NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Air Force [MKI]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Yakzistan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 387
Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakzistan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:08 am

Air Force

MiG-29 Fulcrum
MiG-31 Foxhound
MiG-23 Flogger, will be retired and in 2016
F-14, will be retried in 2019 and given to National Air defense
Su-27
F-16
Su-25 Frogfoot

Navy

MiG-29
F-4 Phantom II, will be replaced by F-18 in 2018
F-18

National Air Defense

MiG-23
MiG-21, converted to Multrole and retired in the near future
F-5 Tiger
Su-17 Ground Attack
A-37 Dragonfly
Mirage 2000
The Belakosarian Republic

(Formerly known as Yakzistan)

User avatar
The Corparation
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33873
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:27 am

That's an odd list, ignoring the lack of support aircraft and transports, the grab bag of Russian and US designs will play hell with your logistics. And there's a lot of overlap between the aircraft picked.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Prop 65, CA Health & Safety
This Cell is intentionally blank.

User avatar
Zadoria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 60
Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zadoria » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 pm

The Zadorian Air Defence Forces is the second largest component of the Zadorian People's Army, after the Ground Forces. With 40'000 personnel and operates around 770 Fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft. The primary role of the Air Defence Force is, oddly enough Air Defence, defending the nation's territorial airspace and ground forces from hostile aircraft. But it also maintains a frontal aviation detachment responsible for transport, ground attack and tactical reconnaissance missions. In addition there is an independent flight school that operates several facilities around the nation for training pilots and ground support staff.

In regards to its Air Defence Role, the Air Forces are organized into two air combat divisions, an Eastern Division and Western Division, as well as an independent Air Defence Squadron for the defence of the capital. Each air combat division has 5 regiments of fighters, further divided into squadrons of fighters, and containing their own technical and material support units. In terms of equipment. the primary fighter is MIG-21. 250 combat versions of the MiG-21 are in service. The models in service are as follows: 4 MiG-21-93, 48 MiG-21bis, 112 MiG-21MF, and 86 MiG-21PFM. Despite its primary role of Air Defence and Air Superiority, MiG-21 pilots receive limited ground-attack training in order to make use of the MiG-21's ability to use Bombs and Rockets to support ground troops. The Zadorian Government is currently in talks about upgrading moreo f its MiG-21 fighters to MiG-21-93 standard.

The second most common fighter is the MiG-23 with a total of 65 in service. 42 of which are MiG-23ML's and 23 of which are MiG-23MLD's. Unlike MiG-21 units the MiG-23's are used entirely for Air Superiority and as a Strategic Interceptor defending against strategic aircraft.

The least common, and most capable fighter in service with the Air Defence Forces is the MiG-29. 26 MiG-29's, of which 24 are MiG-29SE's and 2 of which are MiG-29UB-12 trainers, were delivered in 2002. The MiG-29 is by far the most capable Air-to-air fighter in the Zadorian Air Defence Forces. it does not fall under the command of the two air combat divisions, but is instead are assigned to their own prestigious independent squadron that answers directly to Air Defence Central Command. It is used to defend the airspace of the capital city and as a political showpiece when intercepting enemy intelligence and reconnaissance aircraft.

The frontal aviation division operates transport, ground attack, reconnaissance and helicopters that belong to the air defence forces. The only dedicated attack fighter in the Air Defence Force's inventory in the SU-22M4. 54 SU-22M4's were delivered throughout the 80's and early 90's to replace the old MiG-17 fighters previously used as ground attack fighters. In the tactical reconnaissance role the Air Defence force uses MiG-21bis (fitted with reconnaissance pods) and SU-22R aircraft. Each fighter-bomber (SU-22) as well as some interceptor (MiG-21, MiG-23) squadrons have their own reconnaissance aircraft.

Frontal aviation has modest transport capability, it's air transport squadrons contains 42 AN-2 and 20 AN-26 transport aircraft. AN-2's are also known to be used for the delivery of special forces paratroopers.

