NATION

PASSWORD

New Carthagea Q&A Thread [IC & OOC]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:13 am

Linkers Sha wrote:Wait a minute ukraine still has crimea ???

In this world, yes.
Last edited by New Carthagea on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Phoenician Kingdom of New Carthagea
Brief Overview | ♛ Government | ♖ People
The Father Has Come:  The Pope has started his 5 day visit to New Carthagea today in Phoenicia. He will meet HM The King later this day, and will address the joint session of the Parliament.
America Leaves Egypt! In a surprising turn of events, US President Biden has announced that he will be ordering the retreat of all American troops from American-occupied Egypt, says will work towards restoration of democracy.

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:31 am

Gentle bump for people to see their questions answered!
The Father Has Come:  The Pope has started his 5 day visit to New Carthagea today in Phoenicia. He will meet HM The King later this day, and will address the joint session of the Parliament.
America Leaves Egypt! In a surprising turn of events, US President Biden has announced that he will be ordering the retreat of all American troops from American-occupied Egypt, says will work towards restoration of democracy.

America Maior
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby America Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:49 am

To whomever it may concern,

My inquiries are in regards to the state of Tunisia, the freedom of the Tunisian people and the violations of international law and human rights committed by New Carthage against Tunisia and its people.

Firstly, what is the justification for the undemocratic declaration of war issued by His Majesty Christophe II upon the Republic of Tunisia, why was the king allowed to issue such an undemocratic and ultimately tyrannical declaration, and how has the international community not rightly dragged him before The Hague to face justice?

Secondly, why are the Carthaginian, American and European peoples so supportive of a colonialist-imperialist regime (New Carthage) lording over Tunisia and violating basic human rights? Is this down to Tunisia being Muslim and Arab/Berber, thus showing the religious and ethnic bigotry of Carthaginians, or bigoted ultranationalist and revanchist viewpoints being prevalent amongst the unfortunately voting population?

Thirdly and finally, what does New Carthage have to say for itself when it has proven itself among the Axis of Evil by deliberately and knowingly depriving a nation of freedom and independence under the mentally-ill wishes of a tyrant, whose undemocratic decree has been supported by a bigoted and ultranationalist populous that stains the reputation of European nations, desecrates the continent’s most basic shared values and spits upon the legacies of its free-thinkers and humanist traditions?

With disappointment,
Anonymous
——————
——————
——————
Commonwealth of America :: “E Pluribus Unum”
An idyllic America where technogaianist-agrarianism is the norm, homogeneity is alien and the pursuit of happiness is achievable.
Sep 27, 2020 AD
| The Grillside Paper :: Boston Police Dep. arrests ethnic Azeri teen after death threats to Armenian classmate were posted online with classmate’s address and phone number. // President Ingram posts video’d message of hope for environmental conservation along with scathing criticism of crimes against nature in Brazil and China. // Black youth icon and Olympian Kemal West granted Presidential Citizens Medal.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 pm

New Carthagea wrote:
Linkers Sha wrote:Wait a minute ukraine still has crimea ???

In this world, yes.

POLAND HAS SLOVAKIA!?
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Wuchu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wuchu » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:13 pm

Olamhaba#9550
sverdlov@wuchu.xml
Greetings, Your Majesty

I write this with a few pressing questions in mind. I personally couldn't attend the recent wedding in your nation, as much as I would have liked to at that time. My friends tell me that it was for the best that I didn't end up going - my apologies for what they did to your castle's backyard, and congratulations to the wedded couple.

However, I'm not here to really discuss weddings. I've wondered for a long time what the mindset behind imperialism, and such brutal war as the one your nation was involved in during your so-called 'reconquest' of Tunisia and the Northern Arab peoples. Do you sometimes regret sending men to die, or is your faith in your cause so great that it's only a passing thought?
I don't mean to sound rude. I'm sorry if it comes off that way. Perhaps it's a side-effect of how great the differences in our worldviews are.

Does your nation intend to establish a space program at some point in the future? Is there one already in the works? If so, what are your policies towards this new frontier?
I fear that cosmos will be the next battleground of imperialism, and that instead of the promised joys and prosperity that are supposed to come from space exploration, interplanetary expansion, and asteroid mining will only serve the interests of the ruling classes, while abandoning the workers to ever-worsening conditions, deprived of even the ability to ask for more by great stellar empires.

Long live the people's struggle!
Comrade Sverdlov
Commissar of the Order of the Sparrow
Head Archivist
documenting the experiment against nihilism.
crossroads up ahead

我爱北京天安门

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
New Carthagea wrote:In this world, yes.

POLAND HAS SLOVAKIA!?

Always has been

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:49 pm

America Maior wrote:
To whomever it may concern,

My inquiries are in regards to the state of Tunisia, the freedom of the Tunisian people and the violations of international law and human rights committed by New Carthage against Tunisia and its people.

Firstly, what is the justification for the undemocratic declaration of war issued by His Majesty Christophe II upon the Republic of Tunisia, why was the king allowed to issue such an undemocratic and ultimately tyrannical declaration, and how has the international community not rightly dragged him before The Hague to face justice?

