NATION

PASSWORD

Your nation's stance on feminism

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yasashii
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Yasashii » Fri May 28, 2010 6:29 pm

The government of Yasashii maintains no official stance on feminism.The status of women in Yasashii has never been a real issue, as women and men have always enjoyed equal status in society. The vast majority of citizens have no real concept of gender/sexual roles and the resulting inequality. It's simply not in Yasashii's culture, which views all members of family, government, business, and society in general as equal, productive individuals. Neither sex took the role of bread-winner or home-maker and kept it as their own. There has been no need for either sex to seek increased rights, protections, or representation vis-a-vis the other. As such, feminism is a foreign concept.

There are small feminist and masculist groups who usually complain that the other sex has somehow managed to gain an advantage over the other, though they are often comprised of foreigners who have not yet fully embraced, or managed to understand, Yasashii's culture and outlook on life.

Kayliea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kayliea » Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 pm

i like how in the feminist thread it's all men commenting on female superiority while other nations proudly oppress their women and nothing is said. men are so very concerned with equality :lol2:
Last edited by Kayliea on Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ausgebombt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausgebombt » Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Kayliea wrote:i like how in the feminist thread it's all men commenting on female superiority while other nations proudly oppress their women and nothing is said. men are so very concerned with equality :lol2:

We don't discriminate.

Boy corpses, girl corpses, all of them smell the same when they get tossed into furnaces.
Last edited by Ausgebombt on Fri May 28, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ausgebombt Factbook!
Maurepas wrote:I'd feel little less Anti-American-Marixist, if I felt America was worth a damn thing anymore.

".223 body penetration before you hit the ground."
-Ausgebombt Proverb.

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri May 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Kayliea wrote:i like how in the feminist thread it's all men commenting on female superiority while other nations proudly oppress their women and nothing is said. men are so very concerned with equality :lol2:

It asks us our opinions on it. Since the majority of nations here basically say, "Meh, supportive of or no need for it since there has always been equality." yours stuck out. Don't think much about it. Besides, I don't deal with women-oppressing nations- just like I don't with men-oppressing nations. :p

Ostafrika (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostafrika (Ancient) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Any man worth his salt is concerned with ensuring the women of his country are properly placed within society, and not somehow stopped by ludicrous laws from doing what they must.

Nobody here is oppressed based on gender, thank you very much. The stupidity of this is appalling.

- His Imperial & Royal Highness the Archduke Leopold Ludwig Ortwin of the House of Hohenzollern
In MT/PMT: The Archduchy of Ostafrika

In Steampunk: The Archduchy of Ostafrika

Ruler: His Imperial & Royal Highness the Archduke Leopold Ludwig Ortwin of the House of Hohenzollern

Ausgebombt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausgebombt » Fri May 28, 2010 6:37 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Ausgebombt wrote:

We don't discriminate.

Boy corpses, girl corpses, all of them smell the same when they get tossed into furnaces.

Maybe for unwashed barbarians, but here in Nicksyllvania men and women bathe regularily and apply cologne and perfume.

Send us your corpses, we always wondered how good cologned and perfumed bodies burn.
Ausgebombt Factbook!
Maurepas wrote:I'd feel little less Anti-American-Marixist, if I felt America was worth a damn thing anymore.

".223 body penetration before you hit the ground."
-Ausgebombt Proverb.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Fri May 28, 2010 6:37 pm

We have no feminism; women already have equal rights to men.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Joyous Zeltros
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Joyous Zeltros » Fri May 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Recognising that feminism is the belief that women should be equal to men, I suppose you could say either that we're all feminists, or that feminism 'won' a long time ago and no longer serves much purpose as a cause to pursue, though the ideal itself remains valuable.

We urge others to recognise that feminism is not a belief in female superiority, and is not a dirty word. We urge others to give their people equality. And that applies to those who oppress men or women.

-King Temaas and Queen Liasa of Zeltros
"One Zeltron is the life of the party; on Zeltros, life is the party!"
"A lot of people don't seem to understand us. There is no devious ulterior motive. We want you to be happy, because we're happier if you are."
Factbook, Embassy Thread & Your Citizen... on Zeltros
"All Zeltrons are obsessed with romance. When they cannot love, they fight. Both are sports to them. Coupled with their love of gambling, it makes one Zeltron in the grip of enthusiasm a formidable enemy. A pack of adolescents is virtually a force of nature." ―Lumiya
Joyous Zeltros: We Love Everybody. Passionately and in multiple positions.

