NATION

PASSWORD

LGBTQ+ Rights in Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Emeraldisia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Emeraldisia » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:18 pm

Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal? Yes.
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it?

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender? Yes.
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery? Yes.
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? No.

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? Yes.
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining?
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? Yes and no, it depends on circumstance; as citizens are allowed to opt out of conscription regardless of if they are LGBTQ+ or not.

Discrimination Protections
1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? Yes.
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination?
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? Yes.

Recognition of Same-Sex relationships
1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? No.
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation? Yes.
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation? Yes.

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes.
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes.
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? Yes.
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well?

Misc. Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood? Yes.
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools? Yes.
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? By law.
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? Yes.
Salutations, and Welcome to Emeraldisia.

Please Feel Free To View The Overview Of Emeraldisia.

Konolas
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Konolas » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:48 am

Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal? No
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? 3 years imprisonment and conversion therapy

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender? No
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery? No
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? N/A

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? In normal circumstances no, but in times of trouble yes
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? Yes
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? Yes

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? No
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? There are just normal rights like not getting killed or beaten
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? No

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? Yes
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation? No
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation? No

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? As long as they write that they will not teach the child the gay agenda
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? No
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? No

Misc. Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood? Yes
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools? No
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? N/A
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? No, but it's illegal to start your own private conversion therapy

Samrepublic
Civilian

Founded: Dec 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Samrepublic » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:57 am

Sexual activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal? :It is not
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? :Charged, and brought to the court

Gender Identity
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? Yes

Military Rights
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining?
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft?

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? No
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? No
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? No

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? Yes

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes.
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well? Yes

Misc. Rights
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law?
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? Yes.

Seppen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Seppen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:45 am

I created a similar post about LGBTQIA+ rights (sorry, I didn't know about yours). A game moderator locked mine, suggesting for me to ask you for adding or assimilating some questions of mine in your topic.
I'd be glad if you give them a look and decide.
1) Are same-sex relationships legal?
2)Are same-sex unions recognised? (If yes, by civil unions or marriage?)
3)What kind of parental rights (adoption, surrogacy, etc...) are there?
4)Is it legal to change your gender? (If yes, does it requires sterilization?)
5)Is there any form of neutral or third gender?
6)Are there any anti-discrimination laws concerning sexual/romantic orientation?
7)Are there any anti-discrimination laws concerning gender identity?
8]Are there any anti-discrimination laws concerning gender expression?
9)Is hate speech on LGBTQIA+ identities illegal, or does it fall under the freedom of speech?
10)Does sex education in YN cover sexual/romantic orientation, gender identity and gender expression?
Thank you in advance for whichever decision you'll take.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:01 am

Seppen wrote:I created a similar post about LGBTQIA+ rights (sorry, I didn't know about yours). A game moderator locked mine, suggesting for me to ask you for adding or assimilating some questions of mine in your topic.
6)Are there any anti-discrimination laws concerning sexual/romantic orientation?
9)Is hate speech on LGBTQIA+ identities illegal, or does it fall under the freedom of speech?
10)Does sex education in YN cover sexual/romantic orientation, gender identity and gender expression?

Thank you for the insight, I think I will add Question 5 to this survey, I will also add your entire survey to this one as another edition of the survey. I will credit you for this.
My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:13 am

Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal?
Yes
none

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender?
they may change their legal gender AFTER they've done the gender reassignment surgery.
in documents they may also change update their gender, except for their birth certificate and medical certificate (to not confuse doctors)
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery?
Yes, almost all hospital have gender reassignment surgery operations.
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender?
yes, back to number 1

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military?
Everyone is a soldier and must join the army to finish conscription at age 19, gender segregation in the military has been abolished 4 decades ago.
[null]
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft?
yes

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens?
Yes.
Yes, there are a handful of federal laws about anti-discrimination measures for LGBT community
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation?
Yes.

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof?
No.
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation?
Yes.
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation?
Yes.

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?
Yes.
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?
Yes.
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy?
Yes.

