NATION

PASSWORD

Q&A About Boldonia and Puppets

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Independent Republic of Boldonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Q&A About Boldonia and Puppets

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:29 pm

In this thread you may ask questions about the following nations:
Boldonia's Version of Brasilistan
The NAC
Aswell as any of my nations in Puppets of Boldonia

I find it easier to create world building when I am asked questions about it, so here it is I am reviving this old thread. Although in all actuality I am definitely sure it is going to die again.
Last edited by Independent Republic of Boldonia on Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Portal to Boldonia
BNBS News: The News of Boldonia
NS Stats and Policies Are Not Canon | ffs stop asking about the flag on the question ask AU thread please

Crimson Tree
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Tree » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:32 pm

So you acknowledge the existence of multiversal entities. What's your stance on inter-dimensional politics?
Error: Unable to establish multiversal link.

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:38 pm

Crimson Tree wrote:So you acknowledge the existence of multiversal entities. What's your stance on inter-dimensional politics?

Previously our stance was to not get involved, but soon we realized that we would have no choice but to if we wanted to survive. There are many rude nations out in the wide multiverse, even not counting the multiversal empires and corporations there are still plenty of folks who would like to destroy us. As such we have deemed it necessary to support those fighting against those who seek to destroy us, as not only the IRB, but our universe as a whole.
- Zach Henry, Department of Multiversal Affairs
Portal to Boldonia
NS Stats and Policies Are Not Canon | ffs stop asking about the flag on the question ask AU thread please

Crimson Tree
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Tree » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:47 pm

Well Crimson Tree is well-versed in multiversal affairs, so you can ask us any time for advice.
Error: Unable to establish multiversal link.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:49 pm

1. Which department will inherit the Department of Culture's functions after this question-and-answer session?
2. Why was it believed most appropriate to organise this session under the aegis of the Department of Culture, rather than its predecessor post-dissolution department(s)?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Tinhampton wrote:1. Which department will inherit the Department of Culture's functions after this question-and-answer session?
2. Why was it believed most appropriate to organise this session under the aegis of the Department of Culture, rather than its predecessor post-dissolution department(s)?

1. The Department of Tourism will take over all affairs that the Department of Culture had control over, Boldonia didn't really need a Department of Culture anyway, and the Department of Tourism has arguably told more about Boldonian society than the Department of Culture ever could.
2. The Department of Culture is still technically still active, but not really. The thing you have to understand is Boldonia doesn't really have a culture, it was founded too late to really grow one. So the Department of Culture had no use besides writing factbooks, but now that the Department of Tourism is writing them we have no use for a Department of Culture anymore. I guess we just wanted to make the Secretary of Culture feel important for one last time before he was demoted.
- Rachel Williams, Department of Tourism
Portal to Boldonia

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:48 am

Huh, what's this... Q/A? Oh right, the DOC had this before they went caput! Or it wouldn't have mattered anyway, considering nobody out in the wide multiverse was curious enough to ask anything. There might still be some potential in this, so I'll broadcast out again. Hopefully now that it's under the Department of Tourism it'll get more traffic... or not.
- Rachel Williams, Department of Tourism
Portal to Boldonia

Kingdom of Intermaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Intermaria » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:46 am

So, I got a question; How are you realistic, and how can you be one?
Republik Federasi ouf Aituia Since 1700s
Come live in Aituia - thousands of opportunities and sites you can visit!
||TV-N4|||  Kaw Time: 8:36 AM |  Rover Time: 3:36 AM |  Take a break at Coldhart Donuts! Eat now! |  Want a fast internet connection free for 5 months, with 7.2 GB load? Buy our freebie coupons which only costs 1 Astardia Unit! Come buy now. |  29° Cloudy in Kaw. |
OoC Scrolly | My Forum Name: Mauser | Account age: Less than a year. | Pronouns: NotHuman/NotHuman (I'm trolling with ya) | Other accounts outside of NS: Roblox PC

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:51 am

Kingdom of Intermaria wrote:So, I got a question; How are you realistic, and how can you be one?

OOC: Mostly it's realistic because I set it up to be a place first, nation latter. I made sure there were no real changes to anything major, such as history, world powers, etc. Boldonia's existence doesn't create new nations or destroy them, except for those explicitly created for Boldonia on new lands that don't exist IRL, such as Boldonia itself or Brasilistan. I also don't quite understand your second question, what do you mean by "how can you be one?"
Portal to Boldonia

Kingdom of Intermaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Intermaria » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:55 am

Independent Republic of Boldonia wrote:
Kingdom of Intermaria wrote:So, I got a question; How are you realistic, and how can you be one?

