NATION

PASSWORD

International Index of Corruption

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Syfenq
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Syfenq » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Haven't done one of these in years

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Sultanate of Syfenq
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Sure

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 20/100000 citizens
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 10/100000 citizens
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? Yes
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? No
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? The Prime Minister did (Sultan is a ceremonial figurehead)

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Yes
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? Yes
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Yes
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Largely yes

Corruption Monitoring and Reporting
Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? A fair amount. No
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes but this freedom is widely perceived to be abused
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes, perhaps to a fault

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 20 years
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 20 years + barred from seeking office
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? None
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 10 years + 1000000 new francRiel fine
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Y
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? N/A
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

Successor state of Nouveau Yathrib (more on that here)
About This World | Factbooks and Dispatches | OOC Info | OOC: Why I'm still on NS | Public Relations | iiWiki

Historic Migration to Syfenq by Country | Languages of Syfenq (continued) | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Jamilkhuze
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Jamilkhuze » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Republic of Jamilkhuze
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? oui

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 10/100000 citizens
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 1/100000 citizens
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? No
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Yes

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Yes
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? Yes
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Absolutely
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? YES

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? A fair amount. Yes
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 20 years
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 20 years + barred from seeking office or serving in the government
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Difficult to define legally, but in theory inciting hatred against a group of people based on race, religion, ethnicity, or language would result in a fine and/or being asked to step down from office
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 20 years + 1000000 new francRiel fine
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes, absolutely

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Y
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? N/A
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

Successor state of Nouveau Yathrib (more on that here)
About Our World | Factbooks and Dispatches | OOC Info | OOC: Why I'm Still on NS | Public Relations | iiWiki

Historic Migration to Jamilkhuze by Country | Languages of Jamilkhuze (continued) | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Conservative Republic Of Huang
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Republic Of Huang » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:34 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Atheistic Republic of the Conservative Republic of Huang
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 40-50 minor cases usually involving legal minutia and failure to report gifts, high profile cases only happen once or twice a decade
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 100
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? No

Corruption Prevention
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Yes
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Yes

If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? It is empowered to hand down indictments and warrants and seize assets.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 25 years
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 30 years and a ban on ever standing for public office
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? 10 years
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 5 years and/or 20000 huang fine
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes

END
Are you satisfied with this index?
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? No
Pro: Direct democracy, e-democracy, parliamentary sovereignty, state secularism, non-violent direct action (striking), police reform, syndicalism, democratic workplace management
Anti: Most types of representative democracy, ultra-nationalism, imperialism, autocratic workplace management, the state

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say syndicalism now, syndicalism tomorrow, syndicalism forever."
not conservative or a republic
Transparency

Chadtonia
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chadtonia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The United Provinces of Chadtonia
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Already recieved. :)

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year?
Indeterminable, as some arrests are classified from public. It is not deducible how many of these arrests are specifically related to corruption charges.

How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year?
Indeterminable, for same reason listed above.

Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels?
Yes. However, it is not necessarily determinable if these complaints are accurate. The Federal Government regulates content on the internet, as the internet is a public service provided by the government.

Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year?[/

Yes. I am editor of government liaison documents, and I have witnessed disturbing negotiations within the Federal Council. However, my position hicas editor precludes my legal ability to expose such unethical and possibly illegal practices.

[b]Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means?

Yes

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts?
Each Province or Territory will make such laws. There are currently no anti-corruption laws at the Federal level.

Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection?
Sort of. Depending on the nature of the election, the government may restrict inspection from third party agencies.

Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption?
No.

Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military?
Each Provinces will determine if such laws are necessary for that region.

Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely?
Depends on the indivual ruling of the provinces.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption?
Yes. Incidences of corruption may be reported to The Federal Criminology Department, and if determined to be viable such information will be transferred to the Federal Court.

If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests?
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption?
Yes. There are independent government bodies within certain provinces.

If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption?[/b.
Yes.