Misc. Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood?
Recently, there were cases where the blood given by non-straight may have been contaminated. As such, blood donations coming from LGBTQ+ members were seen as potentially dangerous and low quality.
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools?
Yes
Naturally
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation?
gray area federally, but banned in half of the cantons.[/quote]
Last edited by Zarulia on Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seppen
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Seppen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:11 pm

Cavirfi wrote:
Seppen wrote:I created a similar post about LGBTQIA+ rights (sorry, I didn't know about yours). A game moderator locked mine, suggesting for me to ask you for adding or assimilating some questions of mine in your topic.

Thank you for the insight, I think I will add Question 5 to this survey, I will also add your entire survey to this one as another edition of the survey. I will credit you for this.

Great! I'm glad I somehow helped with your topic, and thank you for your reply.

Mackiland
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mackiland » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:17 pm

Uhhh, Mackiland has no LGBTQ+ people... Don't get it wrong, we are not anti-LGBTQ+ at all, it's just... a really long story.
A very cool person
"Some meaningful quote that could change your life" ~ a wise philosopher

I make some tools for NS
Pro: crastination

Mackiland factbook
Con: stipation

Seppen
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Seppen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:14 pm

I also would like to answer your full survey:
Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal? Yes
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? -

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender? Yes
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery? Yes, and if a psychiatrist states that as necessary for a gender non conforming person is also free for that person.
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? Surgery is not required, but hormonal and psychological therapy is.
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender? There is a "neutral gender" legal option for intersexual people only, pending decision for other people. All public structures must have gender-neutral restrooms. All clothes in shops are considered unisex.

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? Yes, as forbidding would count as discrimination. Nevertheless most LGBTQ+ people in Seppen are pacifist and antimilitarist, and those who aren't are discouraged by activists (with the notoriously pacifist Nation Leader's approval), so you hardly see them join the military-
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? -
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? No conscription imposed.

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? Not the Costitution.
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? The Legal Code bans discrimination based on sexual/romantic orientation in all sectors of society. It also bans discrimination based on gender identity and expression with some exceptions: (Sports: Transgender athletes must have hormonal levels equivalent to their cisgender colleagues of their selected category. Employment in the artistic sector is exempt too.)
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? Hate speech on LGBTQ+ people is mostly illegal, but there are exceptions for art and satire. Also the law is enforced only if the victim (or someone in their stead) press charge.

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? No
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation? Yes, and being civil unions different form marriage, heterosexual couples can register too.
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation? Yes.

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes, all Seppenin citizens can adopt as single parents.
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? All Seppenin citizens in a married couple can apply for conjoint adoption. Those who are registered in a civil union can adopt as single parent by a member of the couple with the option of co-adoption by the partner.
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? Surrogacy is legal only if altruistic and there are other several harsh restrictions. This option is available for heterosexual couples too.
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well? See answer above.

Misc. Rights
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools? Yes. Sex education is compulsory for all students.
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? By law.
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? There has never been a history of conversion therapy, so the law never had to deal with this specific subject. In any case, religious communities cannot perform any medical or psychological therapy.
Last edited by Seppen on Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Camelot of Avalonia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Avalonian LGBTQ+ Rights

Postby New Camelot of Avalonia » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:08 am

Sexual Activity

Gender Identity
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery? Yes
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? No
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender? Yes

Military Rights Avalonia does not have a military.

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? Yes, it bans all forms of discrimination (There is no culture or history of LGBTQ+ discrimination, so the constitution does not mention it explicitly, however courts have always upheld and enumerated the inclusion of a ban on LGBTQ+ discrimination in that constitutional ban)
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? Hate speech is banned, and anti-LGBTQ+ mockery/insults are a non-issue, as the culture has always included LGBTQ+ people.

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? No
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation? Yes
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation? Yes

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? Yes

Misc. Rights
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools? Yes
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? While sex education came about in law, its inclusion of same-sex sex education came about as natural, as Avalonia lacks a distinction between same-sex and opposite-sex sexual activity (culturally and linguistically).
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? Yes, and foreign organizations funding or supporting such programs are blacklisted from Avalonian foreign development aid or funding.

