NATION

PASSWORD

Torture in your nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aerwiss
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aerwiss » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Kalakda wrote:Torture is legal, though we prefer more Humane methods like waterboarding, playing Rap music and listening to Hannah Montana, and making them watch shows like Hardball, The View, An Inconvenient Truth (the horror!), and Michael Moore documentaries.

LOL i have to agree with you on everything except for Michael moore documentaries
Last edited by Aerwiss on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Republic of Aerwiss
La Federal Respubliko de Aerwiss
Factbook

Kalakda
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalakda » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Swilatia wrote:
Kalakda wrote:Torture is legal, though we prefer more Humane methods like waterboarding, playing Rap music and listening to Hannah Montana, and making them watch shows like Hardball, The View, An Inconvenient Truth (the horror!), and Michael Moore documentaries.

There's no scuch thing as a humane method of torture. We don't feel that we need to explain why.

Yes, there is, in fact, Liberal rhetoric like that can be considered Humane torture by some of our convicts.
MAKE WAR ON LOVE - Put this in your signature if you agree.
Embassies In: Noordeinde Grays Harbor Orlkjestad New Olwe Chrisman Union Meldaria
Alliances: Christian Coalition of Countries, Space Colonization Coalition, United Conservatives Alliance, Pan-Slavic Union State
-Turgov Civil War (Pulled out)
-First Russenich War (Victory)
-Operation Wipeout (Stalemate)
-Modk Riots (Victory, GA rebels defeated)
-IRS rebellion (Victory)
-Second Russenich War (Stalemate)
George W Bush AOED wrote:I would blame Obama for the last 8 years.

Old Beringia wrote:Resembling the American 1950 average style. Before everything went straight to hell aesthetically wise due to pansy hippies.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reseda Island » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

we torture terrorists all the time, by any means necessary to break them.
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Qwcasd
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwcasd » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

It is totally banned.

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:59 pm

*The Furinax Conclave has authorized various labour, concentration and death camps across the Umojan Protectorate to deal with the various Terran terrorists and general ruffians that pollute our star-systems. Said camps are quite dangerous for the inmates and include various torture techniquies to show the weakness of the Terran terrorists and many other ruffians that decide to cause great annoyence to the Furinax.

*Ghettos have also been set up in prominent Terran niegborhoods.*
Last edited by Hornopolis on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/11/11

Brauzillia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Brauzillia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

We support torture for criminals that killed over 5 people at once and who are the deadliest assassins.

Well We have alot of torture, but the most fearful torture is WATERBOARDING, LOOK IT UP, ITS NOT SURFING, HERE'S THE LINK: http://waterboarding.org/

Castigonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Castigonia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Yes, we use torture on suspected terrorists only.
IPPETASP, INTP,SDC, JSA observer
Embassies in: Aldarminia, Andorianus, Branchlandia, Britannia, Grantanata, Hazamaeia, Krsta, Lemonius, Lockswania, Lowell Leber, Mallchir, Mediterreania, New Zepuha, Of the Quendi, Orlkjestad, Osthia, Tarsas,Thurask, Unified Western States, Wadomia, Zeppy.

Colonies: Urelandia, Maruskan, Teotrias, Caltio, Santo Monegro, Kaltinas.

Participated in: Baptism of Fire 39,Friendly Cup 6, World Fair Play Trophy
Champions of: Nothing Yet
2nd Place in: Nothing yet
3rd Place in: Nothing yet

Alert level: 1 2 3 4 5

Proog
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Proog » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:45 pm

no torture for us, we even banned Justin Bieber
Everyone is batshit insane, some people are just better at hiding it

Castigonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Castigonia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:46 pm

[quote="Proog";p="1993101"]no torture for us, we even banned Justin Bieber[/quote

LOL
IPPETASP, INTP,SDC, JSA observer
Embassies in: Aldarminia, Andorianus, Branchlandia, Britannia, Grantanata, Hazamaeia, Krsta, Lemonius, Lockswania, Lowell Leber, Mallchir, Mediterreania, New Zepuha, Of the Quendi, Orlkjestad, Osthia, Tarsas,Thurask, Unified Western States, Wadomia, Zeppy.