In addition, Frontal aviation operates all helicopters in the People's Army inventory, except those assigned to Naval Aviation. It's inventory contains 39 MI-2. 98 MI-8 and 50 MI-24 (36 MI-24D's and 14 MI-35's) helicopters. The MI-2 and MI-8's are used for a variety of purposes, including reconnaissance, transport, lifting and light attack, the MI-24 is used as close air support for assisting ground forces.

Pilot training aircraft includes 54 L-39's, as well as a number of MiG-21UM's as advanced trainers, the basic trainer is the Yak-52.

Finally, the Air Defence Forces operates all static ground air defence systems in the country, the ground-based air defence systems are substantial in number, it's total number of launchers is 224 S-75, 64 S-125 (60% of which are quad missile launchers), 24 S-200 and 4 S-300's systems (with 8 more on order)

User avatar
Yakzistan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 387
Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakzistan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Here is a improved version

Air Force

Fighter

MiG-29
Su-27
Mirage 2000

Attack

Su-25 Frogfoot
Su-22 Fitter

Transport and Other

An-12
Il-76
A-50 AWACS

Marines and Navy

Fighter

Su-33

Attack

Su-39(naval Su-25)

Transport and other

A-50 AWACS
An-12

Air Defense Guard

Fighter

MiG-29
MiG-31
MIG-23

Attack

Su-17
MiG-27

Transport and other

An-12
An-2 Colt
Il-76
MiG-21, used a trainer
L-39

Helicopters

Attack

Mi-24 Hind(A,D,V variants)
Aérospatiale Gazelle
Mi-28 Havoc

Transport and Utility

Mi-17
Mi-8
Mi-26
OH-6 Cayuse
Mi-4 Hound, will be retired in 2019
Mi-2 Hoplite
The Belakosarian Republic

(Formerly known as Yakzistan)

User avatar
Romic
Senator
 
Posts: 4259
Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Would commissioning 10-15 F-12Bs be a good idea for a fast interceptor?
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.77

Male, History Buff, I enjoy reading and watching a good movie. I am the Star Wars geek.

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8996
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Romic wrote:Would commissioning 10-15 F-12Bs be a good idea for a fast interceptor?

Intercepters aren't really needed in modern times. A good Air Superiority aircraft can do the same job fine, and carry out other jobs.
USMC 0602
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
Romic
Senator
 
Posts: 4259
Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:43 pm

If equiped correctly could the F-12B be used as air superiority?
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.77

Male, History Buff, I enjoy reading and watching a good movie. I am the Star Wars geek.

User avatar
The Corparation
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33873
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Romic wrote:If equiped correctly could the F-12B be used as air superiority?

Not a chance. Bit hard to do Air Superiority missions with 3 Air to Air missiles and a turning radius measured in states.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Prop 65, CA Health & Safety
This Cell is intentionally blank.

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8996
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:53 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Romic wrote:If equiped correctly could the F-12B be used as air superiority?

Not a chance. Bit hard to do Air Superiority missions with 3 Air to Air missiles and a turning radius measured in states.

Plus its high speeds would not allow it to remain in an area to engage other targets, it can only do a blazing fast drive by. This is less important but it is also the least stealthy aircraft around, in a time when most air superiority aircraft are moving to be stealthy to some degree or another.
USMC 0602
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
Romic
Senator
 
Posts: 4259
Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Could it be converted to fire air to surface missiles as a drive by for stratgic positions to do some collateral damage
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.77

Male, History Buff, I enjoy reading and watching a good movie. I am the Star Wars geek.

User avatar
Zadoria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 60
Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zadoria » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Zadoria wrote:The Zadorian Air Defence Forces is the second largest component of the Zadorian People's Army, after the Ground Forces. With 40'000 personnel and operates around 770 Fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft. The primary role of the Air Defence Force is, oddly enough Air Defence, defending the nation's territorial airspace and ground forces from hostile aircraft. But it also maintains a frontal aviation detachment responsible for transport, ground attack and tactical reconnaissance missions. In addition there is an independent flight school that operates several facilities around the nation for training pilots and ground support staff.

