NATION

PASSWORD

Slang in Your Nation?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Slang in Your Nation?

Postby Rhodevus » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:42 pm

People every use words to talk. To communicate. Its inevitable that when two or more people live together, there will be some form of communication. But, words are hard, and long and boring. And so, we invented shortened language. Or slang. Maybe not so much invented, but we all use slang terms and words every day in our daily life. Slang is shaped by our societies and our cultures. Slang in every country is different.

So, what are some slang terms and words used in your nation?
Edit: Please don't include actual swear words or actual derogatory terms. We want to keep this thread open

In Rhodevus, there is plenty of slang, but here are some notable ones:

Knuckles/Knuckless: This refers to an old practice involving the removal of the top knuckle from the pinky and middle fingers on a person's left hand. It was done as a means to show failure or defeat. Nowadays, the slang term, "to be knuckless", or simply "knuckles" is used to mean a person who shouldn't be in a position of authority/power, or is too crazy to be given responsibility. Also used in a sentence is, "missing a knuckle or two." The term is slowly falling out of use due to the current monarch, Queen Diana Wolff, missing those two knuckles, due to torture.

"How's your boss?"
"Oh, he seems to be missing a knuckle or two."

Sticks: Coming from the jingle "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me", the usage of the word 'sticks' is a simple term used to convey alternately that a person's words are harmless, or a person's words are harmful (often in an ambivalent or joking manner.)

"You jerk!"
"Sticks."

Hydro: A term used to mean 'electricity'. For instance, a 'hydro bill' refers to an electricity bill. This is due to the majority of electricity supplied in Rhodevus coming from hydropower.

"I'm paying for my hydro."

Loose a Square: A term meaning "short on money". The term originates from old Republican Reale, which were square in shape, an worth nothing outside the country at the time of their usage.

"Hey, can you lend me a dollar? I'm loose a square."

Bender: A term used to describe going on an extended period of drugs and/or alcohol. It is unclear where the term originates, but likely has to do with taverns in the 18th century giving their favourite customers (those who return often and spend a lot) bent pins to wear, so that they can get 'special service' in their and other taverns (special service in this case, meaning plenty of alcohol early on, and up charged prices later in the night. A way for tavern owners to swindle the heavy drinkers)

"Johnny was out for a bender last night."
"I hope he's alright."

Yuck-Juck: A term used to describe a simple-minded person, or a derogatory term for country-folk. In general, it is used to describe people with little to no common sense. The term originates from a 1950s television show where one character (named Jack, but due to his accent, pronounced it Juck) was a simple-minded farmer who laughed in a 'yucking' fashion while on the show.

"Don't mind the yuck-juck over there."
Last edited by Rhodevus on Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:47 pm

pewter medalist: Something considered substandard, even worse than third rate (which is a borrowed expression)

The term originates from the Delaclav practice of conferring pewter medals to fourth place finishers in sporting events, one Sarzonia has also adopted.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

The Autumn
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby The Autumn » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:13 pm

Autumn Spring :

Two events or occurrences or sayings that are the complete opposite of eachother

“I heard people are calling sun as “night”, it’s horrible”

“Yeah, that’s Autumn Spring”

New Master
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2023
Right-wing Utopia

Postby New Master » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:18 pm

Slag: A universal, versatile swear, example: “What the Slag!, Slag it!, Slaggin’ punks!”
Scrap: Another slang that is a swear, example: “You Scrap!, Y’all look like Scrap!”
An Intergalactic Federation founded by Cybertronians.

RP Population: 30 billion
An 0.38 Civilization according to this index:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617

Maltitalerland
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Maltitalerland » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:22 pm

Forcio: slang used often referring to young males acting stupidly in situation like with friends
Maltitalerland stronk and can into space Earth
Class: 1,07
News of this month (February 2024) - Provided by MPR English | Politics: The SDMP interrupts the Anti-corruption policy, giving more freedom to the Anti-BlackMarket policy - War News: We are neutral since 1848 - Diplomatics: We changed region, currently trying to unificate more with Sfartheim0 - Policies in act: the Black market policy is still functioning? Experts say no - Elections: this month aren't expected very important elections - Economy: 1 FLY = 1.70$ - News: Türkçe is now official language | Thanks for listening, hear us the next month

"What awaits us in the future?"
Frigidus E.F.

