NATION

PASSWORD

Hi, I'm Cavirfi (and Crabaiaia) AMA [My Q&A Thread]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Hi, I'm Cavirfi (and Crabaiaia) AMA [My Q&A Thread]

Postby Cavirfi » Sat May 08, 2021 12:43 am

Cavirfi's One and Only Q&A Thread

So, hello, I am Lea (not my real name), the dude behind Cavirfi (and if you remember; Crabaiaia). I have been in NationStates since April 2020 (under Crabaiaia) but have only been active in the forums since September of that year, so I haven't forged much of a presence (though at least a handful of users here can at least recognize my writing style) here. So with that, I have created this Q&A thread.

But, before you can ask me any questions, I advise you to read these factbooks:

OVERVIEW

CONSTITUTION

TORTUNE METAVERSE

OOC INFO

So, questions gallore!
Last edited by Cavirfi on Sat May 08, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm

/bumpin

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun May 09, 2021 4:41 pm

The bulk of Cavirfi's constitution is made up of seven amendments. If those are the amendments, what did it originally look like? :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 pm

Tinhampton wrote:The bulk of Cavirfi's constitution is made up of seven amendments. If those are the amendments, what did it originally look like? :P

What do you mean? The amendments were borrowed from Lea Hozhan Tortune's "Goodness" manifesto. Which is the book of all things Tortunist. The values listed in Goodness makes up the 7 amendments.

Edit: I see what you mean now. So, the Amendments were proposed by the Great Farmer and the Wolf Pack just sort of agreed to go with it.
Last edited by Cavirfi on Sun May 09, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun May 09, 2021 4:50 pm

Cavirfi wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:The bulk of Cavirfi's constitution is made up of seven amendments. If those are the amendments, what did it originally look like? :P

What do you mean? The amendments were borrowed from Lea Hozhan Tortune's "Goodness" manifesto. Which is the book of all things Tortunist. The values listed in Goodness makes up the 7 amendments.

Amendments are usually alterations or additions to national constitutions, not standalone sections added to original constitutions... but I digress.

How does Margeaux Tortune have a net worth of 20 billion NS Dollars and a net worth of 3.86 million NS Dollars at the same time?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun May 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Cavirfi wrote:What do you mean? The amendments were borrowed from Lea Hozhan Tortune's "Goodness" manifesto. Which is the book of all things Tortunist. The values listed in Goodness makes up the 7 amendments.

Amendments are usually alterations or additions to national constitutions, not standalone sections added to original constitutions... but I digress.

How does Margeaux Tortune have a net worth of 20 billion NS Dollars and a net worth of 3.86 million NS Dollars at the same time?

Oops, forgot to edit that part, basically what happened was that the Cavirfite Parliament passed a law that would privatise the CBCC (The Cavirfite Bone China Company) which Margeaux Tortune originally owns and transfer the assets to the Central Bank away from Margeaux Tortune, in compensation, Tortune was given a HUUUUGGGEEE sum of money.

You can view the law here
Last edited by Cavirfi on Sun May 09, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun May 16, 2021 6:13 pm

bumpin.

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Tue May 18, 2021 2:50 am

Why did you grant the military the right to commit a coup d'etat?
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Cereskia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cereskia » Tue May 18, 2021 2:58 am

where is your irl loc?
Last edited by Cereskia on Tue May 18, 2021 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
About my Nation:
Overview | History | Geography | Politics | Military |Economy | International

GCRs suck, Epluribus Unum is an Overzealous Americanist, Hitler is Shitler, aaaaąăåäãâáàă
sample text
Overamericanism in the forums!!

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Tue May 18, 2021 3:55 am

Nacrad wrote:Why did you grant the military the right to commit a coup d'etat?

Because there is simply this big fear that the fall of Crabaiaia to the "forces of evil" will cause a domino effect that will eventually lead to Cavirfi's fall, and the Constitution wants to ensure that the military can keep Cavirfi in check. Kinda like how Kemal trusted that the Turkish Military will keep Turkey secular (which was successful from 1923 until 2016, a long time.) Because of the long time of success the military has been granted the right to coup to keep Cavirfi in check long enough that a new Cavirfi will be formed.