[b]Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation?

Yes. However, the federal government regulates content on the internet, which is legal for them to do, since the internet is a public service.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means?
20 years in a federal maximum security prison, with or without possibility of parole.

What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud?
20 years in a federal maximum security prison, with or without possibility of parole.

What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election?
20 years in a federal minimum security prison, with or without the possibility of parole.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime?
20 years in a federal minimum security prison, with mandatory counseling sessions, and with or without the possibility of parole.

Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place?[/b
This would depend on the provincial laws or nature of the crimes, whether committed on a Province or Federal level.

END
[b]Are you satisfied with this index?

Yes.

Any suggestions or comments on how to improve?
No.
Last edited by Chadtonia on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Yubba gofthey burqa nit"-- Emperor Chad the Second in Historical Chadtonian.

Click here for more information about Chadtonia

Free Republic of Hong Kong
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:09 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) Free Republic of Hong Kong
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 0.15
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 0.9 acts

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes and it is very many

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes , HKACC
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? Much , it can
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes mainly Transparency Institute HK

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 300 years in prison
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 200 years in prison
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? 78 years in prison
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 99 years in prison

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Very satisfied
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? none
HKTV News = An terrorist affliated with Tupeia bombs National Tower killing 154 people and 677 injured NTV News = Communist Alliance leader Kwok Wan sentenced to exile due to treason, SBC News = First free and fair elections held in Sichuan, estimates Zhao Waofang from SDP will win

Poopoo Stinkface
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Poopoo Stinkface » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:52 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) the Sloppy Seconds of Poopoo Stinkface
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Yasss queen!

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 60 (from January 1st of this year, under the now-defunct Republic of Poop to the current date, approximately 2 weeks after independence)
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? Is there an infinity sign in unicode?
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? They used to, until the communications industry was nationalized by the current interim government. Now those that do are disappeared as a matter of course by various governmental and criminal interests.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? I mean, I guess so, yeah.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Yes. Interim President Phattbottom was placed in his position by an international coalition that was withdrawing from the ruins of the Republic of Poop, and has ruled uninterrupted since.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes; in fact, much of the nation's oversight and anti-graft/corruption laws were written up by said international coalition, but the de facto one-man dictatorship of the Interim President and the pervasive influence he wields through his secret police and his less than savory associates means that they are selectively enforced.
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? They were, again, but Phattbottom used his emergency powers to invalidate their results at the national level and installed a minority government under one of his former business partners as PM (against the wishes of a majority of the Legislature.)
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? You're a riot! You should consider a career in stand-up comedy sometime.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? It became defunct the moment the last WA boots stepped off of Turdlike soil.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Discreetly? Yeah. Anonymously? You sweet summer child. The Phattbottom Administration cares too much about your well-being to allow you to do that.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes, but it's staffed in its entirety by the Interim President's yes-men.
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? Nominally, it has sweeping powers to detain, charge, and try suspects accused of corruption or breach of the public trust, but, due to the composition of its management, those powers have only been used to shunt a few particularly irritating lawmakers down into the Central Prison's basement.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes, of course, including multiple international watchdogs, but the state very rarely sanctions their visits.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Think North Korea in terms of what they're shown. The answer to that would be no, and no, unless they wish to report on what Prisoners' Labor Lager Camp #152 looks like from the inside.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes, but as always, you do run the risk of grievous bodily harm to both you and your family if you do so particularly loudly or publicly.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? That would be subject to the President's authority (however, as Phattbottom is technically a placeholder, he is not granted that power). Now, due to the caretaker nature of the current government, the Republic of Poop's laws are in force here, which recommends a maximum penalty of fifty years in prison with the possibility of parole after five years for the above crime.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? See above. The penalty can be multiplied by two for every vote cast incorrectly/in a malicious manner.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Five years hard labor and immediate registration with your local police station as a felon.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? *chuckles in oligarchy* None, if you know how to play your cards right. Nominally, you should get up to twenty-five years in the clink for especially egregious cases, and around ten for your run-of-the-mill double-dipping into tax revenues/customs duties.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes, but that's only because all of the accused up to now since independence have been members of the opposition/dissidents.

