The Grim Reaper in Disguise

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information