Secondly, why are the Carthaginian, American and European peoples so supportive of a colonialist-imperialist regime (New Carthage) lording over Tunisia and violating basic human rights? Is this down to Tunisia being Muslim and Arab/Berber, thus showing the religious and ethnic bigotry of Carthaginians, or bigoted ultranationalist and revanchist viewpoints being prevalent amongst the unfortunately voting population?

Thirdly and finally, what does New Carthage have to say for itself when it has proven itself among the Axis of Evil by deliberately and knowingly depriving a nation of freedom and independence under the mentally-ill wishes of a tyrant, whose undemocratic decree has been supported by a bigoted and ultranationalist populous that stains the reputation of European nations, desecrates the continent’s most basic shared values and spits upon the legacies of its free-thinkers and humanist traditions?

With disappointment,
Anonymous

From The Inquiries Office,
  • The nations of New Carthagea and the United States of America have both openly stated, in public domain, that the primary motives for starting the war were to annex territory which were rightfully belonging to the people of Phoenician heritage, and to liberate the people of the region of North Africa from tyranny, instability and poverty. The international community's deliberations on the war are still going on, and HM The King may be called by the ICC for a review in the future.
  • There are no human right violations being committed by New Carthagea or any of the other nations which currently occupy large parts of northern Africa. They are being given all the basic civil and economic freedoms necessary by the UN, although certain political freedoms have been temporarily suspended for the sake of national security. This is not just an act of revanchism, it is also an attempt at trying to liberate the people of the Maghreb and Mashriq from the shackles of tyranny.
  • The Parliament has granted imperium to HM The King in a completely democratic way by conducting snap elections, for which about 90% of all elected representatives in the parliament had voted in. The populace/electorate has not raised any questions and/or referenda for reviewing the decision, and hence, is definitively not a violation of the political freedoms or democratic values of New Carthagea.

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:30 am

Wuchu wrote:

Olamhaba#9550
sverdlov@wuchu.xml
Greetings, Your Majesty

I write this with a few pressing questions in mind. I personally couldn't attend the recent wedding in your nation, as much as I would have liked to at that time. My friends tell me that it was for the best that I didn't end up going - my apologies for what they did to your castle's backyard, and congratulations to the wedded couple.

However, I'm not here to really discuss weddings. I've wondered for a long time what the mindset behind imperialism, and such brutal war as the one your nation was involved in during your so-called 'reconquest' of Tunisia and the Northern Arab peoples. Do you sometimes regret sending men to die, or is your faith in your cause so great that it's only a passing thought?
I don't mean to sound rude. I'm sorry if it comes off that way. Perhaps it's a side-effect of how great the differences in our worldviews are.

Does your nation intend to establish a space program at some point in the future? Is there one already in the works? If so, what are your policies towards this new frontier?
I fear that cosmos will be the next battleground of imperialism, and that instead of the promised joys and prosperity that are supposed to come from space exploration, interplanetary expansion, and asteroid mining will only serve the interests of the ruling classes, while abandoning the workers to ever-worsening conditions, deprived of even the ability to ask for more by great stellar empires.

Long live the people's struggle!
Comrade Sverdlov
Commissar of the Order of the Sparrow
Head Archivist

His Majesty, the King of New Carthagea
Europe's Most Handsome!
"Greetings, Sverdlov. As you have yourself opined, our political views are drastically different, and hence, the moral consequences of certain actions will be judged differently by us. However, it is always sad to see brave men and women loose their lives fighting for their country. However, I and my government have recognized that the liberty, prosperity and freedom from tyranny that the north African people will get from this war will be an extremely noble cause, and our soldiers were prepared to die for it.

We do have a space program. Our aeronautics and space agency was first established in 1949, and since then, we've sent our first satellite in 1972, and have sent a total of 12 astronauts till date to the International Space Station. On the note of space imperialism, however, we strictly adhere to the norms laid out by the UN charter. Space is the common heritage of all of humanity and the future, and we shall neither mess with it, nor shall we stay silent if others do.
-Christophe

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:52 am

/Bump

Linkers Sha
Envoy

Founded: May 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Linkers Sha » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:54 am

This one is for christoph from Axel and i quote "regret accepting ross to the wedding ?"
Linkers Sha
"For a greater Linkers Sha !!!"
For an armed, free and equal Linkers Sha !!!
Ministry of Health News : The Ministry of Health has started researching the causes for the increase in vision-related disorders in the populace, as the number of laser-surgeries for treating near-sightedness has skyrocketed in recent years.
News From Egypt: Egyptians from British and American-occupied territories of Egypt have now been granted permission to meet their families and loved ones separated from them in Linkers Sha-occupied Egypt. However, residents of LS-occupied Egypt have still not been granted permission to leave the region.
lots of Thanks and credits for New Carthagea

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:48 am

Linkers Sha wrote:This one is for christoph from Axel and i quote "regret accepting ross to the wedding ?"

