NATION

PASSWORD

Creating You (Make Your Own Everything)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fashiontopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 am

Lemonius wrote:
Niur wrote:
Niur wrote:Image
My effort. I'll try increasing the quality of my gun later.

Any comments on mine?

Personally, I think you should stay zoomed out/don't enlarge the pictures.

i.e.

Personally, I think you should tone down the criticism, when I first started making these things (4 years ago) my work was worse then his, now I'm a beast. Practice makes perfect ;D... especially 4 years worth.
Song Release Journey: Dakar - "Dancin' Like Nobody"

Pre-Save Link for Apple Music or Spotify
Instagram | Tik Tok | Facebook | VK.com
President: Dakar
Capital: Anakin
Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:54 am

Niur wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:You said that you where going to be updating it later so I figured I would wait until after you updated it but sense you just have to know; you did awesome work the gun you made is really nice, also good job on the coats the matching coat and helmet is pretty cool. ;D

I don't have access to the computer I used to make it, so I'm kind of stuck until I do.

Ahhh okay... well don't sweat it, your work is fine... I've seen 30 year olds who don't draw as good as you. ;D

Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

Lannsdowne
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lannsdowne » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:59 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Lannsdowne wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:Hey man I didn't think it was gonna work at first lol... that first 30 minutes after I posted it I didn't see anybody posting in it I said, ohhh boy, they didn't like it... but now I realize that I was trippin' ;D (I'm Black IRL btw) ;)

I am very interested in seeing what your men will look like if everyone is interested in doing some WWII Infantry I can throw together some WWII stuff... I just myself have made American, German, Japanese, and Polish stuff... I don't see where anymore would hurt. ;D

Oh great. By the way, since you're cool like this do you mind making a Barret? (Or however you spell it) If not, I'll make my own, but it'll look crappy.

I can do that... but the Barrett is really to heavy to be carried by an Infantrymen...

I Must've misspelled it... I meant the thing someone wears on top of their head. :lol:
But yeah, if youve already started the sniper, I'll keep it to that.
and completely forget about this.

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Niur wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:You said that you where going to be updating it later so I figured I would wait until after you updated it but sense you just have to know; you did awesome work the gun you made is really nice, also good job on the coats the matching coat and helmet is pretty cool. ;D

I don't have access to the computer I used to make it, so I'm kind of stuck until I do.

Ahhh okay... well don't sweat it, your work is fine... I've seen 30 year olds who don't draw as good as you. ;D

If I get acces back I'll probably make the jacket into a cloak.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Joyous Zeltros
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Joyous Zeltros » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:01 am

Lannsdowne wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:
Lannsdowne wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:Hey man I didn't think it was gonna work at first lol... that first 30 minutes after I posted it I didn't see anybody posting in it I said, ohhh boy, they didn't like it... but now I realize that I was trippin' ;D (I'm Black IRL btw) ;)

I am very interested in seeing what your men will look like if everyone is interested in doing some WWII Infantry I can throw together some WWII stuff... I just myself have made American, German, Japanese, and Polish stuff... I don't see where anymore would hurt. ;D

Oh great. By the way, since you're cool like this do you mind making a Barret? (Or however you spell it) If not, I'll make my own, but it'll look crappy.

I can do that... but the Barrett is really to heavy to be carried by an Infantrymen...

I Must've misspelled it... I meant the thing someone wears on top of their head. :lol:

That would be a beret. ;)
"One Zeltron is the life of the party; on Zeltros, life is the party!"
"A lot of people don't seem to understand us. There is no devious ulterior motive. We want you to be happy, because we're happier if you are."
Factbook, Embassy Thread & Your Citizen... on Zeltros
"All Zeltrons are obsessed with romance. When they cannot love, they fight. Both are sports to them. Coupled with their love of gambling, it makes one Zeltron in the grip of enthusiasm a formidable enemy. A pack of adolescents is virtually a force of nature." ―Lumiya
Joyous Zeltros: We Love Everybody. Passionately and in multiple positions.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:01 am

Lannsdowne wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:
Lannsdowne wrote:

OHHHH a Beret... one of those caps like the French wore in Vietnam. Okay I get it now...

Joyous Zeltros
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Joyous Zeltros » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 am

Fashiontopia wrote:OHHHH a Beret... one of those caps like the French wore in Vietnam. Okay I get it now...