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Yes.
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? It seems to work well according to everybody else. Keep up the good work!

City 26 Adachester
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby City 26 Adachester » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:42 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) City 26, Designated 'Adachester'
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Yes, please.

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? Unknown; likely to be few.
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? Extremely many.
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? Yes.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? Yes.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? No.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Government officials? No. Private civilians? On paper, yes, but not de facto.
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? No.
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? No.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? No.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Yes, but it is few and far between.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? No.
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? N/A.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? No.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? N/A.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Privately, yes.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Something equivalent to a slap on the wrist.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? N/A.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? N/A.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 2 years imprisonment.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? No.

END
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? No.
A totalitarian cyberpunk city located in former British Columbia, City 26, Designated 'Adachester', is one of the few cities left on Earth. A haven for black market activities, illegal running operations, and the most prominent of the international corporations, Adachester is the definition of 'cyberpunk'.

The only NS stats not used are economic freedom, wealth equality, and population. Socialism was a mistake policy, will be removed when I get the chance.

The Master Primotav
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Master Primotav » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 am

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Overlord's Muse of The Master Primotav

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? While it is covered up, sources say 23,000 arrests a year.
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? While it is covered up, sources say 34,000
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? No there is no freedom of speech
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? Yes
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Legal. He was the son of the past king

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? No
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? There is no elections
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? No their oath is just to say they won't betray the leader.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? It was discussed but not carried through
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? If you report corruption the citizen will be tracked down.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes; however, they are hunted by law enforcement
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? It has no authority. They are more of a rebellion.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes; however, they are hunted by law enforcement
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? No
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? No

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Not known
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? Not known
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Not known
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? Not known
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? No

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Yes
Darnoc Llork is the savior of Primotav
The Primotavien Empire is ever expanding their galactic empire
Join the Novian Galaxy for a true home

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:19 am

Your nation's full name Great Bountiful Empire of the United Turtles, Mushrooms, and Men of TurtleShroom
Would you like to receive a Telegram updating you when your nation has been scored? Yes.

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? Tens of thousands.
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? Dozens, possibly hundreds or a few thousand.
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? They are encouraged to, and the government, at all levels, actively monitors for them.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? No*
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Yes, the current Tsars were elected as prescribed by the imperial Constitution.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes.
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Yes, unconditionally.
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? Yes.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Health and education are not a public sectors. TurtleShroom's education system is subsidized by the state and is made free (at taxpayer's expense), but the entire system is completely privatized and based on competition.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? No, but a whistleblower or accuser is afforded full police protection for the duration of the investigation.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes, there are hundreds of such agencies.
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? It varies sharply, but all of them can mandate termination of employment, subpoena witnesses, issue summons, and are immune from being fired by the bodies they oversee (but not the Crown and not lower administrative divisions) without just cause.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes, and they are encouraged to do so.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes, and they are encouraged to do so.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes, and they are encouraged to do so.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Death or life in prison.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? Death or life in prison.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Not a crime, but getting caught usually costs you the election or gets you Recalled.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? Death or life in prison.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Not until they are convicted of a crime, unless they have been caught committing a violent or sexual crime (the lattermost includes nonviolent crimes like sodomy).

END
Are you satisfied with this index?
Somewhat, as it's not a really accurate model because of a lack of questions on specific acts, like nepotism and patronage.

You should be asking how the state defines corruption, and what specific issues exist. Is nepotism okay? Is a spoils/patronage system in place?

* = The official taking the survey is a low-level bureaucrat at the Federal Bureaucracy Board.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:51 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Federal Republic of Minskiev
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Sure.

