NATION

PASSWORD

How can I improve my nation from a roleplay perspective

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Casaseca
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

How can I improve my nation from a roleplay perspective

Postby Casaseca » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:15 am

How can I improve my nation from a roleplay perspective. Pls tell me after looking at what I have already done in the last few hours.

What else can I do to make its lore richer. How can I design a flag which doesn't make it seem like an independent nation.
Most importantly what else can I write in my factbooks?
This is not a true nation but an extremely autonomous province of Bolivia with some.....interesting stuff going on(Read factbook to find out what).
I don't use NS stats

Today news:
A message from General Barro himself: 'Come to Roca Brillante and work in the posh hotels. Live the life of your dreams working in the service industry!'

Hospe
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hospe » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:27 pm

You seem off to a good start. I'm no pro but for the factbooks maybe:
•Outline all the districts and villages.
•Add what any specialties of said districts and villages are, if any.
•Culture( art, cuisine etc.)

Ex-world power that withdrew from most of the world stage after a variety of problems trying to make a comeback.

Casaseca
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Casaseca » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:20 am

Hospe wrote:You seem off to a good start. I'm no pro but for the factbooks maybe:

Thanks a lot. Your ideas are good

Anyone else?
This is not a true nation but an extremely autonomous province of Bolivia with some.....interesting stuff going on(Read factbook to find out what).
I don't use NS stats

Today news:
A message from General Barro himself: 'Come to Roca Brillante and work in the posh hotels. Live the life of your dreams working in the service industry!'

NationStates Puppet
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Puppet » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:44 am

Casaseca wrote:
Hospe wrote:You seem off to a good start. I'm no pro but for the factbooks maybe:

Thanks a lot. Your ideas are good

Anyone else?

For the flag, put the flag of nation that controls you on top of your flag in a corner
PUPPET OF ISLAMIC HOLY SITES

Perikuresu
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Perikuresu » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:48 am

I'll be closely watching this thread too as I think I have some notes to take from here:
But i'll be recycling my quote from the First Impressions thread:
Reading through your factbooks, it reminds me of Screchia, it's not a big chungus, big chonky, big chunky wikipedia word blocks and it gets the point through, but it makes it look low effort.

That coupled with the big pictures makes it a cakewalk to read through (and trust me, big chungus, big chonky, big chunky wikipedia word blocks are like a binge session of RE:ZERO: a sludge and it takes up so much time), but the pictures also makes your factbook dominated by them, and while they're pretty pretty to look at, doesn't really sit well with me tbh, I suggest formatting it a bit, using tables and whatnot.

To add on more, I suggest you focus on the little things in your nation, like their culture, provinces (first level divisions should be enough), history, politics and the list goes on and on.

(man I feel like a rip off Res Publica or Fohenn right now heh heh)
Last edited by Perikuresu on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Pacific nation or a MT liberalwank nation whose main premise is composed on a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities
NS Stats non canon, NS Policies canon tho
Aerilia is lying! They're not a unicorn, they're a Welsh Dragon!

Perikuresu
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Perikuresu » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:05 am

Also if you want to roleplay, Is suggest creating your own stories and characters, give more info on Bolivarian Napoleon, show how his regime works with the central government and drug cartels, probably a good story idea I can think of is to show how the leader should be feared, any drug cartels that messes with him gets screwed the in the end.
A Pacific nation or a MT liberalwank nation whose main premise is composed on a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities
NS Stats non canon, NS Policies canon tho
Aerilia is lying! They're not a unicorn, they're a Welsh Dragon!

Casaseca
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Casaseca » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:59 pm

Update: Added the major locations and 2 minor locations in Facebooks

Gonna add more soon
I don't use NS stats

Today news:

Evergar
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 05, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Evergar » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Some Suggestions
— If YN is a one-party state, write out the party's platform and mission statements
— If YN has religion at all, maybe make some details over what the different groups there are, or if only one, who they are, what they believe, etc.
— Mention how Individualistic VS Collectivistic YN is, and list the factors that cause this
— Who is the current leader? Is it a king, military ruler, dictator, or theocrat? Who is he or she and how did he or she gain power?
— List a controversial law with how it is written in the lawbooks
— Mention terrorist groups if they exist in YN, who they are, what they stand for, etc.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information