It does have its coolness factor, since the SAS wear them...
"One Zeltron is the life of the party; on Zeltros, life is the party!"
"A lot of people don't seem to understand us. There is no devious ulterior motive. We want you to be happy, because we're happier if you are."
Factbook, Embassy Thread & Your Citizen... on Zeltros
"All Zeltrons are obsessed with romance. When they cannot love, they fight. Both are sports to them. Coupled with their love of gambling, it makes one Zeltron in the grip of enthusiasm a formidable enemy. A pack of adolescents is virtually a force of nature." ―Lumiya
Joyous Zeltros: We Love Everybody. Passionately and in multiple positions.

Lemonius
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemonius » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Niur wrote:

Any comments on mine?

You said that you where going to be updating it later so I figured I would wait until after you updated it but sense you just have to know; you did awesome work the gun you made is really nice, also good job on the coats the matching coat and helmet is pretty cool. ;D

Lemonius wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:That Weapon is actually Israeli Galil ARM (Assault Rifle and Machine gun) it's really not intended to be used as a Sniper Rifle but I suppose you could use it for Long Distance firing if you put on a Picatinny Rail and mounted a Scope, however being Automatic means it wont be very accurate.

But surely, the ARM would have been designed after the AK-47, and using the same principles. Basically making an Israeli AK-47 (Or 74) so wouldn't that be classed as a "Variant"?

btw, I've downloaded GIMP. Now what?

Paste the item that you want to be rotated in to GIMP then click a button that has to arrows going in a circular pattern thats the rotation. Under the buttons in the box you will see a drop down menu that says "Cubic" click that drop down menu and click None so that your rotation won't turn out ugly. Then click the item to rotate it to desired degrees.

I see... Thank you! :hug:
Joyous Zeltros wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:OHHHH a Beret... one of those caps like the French wore in Vietnam. Okay I get it now...

It does have its coolness factor, since the SAS wear them...

And we designed them (Britain)

EDIT: That's a point - Are there berets on JG?
Last edited by Lemonius on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My factbook has been in disarray since Imageshack was subject to new management
Formerly Venezue, founded in June '09 now Lemonius, regularly 'inactive' since 2014
Many thanks to many friends who made this my home for a time

Mikedor
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 am

Left to right:
Soldier and officer of the 5th Jorvik Regiment.
Trooper of the 11th Hussars.
Soldier and Officer in Warm Climate Uniform
Colour Sergeants of 5th Jorvik, with Regimental and Kings Colour.
Soldier and officer of the Highland Guard
Horse Artillery Gun crew.
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 am

Here's your Berets right here man:
I suggest the one on the Right.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 am

I've changed the Israeli ARM to the Iraqi Tabuk Sniper rifle
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:33 am

I figured I'd show you guys some my WWII Make Your Own Sheet
And my Vietnam MYO
And some of the art that I made for Fashiontopia... this is one of the many Training Zones.

Lannsdowne
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lannsdowne » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:40 am

0.o whats with the Monkey like creature in the back of the Half-Track? :lol:
Sorry for the lack of Updates, Ive been getting really busy. I'm gonna get a LOT of flak for this though... :oops:

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:45 am

Lannsdowne wrote:0.o whats with the Monkey like creature in the back of the Half-Track? :lol:
Sorry for the lack of Updates, Ive been getting really busy. I'm gonna get a LOT of flak for this though... :oops:

Is that a half-track? I had no idea, I thought half-tracks had tracks to drive and wheels to steer?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-track
anyways... he's the gun layer, he's holding a shell that you can't see.

Lannsdowne
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lannsdowne » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Lannsdowne wrote:0.o whats with the Monkey like creature in the back of the Half-Track? :lol:

Is that a half-track? I had no idea, I thought half-tracks had tracks to drive and wheels to steer?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-track
anyways... he's the gun layer, he's holding a shell that you can't see.

Sorry I had a brain fade and managed to lose the back wheels in the process. Yep, thats a truck. :blush:
Last edited by Lannsdowne on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:59 am

So how are you dude? How many girls are you talking to now?

Lannsdowne
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lannsdowne » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:07 am

You automatically assume I'm a boy just because I'm not in the kitchen? :p No, I'm a guy. And actually quite a few, suprisingly. You?

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:13 am

Lannsdowne wrote:You automatically assume I'm a boy just because I'm not in the kitchen? :p No, I'm a guy. And actually quite a few, suprisingly. You?

