NATION

PASSWORD

Need Feedback for a FB: Nuts, Bolts, and Tendons

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Mutable
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Need Feedback for a FB: Nuts, Bolts, and Tendons

Postby Mutable » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Hey guys. I'm currently working on worldbuilding for a cyberpunk-themed city named Sanctum. I want to flesh out the greatest and most emergent societal influences in this fictional, sci-fi city before getting into the intricacies of society as a whole as well as its government. My factbook going by the edgy name, Nuts, Bolts, and Tendons, is one such instance of worldbuilding that specifically deals with how human augmentation and prosthetics as well as Sanctum's skewed definition of perfection has led to its people altering their bodies so that they can go beyond the limits of their human bodies for extraordinarily advanced prosthetics.

The format is admittedly a tad bit flowery, with the introduction explaining how great of a hold a corporation that dominates Sanctum known as the Oasis Corp has on societal perception and how it has skewed the definition of perfection such that unnecessary augmentation of oneself is looked highly upon despite the practice being, in essence, glorified self-mutilation. The second part then focuses on the history of prosthetics, tying into the actual history of prosthetics before veering off into a fictitious historical events after the 2020s leading to the Oasis corp's domination of the prosthetics and augmentation markets. The last section, which is currently unfinished at the moment, then details some of the most popular and commonplace Oasis prosthetics in Sanctum's current society. Although this format does contain a lot of details and context that it could do without, I'm interested in exploring this more embellished sort of writing because it ties in real history with (hopefully) semi-probable outcomes and provides some insight into Sanctum's societal norms and structure in general.

What do you all think of the factbook? Is it too embellished and overblown? Is the history of prosthetics unnecessary and dry? And are there any details I should add, alter, or omit to improve the worldbuilding from this factbook? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you all for reading!

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mut ... id=1287054

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Need Feedback for a FB—Nuts, Bolts, and Tendons

Postby Yohannes » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:34 am

Oh hi Mutable Image

I’ve read your “Nuts, Bolts, and Tendons” dispatch. There is the NationStates Post-Modern Tech Community Thread. [ Click me to see the NS PMT Community thread! ]

How about reposting the questions there? I hope that you will receive more replies there. Best of luck!
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Mutable
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mutable » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:42 am

Yohannes wrote:

Oh hi Mutable (Image)

I’ve read your “Nuts, Bolts, and Tendons” dispatch. There is the NationStates Post-Modern Tech Community Thread. [ Click me to see the NS PMT Community thread! ]

How about reposting the questions there? I hope that you will receive more replies there. Best of luck!

Thanks!

Return to Factbooks and National Information