NATION

PASSWORD

Most lopsided battle in your history

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 am

1st Battle of MacKenzie's Pass

Commanders:

Soviet - Corporal Allan MacKenzie, DSO

Sino - Shao Jiang Xiaoping Wei

Belligerents:

Soviet 1039th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Battalion, Alpha Battery, 3rd Section

1 Truck
2 250mm M395 recoilless rifles
6 men
--
Anglo 32nd Infantry Regiment "Royal Fusiliers", 2nd Battalion, 4th Company, 2nd Platoon, 2nd Section

8 men

Sino 290th Mechanised Infantry Division

255 Main Battle Tanks
295 Mechanised Infantry Combat Vehicles
198 Self-Propelled Howitzers/Guns
92 Multiple Launch Rocket Systems
195 Self-Propelled Divisional Air Defence Vehicles
8 Anti-Ballistic Missile Defence Systems
+20,000 Men

Casualties:

Soviet -
None

Sino -
255 Tanks
295 IFVs
198 SPHs
92 MLRS's
195 DIVADs
8 ABMS's
20,000 Men

<Will finish later>
Last edited by Techno-Soviet on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Novograd IV
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Novograd IV » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 am

godmod
Novan Wiki (under [re]construction)

Economic Left/Right: -9.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.24

http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/196124/

Seperate Vermont
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperate Vermont » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:22 am

First Raid on Marlboro,Vermont.

Around 20 Militia members raid a well-armed captured Vermont town in an attempt to set fire to an enemy camp and damage the ammunition.

All 20 die,but the word spreads back to the 2nd Regiment in Springfield,VT, who make their move on the Marlboro Regiment.
No, we are not obsessed with Maple Syrup. Speaking of that, Would you like some 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup? We have a surplus this year.
http://www.mechiwiki.com/nationstates/index.php?nation=Seperate_Vermont
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:43 am

Seperate Vermont wrote:First Raid on Marlboro,Vermont.

Around 20 Militia members raid a well-armed captured Vermont town in an attempt to set fire to an enemy camp and damage the ammunition.

All 20 die,but the word spreads back to the 2nd Regiment in Springfield,VT, who make their move on the Marlboro Regiment.

Unless the enemy garrison numbered one guy, I do not see how that was a lopsided battle, or unexpected outcome.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:44 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:

Unless the enemy garrison numbered one guy, I do not see how that was a lopsided battle, or unexpected outcome.

i like my battle better

Mikedor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:48 am

Techno-Soviet wrote:

i like my battle better

The only way your battle makes sense is if you managed to engineer a landslide onto the entire enemy force. Otherwise it's an incredible godmod.
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:50 am

Mikedor wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:

i like my battle better

The only way your battle makes sense is if you managed to engineer a landslide onto the entire enemy force. Otherwise it's an incredible godmod.

Tactical nuke FTW.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 am

Mikedor wrote:The only way your battle makes sense is if you managed to engineer a landslide onto the entire enemy force. Otherwise it's an incredible godmod.

Narrow, 30x2x0.25 mile pass + 2 150 KT nuclear warheads fired from 250mm recoilless rifles = Godmod.

Yep.
Last edited by Techno-Soviet on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:57 am

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Mikedor wrote:The only way your battle makes sense is if you managed to engineer a landslide onto the entire enemy force. Otherwise it's an incredible godmod.

Narrow, 30x2x0.25 mile pass + 2 150 KT nuclear warheads fired from 250mm recoilless rifles = Godmod.

Yep.

My question is how stupid are they to send an entire army into a 30x2x.25 mile pass without making sure there were no threats in front of, or behind the army.

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:59 am

I love all the godmod-calling when it isn't an actual RP or will ever be used in one besides a passing mention.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 am

Techno-Soviet wrote:

Yep.

My question is how stupid are they to send an entire army into a 30x2x.25 mile pass without making sure there were no threats in front of, or behind the army.

Communist mindworms.

*nods*
Last edited by Techno-Soviet on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brauzillia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Brauzillia » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:18 am

Russo-Brauzillian War (1971-1978)

Total in count:

Allied: 572,000
Brauzillian Soldiers = 485,700
Andorrian Soldiers = 87,000

Central: 1,900,000
Russo-Dellian Soldiers = 1,900,000

Casualties:

Allied: 342,360
Brauzillian: 257,811 Dead, 43,765 Wounded, and 7,933 Captured
Andorrian: 14,877 Dead, 6,880 Wounded, and 11,094 Captured

Central: 267,661
Russo-Dellian: 57,623 Dead, 78,437 Wounded, and 131,601 Captured

Tactical Victory: Allied
Strategic Victory: Central
Surrendered: Central

WTF, Allies lost almost all of it's soldiers, and Central gets hit leastwise and surrenders?

