NATION

PASSWORD

Nations you consider the best/worst

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Perspicacious Lawyers
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Perspicacious Lawyers » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:00 pm

BEST:
Conservative/Capitalist nations

WORST:
Liberal/Communist nations
A lawyer without history or literature is a mechanic, a mere working mason; if he possesses some knowledge of these, he may venture to call himself an architect. -Sir Walter Scott

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:08 pm

Perspicacious Lawyers wrote:BEST:

WORST:

What if they are liberal AND capitalistic, does that equal out the scale?
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Mushrenia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mushrenia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:09 pm

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:

WORST:

^This, even though its only through a progressive social policy.

Rainbows make me cry

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:16 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:Fatatatutti-Being Communist, having a leader whos name is a mix of Stalin and Castro, two men greatly hated by the Laosian People.

This is what I meant about petty grudges. It's hard to think of a sillier reason to dislike a nation than the fact that a person in it has a name you don't like.

I'll repeat: The only reason we would dislike a nation, regardless of ideology, is because of what they do.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Krsta wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:Grays Harbor; ya hate him, or ya love him. Huh.

That's why we base our Good/Bad list objectively on behaviour instead of subjectively on like/dislike. Gray's Harbor might very well be on our "Bad" list - we really don't know - but that doesn't mean we dislike the nation. In fact, we have a lot of admiration for the nation and we get along just fine with them.

We also have a certain amount of respect for GWO, New Nicksyllvania, etc. even though they're definitely on our Bad list.

Fatatatutti is on a lot of Good lists because we're a genuinely wonderful nation but we're also on a few bad lists because people hold petty grudges against us.

:P

We dislike Grays Harbor and really can't admire a nation which considers freedom of speech barbaric, an apartheid and discriminatory nation, in which certain political ideologies are banned and which is ruled by an oppressive and authoritarian, imperialist tyrant. Fanatically capitalist nation.

Total of 0,4% of our population admire Grays Harbor.

A famous book "Harberian democracy" is often considered one of the best analyses of the GH's policies - an objective view on such a kind of nation.

We love how you just make shit up to suit yourself. It is amusing.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:34 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:Fatatatutti-Being Communist, having a leader whos name is a mix of Stalin and Castro, two men greatly hated by the Laosian People.

This is what I meant about petty grudges. It's hard to think of a sillier reason to dislike a nation than the fact that a person in it has a name you don't like.

I'll repeat: The only reason we would dislike a nation, regardless of ideology, is because of what they do.

I have more reasons mate, not just my own, personal reasons, but reasons my citizens would dislike your nation, which is where any hate or love for someone in a list comes from. The eating of human flesh, for any reason other then if there is no other food source at the time, is one of the worst "Violence against others" act you could do in Laosia, if you kill a human in a duel, then you do not eat their corpse just because you can't waste the meat, you make sure your fallen enemy has a proper burial, with fulls rights.

The second, is that The Grand Leader Muyang Kai, and the rest of Laosia, view Fatatatutti's 'heroic' General to be quite insane, in a very dangerous way. They fear that any nation that trusts a man that would fly upside down blindfolded for the fun of it to be dangerous.

The third, is that Laosians are disgusted by Bruddah's. Why? I have no idea.

The fourth, Laosians take great pride in their skill to kill, when they kill some of the Laosian animal life, they keep the skull and the meat, and burn the other remains. Laosians are a bit gun happy, and they view anything using less then a Rifle as insane.

The fifth, while Laosians are impressed by the military of Fatatatutti, the fact they would have a regiment named 'The 69th Lesbian Light Infantry', is quite surprising. While Laosians are fine with homosexuality, they don't believe that homosexuality deserves any special treatment, just like they wouldn't name a Battalion 'The 420th Transexual Armored'. It has no honor to its name.

However, Fistful of Dust has a 97% score on Globalmovies.Lao. With a believed view count of 450,000,000.

