NATION

PASSWORD

Flag feedback

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Flag feedback

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Islands of Ventro has designed some new flags for its states and territories, it would like feed back from the community.

You can find the flags here
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠻⣿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⣀⣀⠀⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠻⣿⣿⣿⠅⠛⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢼⣿⣿⣿⣃⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣟⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣫⡄⠀⢸⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⡆⠸⣿⣿⣿⡷⠂⠨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⡿⠋⠁⢀⡶⠪⣉⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⣷⣿⣿⣷⣦⡙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:33 am

/bump
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.

Syndic Australia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 12, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Syndic Australia » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:59 am

The last flag has the most promise (and I'm not just saying that 'cause I have a puppet with a flag that also uses a colourful cube symbol :P ) Without a bit more of a backstory into the meanings of the colours and symbols involved though all I can really say is whether or not they break various flag 'rules' (for which there is at least one dedicated forum thread if you haven't popped in there yet) or if I like the colours you've used (and im colourblind so that's a moot point).

A flag can break some norms or be otherwise unusual and still be good as long as it has a sufficiently compelling reason. Why does the 2° one have all those ovals? What's with the hexagon, or the arrow symbol, and so on.

As it stands, I find these flags garish and the oval one especially is far too overcomplicated. The symbols/insignias in the other ones, like I've said, are decent and with some more precise advice from one of the dedicated threads could be refined, bit it would help the most to have more context.

(P.S. I saw the thread that earned you that pre-title :P)
January 27° - The 2025 Federal Election season has begun! Initial three-party preferred polls put the I.S.P. ahead at 37%, followed by the Country Party at 34%, then Labor at 29%.

⠀⠀ ‎ ‎ ‎ ⠀"In truth and solidarity, Australia advances"
⠀⠀✷ ⠀Australic Consulic Program
⠀⠀⠀Fremantle Intl. Transp. Hub
⠀⠀⠀⠀A.S.I. Portal (Factbooks)

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:01 pm

Syndic Australia wrote:The last flag has the most promise (and I'm not just saying that 'cause I have a puppet with a flag that also uses a colourful cube symbol :P ) Without a bit more of a backstory into the meanings of the colours and symbols involved though all I can really say is whether or not they break various flag 'rules' (for which there is at least one dedicated forum thread if you haven't popped in there yet) or if I like the colours you've used (and im colourblind so that's a moot point).

A flag can break some norms or be otherwise unusual and still be good as long as it has a sufficiently compelling reason. Why does the 2° one have all those ovals? What's with the hexagon, or the arrow symbol, and so on.

As it stands, I find these flags garish and the oval one especially is far too overcomplicated. The symbols/insignias in the other ones, like I've said, are decent and with some more precise advice from one of the dedicated threads could be refined, bit it would help the most to have more context.

Thanks that was helpful, I am planning to add a back storie to each of them and make them all the flags of my different states and territories.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Use design in middle as flag
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Syndic Australia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 12, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Syndic Australia » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:06 am

Islands Of Ventro wrote:
Syndic Australia wrote:The last flag has the most promise (and I'm not just saying that 'cause I have a puppet with a flag that also uses a colourful cube symbol :P ) Without a bit more of a backstory into the meanings of the colours and symbols involved though all I can really say is whether or not they break various flag 'rules' (for which there is at least one dedicated forum thread if you haven't popped in there yet) or if I like the colours you've used (and im colourblind so that's a moot point).

Thanks that was helpful, I am planning to add a back storie to each of them and make them all the flags of my different states and territories.

I'm glad I could be of help :) - I would recommend providing a factbook with similar information on your national flag too.
January 27° - The 2025 Federal Election season has begun! Initial three-party preferred polls put the I.S.P. ahead at 37%, followed by the Country Party at 34%, then Labor at 29%.

⠀⠀ ‎ ‎ ‎ ⠀"In truth and solidarity, Australia advances"
⠀⠀✷ ⠀Australic Consulic Program
⠀⠀⠀Fremantle Intl. Transp. Hub
⠀⠀⠀⠀A.S.I. Portal (Factbooks)

Elvato
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Elvato » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:17 am

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:Is the last flag the Microsoft logo

kinda looks like one now that you've brought it up
Elvato is a CooL Gamer, Skater, NS Player. Lover of Gangster Rap, Founder of SOSIG, Donut Connoisseur. i also like drinking water like all other humanoids ;)

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 am

It is not a Microsoft Logo, THe colors are all different and it is somewhat not the same shape.