NATION

PASSWORD

Technological Restricions Act of Polska (CLOSED)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lastimosa
Attaché

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lastimosa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:48 am

Zephanias wrote:Due to the fact that we are on an internet forum. I can't help considering these statements somewhat hypocritical.

I don't recall a pre-1960's internet capable computer ever being created. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

IC:

I am sure the government is exempt from such regulations.
Last edited by Lastimosa on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polska rzczpolspolita
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Polska rzczpolspolita » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:51 am

Update: everything to 1989 is now okay, and from there to 2000 has a "Time Tax" on it.
The Republic of Both Nations

Zephanias
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephanias » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:53 am

Lastimosa wrote:
Zephanias wrote:Due to the fact that we are on an internet forum. I can't help considering these statements somewhat hypocritical.

I don't recall a pre-1960's internet capable computer ever being created. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

IC:

I am sure the government is exempt from such regulations.

I see. So this is a case of "Do as I say, not as I do"?

Regardless of whether or not the government is exempt from said regulations, it's still hypocritical.

Polska rzczpolspolita
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Polska rzczpolspolita » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:57 am

To make people happy:
we're just going to take the 50s-esque suggestion a page back
Last edited by Polska rzczpolspolita on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lastimosa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lastimosa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:01 am

Zephanias wrote:Regardless of whether or not the government is exempt from said regulations, it's still hypocritical.

I agree. This whole business is foolishness, regardless of any modifications which may be applied.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:10 am

Polska rzczpolspolita wrote:To make people happy:
we're just going to take the 50s-esque suggestion a page back

Aw.

Our military is disappointed that we didn't notice this thread sooner. We would have liked the free oil, metal, cropland, and population that was on offer.

Oh, we know you didn't *word* it that way, but that's what "no technology past 1959" would have meant...
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Polska rzczpolspolita
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Polska rzczpolspolita » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:13 am

feel free to invade. You'll just have to deal with a lot more forces. An alien invasion would be pretty cool

Lastimosa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lastimosa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:15 am

Polska rzczpolspolita wrote:feel free to invade. You'll just have to deal with a lot more forces. An alien invasion would be pretty cool

...You're weird. You do know that, don't you? You're asking to be invaded by ENORMOUS ROBOTS!

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:37 am

Polska rzczpolspolita wrote:This is to solve unemplyment, because of the many jobs replaced by computers. Also, it prohibits Cyber warfare, and also limits terrorist organizations to gain any significant following.

I appreciate the intents of tackling unemployment and the tackling of terrorism and cyber-crime, but such approaches could really stagnate the progress of education and standards of living in our opinion. I'm sure there's a way to allow computers without running a risk of cyber warfare or unemployment, like restricting computers to educational establishments only.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:41 am

Polska rzczpolspolita wrote:Update: everything to 1989 is now okay, and from there to 2000 has a "Time Tax" on it.

And after 2000....?
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:13 am

Polska rzczpolspolita wrote:feel free to invade. You'll just have to deal with a lot more forces. An alien invasion would be pretty cool

*Checks population*

We have 2.363 billion citizens, and our citizens (and military) are indeed "enormous robots." We are FT in the highest order. And just because it seems to come up often - we do have Faraday caging in our bodies, so we are EMP-proof.

You have 773 million citizens and are apparently around Early MT.

So you basically want to become a Decepticon possession... :unsure:

Our Foreign Intelligence Department is now investigating this. We suspect there is something Deceptive and Conniving about your offer. I, Megatron, have not avoided overthrow for 900 years by being overly impulsive - Autobot propaganda to the contrary. The saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it is" comes into my active circuitry in this case.

Ah - Here's the first report from Intelligence!

Alliance Detected: PSUS (20 Members)
PSUS Charter wrote:Article One: Defense - Where one or more member state’s territorial integrity, political independence or security directly threatened, or a state of war is declared on them, the other member states are obligated to react as though their own territorial integrity, political independence or security is at serious risk. All member states will contribute it’s full military, economic, political power, to help defend the integrity of fellow member states, when under threat.

Uh-huh, uh-huh...just as I suspected. A fire-ant hill indeed lurks beneath your green grasses! Nice try, but we are the Decepticons! We *expect* tricks!

We were wanting FREE oil, metal, cropland and slaves. The above shows that there would be a price attached to official action, so we will refrain...for now...

~Megatron

***Encrypted Directive to Foreign Intelligence***
Get some agents into that place.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Sapiency
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapiency » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:22 am

Victorious Decepticons wrote:

*Checks population*

We have 2.363 billion citizens, and our citizens (and military) are indeed "enormous robots." We are FT in the highest order. And just because it seems to come up often - we do have Faraday caging in our bodies, so we are EMP-proof.

You have 773 million citizens and are apparently around Early MT.

So you basically want to become a Decepticon possession... :unsure:

Our Foreign Intelligence Department is now investigating this. We suspect there is something Deceptive and Conniving about your offer. I, Megatron, have not avoided overthrow for 900 years by being overly impulsive - Autobot propaganda to the contrary. The saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it is" comes into my active circuitry in this case.

Ah - Here's the first report from Intelligence!

Alliance Detected: PSUS (20 Members)
PSUS Charter wrote:Article One: Defense - Where one or more member state’s territorial integrity, political independence or security directly threatened, or a state of war is declared on them, the other member states are obligated to react as though their own territorial integrity, political independence or security is at serious risk. All member states will contribute it’s full military, economic, political power, to help defend the integrity of fellow member states, when under threat.

Uh-huh, uh-huh...just as I suspected. A fire-ant hill indeed lurks beneath your green grasses! Nice try, but we are the Decepticons! We *expect* tricks!

We were wanting FREE oil, metal, cropland and slaves. The above shows that there would be a price attached to official action, so we will refrain...for now...

~Megatron

***Encrypted Directive to Foreign Intelligence***
Get some agents into that place.

State of war- You're the deceptions and you're from the future. What are they going to do but cower in fear? Keep in mind the huge loophole. You don't have to declare war. You can just come in from space, take their shit and leave.
The Interstellar Aretecratic Union of Sapiency

Storm on his mother finding him out mid-coitus
<Storm_> She found me... mid-rut.
<Storm_> She asked me "What are you doing?"
<Storm_> And probably because I was suicidal I said 'I think this position is known as the doggy style'
Well, I don't see anything wrong with calling Jolt/OMAC a bunch of assholes that apply oral suction to diseased genitalia. -Reppy
Or the "THE SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME LIBERAL PANSY GAYFEST COMMUNIST LOVE HOUR", because you know that's what Faux News will do if you make them. -Dontgonearthere

Sapiency
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapiency » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 am

Polska rzczpolspolita wrote:An alien invasion would be pretty cool

I'd love to do an alien invasion. Could I launch a full armed forces attack upon your nation?
The Interstellar Aretecratic Union of Sapiency

Storm on his mother finding him out mid-coitus
<Storm_> She found me... mid-rut.
<Storm_> She asked me "What are you doing?"
<Storm_> And probably because I was suicidal I said 'I think this position is known as the doggy style'
Well, I don't see anything wrong with calling Jolt/OMAC a bunch of assholes that apply oral suction to diseased genitalia. -Reppy
Or the "THE SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME LIBERAL PANSY GAYFEST COMMUNIST LOVE HOUR", because you know that's what Faux News will do if you make them. -Dontgonearthere

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information