NATION

PASSWORD

Tiandi (天地) Signup and Recruitment [MT, RP/Worldbuilding]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:52 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Kewhira
Real life culture influence: Naga
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean
Population: 17,842,411
GDP (PPP) per capita: $24,302
GDP (nominal) per capita: $15,853
Military manpower (active/reserve): 195,000/20,000
Language(s): Angami, others
Nation description: https://tiandi.miraheze.org/wiki/Kewhira
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet
Link to map claim (optional): On map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:58 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Parzawl (field of flowers)
Real life culture influence: Mizo
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean(?)
Population: 94,729,700
GDP (PPP) per capita: $6,449
GDP (nominal) per capita: $2,503
Military manpower (active/reserve): 400,000/80,000
Language(s): Mizo and Naga languages; primarily Mizo
Nation description: Emerging democracy and developing nation.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): on map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:02 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Lhokseumawe
Real life culture influence: Aceh
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean
Population: 2,812,500
GDP (PPP) per capita: $8,675
GDP (nominal) per capita: $4,776
Military manpower (active/reserve): 80,000/20,000
Language(s): Acehnese, others
Nation description: The country is heavily mountainous and has some semblance of democracy. Most Austronesians live along the coast, whereas various hill tribes inhabit the interior.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): on map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:31 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Doimong (the hill state)
Real life culture influence: Ahom
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean?
Population: 80,110,200
GDP (PPP) per capita: $6,303
GDP (nominal) per capita: $1,704
Military manpower (active/reserve): 640,000/80,000
Language(s): Ahom
Nation description: A developing country in which the military has significant influence.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): on map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:57 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Mahgo
Real life culture influence: Chamorro, Guam
Real life culture of former colonizer: Japanese
Population: 262,402
GDP (PPP) per capita: $6,403
GDP (nominal) per capita: $7,890
Military manpower (active/reserve): 550/0
Language(s): Chamorro, Japanese
Nation description: A small island nation which served as a fueling station for ships in the past. It is a republic.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): On map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:40 am

Sabara wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Hausan - 皓山
Real life culture influence: Toisanese
Real life culture of former colonizer: (if applicable)
Population: 14,321,599
GDP (PPP) per capita: $49,820
GDP (nominal) per capita: $51,301
Military manpower (active/reserve): 80,000/60,000
Language(s): Toisanese
Nation description: Historically an important maritime power.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Sabara
Main/puppet/NPC: on the map!
Link to map claim (optional):
How did you find out about Tiandi?:

sab is this puppet or npc >:(

or......... main :shock:
Last edited by Arumdaum on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Sabara
Minister
 
Posts: 3491
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sabara » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:29 am

Arumdaum wrote:
Sabara wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Hausan - 皓山
Real life culture influence: Toisanese
Real life culture of former colonizer: (if applicable)
Population: 14,321,599
GDP (PPP) per capita: $49,820
GDP (nominal) per capita: $51,301
Military manpower (active/reserve): 80,000/60,000
Language(s): Toisanese
Nation description: Historically an important maritime power.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Sabara
Main/puppet/NPC: on the map!
Link to map claim (optional):
How did you find out about Tiandi?:

sab is this puppet or npc >:(

or......... main :shock:

:shock:
(puppet)
A unique MT rp: Tiandi

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:07 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Ninahzad (Niinahnízaad)
Real life culture influence: Navajo
Real life culture of former colonizer: East Asian
Population: 37,071,654
GDP (PPP) per capita: $10,475
GDP (nominal) per capita: $5,889
Military manpower (active/reserve): 125,000/200,000
Language(s): Navajo
Nation description: Nenahzad was historically a major center of agriculture in the deserts of Eastern Uju. Today it is a developing nation that historically had a large communist insurgency that was supported by Nochtlico and Qichwa. Today it suffers from various problems associated with being a developing nation, including human trafficking.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): It'll be on map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: made it
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:28 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: A'hwaimuwu (Moon Beach)
Real life culture influence: Chumash
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean
Population: 41,342,514
GDP (PPP) per capita: $20,340
GDP (nominal) per capita: $13,542
Military manpower (active/reserve): 120,000/30,000
Language(s): Ventureño, other Chumash languages
Nation description: https://tiandi.miraheze.org/wiki/Saticoy
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet
Link to map claim (optional): on map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: made it
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Poshtal
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Oct 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Poshtal » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Poshtal پوسټال
Real life culture influence: Afghanistan/Pakistan (Mostly Afghanistan)
Real life culture of former colonizer: (if applicable)
Population: 37.2 million citizens, spread throughout the mountain ranges.
GDP (PPP) per capita: 2,721$
GDP (nominal) per capita: $2604
Military manpower (active/reserve): 192,542/15,000 (not mentioning local tribal groups within the mountains and warlords)
Language(s): Pashto/Urdu/Arabic
Nation description: A nation based within the great mountains, based on a mostly primitive society. The nation has many factions, and is usually in a state of somewhat instability, with Islamist on one side, communist on another, and nationalist looming within the caves. The geography is much like Afghanistan.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes.
Main nation on NS: Imbalistan
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet
Link to map claim (optional): https://imgur.com/X9Z450D
How did you find out about Tiandi?: I got it through a telegram on my main nation, Imbalistan, after the founder spotted me in a RP.
Last edited by Poshtal on Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 am