OOC: I really did this months ago on forum 7

Seperate Vermont
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperate Vermont » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:20 am

The surrounding of the enemy in retreat that turned into a complete obliteration of our lines was.
No, we are not obsessed with Maple Syrup. Speaking of that, Would you like some 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup? We have a surplus this year.
http://www.mechiwiki.com/nationstates/index.php?nation=Seperate_Vermont
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 am

The Last Stand of Arpentrau

In 873 AD, Arpentrau, a warrior-culture in northern Augarundus, found itself standing against the might of the whole Empire of Augaria, the ancient Augarian city-state that dominated the nation. Aprentrau, unable to muster the full might of its armies to defend its city, sent forth all that remained:

Eight men, armed to-the-teeth with chain mail and greatswords. These eight Knights of Iron, the guardians of Arpentrau, stood in defiance of over seven-hundred thousand Augarian infantrymen, mostly pikemen. For a single day, these men managed to hold their ground, surrounded by the entire army of Augarians; hundreds died, the most powerful weapon of that time, the Ivarog, capable of hacking limbs from body with a single blow. The Augarian pike, the Ivaroggan, stood little chance.

When the fighting died down, and the Augarians fell back, the exhausted Knights rested for some time, heaving themselves to their small camp not far away. The next morning, mounting their steeds, the eight-man force charged forth into the Augarian army of 700 thousand... they died, but killed hundreds of Augarians during that time.

---

In the modern era, the Augarian invasion of Escafin. Most of the 8,100 Augarian troops at that time were not actually designated for combat and, instead, remained on the Augarian fleet while only four-hundred actually fought the entire 78,000-man Escafini military. Strangely enough, the superior Augarian technology resulted in 52,109 dead Escafinis, while only 63 Augarians died (40 of which were lost to friendly fire, caused by the fleet's bombardment of Hajalikun, the capitol of Escafin). This was a decisive Augarian victory.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:43 am

The battle for KaMaRi might be the best example. Sen-La-Sa~o Relekhati (SLS R) was trailing 0:4 against Hades in the 89th minute... and won. How it was won? Lots of additional time and Jenji Y. ;)
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Novograd IV
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Novograd IV » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:45 am

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:

Yep.

Communist mindworms.
*nods*

LOLOLOL Davy crocket rifles :p (wikipedia it fools)
Novan Wiki (under [re]construction)

Economic Left/Right: -9.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.24

http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/196124/

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:46 am

Novograd IV wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:

Yep.

Communist mindworms.
*nods*

LOLOLOL Davy crocket rifles :p (wikipedia it fools)

Davy Crockett is a firecracker compared to my recoilless rifles.

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:50 am

Victorious Decepticons wrote:The Battle for New York City - Invasion of Earth.

We expected the US City of New York to be well-defended, considering that it had already been the target of one major attack on US shores.

It turned out that the humans arrogantly thought we wouldn't dare to attack their big city, despite the fact that some other enemy had already done so! So, when we showed up, it was originally lopsided in our favor, with only police and a few National Guard troops present to face our attack force.

This soon changed. When the Americans realized we not only had attacked the city but outright seized it, they sent over 100,000 serious troops to meet us. Our invasionary force at the location consisted of 100 troops. Mind you, these are 100 massive Decepticon robot troops - quite powerful enough to cause a city of civilians to cow under, at least for the time being.

Still, when the big army came, we had some momentary doubts. Sure, humans were ants, but that's a lot of ants.

Then they started to fire at us with puny machine guns. APCs the size of our toys were amongst them and fired larger-caliber ammo, but it was still like being hit with BBs. We outright laughed at them. Finally, some of the enemy foot soldiers started to fire rockets at us. Like many others, they forgot one important thing: We CAN move. Not only that, the kind of rockets that come from this type of shoulder-mounted launchers aren't powerful enough to get through our undershielding anyway.

Finally, they brought up some vehicles that could fire bigger rockets. They thought they had us for sure, when we all laid down on the ground. They were so arrogant that they actually thought we were surrendering!

We had actually decided that it would be best to get on the ground so we could sweep the entire enemy position (across the ground) with our blasters, instead of firing at the tiny individual troops from full height.

Since they mistook our move for a surrender, they were easily wiped out within minutes. Their tanks and rocket-firing vehicles didn't even have a chance to readjust their aim before it was all over.

We took no casualties in this battle, while the defenders lost all 100,000 of their troops.