In regards to its Air Defence Role, the Air Forces are organized into two air combat divisions, an Eastern Division and Western Division, as well as an independent Air Defence Squadron for the defence of the capital. Each air combat division has 5 regiments of fighters, further divided into squadrons of fighters, and containing their own technical and material support units. In terms of equipment. the primary fighter is MIG-21. 250 combat versions of the MiG-21 are in service. The models in service are as follows: 4 MiG-21-93, 48 MiG-21bis, 112 MiG-21MF, and 86 MiG-21PFM. Despite its primary role of Air Defence and Air Superiority, MiG-21 pilots receive limited ground-attack training in order to make use of the MiG-21's ability to use Bombs and Rockets to support ground troops. The Zadorian Government is currently in talks about upgrading moreo f its MiG-21 fighters to MiG-21-93 standard.

The second most common fighter is the MiG-23 with a total of 65 in service. 42 of which are MiG-23ML's and 23 of which are MiG-23MLD's. Unlike MiG-21 units the MiG-23's are used entirely for Air Superiority and as a Strategic Interceptor defending against strategic aircraft.

The least common, and most capable fighter in service with the Air Defence Forces is the MiG-29. 26 MiG-29's, of which 24 are MiG-29SE's and 2 of which are MiG-29UB-12 trainers, were delivered in 2002. The MiG-29 is by far the most capable Air-to-air fighter in the Zadorian Air Defence Forces. it does not fall under the command of the two air combat divisions, but is instead are assigned to their own prestigious independent squadron that answers directly to Air Defence Central Command. It is used to defend the airspace of the capital city and as a political showpiece when intercepting enemy intelligence and reconnaissance aircraft.

The frontal aviation division operates transport, ground attack, reconnaissance and helicopters that belong to the air defence forces. The only dedicated attack fighter in the Air Defence Force's inventory in the SU-22M4. 54 SU-22M4's were delivered throughout the 80's and early 90's to replace the old MiG-17 fighters previously used as ground attack fighters. In the tactical reconnaissance role the Air Defence force uses MiG-21bis (fitted with reconnaissance pods) and SU-22R aircraft. Each fighter-bomber (SU-22) as well as some interceptor (MiG-21, MiG-23) squadrons have their own reconnaissance aircraft.

Frontal aviation has modest transport capability, it's air transport squadrons contains 42 AN-2 and 20 AN-26 transport aircraft. AN-2's are also known to be used for the delivery of special forces paratroopers.

In addition, Frontal aviation operates all helicopters in the People's Army inventory, except those assigned to Naval Aviation. It's inventory contains 39 MI-2. 98 MI-8 and 50 MI-24 (36 MI-24D's and 14 MI-35's) helicopters. The MI-2 and MI-8's are used for a variety of purposes, including reconnaissance, transport, lifting and light attack, the MI-24 is used as close air support for assisting ground forces.

Pilot training aircraft includes 54 L-39's, as well as a number of MiG-21UM's as advanced trainers, the basic trainer is the Yak-52.

Finally, the Air Defence Forces operates all static ground air defence systems in the country, the ground-based air defence systems are substantial in number, it's total number of launchers is 224 S-75, 64 S-125 (60% of which are quad missile launchers), 24 S-200 and 4 S-300's systems (with 8 more on order)

Could i get some feedback please? I tried to keep it realistic (or atleast authentic) to the style of a Soviet-aligned State.

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8996
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Romic wrote:Could it be converted to fire air to surface missiles as a drive by for stratgic positions to do some collateral damage


It could, but again, it carries a pitifully small payload (3 medium missiles), and wouldn't be able to stay "on station" to deliver them. It would just go blazing past. Plus with modern air defense and/or enemy planes it is much easier to shoot down.
Your better off either getting some B-2 for strategic bombings of that nature. Or just using regular multi role aircraft.

What you are trying to do is justify being the shiny cool toy, and there is just no way you can justify it, trust me we have all tried.
USMC 0602
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
The Corparation
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33873
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Also useful resource on the A-12 Family. It only covers the original A-12 and not an of its derivatives, however there are some documents and graphs in there that give a decent indication of the flight path of the Family. There's a really good one that has operating altitude and speed, but I'm at a loss as to what its called.

