NATION

PASSWORD

Creating You (Make Your Own Everything)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:45 pm

L3 Communications wrote:
Satirius wrote:it's not meant to go places where it would encounter things like that though, unless you had some super-pro guerillas that managed to haul one through enemy lines into a good ambush position

can see it in some lulzy riot police scenario

Tbh, but if you have any decently armed citizenry, they'll at least have .50 Barrett rifles.

ASE himself has said in the past his citizens have fucking heavy machine guns and their gangs use R2 rifles or something. So a KPV in a riot scenario in ASE, or a similarly heavily armed country, wouldn't be too out of place. \:

Yeah, my gangs are fuckin' badass. The only main One of the many downsides is the fact that they pretty much drive the police out of the ghettos every few months, forcing me to send in the Army. The Warbus might be of some use to police officers in a last stand against the gangs.

Anyway, I am planning on redesigning the Warbus to see if I can make it useful. The changes include shortening the bus, adding a cage fence thing on the top to allow sand bags or backpacks to be placed on top without sliding off, and a reinforced roof that can hold around a dozen soldiers and some sandbags.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Fashiontopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:56 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
L3 Communications wrote:
Tbh, but if you have any decently armed citizenry, they'll at least have .50 Barrett rifles.

ASE himself has said in the past his citizens have fucking heavy machine guns and their gangs use R2 rifles or something. So a KPV in a riot scenario in ASE, or a similarly heavily armed country, wouldn't be too out of place. \:

Yeah, my gangs are fuckin' badass. The only main One of the many downsides is the fact that they pretty much drive the police out of the ghettos every few months, forcing me to send in the Army. The Warbus might be of some use to police officers in a last stand against the gangs.

Anyway, I am planning on redesigning the Warbus to see if I can make it useful. The changes include shortening the bus, adding a cage fence thing on the top to allow sand bags or backpacks to be placed on top without sliding off, and a reinforced roof that can hold around a dozen soldiers and some sandbags.

Stop deploying your army... the best way to deal with these things is to encourage the citizens who live in the neighborhoods to rise against it... when they take up arms against the Gangs the Gangs' money will rapidly dissapear and they will become fearful of the population. When the Gangs get scared they will run and the neighborhoods will be taken back.
Last edited by Fashiontopia on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Song Release Journey: Dakar - "Dancin' Like Nobody"

Pre-Save Link for Apple Music or Spotify
Instagram | Tik Tok | Facebook | VK.com
President: Dakar
Capital: Anakin
Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Does anyone else think of this whenever they hear of the War Bus?
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Fashiontopia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Yeah, my gangs are fuckin' badass. The only main One of the many downsides is the fact that they pretty much drive the police out of the ghettos every few months, forcing me to send in the Army. The Warbus might be of some use to police officers in a last stand against the gangs.

Stop deploying your army... the best way to deal with these things is to encourage the citizens who live in the neighborhoods to rise against it... when they take up arms against the Gangs the Gangs' money will rapidly dissapear and they will become fearful of the population. When the Gangs get scared they will run and the neighborhoods will be taken back.

or deal with the ingrained socioeconomic disparities that create them in the first place

armed resistance doesn't work when your opponent is rich enough for R2's
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Saurisia wrote:Does anyone else think of this whenever they hear of the War Bus?

Yeah, me.

Scary... Saurisia and I have the same reaction to something... :shock:
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Satirius wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:Stop deploying your army... the best way to deal with these things is to encourage the citizens who live in the neighborhoods to rise against it... when they take up arms against the Gangs the Gangs' money will rapidly dissapear and they will become fearful of the population. When the Gangs get scared they will run and the neighborhoods will be taken back.

or deal with the ingrained socioeconomic disparities that create them in the first place

Not if the Government Funds it and provides Weapons and Body Armor... just garrison out Machine Guns and Assault Rifles, give them enough Ammunition and Training to fire accurately and effectively against the Gangs then watch the two clash, in the end if the People still haven't won and casualties mount too high you can step back in and knock the Gangs back down to size, retrain and re-strategies the people and unleash them to continue fighting the Gangs independently.

Eventually the main support of Gangs (money from illegal dealings) will cease and their operations will not be able to continue.

Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Satirius wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:Stop deploying your army... the best way to deal with these things is to encourage the citizens who live in the neighborhoods to rise against it... when they take up arms against the Gangs the Gangs' money will rapidly dissapear and they will become fearful of the population. When the Gangs get scared they will run and the neighborhoods will be taken back.

but that's communism

and communism is bad
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

this has got me thinking. since crim in my nation is rapidly growing, maybe I could have gang warfare RP thing. like, an entire neighborhood basically goes to war with each other and the cops. you know. whatchya think?
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Phonencia wrote:this has got me thinking. since crim in my nation is rapidly growing, maybe I could have gang warfare RP thing. like, an entire neighborhood basically goes to war with each other and the cops. you know. whatchya think?

That would be beast.... I'd be willing to play as the Gangs...

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Satirius wrote:

In some of the ghettos gangs make up almost 20% of the adult population, and unlike random poor citizens (these are the ghettos), the gangs can pool their wealth together. Granted most gang members are armed with AKs and AR-10s, but the "elite" gang members are practically fully equipped soldiers. Hell, some gangs probably have a few IFVs to carry them around. As for the wealth disparity, the people in the ghettos are mostly the people that you don't want to hire no matter how little they work for, drug users, gang members, and uneducated people. Anyway, to deal with the gangs, I may just create a police force trained and equipped to launch large scale attacks against the gangs every now and again.

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Saurisia wrote:Does anyone else think of this whenever they hear of the War Bus?

crap don't remind me i have to travel on a real bus every day but yeah actually it dose
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Ramsetia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:51 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Image

So...the drab colours are to imply a more realistic look? an older edition of the uniform? A mis-post that was supposed to be made by a puppet?

I mean, they're awesome as ever...just...I'm kinda lost without you making bright 'pip pip' armies.

EDIT; removed picture. Had a photobucket fail.
Last edited by Ramsetia on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Our national Embassy Programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30197
Our Standard Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30375&start=0
Our FT-specific Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47987&start=0
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Ramsetia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 am

New Nicksyllvania wrote:uniforms for alternative tyranny nicksyllvania

Ohhh, so they're all conscripts/members of the ruling party/black-hearted bastards who enjoy keeping the proles down.

Fun times.
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Quiahuitlpan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quiahuitlpan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 am

The Ayotl (Turtle) Infantry Fighting Hovercraft is the first major joint venture undertaken by the confederacy. Whilst the main body is a derivative of the prototype Mazatl IFV the chassis and hover craft systems are made of proven and effective Inuto technology, with Inutoland having terrain similar to our own. The propulsion fans and weapon systems are of Albrantean design, being made by Royce PLC and Bond & Vickers land systems respectively. Its powerful propulsion fans and light weight glass/aluminum composite armor allow it to tear it through the swamps, the irony of its namesake should be noted. The standard armament is a dual 57mm auto-cannons allows potent anti-air and anti-armor capability in addition to the capability to install a series of Bond & Vickers HIVE remote control weapon systems. All this and the ability to carry up to seven troops through the marshlands ensures that the Ayotl will be well utilized in the future.
Last edited by Quiahuitlpan on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:42 am

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Image

proletarian guard amirite
Quiahuitlpan wrote:

The Ayotl (Turtle) Infantry Fighting Hovercraft is the first major joint venture undertaken by the confederacy. Whilst the main body is a derivative of the prototype Mazatl IFV the chassis and hover craft systems are made of proven and effective Inuto technology, with Inutoland having terrain similar to our own. The propulsion fans and weapon systems are of Albrantean design, being made by Royce PLC and Bond & Vickers land systems respectively. Its powerful propulsion fans and light weight glass/aluminum composite armor allow it to tear it through the swamps, the irony of its namesake should be noted. The standard armament is a dual 57mm auto-cannons allows potent anti-air and anti-armor capability in addition to the capability to install a series of Bond & Vickers HIVE remote control weapon systems. All this and the ability to carry up to seven troops through the marshlands ensures that the Ayotl will be well utilized in the future.

overall a good design, but that BMP front should go because you're not going over water by acting like a boat, and you could redistribute that mass around for more armor elsewhere.

Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Quiahuitlpan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quiahuitlpan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:52 am

Quiahuitlpan wrote:

overall a good design, but that BMP front should go because you're not going over water by acting like a boat, and you could redistribute that mass around for more armor elsewhere.

Firstly it goes well with the back story, secondly it needs a curved up front so it can power over the many light debris in the swamps of Quiahuitlpan and thirdly I like the look of it ;)
Last edited by Quiahuitlpan on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ramsetia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:14 am

Okay. You might need to shift-refresh to see the current image.

