NATION

PASSWORD

Does your nation practice slavery? (FT)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Vipra
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Does your nation practice slavery? (FT)

Postby Vipra » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 pm

OOC: Future Tech nations only please, there are other threads for slavery that cover every tech era.

After many months of back breaking paperwork (That's right, paperwork in Vipra can break your back) the government has only come up with a short list of space faring nations that actively deal in slavery. The Imperial Bureaucracy, after going through a dozen committees and a week long non-stop session of debate, is openly asking the galaxy at large which nations have slavery within their borders and whether it is legal or not. All answers shall be held in confidence and shall not be released to third parties without the express permission of the nation handing over said information.

Legally Practiced:
Vipra
Victorious Decepticons
Hornopolis
The Adrian Empire
The Tavan Race
The Nuclear Fist
The shee species
Saurisia

Illegally Practiced:

Not Practiced:
Dagnia
Acaiteron
The Rhenish Nation
Kreanoltha
Kirhean Tribes
Solar Communes
Novus Niciae
Dimoniquid
OMGeverynameistaken
Ramsetia
Joyous Zeltros
Kamchakan
Last edited by Vipra on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:24 am, edited 11 times in total.

Cilistia Novaren says: Look, I cant read while eating, your posts usually end in my having a strange feeling of dread, nausea, or slight arousal, or all at the same time.

Vipra says: In the Grim-Darkness of my spare time, there is only War... And cat-people boning...
Foxfire Rose says: I am Xiscapia and I approve this message.

Kostemetsia says: The atoran: a walking interplay of sex and violence.

Valinon says: Rule of cool does not equal a defense against wanton stupidity

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Slavery is quite legal and openly practiced here in Victorious Decepticons.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

ZellDincht
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ZellDincht » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by ZellDincht on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You must be the change you want to see in the World."-Ghandi
"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

The Rhenish Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rhenish Nation » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Rhenish law is firmly against slavery. That being said, we still get slavers once in a while trying to run illicit 'cargo' through Rhenish systems. We kill them.

If caught, it is traditionally understood that slavers may be spaced, which is to say blasted out an airlock unsuited and still alive, without trial.

- Vizeadmiral Marina Freytag, Bundesmarine
Last edited by The Rhenish Nation on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My MT/PMT incarnation is the Rhenish Republic, or the Rheinische Republik.

Regarding my FT incarnation, three words: Germanic Space Elves. I am Spaec Prussia.

Myrorcand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Myrorcand » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:30 pm

-Edit, Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by Myrorcand on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Slavery is enteirly illegal in Kreanoltha and is punishable by death; unless you count our punishment of life-hard labor for crimes to severe for the life sentence but not severe enough for the death sentence. We do not.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Below is a list of legal slavery within the stellar territory of the Queendom.

Legally Practiced Forms of Slavery:
1.) The act of selling a Female into the bonds of indentured servitude or slavery.
2.) The act of selling captured Male or Female P.O.W.s into the bonds indentured servitude or slavery.
3.) The act of Shanghai'ing Non-Fleet Female civilians into Fleet service.
4.) The act of selling both Male and Female slaves, civilians, or indentured servants into the bonds of sexual slavery.

Illegally Practised Forms of Slavery:
1.) The act of selling a Passchendaele-born baby, toddler or small child into slavery.
Last edited by Hornopolis on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/11/11

Aborginia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aborginia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:36 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by Aborginia on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Foreign Minister Mir-Hossein Mottkai

Generation 26 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Slavery

Slavery in the Interstellar Union is a legal form of labour, however slavery in and of itself would be a misleading term, as slavery in the Empire is non-hereditary and is subject to many caveats and legal concerns, which will be addressed, slavery in the Empire is further divided into legal categories based on the persons involved, these are:

As it was said in the introduction, not even freedom is necessarily coerced upon our citizens and denizens, and if the individual wishes to have his needs provided for him in exchange for his work, he may choose a contract of voluntary enslavement, which is essentially a fixed-term contract for trade of services for meal, room and board. The exact nature of these contracts vary, some "slaves" are paid salaries, others are rewarded in goods. These are atypical in the Empire proper, but common in the Dunmarian Duchies, where these contracts appear as a form of voluntary serfdom. It was once briefly popular in the Empire proper and Altmaria, for citizen's to sign contracts of slavery for a set period of time to their significant others as a sort of gift, it has however fallen into disuse lately.

Colloquially called "Debtor's Chains" slavery, is a potential form of debt repayment available to desperate debt-ridden private citizens who have no alternative means of payment. The citizen in question may choose to approach one of their debtors or an agreed third party (especially when concerning multiple debtors), and perform free service to them for a set period of time in return for the alleviation of debts (or for the third party to pay in his/her stead).