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? I’d say...2
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 0
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? In the extremely rare case that there is, they report it to us, privately.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? Has the leader? No.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Perfectly legal.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Of course!
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Of course!
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? Yes, but the overwhelming majority who get in are already found to have integrity.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Ding ding ding.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Of course!

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Definitely.
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? A decent bit, it’s able to reach out to the local executives. If it gets enough support.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Of course!
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Without a doubt!

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Maximum? Well, life in prison, plus a fine roughly equivalent to their years in prison times 1,000.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? Life in prison plus corporal punishment, and a fine of one Minskievian Ruble per fraudulent vote.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Absolute maximum is life, but it’s not like this is really hit.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? Define that. If one murders another due to conflicting interests, then maximum is life, if, say, there’s a mass shooting about...religion. If people merely disagree and nothing else, no crime there.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Only if it looks like they’re guilty, because if guaranteed yes, then think of the corruption there!

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Yeah.
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? Nah.
Last edited by Minskiev on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Cascadia Ecotopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascadia Ecotopia » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) Republic of Cascadia

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? At least 90 on regional scale and above, officially unknown for local level.
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? ~100-150
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? Rarely; when it happens, yes.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? Yes

Corruption Prevention

If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? It has a semi-strong authority. It operates on all government levels/areas, reports of corruption are notified to the level/area of government it occurred in. It is allowed to make arrests "if absolutely and definitely necessary".

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 10 Years per count
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 3.5 Years on local/county/city level, 7 years on regional level, 15 on national level
15 year sentence is permitted for any level if sufficient evidence is provided to prove the fraud influenced national elections
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Misdemeanor - no sentence, fine of up to CDD$70,000
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 10 Years
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? They are under supervision. Removed from office once convicted.

END

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 am

Your nation's full name (including pretitle)The Galactic Empire of Gig em Aggies
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored?yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year?depends on what mood the Chief Justice is in at the time
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year?many our empire is so huge we cant keep all of them in check
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? yes but it mostly goes unanswered unless the Chief Justice sees and advantage for him.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year?no
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means?hell no he imprisoned, corrupted and assassinated various people to get into power

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts?for commoners and low ranking government officials yes but for high ranking government officials and the rich no
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection?no
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption?low ranking offices yes high ranking offices no
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military?yes and no
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely?no

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption?they wish
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests?
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption?yes
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption?if it suits the Chief Justice and the Council of Judges yes
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation?no

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means?the death penalty if your not well connected
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud?death but rarely. most get sentenced to life in prison
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election?depends on how big the election is and whose running anywhere from 1 to life or even death
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime?we have no crime of this type
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place?yes

END
Are you satisfied with this index?yes
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? no
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Indian Empire
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Indian Empire » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:57 am

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Parliamentary Republic of Indian Empire
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? No, thank you though!

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 3-5.
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 1, maybe.
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? No, not traditionally.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? No.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Yes.

Corruption Prevention
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Yes, and a non-partisan election commission investigates after each election to ensure these factors.
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? Yes, upon filing in an election they are required to sign a document which signals awareness of national corruption law. Additionally, the Parliament undergoes an oath when it is sworn in.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Yes, investigated by independent commissions.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Yes, and all reports of acts of corruption are filed through anonymous reports.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes, it is a section of the Department of National Intelligence.
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? The body has authority to investigate, but arrests are coordinated with other sections of the Department of Intelligence and the local/provincal police.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? They are allowed to investigate, and are highly encouraged to share information regarding corruption to the proper departments.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes, though the transparency of investigative commissions and overall low corruption rate makes these exceptionally rare.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 10 years in prison + a lifetime ban from running for office
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 10 years in prison + lifetime ban
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? This is not considered a crime.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? Required to cut ties with the company(s) in question + lifetime ban from running for office
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? They are not legally required to, but many do.

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Yeah
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? Could ask about corruption on a local level vs a national level- some nations may have a structure that would cause these laws to vary
Internet Explorer, IE, "Preacher of Defender Ideals"

The Maine Commonwealth
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Maine Commonwealth » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Republic of the Maine Commonwealth
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Please.