Voltronica
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltronica » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:44 pm

after searching this thread I would have to say that i am probably the "most mediocre nation" seeing as i am never mention for either of the categories.
I am a bit of a pervert so get over it...or under it whichever you prefer ;)
[unclaimed space]
Serial RPist since Aug 2009!!
| Music Culture of Voltronica | FanT FB (UC)|
Phishing with worms is fun! I caught a catphish.
Quoets

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:The second, is that The Grand Leader Muyang Kai, and the rest of Laosia, view Fatatatutti's 'heroic' General to be quite insane, in a very dangerous way. They fear that any nation that trusts a man that would fly upside down blindfolded for the fun of it to be dangerous.

It's hard to tell what you're talking about but you seem to be confusing General Marie-Louise Castro-Stalina, who is seen as a peacekeeping hero, with her grandfather, General Carlos Maximiliano "Mad Max" Castro-Stalina. He has been retired for more than twenty-five years and most Fatatatutians, including himself, would agree that he is quite insane. We're not sure why one insane citizen makes our nation worthy of hatred. Don't you have any insanity in your nation?

Laosians are a bit gun happy, and they view anything using less then a Rifle as insane.

And we view the use of rifles against animals as cowardly but we don't hate you for your cowardice.

While Laosians are fine with homosexuality, they don't believe that homosexuality deserves any special treatment, just like they wouldn't name a Battalion 'The 420th Transexual Armored'. It has no honor to its name.

And we don't give homosexuality any special treatment. After all, we have about a thousand regiments that are not named after homosexuals and only one that is. We also have a Teamsters Regiment and a Hotdog Vendors Regiment. Does that mean we give special treatment to those segments of society? No. It means that we show respect for any and all segments of society.

So you've made my point. We are sometimes hated for the silliest of silly reasons and we are often misunderstood.

GarriCorp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GarriCorp » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Free market capitalist nations with conservative social policies and strong militaries would be the best and socially liberal, economically communist, totalitarian dictatorships with strong militaries would be the worst.
My stance
Free market capitalist
Limbaugh baby conservative
Pro-immigration enforcement
Anti-environmentalism
America loving Christian

Yay for quotes!
"Communism, like insanity, is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"
"A Communist and Fascist in a debate is like having two people yelling at each other "ya, but your atrocities are worse""
"You can be the greatest mathematician and still not know how to put two and two together"
"The only way for evil to exist is for good men to do nothing"
MTpop=profile
FTpop:=+1 digit

New Huxlian Orwell
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Huxlian Orwell » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:The second, is that The Grand Leader Muyang Kai, and the rest of Laosia, view Fatatatutti's 'heroic' General to be quite insane, in a very dangerous way. They fear that any nation that trusts a man that would fly upside down blindfolded for the fun of it to be dangerous.

It's hard to tell what you're talking about but you seem to be confusing General Marie-Louise Castro-Stalina, who is seen as a peacekeeping hero, with her grandfather, General Carlos Maximiliano "Mad Max" Castro-Stalina. He has been retired for more than twenty-five years and most Fatatatutians, including himself, would agree that he is quite insane. We're not sure why one insane citizen makes our nation worthy of hatred. Don't you have any insanity in your nation?

Laosians are a bit gun happy, and they view anything using less then a Rifle as insane.

And we view the use of rifles against animals as cowardly but we don't hate you for your cowardice.

While Laosians are fine with homosexuality, they don't believe that homosexuality deserves any special treatment, just like they wouldn't name a Battalion 'The 420th Transexual Armored'. It has no honor to its name.

And we don't give homosexuality any special treatment. After all, we have about a thousand regiments that are not named after homosexuals and only one that is. We also have a Teamsters Regiment and a Hotdog Vendors Regiment. Does that mean we give special treatment to those segments of society? No. It means that we show respect for any and all segments of society.

So you've made my point. We are sometimes hated for the silliest of silly reasons and we are often misunderstood.

