NATION

PASSWORD

Shura Council meeting of the Islamic Empire( Closed to IE on

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Please vote to accept the new constitution

I approve.
83%
I reject.
17%

Total votes : 6

Tazikistan
Civilian

Founded: Aug 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tazikistan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:50 am

I think the term of the Ayatollah should be at least 60 days. Otherwise am okay with it.

Baghdad Caliphate
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Baghdad Caliphate » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:42 am

The term of the Wazir can be changed, I believe. I have some concern about the name Ayatollah for the supreme leader.

Dawood Ibrahim
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawood Ibrahim » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Supported the constitution proposal. We can always amend something we don't like. Talking of that there should be an amendment clause.

Baghdad Caliphate
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Baghdad Caliphate » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:03 am

"Amendment:

For any constitutional amendment, an amendment bill must be placed in the Loya Jirga and after debate, put up for vote. After being passed by the Loya Jirga by a simple majority, it must be approved by a 2/3rd majority of the Shoora Council."

What about this above clause?
Last edited by Baghdad Caliphate on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawood Ibrahim
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawood Ibrahim » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:54 am

There are 5 votes in favour of the constitution.
We have currently 9 members, out of which 7 are citizens. So we have 5/7th majority.
I propose a motion to declare the constitution as passed by the comity of nations.

Baghdad Caliphate
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Baghdad Caliphate » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:16 am

The vote passes.
We have a new constitution.
Mughal Huqumat, congrats.

Mughal Huqumat
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Constitution draft after refounding

Postby Mughal Huqumat » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:28 am

We, the citizen nations of the Islamic Empire, solemnly resolve to adopt a new constitution which shall guarantee freedom, equality and rule of law in the comity of nations which constitute it's membership and hereby frame the following legal guidelines which shall be in immediate effect for the governance of the region:-
I. The Islamic Empire shall be a constitutional monarchy and democratic executive.
1(a) SULTAN:
The nation of Western Arab Empire or its official puppet in Islamic Empire will be designated as the Sultan and will be the permanent member of the Supreme policy making executive called the Shoora Council with a vote.The Sultan may declare a state of emergency if he is satisified that the region faces threat (whether internal or external). The decision to lock the region may be taken by the Sultan after imposition of emergency. This however shall need post facto approval of the Shoora Council with a simple majority.
1(b) LOYA JIRGA: The Loya Jirga , presided by the Emir, will be the Parliament of the region with supreme powers to legislate. All citizen members of the region will be members of the Loya Jirga. Any member in the Loya Jirga may be elected to be members of the Shoora Council.

1(c) The executive head of the govt is the WAZIR AL AWWAL, one of the members of the Shoora Council, elected in elections held every 60 days (under normal conditions). He appoints the cabinet ministers and shall have regional powers of border, communication, appearance, embassies and polls. He shall have the authority to guard the region and eject/banject any raiding nation or nation affiliated with raiders or nations working for the destabilization of the region. The decision shall have post-facto approval of the Shoora Council by a simple majority.
II. THE SHOORA COUNCIL :
The supreme power shall be vested in a 3 member council called the Shoora Council, as per clause 1(a), whose members include the Sultan, the Wazir and the Emir and shall also hold the responsibility of formulation of regional policy, grant citizenship, declare emergency and act as the Supreme Court of the region. All 3 members will have equal vote. The head of the Shoora council will be the Sultan.All Shoora Council members shall have all regional powers: viz, border controls, communication, embassies, appearance and polls.
III. THE EMIR:
The EMIR shall be the legislative head of the Shoora Council and preside over the suitings of the Loya Jirga.He shall be elected every 60 days.
IV. WAZIR AL AWWAL and his Cabinet:
1.The WAZIR AL AWWAL shall be the elected executive head of the region and shall be answerable to the Shoora Council. He will also hold a vote in the Shoora council as invited member.

2. The WAZIR AL AWWAL or his foreign minister can also build embassies with other regions, which shall be approved by the Shoora Council by a simple majority.He will be in charge of forging alliances with other regions and his actions shall require the WAZIR AL AWWAL's assent and passed by majority of the Shoora Council.

3. The WAZIR AL AWWAL may also appoint a member from amongst the other citizen nations , who will act as foreign minister.

