NATION

PASSWORD

Does your nation have black people in it?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Arsenioh
Attaché

Founded: Dec 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Does your nation have black people in it?

Postby Arsenioh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:24 am

My nations indigenous/majority population is Black, but I noticed most of the auto generated Nationstates banners only have white people in them lol. I've come across many anti-Black nations, but I was wondering does anyone have a majority Black population?

Arsenioh
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Arsenioh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:55 am

*bump* why isn't anyone answering hahahaa

Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:59 am

Close to none.

Cosmona
Civil Servant

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmona » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:05 pm

My nation is majority black. Some are Black Africans, others are dark skinned melanated groups.
Last edited by Cosmona on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Yes, but they're a small minority descended from immigrants - probably less than 1% nationwide, although some of the larger cities like Exegrad and Das Engel might see numbers closer to 5%.

Arsenioh
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Arsenioh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:37 pm

Cosmona wrote:My nation is majority black. Some are Black Africans, others are dark skinned melanated groups.

What is the ethnic minority group in your nation?

Arsenioh
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Arsenioh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:39 pm

Albennia wrote:Close to none.

Why? Also, is your nation inspired in any way by Albania?

Judaist Frankia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 17, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Judaist Frankia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:40 pm

Well there are 7,032,960 arabians (0.999% of the population)
But only 704 actual black Africans. (0.0001% of the population)

Tor-bana-ing
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tor-bana-ing » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:41 pm

We are in Africa, so duh.
White American trying desperately to finish the lore on this nation before I tumble into a self-destructing spiral of white guilt. I hate that nation names can't have apostrophes in them.

The Federal Republic of Tor'bana'ing
An African nation that used to belong to China. Now a nation grown... average on trade. Not wealthy. Tor'bana'ing's still a Third World country after all.
Exists in the same universe as Voxija.
my politics change hourly
Doesn't use NS stats, since they are for developed nations.
NS Flag Bracket II: First Eliminated!

Ivory Coasts
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Coasts » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Immigrants compose around 0.07% of the population, and number at around 10 million. Of these immigrants, 3 million are not of African origins. The second-largest group are Afroasiatics who comprise 1.2% of the population, and include Fulanis, Tuaregs and Berbers. The vast majority of the black population is composed by Bantus (3.7%; 51.8 million) and Ivorians (94.8%; 1.327 billion).
EMPIRE of the IVORY COASTS
ꦚꦗꦠꦱꦚꦼꦧꦏ | Nyajatasa nyogbaka
     OVERVIEW   GOVERNMENT   HISTORY    CONLANG    COVID-19    CONTACT        Dispatches       

Legolannd
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Legolannd » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Only 5% of Legolanndians are black.

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Very few blacks live in the Empire, then again: very few whites do as well.

Our native population is Tamils.
Author of GA #455
Favourite Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iYAsoX5t8
Aspiring Issue Author (6-times-failed)
Ban Abortion!

"A person's a person, no matter how small."

Choose love over death!

Mirial Magna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirial Magna » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:42 pm

We don't have a lot of humans on our world in general.

Really, the only human to have visited us within the past year has been Count Dooku (RIP), who's "White."
Abril 8, 4020: The Republic has tracked General Grievous to Utapau! Perhaps this terrible clone war is finally coming to an end, even if we are on the losing side.

We do not use NS stats, but we do use the outcome of events.
❂Put this in your sig if you don't trust China on account of them being asshoe.❂
------------ Me and the boys sneaking into this signature.

Nya Valhall
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nya Valhall » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Of New Valhalla's 4.6 million people, less than 2,500 are African in origin. The reason for this is that after we banned slavery, a large part of the country's slave population (at that point Danish Colony of New Valhalla) were shipped to a designated area in West Africa that is now the Republic of the Free Coast with compensation enough for them to build a country with. A movement that was followed by most other Danish colonies. New Valhalla does not get many immigrants from Africa, because most of them do not fit the criteria to be welcomed in
Commonwealth of New Valhalla | Þjóðveldið Ný Valhall | ᚦᛦᚯᚧᚡᛂᛚᛑᛁᚧ ᚿᛦ ᚡᛆᛚᚼᚯᛚᛚ
Death nor Dishonor, the Viking Commonwealth shall persevere
Nýr Dagblað: New Mercia begins the process of demobilization, delivers former president Moonsbert to be tried and punished by New Valhaller Laws as peace negotiations begin in Boston. | Angland accepts to hold independence plebiscite in its overseas territory of New East Anglia after 12 weeks of protests. | War breaks out in the Latin League as Francia, Western Rome fight against Rome, Italy! Experts question Roman motive, given the recent reignition of the Conflicts in Rome. | CNA ships seize another Antillean civilian ship Imperial Georgia off the coast of New Ossonoba.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Thermodolia doesn’t classify citizens by skin color but by ethnicity. There are several ethnic Africans
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Xeiwei
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Xeiwei » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Xeiwei doesn't have any black population. Minority or not.

Roegerland
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Roegerland » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm

6% of Roegerland's population are black, the majority of which live in the city of San Cristobal in the Los Campos region.
Last edited by Roegerland on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✸✸✸✸✸

Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Arsenioh wrote:
Albennia wrote:Close to none.

Why? Also, is your nation inspired in any way by Albania?

Because Albennia is a country where less than 1% of the population is foreign-born and no.

Mexar
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mexar » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:45 pm

About 60% of Mexarians are either of African descent or mixed race.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:47 pm

4% of our population r blacks nationally. In urban areas, it's 5%. The majority ethnicity is white nationally but in most major cities and in certain states, it's Latinos.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:49 pm

Practically none.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:57 pm

The crew of the Monitor is majority white, but it does have a few black people in it.

There are some NS banners with people of color in them, but since the pool of banners isn't tailored to your specific nation, we can't guarantee that the mix of races will match your headcanon. You can always upload images of black people in a custom banner if you want to adjust the racial mix of your banners.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Andocara
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Andocara » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Yes, 6% of the population is black, and that does not include mixed who are part black. Cities with the highest concentration of black people are Harleigh, Courtland, and Gibbings.

Arsenioh
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Arsenioh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:43 pm

USS Monitor wrote:The crew of the Monitor is majority white, but it does have a few black people in it.

There are some NS banners with people of color in them, but since the pool of banners isn't tailored to your specific nation, we can't guarantee that the mix of races will match your headcanon. You can always upload images of black people in a custom banner if you want to adjust the racial mix of your banners.

I understand that the pool of banners isn't tailored to my specific nation, but I was simply noting that the pool of banners was more than white than other races (from what I have seen).

Cat-Herders United
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cat-Herders United » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:18 pm

We do not have a black majority, but there are black people here.

Much of what is now Cat-Herders United was claimed by the Spanish as part of the colonial empire (although in practice they did not succeed at controlling the majority of that land), so there were some black slaves brought in, even though the Spanish tried to rely more on encomiendas.

More significantly, parts of what is now Cat-Herders United were taken over by filibusters from the South, bringing their slaves with them.

Though they were able to take over the cities of Puerto Hiebra Gatera and Felis City, they were never able to extend their control into much of the rural areas, or get to any other towns. Consequently, the slaves kept escaping to the nearby cat-herding tribes, which was a source of tension between the filibusters and the tribes. Finally, the armed entity became too aggressive and expansionist, so the cat-herding peoples entered into a temporary union to drive out the filibusters. Victory prevented the filibusters from supporting the CSA during the American Civil War.

Although some of the freed people would return to America to find their families, others remained in Cat-Herders United.
Last edited by Cat-Herders United on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information