NATION

PASSWORD

Creating You (Make Your Own Everything)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Fashiontopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 am

After discovering that I had already evolved this thread from creating your own Armed Forces as far as Men are concerned to adding Female soldiers, and now to Men and Woman of the civilian population I have decided to change the name of the thread to something more formal and I think it looks better and cleaner. Also, in the future more developments will be made such as Housing development where you'll be able to color the walls of a room made by you, and fill it with furniture made by yours truly.

When I made this thread I originally only had the intent of helping other nations better express themselves in the form of their military whether just for fun, for use in fact-books, and for use in RPs. However, at this time I see that I really want to expand into helping you all get a strong rooting in the many uses of paint and get you interested in using Pixel Art as a mode of self expression as I do. From the beginning I had no idea this thread would last that long or if anyone would ever be interested but now that this thread has blossomed into what it has become - nearing a community of it's own - I am proud of what I - and in fact we - have accomplished together.

Let's continue using Paint as a means of bringing identity to our nations of NationStates and allowing this thing to help us in our lives as we move forward. Again I would like to stress how much I thank all of you for making my dream for this thread come true.

Thank you,
The United States of Fashiontopia (David Willis)

Immediately following the above prepare to save these documents and begin your journey into the very fibers of what your nation is made of in the form of Pixel Art. Please note that certain parts were created by JG designers, just to get that off of everyone's chest.

Also, to those interested in speaking my more detail about you works, please join the chatline at http://tinychat.com/noders and you will most likely find other designers to share ideas with. Note however: we do discuss other matters not related to Creating You respectively.

Here's the reformed MASSIVELY added upon Male Sheet the Female Sheet will be directly after it:

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS A .PNG (Portable Network Graphics) FILE... if you save it as a JPEG it will be ugly.

Here's the female Sheet (INCOMPLETE... use if you wish, but I'll be updating it later ;D)

Newly created ish right here, the Female Sheet that's NOT military related.

Oh yeah I forgot I had this
Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Future Development: Make Your Own Space (Rooms, Landscape, Etc.)
To suggest another type of sheet, request that we add something that you don't currently see, or just enjoy leisurely conversation; please contact: Fashiontopia, Graditora, or Moriskov

Mild Argument Is Allowed If It Pertains To ART In The Thread
Disclaimer: Please show chivalry and gentlemanly decorum when speaking with a female, also do not go to personal attacks to win an argument, keep it strictly art related.
Last edited by Fashiontopia on Thu May 24, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Song Release Journey: Dakar - "Dancin' Like Nobody"

Pre-Save Link for Apple Music or Spotify
Instagram | Tik Tok | Facebook | VK.com
President: Dakar
Capital: Anakin
Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 am

Here's one of our army, then.

SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

New La Habana
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New La Habana » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:07 am

Swilatia wrote:Here's one of our army, then.

OOC: Your army is a pitch black square?
Original NationStates Player Since 2002

Division 5 Alert Level:54321
Division 10 Alert Level:54321
Division 11 Alert Level:54321

Jalanat
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jalanat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:12 am

New La Habana wrote:
Swilatia wrote:Here's one of our army, then.

OOC: Your army is a pitch black square?

OOC: He doesn't have an army.
My nation is not like my nation page at all, it contradicts itself, we don't EVER eat kangaroos, that's just very sad. Also vegetarianism is compulsory yet it still says it's the nation's favourite main course and all and stuff.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 am

Needs more Ursines...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:17 am

Bears Armed wrote:Needs more Ursines...

I was just thinking about including some animal heads to allow people who have Anthro Armies to have the choice of changing out the heads.

Flag Meaning: a rising sun was crafted to represent freedom from the darkness of tyranny of previous forms of government. The bottom blue representing land and the wealth of beauty that is human life and integrity of duty and service. The top red showing the will and strength that comes from unity and courage. Lastly, the middle grey represents the meeting point between ideologies and setting arguments to the side for the good of others.

King Maxwell
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby King Maxwell » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:22 am

Fashiontopia wrote:Here's the reformed MASSIVELY added upon Male Sheet the Female Sheet will be directly after it:
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS A .PNG (Portable Network Graphics) FILE... if you save it as a JPEG it will be ugly.

Here's the female Sheet (INCOMPLETE... use if you wish, but I'll be updating it later ;D)
I also put together some stuff for Fashiontopia... I'll be making Fashiontopia's own thread immediately following this post.

wait, how do I do this? (like I said before great idea :bow: )

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:29 am

tag.