New Temecula
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 11, 2023

Postby New Temecula » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:35 pm

Tsay! - A derogatory way of saying "Jey!" (Hey!) It is most commonly said to people you don't like.
Omfleben! - The Temeculan language is devoid of any swears, so the slang "omfleben" is used in place for all swear words.
Uak- English for "we." It refers to the speaker, listener and someone else. (e.g., Uak ar'ri getei tu zhe cinimiak. Means- We are going to the movies.)
Euak- English for "we". This time, it refers to the speaker and someone else, excluding the listener. (e.g., Euak ar'ri getei tu zhe cinimiak. Means- We are going to the movies.)
ᨂemecu᱾aᨎᨂemecu᱾aᨎᨂemecu᱾aᨎ
"Hello, peeps and cheeps of NS!"
It's New Temecula here! The famous F7 ostrich-obsessed idiot who makes mediocre art and overdecorated posts!
Do you like my new, modernized signature? Of course you do, it has a cool gradient and has ռօ լатוи снаяастеяֆ բօя аה սոժյ՜ֆכլоֆеժ гפձֆסդ!
NS stats were Altatemese sympethizers from the Altatem Attempt; they were stripped of their rights and thrown in prison!

Maltitalerland
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2021

Postby Maltitalerland » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:11 am

New Temecula wrote:Tsay! - A derogatory way of saying "Jey!" (Hey!) It is most commonly said to people you don't like.
Omfleben! - The Temeculan language is devoid of any swears, so the slang "omfleben" is used in place for all swear words.
Uak- English for "we." It refers to the speaker, listener and someone else. (e.g., Uak ar'ri getei tu zhe cinimiak. Means- We are going to the movies.)
Euak- English for "we". This time, it refers to the speaker and someone else, excluding the listener. (e.g., Euak ar'ri getei tu zhe cinimiak. Means- We are going to the movies.)

Oh, Uak and Euak are for like the Inclusive and Exclusive "Us" in some langs
Maltitalerland stronk and can into space Earth
Class: 1,07
News of this month (February 2024) - Provided by MPR English | Politics: The SDMP interrupts the Anti-corruption policy, giving more freedom to the Anti-BlackMarket policy - War News: We are neutral since 1848 - Diplomatics: We changed region, currently trying to unificate more with Sfartheim0 - Policies in act: the Black market policy is still functioning? Experts say no - Elections: this month aren't expected very important elections - Economy: 1 FLY = 1.70$ - News: Türkçe is now official language | Thanks for listening, hear us the next month

"What awaits us in the future?"
Frigidus E.F.

Aephony
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aephony » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:23 am

A. E. "Always efficient!", thanking for help, especially someone native from Aephony as a national pun.

A. E. "Any Era!", Used to mean 'you're welcome', as in 'any day!' but for a big favor.

A. E! "Aeromedical Evacuation!!!" Refers to the use of military transport aircraft to carry wounded Aephi personnel.

A. E. "Automotive Extrication" The process of removing a vehicle from around a person who has been involved in a motor vehicle crash, when conventional means of exit are impossible or inadvisable due to injuries suffered. A delicate approach is needed to minimize injury to the victim during the extrication.
Aephony: - Don't rely on my NS stats.

Get recruited! or even understand! and maybe read our poem! and even locate! Also, don't forget to praise! & learn! and/or get cultivated!
__________________________ --- __________________________ --- __________________________

Xeola
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Xeola » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:58 am

Xvez!: meaning idiot or dummy.

New Master
Diplomat

Right-wing Utopia

Postby New Master » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:14 am

Aephony wrote:A. E. "Always efficient!", thanking for help, especially someone native from Aephony as a national pun.