OOC: Mostly it's realistic because I set it up to be a place first, nation latter. I made sure there were no real changes to anything major, such as history, world powers, etc. Boldonia's existence doesn't create new nations or destroy them, except for those explicitly created for Boldonia on new lands that don't exist IRL, such as Boldonia itself or Brasilistan. I also don't quite understand your second question, what do you mean by "how can you be one?"

( I apologize for double-posting)
What I meant by "[...], [and] how can you be one?" is, how can I be realistic, and how much work will it take? I know it could take an extreme/large amount of time to create fucktons of lore and stories, but I think I got the mindset to do it.
Republik Federasi ouf Aituia Since 1700s
Come live in Aituia - thousands of opportunities and sites you can visit!
||TV-N4|||  Kaw Time: 8:36 AM |  Rover Time: 3:36 AM |  Take a break at Coldhart Donuts! Eat now! |  Want a fast internet connection free for 5 months, with 7.2 GB load? Buy our freebie coupons which only costs 1 Astardia Unit! Come buy now. |  29° Cloudy in Kaw. |
OoC Scrolly | My Forum Name: Mauser | Account age: Less than a year. | Pronouns: NotHuman/NotHuman (I'm trolling with ya) | Other accounts outside of NS: Roblox PC

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:02 am

Kingdom of Intermaria wrote:
Independent Republic of Boldonia wrote:OOC: Mostly it's realistic because I set it up to be a place first, nation latter. I made sure there were no real changes to anything major, such as history, world powers, etc. Boldonia's existence doesn't create new nations or destroy them, except for those explicitly created for Boldonia on new lands that don't exist IRL, such as Boldonia itself or Brasilistan. I also don't quite understand your second question, what do you mean by "how can you be one?"

( I apologize for double-posting)
What I meant by "[...], [and] how can you be one?" is, how can I be realistic, and how much work will it take? I know it could take an extreme/large amount of time to create fucktons of lore and stories, but I think I got the mindset to do it.

I can't really give a lot of tips, but if Intermaria/Aituia is on a planet that isn't Earth I can't be of much help. If it is on Earth then look at the real history of where your place is and try and mimic it or insert your nation into it in a way. But I'm not a really good guide in this subject. Anyways thank you for coming to my Q/A!
Portal to Boldonia

Seorabeol Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:15 am

To: The Boldonian Department of Tourism
Encryption: Low

I'm Yoon Ye-eun, a reporter for a broadcasting station called HTN.

Boldonia and the United States seem to have a very close and close relationship. The two countries are likely to have close economic ties as they border each other.

I will ask a question to the relevant public official who will check this email. Does NAFTA(North American Free Trade Agreement) exist in Boldonia's world? If NAFTA exists, is Boldonia also a member of NAFTA? And I want to ask you about Boldonia's position on free trade within North America and around the world.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Founder & Member of PESTO
NS statistics are not standard. It's for reference.
SBC: brief news
The latest news

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:22 am

Seorabeol Federation wrote:

To: The Boldonian Department of Tourism
Encryption: Low

I'm Yoon Ye-eun, a reporter for a broadcasting station called HTN.

Boldonia and the United States seem to have a very close and close relationship. The two countries are likely to have close economic ties as they border each other.

I will ask a question to the relevant public official who will check this email. Does NAFTA(North American Free Trade Agreement) exist in Boldonia's world? If NAFTA exists, is Boldonia also a member of NAFTA? And I want to ask you about Boldonia's position on free trade within North America and around the world.

Hello, first off we don't actually border the US, we're only a few miles east of Guam. And we are already setting up for NAFTA, we should be accepted by November if things go well. American citizens can already get in our country without the need for a visa, similar to the EU, because most Boldonians couldn't be bothered to switch their American passports to a new Boldonia one, so free trade with not just the US, but democratic nations as a whole is vital for us.
- Craig Nelson, Department of Trade
Portal to Boldonia

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:21 am

The Imperial government was recently mortified to learn that the Independent Republic of Boldonia was somewhat suspicious toward the Empire of Tangatarehua, especially given that we hold your nation in relatively high regard and share a common heritage as Polynesian nations.