And really suprisingly I'm only talking to one main one, name's Michaela (mik - ay - laa) she's too cool for school lol... I'll tell you how I found her at a later point in time...

Lannsdowne
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lannsdowne » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Lannsdowne wrote:You automatically assume I'm a boy just because I'm not in the kitchen? :p No, I'm a guy. And actually quite a few, suprisingly. You?

And really suprisingly I'm only talking to one main one, name's Michaela (mik - ay - laa) she's too cool for school lol... I'll tell you how I found her at a later point in time...

Haha oh you, the Ladies man. Anyways, Basically finished up my WWII army, Take a look:

Man, I'm Gonna get soo Much Flak for this... If you couldn't tell by the Weapons, the Vehicles give it all away. We were the baddies during WWII. I dunno why I really made us bad... I thought it would be a nice change from all the Goodie Two Shoes Nations around here :p Joking.

But yeah. Infantry from left to right is: Storm Trooper, Heavy Gunner, Recruit, Flag Bearer, Heavy Gunner #2, Sniper, Medic, Then last, and definitely least, the Anti-Tank Rifle Guy.

Lemonius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemonius » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:31 am

Here's another lot I made:

Formerly Venezue, founded in June '09 now Lemonius, regularly 'inactive' since 2014

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Lemonius wrote:
Niur wrote:

Any comments on mine?

Personally, I think you should stay zoomed out/don't enlarge the pictures.

i.e.

Why give them trench coats for night ops? Seems like they would just get in the way.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:47 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Why give them trench coats for night ops? Seems like they would just get in the way.

It looks cool?
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Lemonius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemonius » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Niur wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Why give them trench coats for night ops? Seems like they would just get in the way.

It looks cool?

Wouldn't it have been better to use the shorter coat?
It's more practical and relatively "Cool"
A Compromise on both sides.

Iander
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Iander » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Lannsdowne wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:

Haha oh you, the Ladies man. Anyways, Basically finished up my WWII army, Take a look:

Man, I'm Gonna get soo Much Flak for this... If you couldn't tell by the Weapons, the Vehicles give it all away. We were the baddies during WWII. I dunno why I really made us bad... I thought it would be a nice change from all the Goodie Two Shoes Nations around here :p Joking.

But yeah. Infantry from left to right is: Storm Trooper, Heavy Gunner, Recruit, Flag Bearer, Heavy Gunner #2, Sniper, Medic, Then last, and definitely least, the Anti-Tank Rifle Guy.

That's a very nice Elefant/Ferdinand you got there.. What sheet did I not see?
The army is red, your finger turns blue, in Soviet Russia, poem writes you!
Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.
Goram wrote:
Iander wrote:So, zombies once again. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like just shooting everybody..

Iander, when do you not feel like shooting everybody?
Ifreann wrote:
Phenyzia wrote:Rename it to Königsberg and return it to Germany.

How would you return it to Germany? Attach it to helicopters and drop it onto the Rhine?

Actually, yeah, do that.
Pragia wrote:You and your tank porn...

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Lemonius wrote:Here's another lot I made:

I'm about to start a Grading Sheet... I will be grading your sheets on how well you followed directions, how smooth your soldiers look, how many you made, and creative they are. This here gets an A.

All work submitted after this post will be subject to grading by myself. If you have 5 men your grade will be according to a 20 percent average, if you only have 4/5 20 points will be deducted. 3/5 40 points will be deducted, and so on. If you submit a 10 man sheet it's intervals of 10 points so you loose 10 points each man that you do not do unless you state that it was a 5 man sheet but you wanted to include extra credit. A 20 man sheet is in intervals of 5 points which means you loose one and it's not that big of a deal.

Grading will go according to detail level:
-Did you color the skin?
-Did you make sure the equipment lines up right?
-Did you put the rifle's handle in the hand rather than outside of it?
-Did you save your work as a PNG?
-Did you make the figure make sense? (i.e. a Machine Gunner with a Rifle)
-Did you add a caption telling which of your figures is which?

Extra Credit:
-Did you add equipment? (Pouches, Backpacks, Knifes, Sidearms, etc.)
-Did you add something designed exclusively by you?
-Did you recolor something?
-Have you made more then one type of Infantry (Light, Medium, Heavy, Storm, Paratrooper, etc.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information