A. E. "Any Era!", Used to mean 'you're welcome', as in 'any day!' but for a big favor.

A. E! "Aeromedical Evacuation!!!" Refers to the use of military transport aircraft to carry wounded Aephi personnel.

A. E. "Automotive Extrication" The process of removing a vehicle from around a person who has been involved in a motor vehicle crash, when conventional means of exit are impossible or inadvisable due to injuries suffered. A delicate approach is needed to minimize injury to the victim during the extrication.

Strange slang but cool i guess...Red Flood vibes, One State, 0101010110010101010...

Comicsland
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Comicsland » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:01 pm

Like i'm under a T-34:
It can expresses a deep state of stress, pain or depression but it can also express just bad mood

It makes reference to the death of President Aureo Muñoz Núñez,who died at the end of the Comicslandian Civil War after being crushed by a T-34.

Example: "How you doin'?"
"I feel like i'm under a T-34 "
Last edited by Comicsland on Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are a socialdemocratic federal country founded in 1898 on the Fiji Islands by Richard Felton Outcalt.After a civil war in the '60s,we became socialdemocratic
I don't like comics as much as it seems to be
Glory to Comicsland, the free and equal homeland of comics
Richard Felton Outlcalt(1898-1936)
Walt Disney (But he was actually kind of bad and it's alter-ego,Balt Wisney,was good)(1936-1942-1958)
Aureo Muñoz Núñez(1958-1968)
Chikushishifu Eggertsdóttir (or Chiku, as everyone called him) (1968-1987)
Mickey Mouse(1999-2015)
I'm trying to write more factbook but i have some difficulties.More factbooks will be coming soon
Canon Policies

New Master
Diplomat

Right-wing Utopia

Postby New Master » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:29 pm

Comicsland wrote:Like i'm under a T-34:
It can expresses a deep state of stress, pain or depression but it can also express just bad mood

It makes reference to the death of President Aureo Muñoz Núñez,who died at the end of the Comicslandian Civil War after being crushed by a T-34.

Example: "How you doin'?"
"I feel like i'm under a T-34 "

Comicsland looks like a good place

Intergalactic Colonization Project
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 04, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Intergalactic Colonization Project » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:39 pm

Sie
A term for Shotgun.

"I'm holding a Sie."
"No Sie allowed!"
The darkest of blues mean the darkest of space.
The lighest of blues mean the hottest of stars.
The darkest of reds mean the firey hell is coming.
The lightest of reds mean the coldest of stars.
The yellows mean the suns.
The greens mean the habitables.
The oranges are the evolving stars.
And that is the Intergalactic Colonization Project.

A Class 1 Civilization according to this index.

We never turn off Analog signals, everyone wants analog to come back, since ICP has colonized existence itself
I live in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Sheizou
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheizou » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:42 pm

kamasoul - slang for deities trapped in sheizou for various crimes
everything is dying again
( I am not sciziophrenic, just in case)
Nation: sheizou
tier: 5
type: 5
class: 2.2

I have actually become an urban legend, that of lonely city rooftops. I have never done heroin, don't do heroin

New Temecula
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 11, 2023

Postby New Temecula » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:47 pm

Maltitalerland wrote:
New Temecula wrote:Tsay! - A derogatory way of saying "Jey!" (Hey!) It is most commonly said to people you don't like.

Oh, Uak and Euak are for like the Inclusive and Exclusive "Us" in some langs

Yes, that's the point. The ostrich government is considering turning them into actual words.
ᨂemecu᱾aᨎᨂemecu᱾aᨎᨂemecu᱾aᨎ
"Hello, peeps and cheeps of NS!"
It's New Temecula here! The famous F7 ostrich-obsessed idiot who makes mediocre art and overdecorated posts!
Do you like my new, modernized signature? Of course you do, it has a cool gradient and has ռօ լатוи снаяастеяֆ բօя аה սոժյ՜ֆכլоֆеժ гפձֆסդ!
NS stats were Altatemese sympethizers from the Altatem Attempt; they were stripped of their rights and thrown in prison!