Romic wrote:Could it be converted to fire air to surface missiles as a drive by for stratgic positions to do some collateral damage

The Air Force did look into a bomber version of the SR-71 in the late 60s, however I'm not sure how much design work was actually done as I haven't found very much about that work. The fact they didn't build it, coupled with the fact that no member of the A-12 family ever overflew the USSR leads me to think that they were of the opinion that the Soviet SAMs of the time would be easily capable of downing any A-12 family member. Fast forward a few decades and they're even more vulnerable to SAMs.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Prop 65, CA Health & Safety
This Cell is intentionally blank.

User avatar
Romic
Senator
 
Posts: 4259
Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Romic wrote:Could it be converted to fire air to surface missiles as a drive by for stratgic positions to do some collateral damage


It could, but again, it carries a pitifully small payload (3 medium missiles), and wouldn't be able to stay "on station" to deliver them. It would just go blazing past. Plus with modern air defense and/or enemy planes it is much easier to shoot down.
Your better off either getting some B-2 for strategic bombings of that nature. Or just using regular multi role aircraft.

What you are trying to do is justify being the shiny cool toy, and there is just no way you can justify it, trust me we have all tried.

Actually the goal was a fast attack craft to disable strategic targets.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.77

Male, History Buff, I enjoy reading and watching a good movie. I am the Star Wars geek.

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8996
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Romic wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:
It could, but again, it carries a pitifully small payload (3 medium missiles), and wouldn't be able to stay "on station" to deliver them. It would just go blazing past. Plus with modern air defense and/or enemy planes it is much easier to shoot down.
Your better off either getting some B-2 for strategic bombings of that nature. Or just using regular multi role aircraft.

What you are trying to do is justify being the shiny cool toy, and there is just no way you can justify it, trust me we have all tried.

Actually the goal was a fast attack craft to disable strategic targets.


Modern air defense would shoot it down, and it no longer has the speed or altitude to avoid those air defense features. Its payload is to small to justify the expense of using it, and if you time it right other aircraft can still do the job just fine.
USMC 0602
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
Cote dSoleil
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cote dSoleil » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:31 pm


User avatar
The Corparation
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33873
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Romic wrote:Actually the goal was a fast attack craft to disable strategic targets.

Modern Late 1960s air defense would shoot it down, and it no longer has the speed or altitude to avoid those air defense features. Its payload is to small to justify the expense of using it, and if you time it right other aircraft can still do the job just fine.

Fixed.

Cote dSoleil wrote:semi-related

I think we should all pool money and buy this.
Last edited by The Corparation on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Prop 65, CA Health & Safety
This Cell is intentionally blank.

User avatar
Britinthia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 404
Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Britinthia » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:54 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Cote dSoleil wrote:semi-related

I think we should all pool money and buy this.


It'll be like the class hamster, and we will all take turns looking after it until one day some numpty, probably me, puts it in the microwave and its wings fall off.
I set out to create a nation based on few laws, and common sense. Then I realised people are half wits who will use any excuse to test the boundries, and no boundries would be anarchy. Britinthia now has red tape on a scale never before seen outside of the U.K.

Threat level:
Critical []
Severe []
Substantial [x]
Moderate []
Low []

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8996
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Britinthia wrote:
The Corparation wrote:

I think we should all pool money and buy this.


It'll be like the class hamster, and we will all take turns looking after it until one day some numpty, probably me, puts it in the microwave and its wings fall off.

At which point you get a new one and tell everyone else that nothing happened. I'll put $1,000 USD forward, and call first flight after repairs.
USMC 0602
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
Crookfur
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10299
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Crookfur » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:22 pm

The Corparation wrote:Also useful resource on the A-12 Family. It only covers the original A-12 and not an of its derivatives, however there are some documents and graphs in there that give a decent indication of the flight path of the Family. There's a really good one that has operating altitude and speed, but I'm at a loss as to what its called.

Romic wrote:Could it be converted to fire air to surface missiles as a drive by for stratgic positions to do some collateral damage

The Air Force did look into a bomber version of the SR-71 in the late 60s, however I'm not sure how much design work was actually done as I haven't found very much about that work. The fact they didn't build it, coupled with the fact that no member of the A-12 family ever overflew the USSR leads me to think that they were of the opinion that the Soviet SAMs of the time would be easily capable of downing any A-12 family member. Fast forward a few decades and they're even more vulnerable to SAMs.