Your nation sounds quite nice sir. I commend you for your progressive policies.
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. ~Douglas Adams

New Huxlian Orwell
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Huxlian Orwell » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:59 pm

I wonder if NHO is in this thread anywhere...
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. ~Douglas Adams

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:59 pm

GarriCorp wrote:Free market capitalist nations with conservative social policies and strong militaries would be the best and socially liberal, economically communist, totalitarian dictatorships with strong militaries would be the worst.

What about free market capitalist nations with strong militaries, which are also socially liberal and dictatorships (yet not totalitarian dictatorships)?
Last edited by Techno-Soviet on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

The Tavan Race
Minister

Founded: May 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tavan Race » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:01 am

GarriCorp wrote:Free market capitalist nations with conservative social policies and strong militaries would be the best and socially liberal, economically communist, totalitarian dictatorships with strong militaries would be the worst.

Socially liberal and totalitarian? How can these coexist? My mind is blown.
.[]__ta ilokune nunlasi a kiso'hoso'hei kaetin__[]
.[]__voika neinseil tenei luneva daishe__[]
.Our Factbook
Tavan is capitalized when referring to a societal construct, such as the military or language.
It is left lowercase when referring to an individual organism or a biological characteristic.

The Sapian Empire
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapian Empire » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:07 am

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:

WORST:

no...
Political Compass
Economic: 5.25, Social: 2.62
GOVERNMENT
Advisory Council
Royal Family - King Bulata Mytia III
Senate and Provinces - Chancellor Denox Gulisha
State Department - Lady of State Traesei Gordan
National Department - National Secretary Jan Fortel
Treasury Department - Artisan General Jein Stien
Academic Department - Top Dean Ben Felegan
Holy Department - State Cardinal Tron Valdask
Justice Department - Chief Justice Kram Tallak
Intelligence Department - Inquisition Officer Vlad Borgesen
Civil Department - Head Commissioner Bobylo Cipsei
Military Department - Commander Denox Velnae

FACTBOOK

GarriCorp
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby GarriCorp » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 am

Techno-Soviet wrote:

What about free market capitalist nations with strong militaries, which are also socially liberal and dictatorships (yet not totalitarian dictatorships)?

It would more on the bad side. I was just showing two ends of the political spectrum, one that I view most positively and the other being the one I view least positively.
Last edited by GarriCorp on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My stance
Free market capitalist
Anti-environmentalism
America loving Christian

Yay for quotes!
"Communism, like insanity, is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"
"A Communist and Fascist in a debate is like having two people yelling at each other "ya, but your atrocities are worse""
"You can be the greatest mathematician and still not know how to put two and two together"
MTpop=profile

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:36 am

GarriCorp wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:

It would more on the bad side. I was just showing two ends of the political spectrum, one that I view most positively and the other being the one I view least positively.

What about a free market capitalist nation with a strong military, with socially liberal policies but socially conservative values, for example drugs are legal in the Empire, but you probably couldn't find a single actual user of said drugs in a thousand people.
Last edited by The Adrian Empire on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:19 am

Fatatatutti wrote:

Yes, and hopefully the people of Laosia will grow to better understand other cultures, instead of being more focused on their own.

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:30 am

East Fancainia wrote:Good:
Grand Armenica
Hegstoria
Trescott

Bad:
No one right now

How did I miss this? Aww well EF, your alright in my book now.

Ma favs:
EF of course lol
Conoga since he's my F7 daddy lol
Grand Armenica, he be cool
Pickelpoo for making my favorite thread ever
Noders, he be cool to
Oh, and everyone in my family tree unless said otherwise
There's more, but I can't remember

Ma not so favs(AKA people I hate):
Kalasparta, every single post he makes... Just infuriates me more than the last.
there are more... much more, I just can't think of em right now.
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."-Oscar Wilde

Defcon 5: Pax Hegstoriana
Defcon 4: Ehh, things are pretty good, but a bit heated
Defcon 3: War seems near, but not at the moment, and far from the mind
Defcon 2: Get a helmet
Defcon 1: Put on said helmet

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

Map: -currently under a redesign-

Size: 7,825,600 km^2

Life Expectancy: 84.59 years Courtesy of Unibot

Alliances: Skyguard Defense Network

embassy program

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:31 am

The Tavan Race wrote:

Socially liberal and totalitarian? How can these coexist? My mind is blown.

