NATION

PASSWORD

Milky Way Map 3.0 [FT]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Why'd you make another map? Mindset's already got one up...
4/11/11

Khandosia
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khandosia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Hornopolis wrote:Why'd you make another map? Mindset's already got one up...

I looked at that map. It's nice, but it seems like it needs a revamp. After talking to a few older players some mentioned that it didn't accurately reflect some stuff that is on other maps. *shrug*
My FT Factbook|Return of the Lion

"On the contrary; this gentleman is my nemesis, my opposite number, the Holmes to my Moriarty, the blessed image of purity next to be defiled oozing corruption." - Chronosia

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Feazanthia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:48 pm

The ESUS Map is the equivalent of Google Maps. The Derscon-Morningstar Map is the equivalent of a geopolitical globe.

One is nice when you want an in-depth picture of an area without getting an at-glance look at the bigger picture. The other is nice for seeing the larger geopolitical climate, without burdening yourself with details that may be inconsequential to you.

The D-M map is also far easier for newbies, and is moderated.
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Feazanthia wrote:The ESUS Map is the equivalent of Google Maps. The Derscon-Morningstar Map is the equivalent of a geopolitical globe.

One is nice when you want an in-depth picture of an area without getting an at-glance look at the bigger picture. The other is nice for seeing the larger geopolitical climate, without burdening yourself with details that may be inconsequential to you.

The D-M map is also far easier for newbies, and is moderated.

Bolded and underlined to highlight why I started working on a map. I love MIndset's efforts. It's bloody epic.
However, it's also unwieldy. You're getting a five course meal when all you wanted was a snack.
A static image map allows you to quickly get a basic idea of where someone is, without having to constantly shift back and forth between galaxy view, sector view, etc. Since the programming Mindset used is totally incapable of seamless transition or zooming between different views, I felt that a single image map was still going to be useful.

Second, there is NO moderation of any kind on Mindset's map. I applaud the concept, but as a tactical, strategic, or geopolitical map of the NS MWG, the absolute lack of any moderation means that the map rapidly becomes inundated with false and worthless entries.
There are dozens of nations represented on the ESUSMap which either have not touched the roleplaying threads in months, or who have never even once touched roleplaying.
Further, I have tracked down at least ten nations who when questioned, admitted that they had no interest at all in FT and were strict MT players. When further questioned about why they bothered plotting claims on Mindset's map, the general response was "Eh, why not?" or "It looked cool."

If the purpose of the map is to give you some idea of who your neighbors are, where your enemies are, etc... Then the Mindset map's lack of any moderation at all fails completely. However, Mindset did not make his map for the same reasons I started this one. The two are very different beasts.
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Derscon
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Morningstar Coalition wrote:Okay folks, Mr Jenrak here has informed me of how DeviantArt works, so I think I will now be able to have the links in the OP automatically reflect the updates as I upload them. Turns out that the URL generated is based on the file name, so when I was changing the file name to reflect each update, it was changing the URL links as well, breaking the links in the OP.

I've uploaded a brand new, single-name file to my gallery. I will have Derscon edit the OP ASAP.

Here is the new link to the map.

Updated the image. I'll update the catalog when I feel less lazy.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Excellent work on the map guys. Believe me when I say that it is fully appreciated. Here is my claim:

Alliance: GE (color can by red/yellow/or orange)
Systems
New Bastion -- Beta(S,T) (9,9)
Victoria -- Beta (R,S) (3,3)
Carpentaria -- Beta (Q,R) (5,5)

Deep Space Stations
Damascus -- Beta (S,T) (2,2) Secret IC
Karak -- Beta (Q,R) (9,9) Secret IC

Death Will: Orthodox Gnosticism/New Dornalia/Balrogga/Telros
Last edited by Thrashia on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

EternalNight
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby EternalNight » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Deep Space Nexus Fortress:

Aleph-15--- Delta (S,B) (5,9) Secret IC

Will: If I ever leave NS, it gets removed. (Drawn back into the Black Nebula)

Not in any alliance currently
You think when you die you go to Heaven or Hell...
You come to US!

Hallowed are the First Triune

ΜΘΓ

Khandosia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khandosia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:20 pm

edit: Are we limited on how many systems and deep space stations we can have?
Last edited by Khandosia on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"On the contrary; this gentleman is my nemesis, my opposite number, the Holmes to my Moriarty, the blessed image of purity next to be defiled oozing corruption." - Chronosia

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Khandosia wrote:edit: Are we limited on how many systems and deep space stations we can have?

Don't be an asshat. That's the limitation.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Alrighty folks, need to get info from a bunch of peoples. Mostly it's little things that just need to be added to the thread listing/database.