Nancivania
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nancivania » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:40 pm

Sexual Activity
Yes
N/A

Gender Identity
No
If they want to and can find a surgeon, yes
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender?
You can't change your legal gender
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender?
No

Military Rights
Yes
N/A
Yes

No
Yes, there are anti-discrimination laws for race, sex, religion and sexuality which apply to the government (not private institutions though)
No

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof?
Yes, marriage is explicitly named as a union between a man and a woman
No
No

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?
Yes, if the adoption agency allows it
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?
Yes if the adoption agency allows it. The government disallows adoption agencies from prioritizing non-married pairings over individuals though
No
Yes, surrogacy is illegal in Nancivania

Misc. Rights
Women are
Kids are taught that same-sex attraction is possible but it's spoken of neutrally
By law
Only for minors
National Information
Leader - King Marton II
Capital - Orka
Population - 35,351,804 est
Currency - Wakka
Roleplay Information
Beyond The Void (planned) - Escojian Empire
Persian Mortals (planned) - Gallic Kingdom
-
-

THE KINGDOM OF NANCIVANIA
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDING MEMBER
Est. 2024

Konde
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Konde » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:30 pm

EDITION 1

Sexual Activity
Homosexual Activity is legal [X]

If it's illegal, punishments?:
[] Fines
[] Prison
[] Torture
[] Death

Gender Identity
Citizens can change their legal gender: [X]
Citizens can undergo gender transition surgery: [X]
Surgery is REQUIRED in order to change legal gender: [X]
Non-Binary Genders recognized: []

Military Rights
Openly LGBTQ+ citizens can join the military: [X]
If no, closeted LGBTQ+ citizens required to undergo "gay test": []
For conscription countries, LGBTQ+ citizens included in draft: [X]

Constitution bans discrimination on basis of sexual orientation: []
If no, there are laws present to compensate for that: []
Speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned: []

Recognition of same-sex relationships
Constitution bans same-sex unions/marriages or the prohibition thereof: []
Civil Unions legal: []
Same Sex Marriage legal: []

Adoption Rights
Single LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to adopt: []
Dating/Married LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to adopt: []
LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to adopt through surrogacy: []
If no, surrogacy is illegal in general: [X]

Misc. Rights
LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood: []
Same-sex sex education taught in schools: []
If yes, it came naturally: []
If yes, it came by law: []
Conversion therapy illegal: []

Nioya
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nioya » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:56 pm

1. Same-sex relationships legal ? [X]

2. Same-Sex unions recognized? [X]

2.1 By Civil Unions? []
2.2 By Marriage? [x]

3. Parental Rights?

Adoption: [x]
Surrogacy: [X]
Others?

4. Legal right to change gender: [X]

Does it require any form of medical procedures (e.g: Sex Reassignment Surgery)? [O]

5. Non-binary genders recognized: [O]

6. Anti-Discrimination Laws based on Sexual/Romantic Orientation: [X]

7. Anti-Discrimination Laws based on Gender Identity: [X]

8. Anti-Discrimination Laws based on Gender Expression: [X]

9. Hates Speech against LGBT banned: [O]

10. Sex-Ed programs cover topics on sexual orientation: [X]
I like telegrams
First name: Matt
Sexual Orientation: gay
Nationality: American
Religious Orientation: Episcopalian
Relationship status: Single
Likes: Philosophy, history, world building, anime, audiobooks, aesthetics, coffee
Dislikes: SJWs, atheism, kids being loud
Random fact: I sleep with a body pillow

Batea del Nord
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Batea del Nord » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:04 am

Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal? Yes.
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? No punishment.

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender? Yes, but requires a previous psiquiatric evaluation. and having starteda gender transition process.
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? No, but hormonal treatment is required.
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender? No.

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? Since 2016 draft law change. being homosexual could be used a argument to evade draft. Now it isn't.
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? No.
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? Until 2015 You could say you were a (male) homosexual to avoid draft. Since 2016 you can not say you are gay to avoid draft. Or you can enlist as professional soldier being openly homosexual. I had to say that women can enlist as professional or volunteer soldiers, but are not drafted as drafees.