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? ~1
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 5-10

Corruption Prevention

If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? Body cannot make arrests, however it can issue a warrant carried out by police

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Fine not to exceed 125% of stolen or misappropriated funds and/or up to 15 years in prison.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? Up to 25 years in prison
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Up to 6 months in prison and $150,000 fine.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? Up to 6 months in prison and $150,000 fine.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Appointed officials are placed on administrative leave, elected officials remain in office but are banned from intervening in investigations into their own actions.

END
COVID-19 situation in Commonwealth: Updated 8/13/2020 at 16:49 AST
Current Active Cases: 553
Total Deaths: 188
Total Cases: 6093
Recoveries: 5352
% Positive: 2.4%

Population: 2.76 million
Capital: Augusta
Head of State: Dianna Townsend, Speaker of the House
Head of Government: John Gagnon, Sec. of State

Vaeruio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vaeruio » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) People’s Federation of Vaeruio
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored?
Yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 2 in the past decade
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? While transparency laws make for corruption to be hard to commit it is still possible. As such it is estimated that there are 2-4 cases of corruption that go unchecked each year.
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? At times, however very rare due to the transparency laws

Corruption Prevention
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Yes, inspection is required after a national and state election (Note: Transparency is required after inspection to stop corruption)
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Yes, deterrence and transparency acts
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? They may choose that as an option.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes,
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? Ministry of Transparency can not make arrests. MoT can issue warrants, however they can’t be acted on without the official being removed from office.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Police are permitted to investigate corruption under the guidance of the Ministry of Transparency.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation?
Yes

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 20 years, rehabilitation and unable to be in a public office 10 years after sentence ends.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 30 years, rehabilitation, unable to in public office for 15 years
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? 5 years, same as above
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 2 years, no rehabilitation, unable to serve in public office for 2 years
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place?
Usually.

END

Vallermoore
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vallermoore » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:43 pm

b]Your nation's full name (including pretitle)[/b] The Queendom of Vallermoore

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 100+
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? Thousands, but most of those are small ones. Something big enough to damage the state or cause great harm to people is normally cracked down on.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? Yes, minor bribery.

Corruption Prevention
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Not really, but everyone knows if it gets seriously bad, arrests will be made.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? No

If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? No, but the police normally make arrests when it asks them to.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes, but there is a saying "Snitches get stitches." Most people want serious corruption winkled out, but don't normally mind the small stuff.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 5 to 10 years unless someone was killed, permanently paralyzed, or permanently brain damaged by it, in which case someone can get life imprisonment or even execution.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 1 to 2 years in prison, and a lifetime voting ban.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Not an offence or we wouldn't have a government. But if people keep doing it, they get voted out by annoyed voters.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 5 to 10 years unless someone was killed, permanently paralyzed, or permanently brain damaged by it, in which case someone can get life imprisonment or even execution.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Only in very serious cases or cases where someone was killed or badly injured because of it.

END

Aroni
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aroni » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Republic of Aroni
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Yes please

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 8 / 100,000
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? Esitated 75% of corruption goes unreported
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? Yes but where don't they?

Corruption Prevention
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Yes, both by all parties and by international authorities as requested

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption?Yes the CIA has a corruption division
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests?Yes it can make arrests, and has full police powers
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes, a small private journalistic society exists, as do various NGOs
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation?Yes

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Class A-I felony, 20-40 years
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? Treason by definition, Life or Death
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Not a crime due to subjectivity
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? up to Class-B Felony, 10-25 years
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place?Not automatically but they may if the charges warrant it

END
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? Not at the moment
Last edited by Aroni on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⚠️ This Nation is Undergoing Extensive Reimagining, Please Stand-by⚠️

Member of: SETA; IFTC

Lippo Group
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lippo Group » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:15 am

