NATION

PASSWORD

Creating You (Make Your Own Everything)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm

L3 Communications wrote:
Satirius wrote:they'd tear the puppy apart

Hell a KPV would tear a "warbus" apart.

it's not meant to go places where it would encounter things like that though, unless you had some super-pro guerillas that managed to haul one through enemy lines into a good ambush position

can see it in some lulzy riot police scenario
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Satirius wrote:
L3 Communications wrote:
Hell a KPV would tear a "warbus" apart.

it's not meant to go places where it would encounter things like that though, unless you had some super-pro guerillas that managed to haul one through enemy lines into a good ambush position

can see it in some lulzy riot police scenario

Tbh, but if you have any decently armed citizenry, they'll at least have .50 Barrett rifles.

ASE himself has said in the past his citizens have fucking heavy machine guns and their gangs use R2 rifles or something. So a KPV in a riot scenario in ASE, or a similarly heavily armed country, wouldn't be too out of place. \:
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 am

Satirius wrote:
L3 Communications wrote:
Backblast.

hang them all off the back in a ghetto recoiling carriage

ASE repost that shit and let me have at it

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx27 ... rbus-3.png
All variants of the Warbus.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:45 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Satirius wrote:hang them all off the back in a ghetto recoiling carriage

ASE repost that shit and let me have at it

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx27 ... rbus-3.png

one without resizing?

Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Fashiontopia wrote:Image
Rheinell Military Company Mechanized Platoon... 40 Infantry, 4 M113A3s, 1 Navigator Up-Armored HMMWV, 10 Crew (for vehicles).

if the M113 sucks in real life its going to be horrible in NS, i would use another APC.
Right behind you...: UDL

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Satirius wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx27 ... rbus-3.png

one without resizing?

Unfortunately I can't get one that isn't resized or a jpeg. But here is the image I edited to make it.
http://www.juniorgeneral.org/donated/artibusbw.gif
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm

What would you lot suggest for support on a company level?
Stuff like mortars etc.
groovy GROOVY grovey govey govy gov go grooovy
Deviant Art

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Wolohanistan wrote:What would you lot suggest for support on a company level?
Stuff like mortars etc.

Mortars and HMGs, anything larger should be issued at Divisional level, or at least at Battalion level

Forgot to mention that it's a motorised company transported in that IMV I posted a few pages back.
Deviant Art

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Mortars and HMGs, anything larger should be issued at Divisional level, or at least at Battalion level

Forgot to mention that it's a motorised company transported in that IMV I posted a few pages back.

Same thing, just use trucks to transport the mortar squads instead of IMVs.

I think GPMG can fit into IMV.
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:25 pm

L3 Communications wrote:
Wolohanistan wrote:

Same thing, just use trucks to transport the mortar squads instead of IMVs.

I think GPMG can fit into IMV.

That shouldn't be much of a problem, my IMV can be edited fairly easy for that purpose.
Deviant Art

Fashiontopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Mortars and HMGs, anything larger should be issued at Divisional level, or at least at Battalion level

I suggest Flak 30s with Modern Upgrades, hook them to the back of your APCs and roll. Then when you get ready to dismount, have the crew run over unhook it, spin it around, and start spraying 20mm at enemy Infantry and Armor.
This is good for light anti-aircraft, anti-infantry, and the 20mm round should be partially effective against armor.

It has an elevation of -12 degrees to 90 degrees. Can fire 120–180 rounds per minute (without modern upgrade), it's effective out to 2,406 yards, and it's feed via 20 round box magazines.
Song Release Journey: Dakar - "Dancin' Like Nobody"

Pre-Save Link for Apple Music or Spotify
Instagram | Tik Tok | Facebook | VK.com
President: Dakar
Capital: Anakin
Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

Mikedor
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Fashiontopia wrote:
Wolohanistan wrote:

I suggest Flak 30s with Modern Upgrades, hook them to the back of your APCs and roll. Then when you get ready to dismount, have the crew run over unhook it, spin it around, and start spraying 20mm at enemy Infantry and Armor.
This is good for light anti-aircraft, anti-infantry, and the 20mm round should be partially effective against armor.