GODMOD much?
Right behind you...: UDL

Neo Prutenia
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Prutenia » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:51 am

Rejistania wrote:The battle for KaMaRi might be the best example. Sen-La-Sa~o Relekhati (SLS R) was trailing 0:4 against Hades in the 89th minute... and won. How it was won? Lots of additional time and Jenji Y. ;)

We officially acknowledge this to be the most impressive victory in a lopsided battle we have seen so far. On further notice, how did it end?
Factbook: The Prut Meritocracy | Prutopaedia (TG feedback appreciated) | National Policies | φ(._.) - Shoot me a TG if you want to RP with me

Always assume I'm the exact same tech level/reality as you are, with access to the exact same technology/abilities; I just happen to prefer very strict MT. IC name: Prut Meritocracy

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 am

Bajireyn wrote:
Victorious Decepticons wrote:The Battle for New York City - Invasion of Earth.

We expected the US City of New York to be well-defended, considering that it had already been the target of one major attack on US shores.

It turned out that the humans arrogantly thought we wouldn't dare to attack their big city, despite the fact that some other enemy had already done so! So, when we showed up, it was originally lopsided in our favor, with only police and a few National Guard troops present to face our attack force.

This soon changed. When the Americans realized we not only had attacked the city but outright seized it, they sent over 100,000 serious troops to meet us. Our invasionary force at the location consisted of 100 troops. Mind you, these are 100 massive Decepticon robot troops - quite powerful enough to cause a city of civilians to cow under, at least for the time being.

Still, when the big army came, we had some momentary doubts. Sure, humans were ants, but that's a lot of ants.

Then they started to fire at us with puny machine guns. APCs the size of our toys were amongst them and fired larger-caliber ammo, but it was still like being hit with BBs. We outright laughed at them. Finally, some of the enemy foot soldiers started to fire rockets at us. Like many others, they forgot one important thing: We CAN move. Not only that, the kind of rockets that come from this type of shoulder-mounted launchers aren't powerful enough to get through our undershielding anyway.

Finally, they brought up some vehicles that could fire bigger rockets. They thought they had us for sure, when we all laid down on the ground. They were so arrogant that they actually thought we were surrendering!

We had actually decided that it would be best to get on the ground so we could sweep the entire enemy position (across the ground) with our blasters, instead of firing at the tiny individual troops from full height.

Since they mistook our move for a surrender, they were easily wiped out within minutes. Their tanks and rocket-firing vehicles didn't even have a chance to readjust their aim before it was all over.

We took no casualties in this battle, while the defenders lost all 100,000 of their troops.

GODMOD much?

lolno.
4/11/11

Mikedor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:18 am

Techno-Soviet wrote:

Yep.

Well sorry for forgetting the tactical nuke. :roll:
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:16 am

Neo Prutenia wrote:
Rejistania wrote:The battle for KaMaRi might be the best example. Sen-La-Sa~o Relekhati (SLS R) was trailing 0:4 against Hades in the 89th minute... and won. How it was won? Lots of additional time and Jenji Y. ;)

We officially acknowledge this to be the most impressive victory in a lopsided battle we have seen so far. On further notice, how did it end?

5:4 for SLS R
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

NS Limbaugh Island
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Limbaugh Island » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 am

Battle of Shady Dale - The Fascist Uprisings of the Early 20th Century

Date: March 17th, 1914.

Result: Crushing defeat of Fascist Forces.

Consequences: Final victory of the Federalists.

Fascist Troops: 500 soldiers, a combination of ex-Armed Forces soldiers, militia volunteers, and local conscripts.

Federalist Troops: 5,000 soldiers of the 15 Motorized Brigade of the United States Army.

Fascist Commanders: Colonel Huey E. Waldron (KIA).

Federalist Commanders: Major-General Gerald B. Barnes.

Fascist Losses: 493.

Federalist Losses: 50 KIA, 150 WIA.

Notes of Interest: General Barnes would go on to serve as Vice-President during both terms of President Michael Joubert.
Last edited by NS Limbaugh Island on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
You are not entitled to what I have earned. Deal with it. Fairness does not involve giving my money to lazy people.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."

~ Thomas Jefferson

"Before all else, be armed."

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Wanna' make an Embassy?

And that's what you get. You get my Axe of Capitalism...RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!

Natvia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Natvia » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

The patriotic men of the good and glorious 117th Guards Tank Division suppressing the nihilistic revolt of the evil and seditious Benevolent Order of Pacifist Eunuchs.

There was so much blood on the tank treads. We laughed and laughed and laughed.
Last edited by Natvia on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:02 am

3. July, 1897 to 1. November 1899- The siege of Cairlinn

9,000 Vecherdian infantry troops.
Vs
150,000 Valkenburgian infantry troops.

As almost all of Vecherd was under Valkenburgian controll the last remainders of our soldiers went to the capital to protect the king.
With there good knowledge of the streets of Cairlinn and new fancy weapons they held back the attackers in over 2 years before the enemy finally gave up and left.

Vecherdian losses: 6,422 soldiers, 25,532 civillians.
Valkburgian losses: 129,542 soldiers, 0 civillians.
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information