Poshtal wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Poshtal پوسټال
Real life culture influence: Afghanistan/Pakistan (Mostly Afghanistan)
Real life culture of former colonizer: (if applicable)
Population: 37.2 million citizens, spread throughout the mountain ranges.
GDP (PPP) per capita: 2,721$
GDP (nominal) per capita: $2604
Military manpower (active/reserve): 192,542/15,000 (not mentioning local tribal groups within the mountains and warlords)
Language(s): Pashto/Urdu/Arabic
Nation description: A nation based within the great mountains, based on a mostly primitive society. The nation has many factions, and is usually in a state of somewhat instability, with Islamist on one side, communist on another, and nationalist looming within the caves. The geography is much like Afghanistan.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes.
Main nation on NS: Imbalistan
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet
Link to map claim (optional): https://imgur.com/X9Z450D
How did you find out about Tiandi?: I got it through a telegram on my main nation, Imbalistan, after the founder spotted me in a RP.

Accepted.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Komusire
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Oct 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Komusire » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:25 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Komusire
Real life culture influence: Yakut (because I hate myself)
Real life culture of former colonizer: Manchu (sort of)
Population: 4,809,857
GDP (PPP) per capita: $45,578
GDP (nominal) per capita: $40,726
Military manpower (active/reserve): 19,836 active, 9,540 reserve
Language(s): Yakut (again, because I hate myself)
Nation description: Yakuts Yakuts Yakuts YAKUTS. Used to be part of Nukigurun, but gained independence less than a century ago while the country was going through some tough times (they're on good terms though). Almost everyone lives near the lake in the south but not everyone because some people live elsewhere in places that are even colder. Has lots of oil, gas, silver, and gold, and LOTS of diamonds.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Munkcestrian Republic/Albennia
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet
Link to map claim (optional): Already on the map (well, as an NPC)
How did you find out about Tiandi?: someone (Arumdaum) sent me a TG 3 years ago
Last edited by Komusire on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:34 am

Komusire wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Komusire
Real life culture influence: Yakut (because I hate myself)
Real life culture of former colonizer: Manchu (sort of)
Population: 4,809,857
GDP (PPP) per capita: $45,578
GDP (nominal) per capita: $40,726
Military manpower (active/reserve): 19,836 active, 9,540 reserve
Language(s): Yakut (again, because I hate myself)
Nation description: Yakuts Yakuts Yakuts YAKUTS. Used to be part of Nukigurun, but gained independence less than a century ago while the country was going through some tough times (they're on good terms though). Almost everyone lives near the lake in the south but not everyone because some people live elsewhere in places that are even colder. Has lots of oil, gas, silver, and gold, and LOTS of diamonds.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Munkcestrian Republic/Albennia
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet
Link to map claim (optional): Already on the map (well, as an NPC)
How did you find out about Tiandi?: someone (Arumdaum) sent me a TG 3 years ago

Accepted.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Manchuria
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 450
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Manchuria » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:46 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Nukigurun
Real life culture influence: Manchu
Real life culture of former colonizer: None
Population: 258,623,696
GDP (PPP) per capita: $32,729
GDP (nominal) per capita: $18,342
Military manpower (active/reserve): 1,250,000/3,200,000
Language(s): Manchu, several others
Nation description: A large Manchu nation which has expanded far to the west. Powerful military and a great power. Fairly conservative constitutional monarchy.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: :shock:
Main/puppet/NPC: :unsure:
Link to map claim (optional): On map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Secret
tiandi
georgetown sfs