It has an elevation of -12 degrees to 90 degrees. Can fire 120–180 rounds per minute (without modern upgrade), it's effective out to 2,406 yards, and it's feed via 20 round box magazines.

Or just send an IFV with autocannon with the company.
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:08 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:I suggest Flak 30s with Modern Upgrades, hook them to the back of your APCs and roll. Then when you get ready to dismount, have the crew run over unhook it, spin it around, and start spraying 20mm at enemy Infantry and Armor.
[spoiler]Image

Inferior in every way to the [/spoiler]Canon de 75 modèle 1897

Why compare an Artillery Piece to an ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUN... these guns are in no way similar and therefore are not comparable...

Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Tell the Germans that.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:Why compare an Artillery Piece to an ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUN... these guns are in no way similar and therefore are not comparable...

Why carry an anti-aircraft gun for anti-infantry/anti-armour role in the first place?

Because it can be traversed to 0 degrees to shoot Infantry and Armor infront of it, plus, with an effective range of over 2,000 yards, lightly-armored vehicles and Infantry won't know what hit them.

And Saur is right... the Germans used the Flak 88 as an Anti-Tank gun, and shot the hell out of enemy Tanks at massive distances.

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:17 pm

On the note of the notre glorieaux Soixante-Quinze, I'm also wondering if it's worth giving my mountaineers some sort of small mountain gun?
Last edited by Wolohanistan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deviant Art

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:On the note of the notre glorieaux Soixante-Quinze, I'm also wondering if it's worth giving my mountaineers some sort of small mountain gun?

Oto Melara 105/14 pack howitzer

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Fashiontopia wrote:
Wolohanistan wrote:On the note of the notre glorieaux Soixante-Quinze, I'm also wondering if it's worth giving my mountaineers some sort of small mountain gun?

Oto Melara 105/14 pack howitzer

I'm not asking for a RL design, I prefer to design my own things. I'm wondering if it's worth it.
Wolohanistan's very mountainous, there's quite a few mountain regiments.
Deviant Art

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:What would you lot suggest for support on a company level?
Stuff like mortars etc.

At company level probably just some light to medium ATGMs, maybe some GPMGs with sustained fire kits.

Anythign heavier i.e. 81mm class mortars, HMGs, AGLs or light cannon would generally come either as a platoon attached at battalion level or as part of a battalion's support company. You could even get away with keeping the ATGMs and the sustained fire kits for a support company or including them in both the main comapnys and the support elements.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:Oto Melara 105/14 pack howitzer

I'm not asking for a RL design, I prefer to design my own things. I'm wondering if it's worth it.
Wolohanistan's very mountainous, there's quite a few mountain regiments.

A light 105mm is a very handy and useful weapon to have. I was at one point looking at a super light version of my G120 for mountain/airborne use but never went anywhere with it. Although saying that you could substitute a 120mm mortar system for similar roles.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Freisharf
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Freisharf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Wolo: I've done lineart for a towed 125mm gun that is ATGM capable. I just need to stat it up and it will be good to go.
I'm on my LAST warning before becoming DOS. So if you see me put a toe out of line, please ensure that you report it to the moderation team with all possible haste! :)

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Freisharf wrote:Wolo: I've done lineart for a towed 125mm gun that is ATGM capable. I just need to stat it up and it will be good to go.

Nice, mind if I use it?
If I can, it will be the first non-wolo equipment used in the WUTA.
Deviant Art

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:

Always, the jap 75mm is a particularly good one, although short ranged to keep the shell weight down

Why not go with the Recoilless Rifle... cheap, packs a punch, and can be transported by as few as 1 or 2 men. Larger versions can be carried by a few more men for farther reach and harder punches...
Last edited by Fashiontopia on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freisharf
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Freisharf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:
Freisharf wrote:Wolo: I've done lineart for a towed 125mm gun that is ATGM capable. I just need to stat it up and it will be good to go.

Nice, mind if I use it?
If I can, it will be the first non-wolo equipment used in the WUTA.

Well here's the LINC thread (turns out it was 130, not 125). Sure you can use it, anyone's welcome to use my stuff.
I'm on my LAST warning before becoming DOS. So if you see me put a toe out of line, please ensure that you report it to the moderation team with all possible haste! :)

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:06 pm

A 51mm mortar in every fireteam

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information