Khandosia: Need to get a Will from you. What do you want done with your systems in the event you either go Ex-Nation, or become more than two months Inactive (No RP posts to the forums for two months)?
Your options are:
Fair Game (Anyone who roleplays things out may take over control. You always have the option of trying to re-take the claims should you return, but we expect to see you RP this out, or at least negotiate with the player who took over)
Remove (Your claims will be removed from map updates. Please note that I will be keeping all claims in the GIMP file, but I will simply hide your claims from the published updates)
Cede (You can choose a specific player who you want to gain "ownership" of your claims should you vanish)

Please note, I will need a Will for each and every IC Nation listing. However, you may specially select a specific claim to have a different Will than your nation as a whole.

Abh, I am also going to need a Will from you.

Dragona. I am sorry to say I won't be able to automatically figure out where your claims are with the new single-image map. You'll need to give me updated coordinates, and you'll also need a Will.

Jenrak, I need Wills for Each of your IC Nations.

Dead Snow: Need a Will from you too.

Thrashia wrote:Excellent work on the map guys. Believe me when I say that it is fully appreciated. Here is my claim:

Systems
New Bastion -- Delta(S,T) (9,9)
Victoria -- Delta (R,S) (3,3)
Carpentaria -- Delta (Q,R) (5,5)

Deep Space Stations
Damascus -- Delta (S,T) (2,2) Secret IC
Karak -- Delta (Q,R) (9,9) Secret IC

Apologies, but I will require some additional information before I can process your claims.
I need the full IC national name, any alliances/factions/power blocs (Yes I know the GE, but I need it in writing and need to know if there's any *others*), and finally need to know your Will.

Everyone who has posted claims up to EternalNight will be added to the map on this Update, which I am working on right now.
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Bavin wrote:
Khandosia wrote:edit: Are we limited on how many systems and deep space stations we can have?

Don't be an asshat. That's the limitation.

As long as you're not trying to make dozens of claims at once, I'll likely allow it. Just keep in mind, Derscon and I reserve the right to ask you tone it down if you get out of hand.

Jenrak, I've run into a snag while adding some of your claims. Thrashia, this applies to your claims as well.
I need to know what color the Galactic Empire will be using for the map.

Jenrak, I also need to know what color we'll be using for the Resolute Syndicate as well. I cannot add the claims of those nations using these alliances until I have a color I can use.

This applies to any alliances/factions/power blocs who have not yet selected a color. i need to get those colors added before I can add any alliance claims.

Khandosia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khandosia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:23 pm

I'd guess "Fair Game".

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Yep, I'm back again.

We're here today because there's been a few snags and issues with getting this next update going on schedule.

1. Thrashia... Those coordinates are most certainly not in Delta. They're Beta. To try and solve this, I am going to be adding quadrant labels to the map so there is no more confusion.

2. Formatting of claims. By now Derscon has kindly been able to update the listings which are at the beginning of this thread, just past the OP. Please, take a moment to look over these lists and see how everything is formatted. If you would kindly format your claims in this fashion, it makes both mine and Derscon's jobs MUCH easier. Be certain you have the right quadrant, and that your coordinates go X (Across) then Y (Down) for both Sector and Subsector.

Thanks to everyone who's so far put up a claim and in doing so endorsed and supported the effort put into making this map possible. Right now it's taking a little over two gigs of RAM to edit this GIMP file, so I hope the effort is appreciated and comes in handy to everyone!

Clamparapa
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Clamparapa » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 pm

The Stations Alliance Directorate (Clamparapa) - Factions: Legion (Secret IC) - Will: Fair Game (Subject to Change)

* Ω ψ Wormhole to Galaxy XJ-10: DELTA (S,J) (6,7) - Anomaly

* Sanctuary Beta: DELTA (Q,I) (5,5) - System

* NPB Beta: DELTA (Q,I) (5,0) - System

* SPB Beta: DELTA (Q,I) (5,9) - System

* Sanctuary: DELTA (O,K) (7,6) - System

* Tungsten Fields: DELTA (P,L) (9,7) - System

* ψ Gravestone: DELTA (S,C) (3,2) - Deep Space Station

* ψ Agony: DELTA (Y,B) (1,9) - Deep Space Station

Code: Select all
[u][b]The Stations Alliance Directorate[/b] ([nation]Clamparapa[/nation]) - Factions: [i]Legion[/i] (Secret IC) - Will: Fair Game (Subject to Change)[/u]