IIRC using A-12s/SR-71s as a means to deliver stand off weapons (i.e. SRAM) and as a long rnage AWACs killer were things beign studied right up until the 80s

some detail here: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/i ... 80.0;nowap

IIRC the pheonix laod out was to be repalced with AMARAAM on some of the later iterations.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

User avatar
Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54789
Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Imperializt Russia » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Romic wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:
It could, but again, it carries a pitifully small payload (3 medium missiles), and wouldn't be able to stay "on station" to deliver them. It would just go blazing past. Plus with modern air defense and/or enemy planes it is much easier to shoot down.
Your better off either getting some B-2 for strategic bombings of that nature. Or just using regular multi role aircraft.

What you are trying to do is justify being the shiny cool toy, and there is just no way you can justify it, trust me we have all tried.

Actually the goal was a fast attack craft to disable strategic targets.

For strategic targets you need strategic groups.

Large strike groups headed up by electronic warfare aircraft supported by cruise missile strike.
Cote dSoleil wrote:semi-related

"Item condition: Used"
lele

If it weren't for the poster's ratings history, I'd assume hoax.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14250
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:52 pm

We produce a thrust vectoring version of the MIG 29 (Mig 35) designated in our country as the UDF 35. It's only used for export customers. If anyone wants some, TG me.
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Antarticaria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1773
Founded: Sep 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarticaria » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:40 pm

CAS:

Name: Phantom Striker
Class: Air Support
Cost: 99 Million
Pilots: One main pilot, one guided munitions controller

Size:
Length: 15.2 Meters
Wing Span: 11.8 Meters
Weight: 23,215 lbs

Engine:
3x GE TF-34 Engine
590 mph Top Speed
2x fuel containers

Armaments:
1x 30 mm Auto-cannon
4x UB32 Rocket Pods
2x AGM-130 Bunker Busters


So what i have hear is something similar to a A-10, With a little more speed, weight and a wider wing span, Our nation usually use it to either wipe out armored targets (MBT's and such), Certain Structures, as well as light vehicles.

Cant preform as tight as a angle as a A-10 however it comes in from wider angles before lighting up ground forces.

This does seem use able right?
Just a average person! Is that too straight forward?

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8996
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Antarticaria wrote:
CAS:

Name: Phantom Striker
Class: Air Support
Cost: 99 Million
Pilots: One main pilot, one guided munitions controller

Size:
Length: 15.2 Meters
Wing Span: 11.8 Meters
Weight: 23,215 lbs

Engine:
3x GE TF-34 Engine
590 mph Top Speed
2x fuel containers

Armaments:
1x 30 mm Auto-cannon
4x UB32 Rocket Pods
2x AGM-130 Bunker Busters


So what i have hear is something similar to a A-10, With a little more speed, weight and a wider wing span, Our nation usually use it to either wipe out armored targets (MBT's and such), Certain Structures, as well as light vehicles.

Cant preform as tight as a angle as a A-10 however it comes in from wider angles before lighting up ground forces.

This does seem use able right?


The A-10 (and any craft that has a similar design) has little place in modern conventional fighting. Here is why:
1. The 30mm gun can no longer reliably penetrate the top armor of a modern tank.
2. It does not have the speed, or any other characteristic, to survive against modern air defense and fighter aircraft.
3. Does not have the ability to carry as much payload as a modern multi-role aircraft.
4. Expense to operate the aircraft when its job is taken by multi-role aircraft.

Those three facts combined really kill any gun based CAS. Your much better off switching to stand off missiles launched from either multi role jets loitering nearby or missile armed helicopters. You could probably even use missile armed drones, but that is a little better suited for COIN operations.
USMC 0602
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
New Emphillon
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1572
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Emphillon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:49 pm

In terms of survivability, cargo capacity, maintenance costs, etc., which aircraft is the best to have: the A400M Atlas or the An-70?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multiversal Venn-Copard

Advertisement

Remove ads