We would therefore seek to enquire what can be done to improve diplomatic relations and our diplomatic standing and indeed to better understand your nation's foreign policy and the values by which it judges its international partners.
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:53 am

Tangatarehua wrote:
The Imperial government was recently mortified to learn that the Independent Republic of Boldonia was somewhat suspicious toward the Empire of Tangatarehua, especially given that we hold your nation in relatively high regard and share a common heritage as Polynesian nations.

We would therefore seek to enquire what can be done to improve diplomatic relations and our diplomatic standing and indeed to better understand your nation's foreign policy and the values by which it judges its international partners.

The problem we have is that your nation is a theocratic feudal empire based on class systems. This is not something that the IRB supports, and thus we are suspicious that your system could be a gateway to several undesirable systems, such as facism or lead to communist revolution. And aswell, while we are a Pacific nation, make no mistake we are not a Polynesian nation. All of then were either killed or driven out by the Spanish. A good first step would be to set up an embassy to begin with, but in the long run you should look to be less imperial and less theocratic.
- Susan Jefferson, Department of State
Portal to Boldonia

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:34 am

OOC: I originally didn't want to reply in this thread because I didn't want to hijack your Q&A thread with back and forth dialogue but in lieu of a better place for such a post, here is a response to both the above post as well as some of the things said in F7.

STATEMENT BY THE MOST HONOURABLE RANGATIRA, REGARDING DECLINING RELATIONS BETWEEN BOLDONIA AND TANGATAREHUA

Honourable Susan Jefferson,

I humbly thank you for your reply to the enquiry originally lodged by a subordinate at the Office of External Affairs and I sincerely hope this missive finds you well.

As I have no doubt that you are aware, the relationship between our two nations has suffered a significant decline and I wish to reach out to you in good faith and respect with the hope that a positive, frank and fact-based dialogue may reverse this trend and end this diplomatic spat.

I would like to present to you a timeline of events as seen by the imperial government, followed by a number of corrections in which you or representatives of your nation have released statements that are either factually untrue or simply misguided, followed by some suggestions on how we can improve this situation and resume diplomatic normalcy.

Our first contact came in the form of a surprise statement by your government of your nation's suspicious stance toward our peaceful empire and as you're aware we submitted an inquiry asking for elucidation on this before we took the step of sending a formal diplomatic mission.

The reply we received was deeply offensive and made a series of allegations about our nation that had no basis in fact whatsoever, and yet were used as grounds by which to condemn our nation.

As such, my Secretary of External Affairs, the Honourable Tipene Kahurangi Patariki, took the decision not to proceed with plans to establish an embassy in Tangatarehua in light of your statement. He also stated that the relationship between our nations was negative - which I think you can agree is now an accurate statement. His choice of words was less diplomatic than I would have liked, however this reflects a genuine feeling among the Rehuan public regarding your statement: That it revealed the ignorance and arrogance of your nation.

This was followed by a further escalation from your side in which you falsely accused Tangatarehua of having a 'hostile' policy or of being 'your enemy' which is absolutely and categorically untrue. Our relationship was and unfortunately is negative but it is not hostile - open hostility is a violation of Tangatarehua's pacifist constitution.

At the crux of this diplomatic spat is the fact that not only was your nation willing to harshly criticise our nation despite our good intentions, it did so based on inaccurate information.

I would like to make the following corrections regarding your original statement:

1. Our empire is not a theocracy. Article 3, Section 6, Clause II of our constitution guarantees freedom of religion. There is an established traditional religion - it is practiced by an estimated 3% of the population. An established church is not a theocracy. Tangatarehua is in actuality an extremely secular nation.

2. Article 3, Section 8 explicitly bans fascism. To accuse us of being likely to turn to fascism is deeply offensive, especially when since 1979 our nation has been vocally anti-fascist. Communism is also technically illegal under this clause, which bans political extremism.

3. Our economic system is designed to encompass tradition and modernity and so yes, the Rehuan model of capitalism contains aspects of feudalism but it also contains aspects of corporatism and social democracy, leading to high economic growth and low income inequality. We will not apologise for maintaining our culture or traditions but we recommend viewing through a factual lens rather than a quixotic idealistic one.