Colonies: Urelandia, Maruskan, Teotrias, Caltio, Santo Monegro, Kaltinas.

Participated in: Baptism of Fire 39,Friendly Cup 6, World Fair Play Trophy
Champions of: Nothing Yet
2nd Place in: Nothing yet
3rd Place in: Nothing yet

Alert level: 1 2 3 4 5

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Typical procedure is endless Dora and endless Barney.
edit:Except for one unused hour which is for eating and showering.
Last edited by Allrule on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:20 pm

The Adrian Empire does not condone the use of torture for interrogation purposes, it is immoral, dishonourable, and worse ineffective, its use is a considered a violation of due process for a citizen or denizen to be tortured in order to extract information, and is the one of the only instances in which evidence may be discounted from court, as such the use of torture may well-result in a guilty man going free. That said there is no constitutional freedom from cruel and unusual punishment thus a court may decide to torture a convicted criminal, however this is simply not done, since it is far more profitable to rehabilitate, or enslave such persons indefinitely.
It is likewise illegal under the Military Charter to utilize torture on any captured enemy combatants or civilians, the use of such methods may be punishable by summary execution, applying to all branches of the Imperial Armed Forces, Intelligence Services, Private Militias and Mercenary Organizations operating within the Adrian Empire.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 am

Oh yes.

Our primary method of torture is WATERBOARDING on the darkest of scum.

TurtleShroom, in another post, wrote:Terrorists are always attempted to be caught ALIVE. The terrorist is then taken to a blank room with no windows and a sole dimly lit bulb, and left there.

Once a day, he is given four pieces of toast and three gallon jugs of water. A toilet and a container of hand sanitizer (refilled weekly) is provided, but nothing more. All the while, loud, annoying music is played 24/7 until the terrorist cracks. They sleep with it, go to the bathroom with it, pray with it, eat with it, everything. The music is endless.

If the villain starts singing, he is taken from the room, rewarded with real food, and tells all he knows. If the terrorist fails to crack, he stays there for as long as it takes. After a year of not going crazy and talking, the terrorist's rations are cut to two pieces of toast and two gallon jugs of water.

Turtles and mushrooms live a long time and are patient because of it. They have extracted a lot of intelligence from the simple process of toast, water, annoying music, and patience.

Capital punishment for terrorism is always the electric chair. We call the biggest chair "Pikachu".
Last edited by TurtleShroom on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Iyndolen
Spokesperson

Founded: May 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Iyndolen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 am

Torture is outlawed as within Iyndolen that said we do utilize intensive coercion techniques such as blaring Irish music at prisoners. Note:There is no difference between Military and civilian law in iyndolen.

Vervaria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vervaria » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 am

Torture is strictly forbidden under any circumstance in Vervaria.
Lulz: viewtopic.php?p=2707685#p2707685
Fact book
Robustian wrote:If you disagree with me, you are wrong. Period.

Ashmoria wrote:it worries me more when people who hate the government and dont think it can do a good job at anything get into power and start running things.

Wanderjar wrote:hiding behind this "I WANT SOURCES" wall is very quaint

Self--Esteem wrote:No. I love smearing those people who evidently like their country blown by a nuke and who are too foolish to realise that middle-eastern terrorism is nothing to be fond of.

Novistranaya wrote:After the Civil War, the majority of Southerners were more than happy to accept defeat and acknowledge the fact that (though not immediately) blacks were going to have the same rights as them.

Beiguo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiguo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:02 am

Beiguese law forbids the use of physical torture against civilians, excepting in a declared State of Emergency.

Signed and Sent by,
HRH Princess the Rt Hon. Irene Kennedy, Prime Minister, the Kingdom of Beiguo
I do not use NS stats, and before you try, shaming me with "I guess you're just playing to win" doesn't work. You can be pure MT and still be that jackass if you want to, so shut your arrogant mouth.

NS stats are satire that was never meant to be taken seriously.

I aligned this to the right because I bloody well felt like it. If you frequently do things because you bloody well feel like it, add this to your signature.