Greater Marine
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Greater Marine » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:12 pm

Here are a few of the more common colloquial and phrases words in Marinian English:

Hammer - A stressful, infuriating or otherwise soul crushing event (can't mess from the idea of feeling "crushed" or something being "soul crushing").
Example: "Since the kid's come I've never had any sleep. Woke up at 3am today after just 2 hours sleep" "Waking up at 2!? That must have been some hammer."

Fence (verb) - restricted.
Example: "Sorry, I'm really fenced with time right now."

Siempre -(comes from Spanish for 'always') A long time / for a long time
Example: "That was Siempre, but I'm done now. What do you want from me?"

Chiffre -(comes from French word for cipher) Something confusing
Example: "How are you getting on with your puzzle?" "A bit of a Chiffre, but I'll be able to solve it"

AWOL -Inexplicably gone missing
Example: "Great. Now that the contractor's AWOL, the bathroom will never be done!"

National - A patriot
Example: "Sure, I genuinely believe the President's a real national, but he's not the kind I am."

Coup -A success or personal achievement
Example: "Congratulations on your new job at the bank!" "Yeah, that's some coup."

to numbers/to the numbers -The reality of a situation vs how it is though of as.
Example: "Let's face it, when it comes down to numbers, there's nothing to show for it."

Jumping -(from phrase 'jumping with joy') - Really happy
Example: "I was feeling down yesterday, but now I've heard the news, I'm jumping."

Tin for steel -Overpriced/Overhyped
Example: "What? $20 for a roll of toilet paper! That's tin for steel."

Paper -Money
Example "How much was that camera?" "M$10,000" "Wow, that's a lot of paper!"

Auto -(Comes from German for car) car
Example: "Let's take the new auto for a spin."
Last edited by Greater Marine on Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Republic of Greater Marine
La Republique Marinienne|La Gran Republica Marina
United we stand, United we conquer
Radio Eldorado 1:
MNS Constitution to do combat patrols in Red Sea following Houthi Attacks| Greater Marine sends first F-16s to Ukraine |White Christmas in Greater Marine as snow falls in Eldorado |Jameson reiterates call for ceasefire in Gaza war, says “this is no time for war. It is a time for diplomacy.” |BREAKING: Astronaut Jessica Alvarado becomes first Marinian on lunar surface| Greater Marine and ISO launch manned moon landing| ISO founded by Greater Marine and CSL| Greater Marine evacuating citizens of Shieldstan due to nuclear launch fear| President puts nuclear forces on standby|
Factbooks |Embassies |International Declaration on Human Rights

Spandon
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Spandon » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 pm

"Jiviga!" (pronounced "jee-VEE-gah")

It's a versatile word that can be used in many ways depending on the context, but generally conveys a sense of excitement, enthusiasm, or approval. For example:

• "Jiviga, that concert was amazing!"
  • "I can't believe we won the championship! Jiviga!"
  • "Hey, do you want to go out for pizza tonight?" "Jiviga, sounds great!"
Last edited by Spandon on Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Through discipline and determination, we will conquer all obstacles and triumph over our enemies. For glory and honor, Imperator Rasus leads us to victory!

New Master
Diplomat

Right-wing Utopia

Postby New Master » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:49 am

UPDATE

Prime: "Well, that's just Prime." means something good.

Spacias
Secretary

Founded: Apr 12, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Spacias » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:10 am

Dé = spanish Spacias colonizer. "That Dé is born in 1955 and died in 1987."
Kłek = clothes. Example: "I like some kłek."
Nick = as in Professor Nick of the 2006 Space Championship Leagues, or as a replacement for bad words. Example: "What the Nick!"
Outside space - even that! :)
Two reasons why I changed my name to Spacias instead:
  • Spacia is taken
  • By an ex-nation
NS Stats will be real when the year reaches 3000.