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Corporate State of Lippo Group

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 11
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 6
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? Uncommon
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? Yes, but uncommon.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Our Board of Directors and Commissioners is elected in the Annual General Meeting, attended by high-ranking officials of Lippo Group, as well as shareholders, public figures (artist, priest, renowned scientist, etc.,and local officials. Although there is no set of rules dictating term limits, notable changes in the leadership positions occurs at an average of every 2-3 years.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes, it is formulated by Audit Committee.
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? For national government, our Annual General Meeting is publicly held and documented in details. But, all local government is selected by the Board of Directors themselves, with the agreement of Board of Commissioners.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Audit Committee initiates a plan to hire a large amount of auditors in every sectors of government and private affairs to prevent any acts of corruption go unnoticed. So far, Audit Committee reports a 79% success.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes, it is Audit Committee
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? Audit Committee has the right and duty to investigate, report, and give punishment to any perpetrators of any acts of corruption in Lippo Group.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes, mostly run by college students.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? 30 years in prison, or blacklisted from getting any job and attending Annual General Meeting.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? 20 years in prison, or blacklisted from attending Annual General Meeting.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Blacklisted from attending Annual General Meeting.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 10 years in prison, or blacklisted from getting any job.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? A small number of them do stood down, others are forcibly removed from office once confirmed.

END
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? None for now
OOC :
This is an experimental nation that tries as best as possible to implement a form of corporate governance to a national government. In this nation, the concept of "sovereign nation" and "corporate conglomerate" are interchangeable.

Torculmania
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Torculmania » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:45 am

Your nation's full name (including pretitle)
The United States of Torculmania
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored?
Yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year?6
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year?2
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels?No
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year?Yes, but it's not that much.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Of course, President Karl Esfand was elected democratically by the people. He got 54% of the popular vote and won the election. It was all fair and square.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts?Yes, the Department of Fighting Corruption is there to enact those laws
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection?Yes it is.
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption?Yes, if a politician was corrupt, they would be forced by law and by oath to step down and face criminal charges.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military?Yes, the Department of Fighting Corruption is there for that. They don't catch all of them but they do pretty good.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely?Yes

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption?Yes, it is the Department of Fighting Corruption
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? The Department of Fighting Corruption have a very high authority. They can make arrests.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption?There are a few, but they're not as effective as the Department of Fighting Corruption.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes, they are given freedom to report it.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes they are free to do that, we take freedom of the press very seriously in Torculmania.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? The maximum sentence is 15 years in prison and a ban from getting public office.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? The maximum sentence is 15 years in prison.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? The maximum sentence is one month in prison or a 3000 constellation dime fine.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? The maximum sentence is 12 years in prison.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes, as they are required by oath. If they are guilty, they will be removed from office and arrested.

END
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? None for the time being
So this is how this works

New Tryphalia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Tryphalia » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:20 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) the Soviet Socialist Republic of New Tryphalia
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? we're still a relatively new regime, but at the current pace, 5,343
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? who knows? several dozen thousand?
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? If so, they're in a re-education camp by now.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? plenty
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? the Council of People's Commissars overthrew the tyrannical, oppressive matriarchy of Queen Tula by means of revolutionary justice.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? um..yes
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? people can freely vote for whomever the Party chooses.
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? they must reject capitalism, corruption, etc. They must also swear allegiance to the People, Party, and Revolution.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? sure, particularly the military, where there are political commissars. There are agents of the secret police in all organizations, of course.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? by and to the secret police and other authorities.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? the secret police
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? quite a lot of powers, yes
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? not really...private NGOs are kinda discouraged from even existing at all.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? N/A
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Only when authorized.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? death by firing squad
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? there is no electoral fraud
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? serious time in a re-education camp, especially for those who dare to call the elections a sham
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? death by firing squad
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? yes and sent to a re-education camp

END
Are you satisfied with this index? yes
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? no
Hellenistic pagan military monarchy with strong patriarchal tendencies, a generous welfare state, powerful trade unions, and a mixed-market economy.
“The 1980s are calling. They want their foreign policy back.” - President Barack Obama to Mitt Romney, 2012
“But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say that there are twenty Gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.” - Thomas Jefferson

Azania-
Envoy

Founded: Mar 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Azania- » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:52 am

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The State of Azania
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Yes.