Europe's Most Handsome!
"Greetings, Axel; it has been quite some time since I have talked to you. Alas, you are right, inviting Ross to my sister's wedding was a terrible decision. I don't know who invited him, for neither I nor Margaret would invite such a nincompoop, and no one else in the family knows about him. He infiltrated the castle with terrorists and outright terrorized the event. However, what has happened has happened. Let us move on, we have more important things to do than ponder about that fool who loves pagan women.
-Christophe

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:00 am

New Carthagea wrote:
Linkers Sha wrote:This one is for christoph from Axel and i quote "regret accepting ross to the wedding ?"

Europe's Most Handsome!
"Greetings, Axel; it has been quite some time since I have talked to you. Alas, you are right, inviting Ross to my sister's wedding was a terrible decision. I don't know who invited him, for neither I nor Margaret would invite such a nincompoop, and no one else in the family knows about him. He infiltrated the castle with terrorists and outright terrorized the event. However, what has happened has happened. Let us move on, we have more important things to do than ponder about that fool who loves pagan women.
-Christophe

"...how about I show you pagan at the end of my- actually, whatever. It doesn't matter. I have a question for you- how do you plan on responding to Feyrisshire's rebuke of your demands? Even if I do not agree with your war, you have won it fairly, and their refusal to accept it is an insult to your people."
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am

Kiu Ghesik wrote:-Snip-

From The Inquiries Office,
  • HM The King and his most loyal Government have taken notice of the unacceptance of the terms laid out by the Treaty of Rome by the Feyris government.
  • The External Affairs ministry is constantly observing the situation, and is reporting any developments to HM The King and the Prime Minister.
  • We will provide the Feyris government more time to reverse their current decision to not give reparations to the victors. If they failed to do so in that stipulated time period of about 30 days, they will have to face backlash from the international community.
  • Both the New Carthaginian government and people know it is a matter of great embarrassment for the Feyris people and government to pay the reparations as the vanquished, and hence do not take it as an insult, but rather as an attempt to reduce their own shame.
Last edited by New Carthagea on Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Linkers Sha
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Linkers Sha » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:37 am

I'm going to the hague eh ? hehe this will be fun last time i was there i was on trial
-Comrade Jeff
Linkers Sha
Ministry of Health News : The Ministry of Health has started researching the causes for the increase in vision-related disorders in the populace, as the number of laser-surgeries for treating near-sightedness has skyrocketed in recent years.
News From Egypt: Egyptians from British and American-occupied territories of Egypt have now been granted permission to meet their families and loved ones separated from them in Linkers Sha-occupied Egypt. However, residents of LS-occupied Egypt have still not been granted permission to leave the region.

Baloo Kingdom
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 22, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Baloo Kingdom » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:41 am

How did you rise to F7 prevalence so quickly?
- King Baloo von Bruinwald XIII
Ohioan, friend, and adept memer, Baloo has got it all.

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:09 am

Linkers Sha wrote:I'm going to the hague eh ? hehe this will be fun last time i was there i was on trial
-Comrade Jeff

:)

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:20 am

Baloo Kingdom wrote:How did you rise to F7 prevalence so quickly?
- King Baloo von Bruinwald XIII

OOC: Uh, it's a rather awkward question to answer, because it might come out as bragging. Anyways, I think the keys to achieve F7 prevalence are mainly as follows:
  • Having well-formatted factbooks with good content, do not procrastinate in the first few days.
  • Try to have a concept more unique. Common clichés include German empires, FT space empires, alt-Americas, alt-Romes etc.
  • Be active on the forums, and try to participate on as many threads as possible. Let people know of your nation.
  • Try to establish RPs which are inclusive and entertaining for nations to join. The Second Carthaginian War, I'm sure, is what made popular at first.

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:34 am

/Bump

Linkers Sha
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Linkers Sha » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 am

Is new Carthagea in the european union ???
Linkers Sha

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:43 am

Linkers Sha wrote:Is new Carthagea in the european union ???

The European Union does not exist in my alternative canon, so it does not.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:52 am

Semi-OOC: Is Nacrad actually canon in your universe? I've noted that I have opened up multiple dimensions to many areas, the first of which being Nacrad's. If so, what was your government's reaction to the appearance of a mysterious portal?
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:56 am

"What is New Carthagea's general view towards the South American nation of Langenia?"
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:58 am

so King Christophe II do you prefer Cats or dogs, or perhaps some other animal?

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:52 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Semi-OOC: Is Nacrad actually canon in your universe? I've noted that I have opened up multiple dimensions to many areas, the first of which being Nacrad's. If so, what was your government's reaction to the appearance of a mysterious portal?

Nacrad is canon in my universe. It exists in the same world as we do in this canon. Therefore, there was no presence of any portals to the country of Nacrad, simply because they exist in our world. Apart from that, the existence of multiversal portals is kept a great secret, and very few members of the royalty and the government know about their existence.

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:04 am

Langenia wrote:"What is New Carthagea's general view towards the South American nation of Langenia?"

New Carthagea has the following stances towards the nation of Langenia.
  • New Carthagea condemns Langenia for being an autocratic dictatorship, because people of all countries have right to political freedoms, and the ability to choose their own leaders in a free and fair electoral process.
  • New Carthagea believes that Langenia is a strategic partner in the Americas region, and is willing to extend an arm of economic and military partnership if the Langenian dictatorship can be more liberal in its governance

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information