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:45 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Nesh
Real life culture influence: Hittites
Real life culture of former colonizer: East Asian
Population: 22,685,221
GDP (PPP) per capita: $11,209
GDP (nominal) per capita: $5,398
Military manpower (active/reserve): 100,000/40,000
Language(s): Hittite
Nation description: Nesh is a corrupt, developing Hittite nation.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): Landlocked plot above Zadiya
How did you find out about Tiandi?: o
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Upepojua
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Oct 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Upepojua » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:29 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: the Federal Republic of Upepojua
Real life culture influence: Swahili trade city-states originated. Varying Bantu and MENA influence.
Real life culture of former colonizer: Japanese/Korean(open to either or both)
Population: 45,658,374
GDP (PPP) per capita: 19,527
GDP (nominal) per capita: 12,568
Military manpower (active/reserve): 25,000 active/100,000 reserve - service mandatory
Language(s): Kiswahili(Official), !Arabic, !Korean, !Japanese
Nation description:
Upepojua(meaning sunwind, lit. winds of the sun), is a Federal Republic comprised of six provinces, adopting an "eastern" form of government with native attributes.

The islands were sparsely inhabited until the arrival of the Wado people, who would soon split into different widespread groups. The Wado Islands would shift under various ancient empire's control from the north and south, a highly contested area due to its trade position and resources. The Wado would later on form varying competing city states based on the oceanic trade, and being a middle-man between the southern and northern area. The Wado cities would grow prosperous and cosmopolitan, soon uniting under a conquering King into the Empire of Upepojua.

Upepojua had soon become a middle-man for the bustling slave trade, however Jeongmi and Akitsukuni had come into regular contact with Upepojua by the 18th century and discouraged the slave trade. Upepojuan emperor's at the time saw it beneficial to outlaw slavery later and use foreign favor for imperial ambitions. This turned on the Empire in the 19th century, when the Wado cities were occupied, but spared, through a series of conquest. Later the Emperor would be captured and a new puppet monarch would be installed.

By the mid-19th century Upepojua was being carved up, with its position being hard fought over.

In the beginning of the 20th century, Upepojua would begin experiencing revolutionary and nationalist sentiment. By 1912 the revolution was in full swing and by 1919 the largest island was under nationalist control. Peace was reached in 1921 and tension would persist in the remaining occupied islands. 1950-1970 would see the rest of the islands steadily released to the Federal Republic to prevent violent revolution from breaking out. Thus, modern Upepojua.

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yessir.
Main nation on NS: This one now.
Main/puppet/NPC: Upepojua
Link to map claim (optional): https://i.imgur.com/aTfVDCl.png
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Came back to NS as an enthusiastic worldbuilder and found this fine region browsing the forum.
Last edited by Upepojua on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Upepojua wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: the Federal Republic of Upepojua
Real life culture influence: Swahili trade city-states originated. Varying Bantu and MENA influence.
Real life culture of former colonizer: Japanese/Korean(open to either or both)
Population: 45,658,374
GDP (PPP) per capita: 19,527
GDP (nominal) per capita: 12,568
Military manpower (active/reserve): 25,000 active/100,000 reserve - service mandatory
Language(s): Kiswahili(Official), !Arabic, !Korean, !Japanese
Nation description:
Upepojua(meaning sunwind, lit. winds of the sun), is a Federal Republic comprised of six provinces, adopting an "eastern" form of government with native attributes.

The islands were sparsely inhabited until the arrival of the Wado people, who would soon split into different widespread groups. The Wado Islands would shift under various ancient empire's control from the north and south, a highly contested area due to its trade position and resources. The Wado would later on form varying competing city states based on the oceanic trade, and being a middle-man between the southern and northern area. The Wado cities would grow prosperous and cosmopolitan, soon uniting under a conquering King into the Empire of Upepojua.

Upepojua had soon become a middle-man for the bustling slave trade, however Jeongmi and Akitsukuni had come into regular contact with Upepojua by the 18th century and discouraged the slave trade. Upepojuan emperor's at the time saw it beneficial to outlaw slavery later and use foreign favor for imperial ambitions. This turned on the Empire in the 19th century, when the Wado cities were occupied, but spared, through a series of conquest. Later the Emperor would be captured and a new puppet monarch would be installed.

By the mid-19th century Upepojua was being carved up, with its position being hard fought over.

In the beginning of the 20th century, Upepojua would begin experiencing revolutionary and nationalist sentiment. By 1912 the revolution was in full swing and by 1919 the largest island was under nationalist control. Peace was reached in 1921 and tension would persist in the remaining occupied islands. 1950-1970 would see the rest of the islands steadily released to the Federal Republic to prevent violent revolution from breaking out. Thus, modern Upepojua.