Hypparchia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypparchia » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:10 am

Torture in Hypparchia is divided in four categories:

* Chemical
* Mechanical
* Electrical
* Psychological

We use torture for various purposes, but mostly as punishment for crimes. If the crime is significant (murder, rape) the perpetrator is subjected to torture and then disablement. Minor criminals only receive lighter procedures, which will prevent them from commiting another crime anytime soon. Thanks to these methods, Hypparchia operates only a handful of prisons and saves billions of credits each year.
Last edited by Hypparchia on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:11 am

Torture IS allowed here, unlike the pansy HUMAN nations who have said it's outlawed. Waterboarding and other torture practices some call "Humane" are used on Dino criminals and POW's. However, Waterboarding is mild compared to the torture methods we use on Human criminals and POW's. Every inhumane torture practice that is used in the "Modern World" we use on the filthy Mammals, we will not go in much detail there, but let's just say Human criminals aren't treated very well.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Daiju
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Daiju » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 am

The State of Daiju does not officially utilize methods of torture to extract evidence or admittance of guilt, as torture for the purposes of interrogation has proven to be highly ineffective - people will admit to anything to make it stop. As such, information obtained via torture is omitted from trails and individuals who have been tortured may be set free, regardless of actual guilt or innocence.

However, convicted criminals who are bound to serve long-term sentences will find themselves at the mercy of guards and other prisoners. Officials turn a blind eye towards torture and humiliation in penitentiaries. Prisoners serving terms longer than 50 years may be randomly selected for chemical and medical testing.
EVERYTHING IS AS IT SHOULD BE.

Voltyre
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltyre » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:36 am

Torture is allowed here. Military can torture whoever they want, as long as they classify as a national threat. A threat is often cut and stabbed at in the least vital places to keep them alive. Oh, but the pain they endure....

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:49 am

Saurisia wrote:Torture IS allowed here, unlike the pansy HUMAN nations who have said it's outlawed. Waterboarding and other torture practices some call "Humane" are used...
TurtleShroom Official Page wrote:12 hours ago: Following new legislation in TurtleShroom, torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals.

HECK YEAH! :D

Although we only use the so-called 'humane' torture on anyone. Our interregators seem to get a twisted sense of enjoyment out of waterboarding. We primarily use waterboarding and music torture. These are our two biggest methods.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Beiguo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Beiguo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:53 am

Note to Self: If facing TurtleShroom in a war, procure large quantities of butter, skillets and spices.

Signed and Sent by,
I do not use NS stats, and before you try, shaming me with "I guess you're just playing to win" doesn't work. You can be pure MT and still be that jackass if you want to, so shut your arrogant mouth.

NS stats are satire that was never meant to be taken seriously.

I aligned this to the right because I bloody well felt like it. If you frequently do things because you bloody well feel like it, add this to your signature.

Krsta
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 am

We have only one case of torture in the prison and it took place in late September 1979, when George Brutlack, a man who opened fire on the Frontier square killing 26 persons, was in prison, a guard who's daughter was one of the victims, began cruelly treating Brutlack which caused serious, both mental and physical, wounds on Brutlack. It was found out when the camera shot one of the torture scenes on December 4, 1979. On December 5, all the media published the story, so the guard was arrested and removed license to ever work any job as it on December 7, 1979 after the long questioning. His trial began on January 28, 1980 and on April 16 he was sentenced to 6 years in prison. George Brutlack was sentenced to 48 years in prison on May 18, 1980. The guard was freed from prison in 1984, 2 years later, because of well - behaving. He retired immediately and died in May 2009. George Brutlack is still alive and is serving his sentence. He gave a few interviews about the torture, and says it involved kicking, strangling and binding his hands with the chains and ropes.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Beiguo wrote:Note to Self: If facing TurtleShroom in a war, procure large quantities of butter, skillets and spices.

Signed and Sent by,

OOC: :lol2: :lol2:

I need to collect these quotes about my nation. There are a LOT of them. :lol:
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 pm

If you don't count taxes as torture, then no, we do not torture.

If you do, then every country tortures.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information