NATION

PASSWORD

International Freedom Index Public Consultation [CLOSED]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Sorry for taking so long on this. My comments will be in blue.

Vivolkha wrote:
Vivolkha wrote:So far, this looks very good and exhaustive. However, there are a few potential blindspots. Here are some suggestions:
  • Include a question on corruption, as well as the capability of special interest groups (military, security forces, economic oligarchies, religious groups) to influence the normal operation of the government through irregular means. See my answer below on this.
  • Include a question on whether citizens can freely form or join political parties without interference, with a potential exception for the smallest nations which might not have political parties because of their small population. As there is a hard limit of 100 questions, adding things like this can be difficult - however I will evaluate where we could place something like this within the index.
  • A question could be included measuring freedom from slavery, labor exploitation and human trafficking.
See my answer above.

We might come up with more later. But as stated, this looks really good.

OOC EDIT: For the record, I tried to post this through an IC puppet, but apparently something got messed up along the way.

These remain uncommented. In addition, we suggest evaluating the physical security of citizens (is their right to life threatened by war, insurgencies, state or non-state armed groups?) and how common police brutality is (presumably under due process).

All of these suggestions will be evaluated. The only thing is that there exists both an International Corruption Index and an International Safety Index which would be more suited to deal with some of the things you have suggested.

Thanks for the feedback nonetheless!
Last edited by Drongonia on Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:58 am

Drongonia wrote:All of these suggestions will be evaluated. The only thing is that there exists both an International Corruption Index and an International Safety Index which would be more suited to deal with some of the things you have suggested.

Understandable, thanks for the response.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Airceltria
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2021

Postby Airceltria » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:54 pm

So is there a precise date in which we can finally fill in the index or that is still undetermined?

Ezmwalia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ezmwalia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Airceltria wrote:So is there a precise date in which we can finally fill in the index or that is still undetermined?

I second this. I still have my responses saved and ready.

Drongonia
Minister

Postby Drongonia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:51 pm

Airceltria wrote:So is there a precise date in which we can finally fill in the index or that is still undetermined?

Ezmwalia wrote:I second this. I still have my responses saved and ready.

Firstly, thanks for having enough interest to take the index in the first place, it means a lot :)

In the OP it does say:
This public consultation will last approximately one week. However, this may change at the sole discretion of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I'll limit this to a week, so I will make a new thread (and link to it here) tomorrow [NZ Time]. This gives me time to complete the marking schedule and complete everything else. I hope this helps.

Drongonia
Minister

Postby Drongonia » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:21 am

Just an update everyone. Submissions for further feedback have been closed and a new thread link where the index will be hosted will be posted tomorrow.

Thank you so much to everyone that provided feedback on the index! :hug: - This is the first time I've asked for feedback from the public on one of these indexes, and it certainly won't be the last.

Note: If you have something you think is reallyreallyreally urgent about the index, please TG me before it goes live tomorrow and I will look over the suggestion, rather than using the thread.

From the "team" at the IFI,
Thank you so much!
Last edited by Drongonia on Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drongonia
Minister

Postby Drongonia » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:32 am

For anyone still watching this thread, the official International Freedom Index thread is right here!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information