The filthy
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The filthy » Fri May 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Because our nation is so gosh darn weirdly beyond anything recogniseable in terms of anything that could come out of camille paglia's strange little mind, we don't really know where feminism would fit in, Genderqueerism rules!

Old Beringia
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Fri May 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Kayliea wrote:
E Fluxembourg wrote:official stance :girls rule boys work

very good. kayliea agrees.

Women ruling are illogical. Women are soft. Hence the root word of feminist, feminine, which in turn means gentle, sensitive, just damn soft. Sure one comes along every once in a while and does a damn good job of it but that is a rare occurrence and cannot represent women as a whole.
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

Oppressive Fun
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppressive Fun » Fri May 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Oppressive Fun frowns on (a phrase which here means "systematically hunts down and executes") feminists, because they support women's rights, and no one is allowed to have rights.
Except me, of course, but I'm above all of you mortals.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Fri May 28, 2010 6:54 pm

We have total equality between the sexes, and the overwhelming massive majority believe in this equality. We do have those fringe male-superiority and female-superiority groups, but they are tiny.
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

Kayliea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kayliea » Fri May 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:

Women ruling are illogical. Women are soft. Hence the root word of feminist, feminine, which in turn means gentle, sensitive, just damn soft. Sure one comes along every once in a while and does a damn good job of it but that is a rare occurrence and cannot represent women as a whole.

sexist nonsense!

Ostafrika (Ancient)
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostafrika (Ancient) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Kayliea wrote:sexist nonsense!

No more so than women ruling over men. Sexist nonsense is pronouncing one gender's superiority against the other, which is outright foolishness.

- His Imperial & Royal Highness the Archduke Leopold Ludwig Ortwin of the House of Hohenzollern

Ruler: His Imperial & Royal Highness the Archduke Leopold Ludwig Ortwin of the House of Hohenzollern

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Fri May 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Kayliea wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:

sexist nonsense!

We find your nation to be just as sexist.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Right-Wing-Extremists
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Right-Wing-Extremists » Fri May 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Women have no rights in my country. they are looked down upon and ruled by men

Ginger Heat
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ginger Heat » Fri May 28, 2010 7:00 pm

All suspected of feminism are arrested by the thought police and executed on tape, then the tape is mailed to all relatives of the deceased.

Actually, that just happens to the majority of citizens anyways.

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri May 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Right-Wing-Extremists wrote:Women have no rights in my country. they are looked down upon and ruled by men

You and Kayliea are two sides of the same coin; both are pathetic. The Holy Marsh condemns your policies as well.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Fri May 28, 2010 7:07 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Kayliea wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:

sexist nonsense!

Then I propose that we settle this in the bedroom, then we'll show you who's on top!

Fuck... the innuendo...
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Ostafrika (Ancient)
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostafrika (Ancient) » Fri May 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Orlkjestad wrote:Fuck... the innuendo...

I did not see any innuendo. In fact I thought it was all quite blunt.

American MapleStory
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby American MapleStory » Fri May 28, 2010 7:11 pm

We never really had an issue with sexism. However we do have the 1948 Civil Rights Acts of Public Conveyance that covers this, including all the amendments adjusting this in the 1970's.
Largest Metropolitans In ROM
Henesys
Leafre
Ludi
Perion
Kerning City
Ellinia
Lith Harbor
Nautilius
Ariant
Magatia
El Nath
Rien
Ereve
New Leaf City
Crimsonwood Keep
Orbis
Oros
Cras
Kokonia
Moonplace

DEFCON: 5 4 3 2 1 0
Economic Left/Right: +8.77
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +3.67

The Harrowlands
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Harrowlands » Fri May 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Women are generally given equal rights - that said, our society is very male-dominated, but that is just our culture.
Feminism, however, is regarded with distaste, by males and females alike. It is seen as a thing only revolutionaries and female supremacists subscribe to...
Puppet of Chelta.

Old Beringia
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Fri May 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Kayliea wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:

sexist nonsense!

No my blind emasculated friend this is true. A government dominated by women is about as stable as Feudal Europe
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

Kayliea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kayliea » Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:

sexist nonsense!

No my blind emasculated friend this is true. A government dominated by women is about as stable as Feudal Europe

prove it. all i hear is patriarchal nonsense.

The filthy
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The filthy » Fri May 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:
Kayliea wrote:

sexist nonsense!

Which was ruled by men :p

Haven't you heard, everyone's retarded, and I don't mind whether the retarded psychopaths (Hitler, Thatcher, Stalin, Meir, Bush) have cocks or not

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information