Clintia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Clintia » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:33 am

Our Slang.

Cappy/Cappie = Capitalist
Faccie/Schutt=Facist
Ciggo=Cigarette
Miniflame=Lighter
Workee=Working Class Person
Wealtee=Wealth Class Person
Hoogly googly revolution overy

Also we are just the South of our original self now

Evolian Glevum
Secretary

Founded: Apr 15, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Evolian Glevum » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:01 am

Tarquin- A posh person.
"Mate, you're such a Tarquin, you've read all of Julius Evola and none of
Urban dictionary".

Emperor Nerva- A self-important person
"E's a regular Emperor Nerva"

Gavvers (singular Gavver)-
Police officers, the police.
"It's the gavvers, scram!"
From Romany Garav (to hide)

Billlies- An affectionate term for the civilian police, after Sir William Smith, Prime Minister from
1813-1821,
(the Civil Police Act of 1817 established the Glevum City Police, taking over routine patrols and crowd control from the Hussars and later establishing a detective branch in 1822).
"We need more billies on the beat".

Bill's bastards-
Derogatory term for the police after Sir William Smith, Prime Minister from
1813-1821,
(the Civil Police Act of 1817 established the Glevum City Police, taking over routine patrols and crowd control from the Hussars and later establishing a detective branch in 1822).
"Bill's bastards killed 15 lads from this estate last week.
F__k em!"

Centurion (plural centurions)
1.A police Sergeant or Inspector.
"The Centurion down at the station always blames me for sh_t, they should blame socie'y instead.
Bastards!"
A riot police officer
(usually in plural).
"Get em, lads! Get at the centurions!"

Chav- A member of a predominantly white criminal subculture
"Good fishing, Constable, look at the bloody chav!"

Roadman (plural roadmen)- A member of a predominantly black criminal subculture.
"When the roadmen killed my son, the gavvers didn't do nothing, yet they're always round 'ere looking for chavs".

Tigress (pronounced Tigris)- An attractive female redhead
"look at that tigress over there, mate!"

Pearl (black or Asian youth culture)- An attractive white woman.
"Man, look at that pearl!"

Tigress kitten- A young attractive redheaded woman.
"Man, you like that tigress kitten over there? She's only eighteen years old..."

Ebony kitten-
An attractive young black woman.
"she's an ebony kitten, ain't she?"

Mensch- An attractive man.
"Becky, Julius is such a mensch!"

Aryan mensch (controversial)- An attractive white man
"No offence but I kinda prefer that Aryan mensch look"
Ebony mensch-
An attractive black man.
"Mum, don't act like you've never had a crush on an ebony mensch?"
Mensch Mughal- An attractive South Asian man.
"Becky, Ahmed is such a mensch Mughal!"

Tiger- An attractive redheaded man.
"I quite like a tiger"
Gender traitor- A butch woman,
copied from the Handmaids' Tale.
"Daughter, Just because you're a lesbian, doesn't mean you have to be a gender traitor"
Last edited by Evolian Glevum on Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Does not represent my views.
News:
- Black people, Asian women and poor white men less likely to join police.
- Gujarati men overrepresented as police officers.
- Trainers from Bosnia replaced with people who served in the South African Police from 1986 to 1994.

Nue Cascadia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 27, 2022
Anarchy

Postby Nue Cascadia » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:09 am

"The Nation of Before."

A neutral term used to describe the United States. Used to prevent reliving past memories that have traumatized many citizens.

Roll On, Columbia
"I can't seem to get over her, dad"
"Roll on, Columbia".
A term referencing the song Roll on Columbia by Woody Guthrie, which became its own patriotic song. It means to move on from past events.

Aftershire
"In what we give upon Aftershire, we bring upon a shining truth. Liberty at threat, we rise to defend."
Aftershire was originally the codeword for the Capital City of Cascadia during the revolution, and has since been leaked to civilian tongues.
Great Cascadia, The Land That I Hold Dear!
The Beacon of Liberty across Nue America.
President Nathan Connors Welcomes you to The Great Pacific Northwest!
I don’t use NS Stats. Everything is dictated via the factbooks or told here.