This form of indentured servitude, is the only non-consensual form of slavery in the Empire (arguably one of the few non-consensual forms of anything in the Empire). It is used as punishment for criminals found convicted in trial with demerits over 100 (see Justice Section), as a form of restitution the convict will work until he has repaid both victim and government for his crime, usually at private penal colonies, where they are typically used to mine, log and farm or work in factories. The hope is that the criminals will return with skills and having repaid his victim will realize the value of his labour.

The Empire has come into contact with countless different forms of Alien Life, in the process we have made contact with many intelligent and civilized aliens life forms. The Empire has usually welcomed these intelligent species and even their sovereign civilizations with open arms into the folds of the Imperial Union and Adrian Culture. However, the Empire has occasionally come across species that were too violent, aggressive, collectivist and otherwise dangerous or incapable to be integrated into Imperial Society, these are titled semi-intelligent species, including the Collectivist Arachnids of Klendathu, the Neanderthal-like Duars and the most infamous of semi-intelligent species, the Orcs, for these species the Empire was faced with few options, these intelligent species were too intelligent to let alone like planetary fauna and far too dangerous or abnormal to integrate, the Empire had to choose between slavery and genocide, and picked the lesser of two evils. Non-Humans makes up the majority of slave labour in the Empire, and are the only hereditary form of slavery, while basic rights are expected, there is little oversight for their treatment. Orcs are the most common slaves, they're free brethren plague the stars with their ad-hoc pieced together space ships and infest any planet they can get a foothold on. Slavery becomes an acceptable solution.

[i]The Only Domestic Market for Sentient Forced Slavery is the Illegal Slave Trade Maintained by the Pirates and Robber Barons of the Fringe System who frequently raid Commercial Ships and even entire worlds for slavery, certain areas, like Illos V are famous for their massive slave markets, the slaves are purchased by all sorts of persons, some for sexual purposes, others for cheap labour or servants.
[/i]
Last edited by The Adrian Empire on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Dagnia
Senator

Founded: Jul 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagnia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Slavery is only used as a punishment for a crime. Usually the criminal does some kind of manual labour and whatever money is made from it is sent to the victim(s) or their family as compensation or it is kept by the Ministry of Justice to supplement what it gets from the government budget.
Otherwise it is strictly illegal, and we have very strict measures to ensure that no human is bought, sold or trafficked through our nation. The penalty for the crime can be the legal slavery (with the money usually going to helping the newly freed slave get an education for an independent productive life) or execution.
Wait an hour, and it will be now again

The Tavan Race
Minister

Founded: May 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tavan Race » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Legal:
--selling oneself into slavery for a set period of time
--selling one's child into slavery until they reach legal maturity
--capturing enemy soldiers and keeping them as slaves
--capturing an enemy's citizens as slaves

Illegal
--treating a slave poorly, as judged by the royal family
--keeping an indentured slave longer than the period allowed by them
--recapturing an escaped slave, unless they are an enemy's citizen or soldier
--enslaving a fellow tavan for longer than a year, even if captured in warfare
.[]__ta ilokune nunlasi a kiso'hoso'hei kaetin__[]
.[]__voika neinseil tenei luneva daishe__[]
.Our Factbook
Tavan is capitalized when referring to a societal construct, such as the military or language.
It is left lowercase when referring to an individual organism or a biological characteristic.

Nordic Hyperboreans
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordic Hyperboreans » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:44 pm

The Republic has passed legislation that strictly prohibits slavery within it's boarders.
Minister for the interior Hakim Dipintroop has been quoted stating that "slavery is the embodiment of evil and it is also quite bad for bussiness".

The Rhenish Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rhenish Nation » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Nordic Hyperboreans wrote:The Republic has passed legislation that strictly prohibits slavery within it's boarders.
Minister for the interior Hakim Dipintroop has been quoted stating that "slavery is the embodiment of evil and it is also quite bad for bussiness".

Finally, a fellow sensible nation.

Regarding my FT incarnation, three words: Germanic Space Elves. I am Spaec Prussia.

Kirhean Tribes
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirhean Tribes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 pm

"Slavery is an efficient means to ensure rebellion."

- Matriarch Si'nxj Mada

It is not only illegal, it is inadvisable as well. Oppressed individuals tend to turn on their masters, even in the best circumstances.
"Live for honor and you will die with none."
-Kirhean Proverb
The Commonwealth Of Kirhean Tribes
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Acaiteron
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Acaiteron » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Slavery in Acaiteron is strictly outlawed.
However there most certainly are 'grunts'.

Mindhar on The Lord of the Rings
21:53: Bunnicula Huzzah for weaponizing sex nukes!

Maineiacs wrote:The internet: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are cops.

The Tavan Race
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tavan Race » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Nordic Hyperboreans wrote:The Republic has passed legislation that strictly prohibits slavery within it's boarders.