Excellent tool, btw!
:bow:
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

New La Habana
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New La Habana » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 am

King Maxwell wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:Here's the reformed MASSIVELY added upon Male Sheet the Female Sheet will be directly after it:

I also put together some stuff for Fashiontopia... I'll be making Fashiontopia's own thread immediately following this post.

wait, how do I do this? (like I said before great idea :bow: )

I think you have to copy and paste the elements together to create a soldier, and then upload it to your factbook or whatever.
Original NationStates Player Since 2002

Division 5 Alert Level:54321
Division 10 Alert Level:54321
Division 11 Alert Level:54321

Thulcan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thulcan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:44 am

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 am

My weapons aren't on there. I guess I must put my own on.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Instructions

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 am

1. Right-Click select "Save Picture As"
2. Select the folder you want to put it in and rename it if you so choose.
3. Go to the Folder that you saved it in.
4. Right-Click and select "Edit" which will open Paint.
5. In Paint click the button that looks like a magnifying glass and click the area that you want to zoom in on.
6. Click the button that looks like a box that is dotted like so: ------ use that to hover Image
7. Right-Click the selected Area and select "Copy"
8. Scroll down and find an open area then right-click and select paste.
9. Before clicking away from the selected area find this: Image MAKE SURE THAT IS PRESSED NOT THE ONE ABOVE IT!!!
10. Now click outside the selected box and scroll around to find more pieces and complete steps 6-8 until you complete your figure.

To make a new picture to put your soldiers in
1. Go to the start menu
2. Go to All Programs
3. Go to Accessories
4. Click Paint
5. Go back to the Make Your Own sheet and copy your soldiers using step 6
6. Go back to the New Picture and use step 8 to drop them in.
7. Put them in whatever order you want and then go to File in the top Left Corner and click "Save As..."
8. Go to the folder in which you would like to save it and write a creative name.

To Upload them to the Forum
1. Go to http://www.TinyPic.com or an Image Uploading site of your choice.
2. Click browse to select the file's name
3. Click upload.
4. Once the next page you want to find the code that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and copy that code.
5. Go back to the Forum and in your Reply paste the code and type your wording then post it!

If you need more help contact me personally in a PM or in a Telegram.
Last edited by Fashiontopia on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:01 am

Superb tool, thank you!
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:03 am

After making your Soldiers PLEASE post the results of what they look like... please don't keep my hard work all to yourselves! I wanna see :( :unsure:

Vecherd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 am

Fashiontopia wrote:After making your Soldiers PLEASE post the results of what they look like... please don't keep my hard work all to yourselves! I wanna see :( :unsure:

Here is mine creations so far.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:26 am

Vecherd wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:After making your Soldiers PLEASE post the results of what they look like... please don't keep my hard work all to yourselves! I wanna see :( :unsure:

Tip: When making your soldiers save them as a .PNG (Portable Network Graphics) file, when you save as JPEG it pixelates your work.

Great job there... about the guy with no shirt... if I had've known people would want no shirts I would have made a bare chest! :palm: But it's okay I see you made due! ;D

Mikedor
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 am

And just where are the pith helmets? :p
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 am

Mikedor wrote:And just where are the pith helmets? :p

I would say Pith Helmets are obsolete but I added the M1 Helmet so I have no excuse... when I make Make Your Own Army 1.1 I'll add the Pith Helmet and some Andro Heads.

Vecherd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Vecherd wrote:

Tip: When making your soldiers save them as a .PNG (Portable Network Graphics) file, when you save as JPEG it pixelates your work.

Great job there... about the guy with no shirt... if I had've known people would want no shirts I would have made a bare chest! :palm: But it's okay I see you made due! ;D

Why make a bare chest when he is already nude from before!, But I dont understand why the picture is so blurry, because the pixels was okay before I downloaded it to the internet.

Mikedor
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:32 am

Fashiontopia wrote:
Mikedor wrote:And just where are the pith helmets? :p

I would say Pith Helmets are obsolete but I added the M1 Helmet so I have no excuse... when I make Make Your Own Army 1.1 I'll add the Pith Helmet and some Andro Heads.

I was just teasing, I can make my own :p

But good work :clap:
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:35 am

Vecherd wrote:
Fashiontopia wrote:
Vecherd wrote:

Why make a bare chest when he is already nude from before!, But I dont understand why the picture is so blurry, because the pixels was okay before I downloaded it to the internet.

That's why I said save it as a PNG because JPEG makes it ugly

When you're on the box where you select where you want to save the file, on the drop down menu below where you type the Filename, make sure you click PNG (*PNG)

Fashiontopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fashiontopia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 am

Alright... you guys keep this Thread Alive until I get back, after tonight I'm going back in to the Design Underground where more stuff will be developed rapidly.

Stay tuned!

Cazelia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cazelia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:20 am

A number of us were doing this with a different sheet for a while before this.
The Freeborn Union of Aermannia

(Formerly the Democratic Republic of Cazelia)

Factbook (In Progress)

Security Forces (In Progress)

Ramsetia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 am

I think I can manage without using it myself...Still, it's a nice little stencil, should be useful for those who can't draw. I have a suggestion, Maybe you could add more colonial-era and/or fantasy uniforms. And more non-realistic accessory pieces, knowing some of the armies around here and their 'pip pip' manner.
Last edited by Ramsetia on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our national Embassy Programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30197
Our Standard Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30375&start=0
Our FT-specific Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47987&start=0
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Lemonius
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemonius » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:41 am

Jolly good show!

Here's a few random ideas I had:

My factbook has been in disarray since Imageshack was subject to new management
Formerly Venezue, founded in June '09 now Lemonius, regularly 'inactive' since 2014
Many thanks to many friends who made this my home for a time

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information