*Waits for someone to mention Obama*
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."-Oscar Wilde

Defcon 5: Pax Hegstoriana
Defcon 4: Ehh, things are pretty good, but a bit heated
Defcon 3: War seems near, but not at the moment, and far from the mind
Defcon 2: Get a helmet
Defcon 1: Put on said helmet

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

Map: -currently under a redesign-

Size: 7,825,600 km^2

Life Expectancy: 84.59 years Courtesy of Unibot

Alliances: Skyguard Defense Network

embassy program

Birnadia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Birnadia » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:33 am

Greater Rhodes wrote:In no particular order:

'Best' Nations
Ostronopolis
Maraque
Zeppy
Birnadia
Charlotte Ryberg
Reijistania

'Worst' Nations
Grand World Order
Kalasparata
Scandinvans
Station 12

Sorry if I left anyone out, I will probably think of more as I go.

*high fives*
[align=center][spoiler=Nation info][url=http://nswiki.net/index.php?ti

Voltronica
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltronica » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:33 am

The Worst nation is the OP's that create a thread asking for us to give our opinions on the best/worst people.
SHAME SHAME ON YOU OPs!!
I am a bit of a pervert so get over it...or under it whichever you prefer ;)
[unclaimed space]
Serial RPist since Aug 2009!!
| Music Culture of Voltronica | FanT FB (UC)|
Phishing with worms is fun! I caught a catphish.
Quoets

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 pm

New Huxlian Orwell wrote:I wonder if NHO is in this thread anywhere...

As you reek of Communism, we hate you.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Mediterreania
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Krsta wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

That's why we base our Good/Bad list objectively on behaviour instead of subjectively on like/dislike. Gray's Harbor might very well be on our "Bad" list - we really don't know - but that doesn't mean we dislike the nation. In fact, we have a lot of admiration for the nation and we get along just fine with them.

We also have a certain amount of respect for GWO, New Nicksyllvania, etc. even though they're definitely on our Bad list.

Fatatatutti is on a lot of Good lists because we're a genuinely wonderful nation but we're also on a few bad lists because people hold petty grudges against us.

We dislike Grays Harbor and really can't admire a nation which considers freedom of speech barbaric, an apartheid and discriminatory nation, in which certain political ideologies are banned and which is ruled by an oppressive and authoritarian, imperialist tyrant. Fanatically capitalist nation.

A famous book "Harberian democracy" is often considered one of the best analyses of the GH's policies - an objective view on such a kind of nation.

Our World Assembly ambassador has had some...disputes with Grays Harbor, but nothing to warrant those accusations.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

GarriCorp
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby GarriCorp » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Mediterreania wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:
Krsta wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

Our World Assembly ambassador has had some...disputes with Grays Harbor, but nothing to warrant those accusations.

My country may not always see eye to eye with Grays Harbor, but I wouldn't say they warrant the title of being one of the worst countries in the world.
My stance
Free market capitalist
Anti-environmentalism
America loving Christian

Yay for quotes!
MTpop=profile

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Remote Islands » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 pm

A long while ago, the Remote Islands waged a guerilla war with The Misbehaving Sultanate of Cluchstan. To this day, not many know the true nome de guerre. We lost badly, and the country regarded them as evil for a while afterwards.

(OOC true story: I got into a long and pointless flamewar with Cluchstan around early 2007 and since I was a complete n00b I lost...seriously)
Last edited by The Remote Islands on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groucho Marxist. Long live the Islands, except when they don't.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Usually when I do a hit of acid or coke, I avoid NS. But you didn't. Shows a lot of balls. I like that.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information