[list]* Ω ψ [i]Wormhole to Galaxy XJ-10[/i]: DELTA (S,J) (6,7) - Anomaly

* [i]Sanctuary Beta[/i]: DELTA (Q,I) (5,5) - System

* [i]NPB Beta[/i]: DELTA (Q,I) (5,0) - System

* [i]SPB Beta[/i]: DELTA (Q,I) (5,9) - System

* [i]Sanctuary[/i]: DELTA (O,K) (7,6) - System

* [i]Tungsten Fields[/i]: DELTA (P,L) (9,7) - System[/list]

[hr][/hr]

[list]* ψ [i]Gravestone[/i]: DELTA (S,C) (3,2) - Deep Space Station

* ψ [i]Agony[/i]: DELTA (Y,B) (1,9) - Deep Space Station[/list]
Last edited by Clamparapa on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 pm

You even submitted the code... I love you <3
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:46 pm

The Fourth Dersconi Amaranthine Imperium (Derscon) - Factions: ESUS/TAARC - Will: Delete from Map
    * Novoy Kjaarzdhona: Alpha (L,T)(8,2) - System
    *Gandvik Srjarnheim: Beta (M,T)(6,7) - System
    *Neusondheim: Beta (N,T)(7,4) - System
    *Srjarnhalla: Beta (O,U)(3,7) - System
    *Bifröstheim: Alpha (M,V)(4,7) - System; Note: Contains the Gate of Heimdall
    *Xrabaron: Alpha (L,U)(4,4) - System
    *Damari Lunaras: Beta (M,S)(7,8) - System
    *Drazhoran: Beta (N,U)(3,4) - System
    *Tolbiazot: Alpha (M,U)(3,8) - System
    *Uthark Väorhagra: Alpha (K,U)(9,9) - System
Last edited by Derscon on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

瞞天過海

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Clamparapa wrote:The Stations Alliance Directorate (Clamparapa) - Factions: Legion (Secret IC) - Will: Fair Game (Subject to Change)

* Ω ψ Wormhole to Galaxy XJ-10: DELTA (S,J) (6,7) - Anomaly

* Sanctuary Beta: DELTA (Q,I) (5,5) - System

* NPB Beta: DELTA (Q,I) (5,0) - System

* SPB Beta: DELTA (Q,I) (5,9) - System

* Sanctuary: DELTA (O,K) (7,6) - System

* Tungsten Fields: DELTA (P,L) (9,7) - System

* ψ Gravestone: DELTA (S,C) (3,2) - Deep Space Station

* ψ Agony: DELTA (Y,B) (1,9) - Deep Space Station

[u][b]The Stations Alliance Directorate[/b] ([nation]Clamparapa[/nation]) - Factions: [i]Legion[/i] (Secret IC) - Will: Fair Game (Subject to Change)[/u]

[list]* Ω ψ [i]Wormhole to Galaxy XJ-10[/i]: DELTA (S,J) (6,7) - Anomaly

* [i]Sanctuary Beta[/i]: DELTA (Q,I) (5,5) - System

* [i]NPB Beta[/i]: DELTA (Q,I) (5,0) - System

* [i]SPB Beta[/i]: DELTA (Q,I) (5,9) - System

* [i]Sanctuary[/i]: DELTA (O,K) (7,6) - System

* [i]Tungsten Fields[/i]: DELTA (P,L) (9,7) - System[/list]

[hr][/hr]

[list]* ψ [i]Gravestone[/i]: DELTA (S,C) (3,2) - Deep Space Station

* ψ [i]Agony[/i]: DELTA (Y,B) (1,9) - Deep Space Station[/list]

I would just like to quote this post to add emphasis to how fucking awesome this is. If everyone posted it this awesomely - especially with the code - I would be so happy, and Internets for all.

瞞天過海

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Tag
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Nova Bazalonia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Bazalonia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:58 pm

The Joined Peoples of Nova Bazalonia

Alliance: LA Pact
Will: The LA Pact can decide what to do

Forest - GAMMA (J, L)(7,4) - System
Nova - GAMMA (J,L)(6,5) - System

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Map has been updated.

Included in this update:

Dead Snow
Jenrak (All but the Arkas Totalius)
Abh
Khandosia
Bavin
Boico

EDIT: Bazalonia, I've added you to the list for next update.
Also in this list:

The Totalian Imperiate of the Arkas Totalius (Jenrak)
The Empire of Thrashia - (Thrashia)
The Stations Alliance Directorate (Clamparapa)
The Fourth Dersconi Amaranthine Imperium (Derscon)
The Joined Peoples of Nova Bazalonia (Nova Bazalonia)

The Dragona Empire - (Ih8uwannakillu)
I'm still waiting on your updated coordinates.
Last edited by Morningstar Coalition on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Solar Communes
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solar Communes » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:23 pm

The Confederation of Solar Communes (Solar Communes) - Factions: ESUS - Will: Maintain it as long as possible.

