NATION

PASSWORD

If YN held the Olympics, where would it be?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:36 pm

The last time Olwe hosted an Olympics it was in Atalante, a city in the northeastern portion of the Olwe Prime continent.
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

Aionios Rhomania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Aionios Rhomania » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:40 pm

Whenever we gold an Olympic game it takes place in Constantinople, has been that way since the games were reintroduced.
Year: 1479 ♦ Emperor: Basileús Rhōmānos Melissēnos Palaiológos ♦ Government: Bureaucratic Republican Absolute Monarchy

November, 1479: An embassy from Ethiopia reaches Constantinople, seeking a formal alliance with the Roman Empire. The primary focus of being against the Mamluks which rest between them and the Muslim states around the Horn of Africa.

Gardelrya
Attaché

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gardelrya » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:40 pm

Oskargard would definitely host it, it's the most populous city by far, and the capital city
Member of LITA
Member of ICDN
does not use NS stats
Embassy Program

Cosnicu
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosnicu » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:53 am

Cosnicu, if it hosted the olympics, probably wouldnt host them in any one city. Instead, It would probably build a boyant sports complex roughly in the center of its territory and host it there.
"that nation would probably be violent" (looks at cosnicu's pacisivism score)
"that nation is right wing" (looks at Cosnicu's form of governance)
"that nation looks like its straight out of a comic book" (Olkay. this one is technichally right, but i didnt recognize it at first)
"that nation is a corrupt dictatorship" (looks at Cosnicu's political freedom and integrity scores)
"that nation is scientifically advanced" (finally)
...just the typical day on forum 7

Junatia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Junatia » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:30 pm

Probaly June, Dusk, Dawn, New Destiny, La Paz, Falls City, Dylan, Summer City, Pineville, Grand Ports or The Arc
rlw dam pmbemmr zaol f, s mlnabjog dyjvlrd eezws
News: Vegans kept protesting so i supported equality by legalizing cannibalism #EqualityForEverybody
All Policies except Military Conscription, No Prison are canon
pronounce: d͡ʒuːneɪʃɑ
Junatia mostly represents my rl views

Gothian Crimea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gothian Crimea » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:49 pm

Apparently Orleans, Aquitinia, as everyone seems to like going there already.
Come out, the WA has passed a resolution. Actions will be taken to bring your nation into compliance.
I HATE THE ANTICHIRST I HATE THE ANTICHRIST I HATE THE ANTICHRIST I HATE THE ANTICHRIST
Gothian Embassy | Cygnus Arms Selling guns, or producing yours | D~Koi Selling decoy holograms, combat holograms, and both at the same time
I have many other nations. I treat this like a hub nation, so generally they will have Gothian Crimea in their sig | Say NO to NS stats

Novosejia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 14, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Novosejia » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:58 am

As of now? It'll be held near our provisional capital of Guamrail, why would the Olympic committee decide this was ever a good idea idk I guess they wanna relive the days of the 1936

United Tropics of Torchland
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Tropics of Torchland » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:31 am

We would have one in Salisbury to increase growth to the new capital

We already had one in Cape Torch anyways, so it's fair to give the new second capital a chance to enter the world stage this way
--The Greater Commonwealth of United Tropics of Torchland--
--"Libertatem tueri, patriam defendere"--

News ✉ | - | - | - | Weather ☀ | Cape Torch ☀  32°/34°C | Billawayo ☀ 32°/36°C | Salisbury ⛅ 28°/32°C | Clarkson Bay ⛅ 32°/37°C | Port Smith ☔ 24°/28°C|
September 21st, 2101

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:18 am

We would host it in Prescott for the Winter Olympics, and Centralis and the Terranean Coast for the Summer Olympics.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Orlanday
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlanday » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:56 am

Landersburg for being the capital city and with a large airport or Renojjver due to its large size and central location

Korean Peoples Democratic Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Korean Peoples Democratic Republic » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Pyongyang, as the KPDR's capital and largest city, would be the most obvious choice of host at first glance. However, given the significance of the Olympics, the KPDR would likely want to cohost the games with South Korea. As such, Kaesong, the ancient capital of Korea, would probably be most appropriate.
Korean People's Democratic Republic (KPDR)
An alt-historical version of North Korea where Kim Il Sung was deposed during the August Faction Incident
and the country has survived by embracing Chinese-style social and economic reforms.

Penguin Union Nation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Penguin Union Nation » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:24 pm

Well, not Penguinopolis. It's too enclosed. I don't know, maybe some events could happen there, but not many. Most likely it would be in the biggest city, Enderby City (Enderby Land District), or in Claremont (Kemp Land District). At least, for the Summer Games. Argus (in the Princess Elizabeth Land District) would be best for the Winter Games.

Solvism
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 09, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Solvism » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:36 pm

We hold our Summer Olympics in Machta which is 63 miles away from our capital city. It is held in The Alexander Briggs Memorial Stadium.