Cereskia: Really? Do you want me to just dox myself? I am not giving you my location
Last edited by Cavirfi on Tue May 18, 2021 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 am

Bonus question: what is stopping the Cavirfite military from committing a coup to depose a civilian government they don't approve, like the Myanmese one with basically the same provision in their constitution?
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Tue May 18, 2021 4:14 am

Nacrad wrote:Bonus question: what is stopping the Cavirfite military from committing a coup to depose a civilian government they don't approve, like the Myanmese one with basically the same provision in their constitution?

It is quite simple, the Cavirfite Military DOES approve of the civilian government, because simply put:

A) The Civilian Government keeps the soldiers well paid (check my military overview dispatch)

B) They are an institution that can be trusted in maintaining their (their as in the military's) right to self-determination even though they are under command of the Great Farmer

C) Most controversially, they support orders like the White Knights, the Stigmatised Heroes (or as Danelaw would call them: HELETHS), and the Fallen Gentlemen. All of which are MGTOW military orders operating in rebellion to Crabaiaia. Who, both the Cavirfite Civilian and Military Institutions hate.

Kergstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kergstan » Tue May 18, 2021 8:02 pm

What do you think about NPA-CPP?

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Tue May 18, 2021 8:07 pm

Kergstan wrote:What do you think about NPA-CPP?

I could care less. I just don't like Communists in general that's all.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun May 23, 2021 7:32 pm

and I boomp.

South Americanastan
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Americanastan » Sun May 23, 2021 7:36 pm

Why did Crabaiaia CTE? It seemed like they were gaining a lot of traction in the NS community, with the cold war being the starting and ending point for multiple alliances, and a huge event in NS.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid"
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”
HOME OF THE BEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE GREY WARDENS

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun May 23, 2021 7:38 pm

South Americanastan wrote:Why did Crabaiaia CTE? It seemed like they were gaining a lot of traction in the NS community, with the cold war being the starting and ending point for multiple alliances, and a huge event in NS.

Somethings, I would rather not say.

About the thing about the cold war, I did not intend to end or start alliances, I wanted to further advance Crabaiaia's national interests, who the Crabaiaians feel are under constant threat.

EDIT: Do not get me wrong, I will still roleplay Crabaiaia here and there, but I want to take a semi-break from the NS RP Community.
Last edited by Cavirfi on Sun May 23, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:26 am

bump again

Ye boi

Japerlasa
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Japerlasa » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:08 pm

How're you feeling?
Proudly uses the rotting corpse that is NS Stats!

One person will be sent into space for every time my name gets misspelled as "Jasperlasa".

People in space: 6

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Japerlasa wrote:How're you feeling?

Just fine thank you, Japer.
Last edited by Cavirfi on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waldoven
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Waldoven » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:44 am

Why did you DEAT?
United Federation of Waldoven

"Curiosity drives Waldoven forwards!"
Home page | Region
Waldoven, home to the Waldovian species. United in 1970 WT (2,217,130 AD), Waldovians have come far ever since the first humans crashed onto the planet, now taking their first steps to becoming an interplanetary civilization.
A nation that represents about 80% of my political views
Current year: 2,217,130 AD | 1990 WT

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 am

Waldoven wrote:Why did you DEAT?

Stuff...

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 am

what is your opinion on the popular video game among us
Last edited by Honeydewistania on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:47 am

Honeydewistania wrote:what is your opinion on the popular video game among us

I honestly don't care, never played the game, amogus is a bit funny but not when it's overused.

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:49 am

Cavirfi wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:what is your opinion on the popular video game among us

I honestly don't care, never played the game, amogus is a bit funny but not when it's overused.

AMOGUS

What is your favourite type of RP (ie. War, Trade, Shitty Oneliner RP, etc.)
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information