4. In addition, a minister for internal security( interior) may be appointed from the Loya Jirga by the Wazir Al Awwal.He shall be in charge of recruitment and internal security and also monitor the RMB for any unlawful, activity. He shall recommend to the WAZIR AL AWWAL for suppression of posts if deemed necessary for the interest of the region and also issue warning to members for violating NS ettiquettes.The Wazir Al Awwal may grant him power of communication and polls in the region.

V. LEGISLATION
:
Any member of the region may propose a bill to the Loya Jirga, which shall be debated and then voted upon with a simple majority to make it Act. The Act must signed by the SULTAN to become a law. Constitutional Amendments shall require 2/3rd majority of the Loya Jirga.
VI. In the absence of the Sultan for more than 30 days, the current founding nation of Islamic Empire shall act on his behalf.

Ali Imam
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Shoora Council meeting,(WAE, Ali Imam, Dawood Ibrahim only)

Postby Ali Imam » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:26 pm

The Ayatollah Khrumeini of Ali Imam walked in the ornate hexagon shaped room. Two guards outside the door, heavily turbaned and adorned with a sword and an automatic, saluted to attention .
Khrumeini was the first to enter the Shoora Council Meeting room.
There was a lot of business to be enacted and he didn't want to waste time. He needed to go back to his own nation immediately after the meeting as there were reports of a Sunni rebellion in the Bakhtiyar province and his presence back home as the spiritual and political head of the nation of Ali Imam was required.
He sat in a chair and started strumming his fingers on the leather clad file on the shining mahogany table. He was getting impatient.
Last edited by Ali Imam on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dawood Ibrahim
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawood Ibrahim » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Dawood Ibrahim's cavalcade stopped in front of the Shoora Building and he rushed out, climbed the long flight of marble stairs and was ushered into the great hall of the council. The staff looked resplendent in their bright red turbaned attire, beards trimmed. He stepped into the hall where he could see the Ayatollah of Ali Imam sitting impatiently on a chair.
He was almost intimidated by the jet black flowing beard, long green robes and the huge bulbous turban on the Ayatollah. He looked imposing to say the least. He thought about himself.Here he was, a don of an smuggling empire who purchased a 100 islands in the Arabian sea, gathered his own private armed force and declared an independent nation carved out of those 100 islands . By the grace of Allah, he was today the Emir of this new international bloc of nations called the Islamic Empire, which he had joined for more security for his nation.
And there was the Islamic intellectual Ayatollah who had millions of fanatic fans who were ready ready to die for him.
He bowed and said," Salam Alaikum, Grand Ayatollah."
Last edited by Dawood Ibrahim on Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ali Imam
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ali Imam » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:33 am

Well, we have waited for the Sultan, who has falied to turn up. Let's start.
Firstly, we have a Citizenship application from Armisael who has migrated from UEI to Islamic Empire. The Shoora needs to grant citizenship.
I say , Aye for Armisael's citizenship.

Secondly, I wish to state that I am appointing one Minister:
Minister of Foreign affairs: Baghdad Caliphate
I shall appoint a Minister of Internal Security after I get the affirmation from the candidate.

Dawood Ibrahim
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawood Ibrahim » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:56 am

My vote on granting citizenship to Armisael is AYE.
I guess, the motion passes in the absence of the Sultan, 2:0.

Baghdad Caliphate will be a great interface with our foreign relations.

Although there is no constitutional provision, whether you can appoint Mughal Huqumat as the Minister of Legal affairs, his expertise will be required to frame laws.

Eastern Arab Empire
Civilian

Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Arab Empire » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:39 pm

[OOC: I apologize for my delay. I have been occupied by some other matters.]

I abstain from the vote on Armisael's citizenship. I cast my vote in favor of Baghdad Caliphate assuming the position of Foreign Affairs Minister. I reserve comment on appointing Mughal Huqumat as Legal Affairs Minister until the Council is informed of who has been nominated for Interior Affairs Minister.
Last edited by Eastern Arab Empire on Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawood Ibrahim
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawood Ibrahim » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:33 am

Armisael's citizenship application is now granted.
Congrats to Baghdad Caliphate.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information