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? Not explicitly. High court jurisprundence in the other hand said that antidiscrimation laws also covert homosexuals and transgender people.
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? Yes, anti discrimination laws were ammended to include lgbti among the protected groups.
There is a line between freedom of expression and mocking or joking. But, hate speech is clearly forbidden.

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? The Constitution says that marriage is among a man and a woman. The High Court demeed that the homosexual marriage law was Constitutional in spite that the Constitution said man and woman.
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation? yes since 2007
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation? yes since 2017

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes, but couples have preference over individuals.
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes, for national adoptions. For international adoptions depends of the country of adoption.
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? Surrogacy is in a limbo. Is illegal nationally. But couples can adopt and register their surrogate children were is legal as their own.
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well? adoption is legal.

Misc. Rights
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools? partly. Sex education is directed mostly to heterosexuals. But, homosexuality and transgenderism are explained.
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? a mix of both, but 75% to option 1.
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? Is illegal.
Last edited by Batea del Nord on Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ceryana
Secretary

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceryana » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:55 pm

Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal? Yes (across all states).
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? N/A

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender? Yes (across all states).
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery? Yes (across all states).
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? No, but most states require one or two diagnosis of gender dysphoria.
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender? Yes (across all states).

Military Rights
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? N/A
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? N/A

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? No.
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? Yes, the Anti-Discrimination Act 1964 on the federal level, as well as various state legislation.
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? Generally not, but may be characterised as unlawful hateful speech inciting violence.

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? No.
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation? Yes (only some states have civil unions).
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation? Yes (across all states).

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes (across all states).
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes (across all states).
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? Yes (across all states).
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well? No (across all states).

Misc. Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood? Yes (across all states).
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools? Yes (content varies from state to state).
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? No federal or state law has directly specified same-sex education.
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? Varies from state to state, but generally conversion therapy is illegal.
CERYANA
SURYANA | 宣雅

Traditionalist Nihon
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalist Nihon » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:30 am

Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal?:
No.
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it?:
Castration

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender?: no.
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery?:
No.
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender?/
N/A.
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender?:
No.

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military?:
No.
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining?: only elite/classified units.
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft?:
No.

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens?:
No.
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination?: No.
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation?:
No it is encouraged.

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof?:
No.
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation?:
No.
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation?:
No.

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?: No.
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?:
N/A
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy?: no.
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well?: no.

Misc. Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood?:
Only to other LGBTQ+ people/
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools?:
Children are taught how “bad” it is.
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law?:
Through law.
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation?:
No and it is common.

Scymulaecia
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Scymulaecia » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:57 am

Sexual Activity

Yes but only if you have a licence. This applies to all sexual activity, not just same-sex.

A fine on a first offence.
Larger fine on a second offence.
Third strike it's prison time.

Gender Identity

No.

No.

N/A

No.

Military Rights

Yes.

No.

3. If your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft?
Yes.

We have no constitution.

No; there are no laws against discrimination of any kind.

No.

Marriage does not exist in Scymulaecia, nor do civil unions.

N/A

N/A

Adoption Rights

Adoption is not legal in Scymulaecia. Unwanted infants are raised by and then drafted into the military.

Misc. Rights

Yes.

Sex education of any kind is prohibited in schools.

Both. By law, in response to growing demands from the public.

No.

Thamesholm and Wallborough
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Thamesholm and Wallborough » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:59 am

Sexual Activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal?:
Yes
: N/A
Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender?:
Yes.
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transitional surgery?:
Yes.
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender?:
Yes.
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender?: yes

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military?: yea.
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining?: N/A
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft?:
Yea.

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens?:
Yes.
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination?:
Yes.
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation?:
Yes.

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof?: it’s legal.
2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation?:
Yes as can straight people.
3. Can 2 citizens of the same sex marry each other in your nation?:
Yes as can straight people.

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?:
Yea.
2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children?:
Yes.
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy?:
No.
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well?:
Yes.

Misc. Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood?:
Yes.
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in your nation's schools?:
Yes as part of political correctness lessons.
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law?:
By law
Re-established 8th of March 2022

Currently an imperialist dictatorship ruled by Lord-President Hereward the Woke.