Oh, yes, free and efficient labor does tend to inhibit the economy so... The pyramids must have been some fluke of efficacy. Otherwise slavery's benefits would be plainly obvious. Silly me.
.Our Factbook
Tavan is capitalized when referring to a societal construct, such as the military or language.
It is left lowercase when referring to an individual organism or a biological characteristic.

Solar Communes
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solar Communes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:49 pm

No, not even against aliens, and in the fact this research will show there are far more alien scum than humans practicing. It will be a proof to the galaxy of the need to wipe out the disgusting, vile and reviled xenos before they threaten the freedom of humanity. Humans doing it will be treated like xenos scum as well, undeserving of being called human and thus undeserving of human rights, and bound for extermination so their bestial and animalesque genetics may be cleansed from the universe.

If any enslavers ever dare to intrude upon Solarian territory, they will prefer death over what will happen to them.
Last edited by Solar Communes on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ж
Space Anarchist Miscegenated Black&White Viking Vampire Shapeshifting Pirates in Space.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Hogsweat, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, North Point, Varejao, Ulanpataar, Sharfghotten, Franberry, Tyrandis, Rosbaningrad, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania: All unjustly deleted. 09/27 Nevar Forget.
Abandon Humanity, one step at a time | Suffer not the Yiffster. Join ANTIFA: The Anti-furry Alliance
Solar Communes Wiki | World of Dustpeople(Species Factbook) | Documentary on Solarian Diplomacy with Aliens
Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Barbarins
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Barbarins » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 pm

in my nation everyone is a slave to the king.
I say we nuke everything till something gets fixed ~ Panzerjaeger

when it comes to negotions.
Speak softly. And drive a really big tank~Unknown

Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
~Sun Tzu

The Rhenish Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rhenish Nation » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 pm

The Tavan Race wrote:Oh, yes, free and efficient labor does tend to inhibit the economy so... The pyramids must have been some fluke of efficacy. Otherwise slavery's benefits would be plainly obvious. Silly me.

(OOC: Actually, to my understanding a lot of the guys at Giza and elsewhere were paid labor, not slaves. They were freeborn Egyptian men, involved in a service-for-reimbursement deal with the Pharaohs.)

(OOC2: Nordic Hyperboreans, did you receive my telegram?)
Last edited by The Rhenish Nation on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tavan Race
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tavan Race » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Perhaps some were paid or otherwise compensated, however there is no real way to determine the percentage and it is likely that there were at least some slaves in ancient Egypt.

Perhaps you would post some example of a country with slavery whose economy was directly affected in a negative way by it?
Last edited by The Tavan Race on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Our Factbook

The Rhenish Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rhenish Nation » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 pm

The Tavan Race wrote:Perhaps some were paid or otherwise compensated, however there is no real way to determine the percentage and it is likely that there were at least some slaves in ancient Egypt.

(OOC: I did not dispute that. I merely said that modern evidence is showing that the massive hordes of whipped slaves we imagine in all the movies are not quite so real as we thought. I'll see what I can gin up on that last request.)

Let it now be known that all slaving states herein declared shall be considered rogue states by this Republik, and that if any state that has declared itself to be against slavery should be attacked for that reason, we shall assist them.
Last edited by The Rhenish Nation on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Tavan Race
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tavan Race » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 pm

The Rhenish Nation wrote:
The Tavan Race wrote:Perhaps some were paid or otherwise compensated, however there is no real way to determine the percentage and it is likely that there were at least some slaves in ancient Egypt.

(OOC: I did not dispute that. I merely said that modern evidence is showing that the massive hordes of whipped slaves we imagine in all the movies are not quite so real as we thought. I'll see what I can gin up on that last request.)

Let it now be known that all slaving states herein declared shall be considered rogue states by this Republik, and that if any state that has declared itself to be against slavery should be attacked for that reason, we shall assist them.

Let it be known that the reverse is true with us, and we will defend any slaving nation against invaders. However let it also be known that we have no intention of assaulting another nation for being against slavery, as we do not force our opinion on others.
.Our Factbook

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 pm

[OOC: Vip, total SNAFU. *Captain Obvious flies away*]
4/11/11

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:50 am

Slavery has not been practiced in Novus Niciae since antiquity.
Slavery is highly illegal and there are severe penalties for practicing it within our nation.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Kirhean Tribes
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirhean Tribes » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:26 am

The Tavan Race wrote:Perhaps you would post some example of a country with slavery whose economy was directly affected in a negative way by it?

The United States of America

One of the primary issues of the Civil War was slavery, and wars are generally bad for the economy.

I quote my above post
Kirhean Tribes wrote: "Slavery is an efficient means to ensure rebellion."

- Matriarch Si'nxj Mada

It is not only illegal, it is inadvisable as well. Oppressed individuals tend to turn on their masters, even in the best circumstances.
"Live for honor and you will die with none."
-Kirhean Proverb
The Commonwealth Of Kirhean Tribes
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information