We hold our Winter Olympics all over the northern province of Kristana. the Opening and Medal ceremonies are held at the Kristana Union Stadium, known for its Figure Skating Championships.

Chadtonia
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Yep, bought the T-shirt.

Postby Chadtonia » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:35 pm

Chadtonia has held the Summer Olympics (at least our world's version of these sport games) three times. The first two were held in The Great Royal City of Chadtonia, in the Tikunuan Province. The last one was held in Taki, a large neighboring city to The Great Royal City of Chadtonia. We have never, as of yet, held Winter Olympics, not even with the modern technology of "fake" snow.
Last edited by Chadtonia on Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yubba gofthey burqa nit"-- Emperor Chad the Second in Historical Chadtonian.

Click here for more information about Chadtonia

Incel Argentina
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Incel Argentina » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pm

We would hold the olympics in the city of Cordoba as it is the safest big city away from the feminist guerrillas and is well interconnected with the northern regions, our most nationalist zone.
IC:
Argentina was long oppresed by feminism, that was until the incel movement decided to act... (just read my factbooks ffs, I'm too lazy to resume stuff)

OOC:
XVI year old male, antifeminist, MRA and incel. Agnostic-Atheist, but respectful of religious people.
IDRLabs Feminism Test ~ LeftValues ~ CenterValues ~ RightValues ~ IDRLabs Alt-Right Test

United cacti of Estaban
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 02, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United cacti of Estaban » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:12 pm

Either Lemon River or Southern Estaban City.
United Cacti of Estaban
"For the cactus,we thank"

Novosoviet
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Novosoviet » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:15 pm

Before the Destruction of New London it would have been held there
♛The Kingdom of Novia ♛
Call My Citizens Novians
News: Intervention in Politics, Civil unrest Rises

Palladion State
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 30, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Palladion State » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:17 pm

The last time Palladion State held an Olympics was in 1976 in Sylvestia, in one of our western oblasts.
Shall we held the Olympics in 2036, it will be in Arcadia, our cultural capital.
Palladion State - Grand Federation
Current Year: 2039 December 26
Arcadia News | NO DATA | NSD to NT : 0.8724(-0.001) |

Awqnia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Awqnia » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:20 pm

Thats a hard one,
But i'm going to say our capital Halovo.
Last edited by Awqnia on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Le Enclave Reformas
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Enclave Reformas » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:25 pm

Shady Sands or Sacremento/Sac-City (Mhm, both are owned lands in the current era of the nation :D)

Democratic Republic Of Dixie
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Republic Of Dixie » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:27 pm

We would probaly host it in Miami or Orlando, due to it being our 2 most rappidly growing and large cities.
Current year: 2022 CE | President: Jacob Johnson | Vice President:: David Chruch | Capital: Montgomery | Government type: Democratic Federal Republic | Technology level: Modern tech

The Richmond Reciter: Tensions rise between Dixie and Cuba after President Johnson denounces nation for “inhumane tortue of Dixie prisoners.” /// U.S. attempts to improve relations with Dixie, hoping to eventually get them to rejoin NATO. /// Ukraine pushes Russians back east, hoping to continue momentum after US and Dixe sents equipment

Washington-Columbia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Washington-Columbia » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:29 pm

If Winter Olympics, Either Vancouver or Prince George.

If Summer Olympics, then Seattle-Tacoma, or Santa Maria.
CASCADIAN UNION
Merica and Canadeh's Social Democratic brother
Home to Deadpool, Batman and Jesse Pinkman
NS stats have been sleeping since smoking too much grass

CBC N5 Weekly News: Car chase involving terrorists after lawyer Julian Francisco in Apollo, all terrorists dead - Man kills Vegeta 3rd time this week - Worker strike in Dubai begins - Chinese Military Base in Sichuan raided, no casualty or changes reported - kratos messi
SHUT UP [names of neo-nazis], YOURE NOT AN SS OFFICER SENT TO DESTROY WOKE HEGIMONY, YOURE AN EDGY 14-YEAR-OLD WHO LIVES IN CHICAGO, IL
Barbie is an Allegory for Animal Farm. Kens (Animals) seize control over the Barbies (Humans) and Ryan Gosling seizes power himself (Napoleon the Pig) and keeps much of the status quo.
STRAIGHT CIS ALLY

The Confederate States of America
Envoy

Founded: Sep 03, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Confederate States of America » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:20 pm

Richmond, Virginia.

Coliantia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Coliantia » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:11 pm

If we had the chance, we would not host them in a single city, since even our capital and most populous one, Sulchi, is too small to host such a large event. Instead, multiple cities such as Sulchi, Nakurik, Imakota, and Siktana would host the sports, with only the opening and closing ceremony being held in the capital.
Republic of Coliantia
Proud member of the TPA! Join today, Pacific nations!
[url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1733240]No one asked but here's some stuff about me[/url

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017

Postby West Phoenicia » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:18 pm

Nations capital Melbourne-Haven, it has all the major sporting facilities present.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information