* Ω Gliese 581: BETA (M,R) (4,4) - System

* Eden: GAMMA (G,K) (5,5) - System

* ψ ж Sheol: GAMMA (E,I) (6,3) - Anomaly

[u][b]The Confederation of Solar Communes[/b] ([nation]Solar Communes[/nation]) - Factions: [i]ESUS[/i]  - Will: Maintain it as long as possible.[/u]

[list]* Ω [i]Gliese 581[/i]: BETA (M,R) (4,4) - System

* [i]Eden[/i]: GAMMA (G,K) (5,5) - System

* ψ ж [i]Sheol[/i]: GAMMA (E,I) (6,3) - Anomaly[/list]
Ж
Space Anarchist Miscegenated Black&White Viking Vampire Shapeshifting Pirates in Space.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Hogsweat, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, North Point, Varejao, Ulanpataar, Sharfghotten, Franberry, Tyrandis, Rosbaningrad, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania: All unjustly deleted. 09/27 Nevar Forget.
Abandon Humanity, one step at a time | Suffer not the Yiffster. Join ANTIFA: The Anti-furry Alliance
Solar Communes Wiki | World of Dustpeople(Species Factbook) | Documentary on Solarian Diplomacy with Aliens
Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 am

The Soviet Technocracy (Techno-Soviet) - Factions: None - Will: Cede (Although I'm not sure as to whom, yet. For now, until I find someone who is willing to take these systems, you can label as "fair game". Just know that I'll be changing it eventually, once I find a taker.)

* Ω Illysium: BETA (V,M) (5,6) - System

* Tor: DELTA (U,M) (7,2) - System

* Wilnus: BETA (W,N) (8,7) - System

* Adranos: DELTA (V,L) (5,3) - System

* Ceres: DELTA (W,M) (2,4) - System

* Chthonia: BETA (U,N) (6,6) - System

* Protogenos: DELTA (U,M) (2,3) - System

* Nesoi IV: DELTA (V,L) (3,2) - System

* Ananke 666: DELTA (U,L) (5,6) - System

* Eros: DELTA (W,M) (8,3) - System

* Amor 1132: DELTA (U,L) (3,9) - System

* Berytus: BETA (U,N) (3,9) - System

[u][b]The Soviet Technocracy[/b] ([nation]Techno-Soviet[/nation]) - Factions: [i]None[/i] - Will: Cede (Although I'm not sure as to whom, yet. For now, until I find someone who is willing to take these systems, you can label as "fair game". Just know that I'll be changing it eventually, once I find a taker.)[/u]

[list]* Ω [i]Illysium[/i]: BETA (V,M) (5,6) - System

*  [i]Tor[/i]: DELTA (U,M) (7,2) - System

* [i]Wilnus[/i]: BETA (W,N) (8,7) - System

* [i]Adranos[/i]: DELTA (V,L) (5,3) - System

* [i]Ceres[/i]: DELTA (W,M) (2,4) - System

* [i]Chthonia[/i]: BETA (U,N) (6,6) - System

* [i]Protogenos[/i]: DELTA (U,M) (2,3) - System

* [i]Nesoi IV[/i]: DELTA (V,L) (3,2) - System

* [i]Ananke 666[/i]: DELTA (U,L) (5,6) - System

* [i]Eros[/i]: DELTA (W,M) (8,3) - System

* [i]Amor 1132[/i]: DELTA (U,L) (3,9) - System

* [i]Berytus[/i]: BETA (U,N) (3,9) - System[/list]
Last edited by Techno-Soviet on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Northern Rangeria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Rangeria » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am

Tagged like the fist of an angry god :)

I'll send co-ordinates within the day.

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 am

Fair game for my will please

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:02 am

The Huerdaen Star Empire (Huerdae) - Factions: Legion (Secret IC) - Will: Telros (Holy Empire of Telros)

* Ω Pantos: DELTA (S,H) (7,2) - System

[u][b]The Huerdaen Star Empire[/b] ([nation]Huerdae[/nation]) - Factions: [i]Legion[/i] (Secret IC) - Will: [nation]Telros[/nation] (Holy Empire of Telros)[/u]

[list]* Ω [i]Pantos[/i]: DELTA (S,H) (7,2) - System[/list]

I'll add more, but for now, let's put me on the map, yeah?
Last edited by Huerdae on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information