CascadiaNow! BREAKING: As the “Day of endless cheer” raises 600,000 Cascades, Government announces the biggest present of all: CASCADIA HAS OFFICIALLY REPORTED NET ZERO CARBON EMISSIONS IN ITS ECONOMY! WE ARE OFFICIALLY CARBON NEUTRAL!| With the help of Charities and businesses, 64% of Cascadia's forests are now restored, announces Salem | The Pacifica Free Trade Agreement, an FTA between Cascadia, California and other Asian Nations, announces new members: Singapore and South Korea. Rumors speculate Malaysia and Thailand might join.

Burikinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 09, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Burikinia » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:08 pm

Can-To injure someone (Usually involving empty soda cans).
"Yo, that guy over there just said that black tea is ass!"
"Can that guy!"

Subs-A train station
"The nearest subs is Imperial Lane. Just walk to that store and turn left."

Ding!-Yes
"Did you eat my chocolate bar?"
"Ding!"

Yandie-An extremely possessive person.
"Yo, should I propose to Ann?"
"I wouldn't recommend it; she's a Yandie, set on John."

Rocky Road-A Dilemma.
"Tim, I'm on a rocky road now. Should I date Selena or Julie?"
"You can date me, Jayden."

Top Oner-A rich person.
"I want to be friends with him, but he's a top oner. What should I do?"

Pump It Up-Be cheerful, happy.
"Why are you so sad? Pump it up! Let's go to the pub today!"
"Dude, I sold off my home."

Dicker-A stupid person.
"You sold off your bracelet for a pen? Oh, you dicker!"

Southie-Something that has failed.
"Stadia's a southie, huh..."

SKBO-Extremely Patriotic (Stand(For the flag),Kneel(For the coat of arms), Bend Over(For Anto Kertajaya, the femboy president.)
"There's a SKBO conference in the right."
Last edited by Burikinia on Sun May 21, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Burikinian Embassy Program
Get Started on Burikinia
*Disclaimer: Almost all products mentioned by this user are Fictional.

United cacti of Estaban
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 02, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United cacti of Estaban » Sat May 27, 2023 10:38 am

Run - Oftentimes used colloquially to mean to start or to do, or used as a replacement for another verb. EX. "Run (print) those documents for me"
Wash - The name of a specific youth subculture popular in Saguaro and Cereus, based around fashion, skateboarding, and intellectual pursuits EX. "Why the hell is that kid skateboarding and reading Hegel?" "He's Wash. They're weird."
On the plateau - Used to denote a state of hardship, frustration, or lack of progress EX. "Today I've fallen down the stairs, missed my train, didn't eat lunch, and now I have 40 emails to reply to. I'm on the plateau".
Beacher - A pejorative for tourists who only come to the UCE for the beaches and refuse to participate in any Estabanian culture Ex. " I just saw a kid throw a plate of memisetes qos (Estabanian steamed rice) because he wanted chicken tenders instead" "God I hate beachers"
Yarg - The Estabanian version of "ugh" or "arghh"EX. "Sorry but I can't go surfing with you today" "Yarg"
United Cacti of Estaban
"For the cactus,we thank"

Bigpipstan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Bigpipstan » Sat May 27, 2023 10:39 pm

The usage of slag words isn't that common in the culture of Anocratic empire, when compared to real life countries but they do have few notable ones.
Rimmer A word that can be used to refer to colonial settlers
Mud pony A derogatory slang that can be used for earth ponies
Rondash A slag used to describe a person who is fast while being silly.
Warg A slang for wolf
Anocratic empire is a My little pony X Rimworld nation. Neo-Harmonist Semi constitutional monarchy with a voucher economy. canon population is 3,661,347,186. Doesn't use NS stats anymore. Our TF storefront, Acrab news, RP region, Tales 1, Tales 2.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information