4. We are not imperialistic and take EXTREME offence at this statement. Tangatarehua renounced all its imperial ambitions in 1979 and even renounced its right to declare war and disbanded its military to show its genuine commitment to anti-imperialism and colonialism. To be accused of being 'imperial' by a nation who itself could accurately be described as imperial, given that it's descended from genocidal colonisers, is not only the height of hypocrisy but it flies in the face of everything that we are.

5. Although you have not made any statement regarding this, I think it is worth reiterating: Tangatarehua is a democratic nation. We have free and fair elections every three years, with the last election occurring on October 15th 2021 under full scrutiny of the media and international observers. There is a constitutional diarchy in place, but this is perfectly normal among a host of democratic nations and I do not understand why we should be singled out for unfair and unjust criticism.

A diplomatic relationship must be founded on a basis of facts and mutual respect - but your nation has failed to do either and so our diplomatic relationship has turned sour.

Your nation has continued to escalate its rhetoric against us and make belligerent statements against us all based on what I hope is a simple misunderstanding.

Your diplomats seem oblivious to international diplomatic norms, offering criticisms about topics they know nothing about and using inflammatory language or terminology that I'm not sure they understand. Though word choice may be subtle, in diplomacy it can lead to severe consequences.

This is not a threat as Tangatarehua seeks no quarrel or enmity with the Independent Republic of Boldonia - it is a warning that if your nation continues to conduct diplomacy this way then other nations may not be so magnanimous.

Finally, I wish to reiterate that the Empire of Tangatarehua remains open to the possibility of fruitful and harmonious diplomatic relationship - but only if such a relationship is built on the foundation of facts and mutual respect that I talked about. If your nation continues to make rogue and escalatory statements then we risk continuing on a path toward open hostility and I firmly believe neither nation wants that.

We are both island nations who value peace, freedom and democracy - therefore we should not be at odds but be striving toward partnership based on shared values. I believe the future can be positive but only if your nation learns how to properly conduct itself in the international community and learns the importance of thinking and doing research before one releases an inflammatory statement.

In the name of the Empress,

Te Rata Te Rongomau
Most Honourable Rangatira of the Empire of Tangatarehua

He pono taku korero
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:49 am

Tangatarehua wrote:-cutting it down to save space-

OOC: Can we both agree that this is just a tiny IC scuffle between our two nations. I hope you do not wish to see this become an OOC disagreement because I don't want it to.

At this point, keeping friendly relations is out of the question. However if both our nations agree to just put this behind us and forget about each other, I think we can de-escalate things. Total neutrality, no alliances and no hostilities, can we at least agree to this?
- Secretary of State Alina Ivanovich
Last edited by Independent Republic of Boldonia on Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Portal to Boldonia

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:35 pm

Independent Republic of Boldonia wrote:
Tangatarehua wrote:-cutting it down to save space-

OOC: Can we both agree that this is just a tiny IC scuffle between our two nations. I hope you do not wish to see this become an OOC disagreement because I don't want it to.

OOC: I can assure you this is 100% in character - this nation represents very little of me as a person. I don't know you as a person but you seem like a pretty decent roleplayer so please don't be concerned about that. I delineate very strongly between me the player and the characters I roleplay as.

At this point, keeping friendly relations is out of the question. However if both our nations agree to just put this behind us and forget about each other, I think we can de-escalate things. Total neutrality, no alliances and no hostilities, can we at least agree to this?
- Secretary of State Alina Ivanovich[/quote]

Honourable Alina Ivanovich,

Thank you for your response.

Tangatarehua is a neutral country and as such these terms are fine by default. We do not enter alliances and we do not engage in hostility unless provoked directly.

Whilst I agree that 'friendly' relations is likely out of the question, I would still recommend maintaining a dialogue through formal diplomatic channels in order to establish a greater cross-cultural understanding and ensure that any conflict can be de-escalated quickly by professional diplomats.

I would also recommend considering the possibility of a non-aggression pact as a means to ensure peace of mind for both sides. If you seek no quarrel with us, we seek none with you.

Tipene Kahurangi Patariki
Secretary of External Affairs

18 March 2024

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:37 am

3 2 1 Clear, 3 2 1 Clear

I'm reviving the thread just to see if there is still enough interest in it.
Portal to Boldonia

Ambassador

Postby Independent Republic of Boldonia » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 pm

Reviving thread yet again. Now you aren't limited to just asking about Boldonia but now you may ask about all of my puppets.
Portal to Boldonia

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information