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? Between 20-103 over the last 20 years.
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? It is estimated to be less than 100.
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? Not that we've observed.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? No, not personally.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Yes.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes, and they are strictly enforced. Additional laws exist to make it as difficult as possible to engage in corrupt acts in the first place.
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Yes, unconditionally.
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? Yes, this is included in their respective oaths of office.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Yes.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Yes.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Several; the National Anti-corruption Forum (NAF), the Special Investigations Agency (SIA) and, for highly sensitive cases, the Internal Compliance Unit (ICU).
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? Both the NAF and the SIA can launch investigations and press charges against corrupt individuals, with the SIA responsible for investigating government officials. The ICU is an is an extremely secretive, powerful, and far-reaching agency charged with highly classified investigations and examinations of other Azanian government agencies that cannot be done in-house, and which involves highly sensitive matters. It reports directly to parliament and can recommend arrests which must then be carried out.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes, and they are actively encouraged to do so.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes, and they are actively encouraged to do so.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes, and they are actively encouraged to do so.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? years and a permanent ban from from any national, provincial, and local governmental office.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? N/A. Most political parties mislead their voters one way or another.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 1 year.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes.

END
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? None.
Last edited by Azania- on Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STATE OF AZANIA | TAIFA LA AZANIA
-------------------------
A large sovereign state located in Sub-Saharan Africa.
15 November 2021
✉ News: "By failing to hold Moroka accountable, we were complicit in his crimes." - President Xitu as the 36th anniversary of Sebe Moroka's death reignites controversy surrounding the Silent War | REGIONAL NEWS | Alleged Moroccan terror attack in Western Sahara leaves 3 Algerians dead | African Parliament convenes in special session to discuss the burgeoning North African crisis
When elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Macureus
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Macureus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) the Socialist Union of Macureus
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 121
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? that would be difficult to tabulate by definition, but we estimate that there is a 1-for-1 level of investigated vs. uninvestigated acts of corruption per year.
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? yes
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? yes
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? through a combination of revolution, espionage, subversion, and then elections/appointment by an elected body. He headed New Macureus, a state-fragment that reunified all of Macureus by arranging the assassination of the Grand Coven, the previous authoritarian regime in power in Old Macureus that had been blocking reunification so as to preserve its matriarchal theocracy.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? yes and participation can send one to a re-education camp
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? now they are
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? yes
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? security police and re-education camps
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? yes

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? the security police
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? yes, it can arrest and also consign people to re-education camps
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? yes
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? yes
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? yes

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? caning, fines, and five years in a re-education camp
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? caning, fines, and four years in a re-education camp
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? caning, fines, and two years in a re-education camp
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? caning, fines, and three years in a re-education camp
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? yes, and they are often sent to re-education camps

END
Are you satisfied with this index? yes
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? less vague, more specifics
Socially quite liberal, economically a bit more authoritarian. Not a fan of organized religion or traditional family values or the present social order. You've been warned.
"Audacity, audacity, this day, audacity, forever audacity!" - Georges Danton
"It is with regret that we pronounce the fatal truth. Louis must die so that France may live." - Maximilien Robespierre
"I did not seize the crown. I found it in the gutter and picked it up." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Bagong Luzon
Envoy

Founded: Jan 30, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bagong Luzon » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) Kingdom of New Luzon

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? Average of 23 for the past 5 years.
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? Estimated average of 43 for the past 5 years.
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels? Yes.
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? Yes; the person in question was a public official who solicited a bribe, which is a capital offense.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Yes, at least by the standards of absolute monarchies.

