NATION

PASSWORD

[WIP] Factbook Templates | Wiki-style + more

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

[WIP] Factbook Templates | Wiki-style + more

Postby Free Las Pinas » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:45 pm

Disclaimer: These are templates to be used on dispatches, and would therefore not work very well on the forums, and most definitely not on IIWiki or other wikis! If you'd like to request edits, ask questions, or give advice, this is the thread to do it.

23/05/2021 EDIT: Lots more templates have been finished-ish, but I'm yet to be in the organizing mood to post all of them and update this thread, so bear with me I guess!

19/09/2022 EDIT: I CTE'd a while back and only came back recently. Not sure how active I'll be to get around to working on newer templates, but feel free to TG me about particular requests and I'll endeavor to complete them at the most reasonable time I can manage.

:)

Wiki-style

If you don't know how you want to format your factbook, wiki-style ones are definitely an option. If you're not familiar with the term usage, I suggest you check out a Wikipedia page. These pages typically contain an introduction, a sidebar on the right, a table of contents sidebar on the left, and several different sections throughout. Overall, making for a professional looking factbook.

Huge credit goes to Ponderosa for their iconic Wiki-style overview, which the following templates are heavily inspired by.

Military Conflict

I don’t typically venture into my nation’s military, but someone mentioned an an armed conflict factbook, and creating a template for it was tempting. I, of course, didn’t think about it all by myself. I took a ton of inspiration from Wikipedia, specifically “the Battle of the Bulge”, as I was just reading that one.

As for the elements of this template, it has an easily customizable sidebar, which features the battle's quick facts, such as location and date. It also has a contents sidebar, which already has anchors, so all you need to do is edit the titles to your convenience. The template also has an accompanying sampler, which you could use to see how it would look like all laid out, or slightly customized.

Playfair

This is a style I’ve been playing around with a bit, and it utilizes the fonts Playfair Display (for headers), Futura (for sidebars; all in capital letters), and Georgia (for the body). It’s a modern-style factbook, which would have the usual format for any factbook, except it uses a different font, which together, has a nice aesthetic appeal.

Legislation

Admittedly, I’m not too good at explaining the bits on why X must be here, and why Y should only be in the bottom, but I think this article by Imperium Anglorum sums things up pretty well. Once you understand the things outlined in that post, you’re free to go and edit the template to your pleasure. The template includes a pre-made header, with the actual law being up to you to add in. Feel free to request edits to make it easier to add in images, sidebars, or anything else you’d like to see in this factbook, as well as do it yourself.
Last edited by Free Las Pinas on Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:48 am, edited 14 times in total.

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Last edited by Free Las Pinas on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Reserved
Last edited by Free Las Pinas on Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Factbooks and National Information