Anyway; That's every major variation of infantry in the RIDF and Merchant Militia, and the war/police dog that sees the most service (which may or may not be replaced with a Dingo or other form of Desert-tastic Wolf).

For an added bonus, Kubrick is on this sheet lookin' all badass and viking, like he does best.

Avstroslavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Avstroslavia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:53 am

Here is my army

1.Chasseur the elite of our army
2.The coastal guard
3.The Landwehr, the states army
4.The guards of the emperor
5.Kur(Kaiserlich und Republich)The Avstroslavia regular army
6.Border guards

Last edited by Avstroslavia on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
GO AVSTROSLAVIA
http://bretonnie.free.fr/jeu/charge.php?pseudo=Slovenec
http://bretonnie.free.fr/jeu/charge.php?pseudo=Slovenec
WE ZA PEOPLE
want chesse

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Phonencia wrote:this has got me thinking. since crim in my nation is rapidly growing, maybe I could have gang warfare RP thing. like, an entire neighborhood basically goes to war with each other and the cops. you know. whatchya think?

That would be beast.... I'd be willing to play as the Gangs...

character RP

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78274#p3697377
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:42 am

without a doubt the best fucking thing I've ever made on paint period without a doubt.

Gang bangers, versus citizens, army, police, and Third Echelon.

http://i52.tinypic.com/veq7wj.png
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Ramsetia wrote:Image

Okay. You might need to shift-refresh to see the current image.

Anyway; That's every major variation of infantry in the RIDF and Merchant Militia, and the war/police dog that sees the most service (which may or may not be replaced with a Dingo or other form of Desert-tastic Wolf).

For an added bonus, Kubrick is on this sheet lookin' all badass and viking, like he does best.

Awesome. But viking hair is just plain stupid for combat. It could get caught in several different bits of equipment and provide a easy thing to for a opponent to grab in CQC.

So? Nothing about Ramsetia's military is practical. The soldiers are carrying shields that probably weigh around 30kg.

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Founded: Nov 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:34 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:uniforms for alternative tyranny nicksyllvania

Look like the NN Naval Infantry to me actually.

They don't want to get their nice stuff, or shiny medals rusty or anything from salt water, afterall.
Leopard 1 IRL

Kyiv is my disobedient child. :P

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Phonencia wrote:without a doubt the best fucking thing I've ever made on paint period without a doubt.

Gang bangers, versus citizens, army, police, and Third Echelon.

http://i52.tinypic.com/veq7wj.png

armed newscrew oh lawd

this needs an Apache going "OH GOD THEY HAVE RPG'S" and opening up its chaingun on it

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:19 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:In some of the ghettos gangs make up almost 20% of the adult population, and unlike random poor citizens (these are the ghettos), the gangs can pool their wealth together. Granted most gang members are armed with AKs and AR-10s, but the "elite" gang members are practically fully equipped soldiers. Hell, some gangs probably have a few IFVs to carry them around. As for the wealth disparity, the people in the ghettos are mostly the people that you don't want to hire no matter how little they work for, drug users, gang members, and uneducated people. Anyway, to deal with the gangs, I may just create a police force trained and equipped to launch large scale attacks against the gangs every now and again.

You could do what the nobility of old did

Grant them titles and land and then tax their profits and demand that they defend the nation to keep their titles.

Sure your existing aristocracy might no approve at the sudden arrival of the Duke of West Gorge, Lord of Da Hood, Baron of 32nd Avenue and the Prince of Bel-Air, but what have they ever done for you?

How about supporting in fighting amongst the gangs? Lets say the "KKKanada gang" is gaining too much power and is starting to become a threat to the police, than we will support the "Amerikkka gang" by giving them arms and ammo, so they may go to war and weaken them. Obviously I made up the gang names.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm

IRL Update: Wednesday I did my presentation to show off Fashiontopia for the other students in my class (9th Grade Humanities or Social Studies)... as you may well know we had a project which we had to create our own Countries in... therefore since I already had Fashiontopia I just wrote down what I had already written. Now... my Presentation went very nicely it just included some facts about Fashiontopia and what not, at the end I played my favorite song Carry Out by Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake to which I promptly started dancing to in the middle of the class room. I can't believe how much Bass those Smart-Board speakers have... I turned that thing on full blast and was feeling the rhythm hahahaha.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information