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes.
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Not applicable; prior to the ennoblement of the executive branch and a legacy unit of the legislature, positions were Royal appointments.
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption? Yes.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Yes.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? Yes.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yes: the Royal Office of the Inspector General.
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? The Office answers directly to the King and has essentially discretionary powers, among them the power to make arrests.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Death.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? Not Applicable.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? Not Applicable.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? Death.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes; should a nobleman be suspect, their heir temporarily assumes the responsibilities of their office.

END
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? None so far.
Last edited by Bagong Luzon on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of the New Visayan Islands, typically used for fluff purposes.

Naturally, this does not represent my actual beliefs.

Lanoraie II
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanoraie II » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle) The Most Serene Republic Of Lanoraie
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored? Sure!

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year? 2-3
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year? 1
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year? I have seen many things, corruption sadly one of them, but thankfully that fellow is now in prison.
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means? Erm...Transparent yes, legal yes, trusted? Perhaps more than it should be, but our leader is very kind, so it should be fine for now...

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts? Yes, many. Almost too many. Almost.
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection? Not only are they always open to inspection, at any given moment, ANY citizen can request a the financial transaction record of any government official.
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military? Heavy framework.
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely? It can.

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption? Yep! Technically I work for that body, although my job does not involve those affairs. I am the government's librarian, if you will. I am a record keeper, historian, and confidante to my Serene Highness.
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests? High levels of authority, but with great power comes great responsibility.
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption? Yes! They range from unions of teachers and healthcare workers to grassroots movements led by college students.
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption? Yes.
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation? Yes.

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means? Life, but that hasn't been doled out yet.
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud? Life.
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election? 50 years.
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime? 20 years.
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place? Yes.

END
Are you satisfied with this index? Yup!
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve? Not at all.
Recovering alt-righter. Socialist. If you can't accurately describe socialist rhetoric and ideology, you don't get to have a voice in political discussions.

Ihilthracna
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihilthracna » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Your nation's full name (including pretitle)The Awed Democratic Republic of Ihilthracna
Would you like to receive a TG updating you when your nation has been scored?Yes

Corruption Prevalence
How many corruption-related arrests are made every year?192
How many acts of corruption are estimated to go unchecked every year?~3
Do citizens complain about corruption via social media or other channels?No
Have you (the official participating in this survey) seen corruption in the past year?Yes
Did your leader come to power via transparent, trusted and legal means?Yes

Corruption Prevention
Are there specific laws prohibiting individuals from participating in corrupt acts?Yes
Are elections for national, state and local government free, fair, open and subject to inspection?Yes
Are individuals standing for public office required to adhere to an oath or other agreement regarding corruption?No
Is there a framework for preventing corruption in all public sectors, including health, education, police and military?No
Is reporting of corruption able to be done anonymously and discretely?Yes

Is there a government body in place to monitor and report incidences of corruption?Yes
If so, how much authority does this body have? Can it make arrests?No
Are there non-government bodies who investigate and report corruption?Yes
If so, are they given freedom to report on confirmed and possible cases of corruption?Yes
Are journalists and members of the public free to express their concerns regarding corruption in your nation?Yes

Corruption Punishment
What is the maximum sentence for committing financial fraud via government means?6 Years
What is the maximum sentence for committing electoral fraud?23 Years
What is the maximum sentence for misleading voters in an election?6 Months
What is the maximum sentence for committing a conflict of interest crime?9 Years
Are those suspected of corruption-related crimes stood down from office while the investigation takes place?No

END
Are you satisfied with this index?Yes
Any suggestions or comments on how to improve?No
Ihilthracna Governmental Posting. Not available for diplomatic exchanges during elections.
"There are four types of happiness. Manifactured, Gratification, self-sympathy, and riches. Scientific, Pure, Expensive, and short-lasting."
-Lafonkol Sented

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information