News:
Woke governments installed in Swat and Favrskov.

Jirena
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jirena » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:31 am

1)Are same-sex relationships legal?
Yes
Yes, by marriage
Adoption, surrogacy, and sperm donation
Yes, without sterilization.
Yes, non-binary and agender.
There are anti-discrimination laws regarding employment.
It falls under freedom of speech
Yes.
Last edited by Jirena on Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Official Signee of ICPT (International Climate Protection Treaty)
Official Member of ICDN (International Consortium of Democratic Nations)

Nova Tero
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Tero » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:45 am

Sexual Activity
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? n/a

Gender Identity
3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? No
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender? Yes

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? Yes
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? n/a
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? n/a

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? Yes
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? n/a
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? Yes

2. Can 2 citizens of the same sex register for a civil union in your nation? Yes

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? Yes
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? Yes

Misc. Rights
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? Law
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? Yes
Last edited by Nova Tero on Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nova Tero: an archipelagic island nation on the southern Atlantic Ocean.
Union of Nova Universo: a supranational union of ten polities in Earth, Heimat and the Universe.
Union:
Nation:

Friveria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Friveria » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:20 pm

Sexual Activity

2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? Death Penalty

Gender Identity

3. Is gender transitional surgery REQUIRED for one to change their legal gender? N/A

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? No

2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? N/A

3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? N/A

2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? No

3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? No, it is supported

Adoption Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are not in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? No

2. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens who are in a same-sex civil union/marriage adopt children? No

4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well? Yes

Misc. Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood? No

3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? By Law

4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? No, and it is used by the government
Don't Tread On Me.
Vote for Blake Masters, Adam Laxalt, Dr. Oz, JD Vance, Kari Lake, Ron DeSantis, Doug Mastriano, Herschel Walker, and all other right-wing patriots in 2022.
DeSantis 2024: Make America Florida!
Factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=friveria/detail=factbook/id=1638833
I own DeSantis Derangement Syndrome

Grande Germania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Germania » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:10 am

Sexual activity
1. Is sexual activity between 2 consenting adults of the same sex legal? no.
2. If it is illegal, what are the punishments for it? Death penalty or imprisonment in a labor camp for life.

Gender identity
1. Can citizens of your country change their legal gender? no.
2. Can citizens of your nation undergo gender transition surgery? no.
3. DO YOU NEED Gender Transition Surgery to Change Your Legal Gender? it is not legal to change gender.
4. Does your country recognize a non-binary gender? no.

Military rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ + citizens join your nation's military? no.
2. If not, do closed LGBTQ + citizens have to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? no.
3. If yes and your country enforces conscription, are LGBTQ + citizens included in the draft? no.

Protections against discrimination
1. Does your nation's constitution prohibit discrimination against LGBTQ + citizens? no.
2. If not, are there any laws prohibiting such discrimination? no.
3. Is speech that mock / insult the LGBTQ + community prohibited in your country? no.

Recognition of homosexual relationships
1. Does your country have constitutional limits that prohibit same-sex marriages or civil unions or their prohibition? Yes.
2. Can 2 same-sex citizens register for a civil partnership in your country? no.
3. Can 2 same-sex citizens get married in your country? no.

Adoption rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ + citizens who are not in a civil union / same-sex marriage adopt children? no.
2. Can openly LGBTQ + citizens who are in a civil union / same-sex marriage adopt children? no.
3. Can openly LGBTQ + citizens adopt children through surrogacy? no.
4. If not, is it also forbidden for Straight citizens? Yes.

Misc. Rights
1. Can openly LGBTQ + citizens donate blood? no.
2. Is same-sex sex education taught in schools in your country? no.
3. Referring to question 2, if so, did this happen naturally or by law? it did not happen in general.
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your country? no.
Last edited by Grande Germania on Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Visegrad Empire, a federal union of states formed by Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland

IC my state is Called Union of the Empire of Visegrad, or Visegrad, OOC Grande Germania or whatever you like

Mightful Muscovy
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Mightful Muscovy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:30 am

Sexual Activity
Yes, it is.
-

Gender Identity
Yes, usually if they changed their gender as citizens of another country.
No, they can't.
Yes, it is.
No.

Military Rights
Not really... But... We have plans to create separate units for them, akin to national ones.
No
No

No
Yes
There is no direct separate ban, but work is underway to eradicate such traditions. Offenders are judged by the general rule.
Yes/no
Yes
No

Adoption Rights
Yes, but not always. They need to prove their trustworthiness, so to speak.
No...
See p. 1
No

Misc. Rights
Yes. Why not?
They are spoken of, but not as heterosexual.
Naturally.
Yes
Last edited by Mightful Muscovy on Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borovin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovin » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Sexual Activity
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? N/A

Gender Identity
1. Can citizens of your nation change their legal gender? N/A, there is no such thing as legal gender; name changes are permitted freely and misgendering that denies people equal employment terms or equal access to services can be a civil rights violation ("misgendering" is defined in terms of a person's gender identity)
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender? N/A

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? Yes
3. If yes and your nation imposes conscription, are LGBTQ+ citizens included in the draft? N/A, no conscription

1. Does your nation's constitution ban discrimination against LGBTQ+ citizens? Yes
2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? N/A
3. Is speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned in your nation? Anti-LGBTQ+ hate speech is banned but not all speech that "mocks/insults" the community meets the high legal threshold for hate speech

1. Does your nation have constitutional limits that ban same-sex marriage/civil unions or the prohibition thereof? A ban on same-sex marriage would violate multiple provisions of the Rights of Persons Law (which has constitutional status)

Adoption Rights
3. Can openly LGBTQ+ citizens adopt children through a surrogacy? The short answer is yes, though the surrogacy law also respects parental rights for the gestational mother should she choose to invoke them
4. If no, is this banned for Straight citizens as well? There is no discrimination in the surrogacy law based on the sex composition of the couple

Misc. Rights
3. Referring to Question 2, if yes, did this come about naturally or by law? It's guaranteed in law but many schools began to do it before it was
4. Is conversion therapy illegal in your nation? Yes

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Original
Sexual Activity
2. If it's illegal, what are the punishments for it? Jail for l life. Possibly death.

Gender Identity
4. Does your nation recognize a non-binary gender? No

Military Rights
1. Are openly LGBTQ+ Citizens allowed to join your nation's military? No
2. If no, are closeted LGBTQ+ Citizens required to undergo a "gay test" (like the one in Turkey) before joining? Yes

2. If no, are there laws that ban such discrimination? Yes

Adoption Rights

Misc. Rights

Second option
No
No
None
No
ASEXUAL
No
No
No
It is legal
Nope.

Simplified Edition

Sexual Activity
Homosexual Activity is legal [No]

If it's illegal, punishments?:
[Yes] Fines
[Yes] Prison
[Yes] Torture
[Yes] Death

Gender Identity
Citizens can change their legal gender: [No]
Citizens can undergo gender transition surgery: [No]
Surgery is REQUIRED in order to change legal gender: [No]
Non-Binary Genders recognized: [No]

Military Rights
Openly LGBTQ+ citizens can join the military: [No]
If no, closeted LGBTQ+ citizens required to undergo "gay test": [Yes]
For conscription countries, LGBTQ+ citizens included in draft: [No]

Constitution bans discrimination on basis of sexual orientation: [No]
If no, there are laws present to compensate for that: [No]
Speech that mocks/insults the LGBTQ+ Community banned: [No]

Recognition of same-sex relationships
Constitution bans same-sex unions/marriages or the prohibition thereof: [Yes]
Civil Unions legal: [No]
Same Sex Marriage legal: [No]

Adoption Rights
Single LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to adopt: []
Dating/Married LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to adopt: []
LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to adopt through surrogacy: []
If no, surrogacy is illegal in general: []

Misc. Rights
LGBTQ+ citizens allowed to donate blood: []
Same-sex sex education taught in schools: []
If yes, it came naturally: []
If yes, it came by law: []
Conversion therapy illegal: []
Last edited by Rick Perry on Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information