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yessir.
Main nation on NS: This one now.
Main/puppet/NPC: Upepojua
Link to map claim (optional): https://i.imgur.com/aTfVDCl.png
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Came back to NS as an enthusiastic worldbuilder and found this fine region browsing the forum.

Accepted.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:11 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Mennefer "enduring and beautiful"
Real life culture influence: Ancient Egypt
Real life culture of former colonizer: East Asian
Population: 123,089,734
GDP (PPP) per capita: $12,693
GDP (nominal) per capita: $3,581
Military manpower (active/reserve): 438,000/510,000
Language(s): Ancient Egyptian
Nation description: Ancient Egypt brought into the modern day
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): On map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:34 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Komish
Real life culture influence: Iran
Real life culture of former colonizer: East Asian
Population: 90,879,751
GDP (PPP) per capita: $9,972
GDP (nominal) per capita: $3,287
Military manpower (active/reserve): 500,000/600,000
Language(s): Farsi, others
Nation description: Developing nation ruled by strongman. Historical rivalry with Mennefer. Zoroastrianism is still relevant.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): On map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Songtseu
Real life culture influence: Suzhounese
Real life culture of former colonizer: None
Population: 18,578,192
GDP (PPP) per capita: $59,351
GDP (nominal) per capita: $55,209
Military manpower (active/reserve): 55,000/5,000
Language(s): Suzhounese
Nation description: Wealthy, liberal democracy in the Sinju Union.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): On map
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Founder
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Duhon
Senator
 
Posts: 4421
Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:12 am

i remember this being older than it now is
anyway, dropping by for maybe shenanigans

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Duhon wrote:i remember this being older than it now is
anyway, dropping by for maybe shenanigans

Yeah, remade the thread a few days ago...

Please rejoin! :(
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Wokajoor
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Oct 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Wokajoor

Postby Wokajoor » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:46 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Wokajoor
Real life culture influence: Pan-west african under dominant Wolof, Serer, Mande(Mali) and Akan influence
Real life culture of former colonizer: Multiple (Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc)
Population: 709,294,540
GDP (PPP) per capita: 9,645
GDP (nominal) per capita: 5,017
Military manpower (active/reserve): 5,087,276 | 1,087,665 active | 3,999,611 reserve
Language(s): Wolof(countrywide dialects), Serer, Manding Languages, Akan(Twi and others), Korean, Japanese, other colonial
Nation description:
Wokajoor is a diverse confederacy spanning a large Miju subcontinent, comprised of over 80 different ethnic groups and 176 spoken languages. Though immensely diverse, the majority of the population is comprised of the most urbanized groups, the [Wolof], [Serer] and [Akan]. The nature of the confederacy is unique, as it was formed in a period when all-out-war seemed inevitable.

In the mid-20th century, Wokajoor was fractured, the colonialist leaving hastily with superimposed borders. This lofty order quickly broke down, and so did Sinju influence. Ethnic tensions had reached a boiling point and in crisis, the political, revolutionary and populist leaders of Wokajoor united under a diplomatic union, a forum in order to break down Sinjuized borders, and manage rightful land distribution. This led to the creation of numerous nations, redefining post-colonial borders and preventing a subcontinental war. Pockets of conflict still broke out however and rebels rose across the country. Prominent leaders pushed for the pooling of resources, as individual states could not separately deal with rebels and other territorial violations.

Kwame Keite would be the most influential political figure of the time, he would entrench the first political mechanisms of the Union, then slowly introduce economic reform. In 1973 he created the Union currency as a leading Committee Chairman and President of [some pre-united country], opening Wokajoor up to the world and building infrastructure. In 1979, Kwame Keite would be assassinated, marking an end to the Transnational Union era, as the economic prosperity experienced into the 1980s would lead to a spike in inter-connectivity and accelerate a growing population. Modern industrialization spread quickly and national sovereignty, as well as Sinju-inspired local institutions, slowly began to erode, however were supplanted by growing foreign investment in local lands. By the mid-1990s, the bustling Union had begun the process of federalization, ending in 2001 when the Confederacy of Wokajoor was officially declared, and the constitution signed.

Since then, there has been sweeping reform by the first President, eroding former nationalist institutions and reinvigorating local traditional governments. Further banking and economic reform incurred more growth, emphasizing a capitalist economy and investment in cheap and efficient Wokajoori manufacturing.

The conditions of workers are often criticized, as little care for safety is given in Wokajoori industry, but is numerous and highly productive, in lieu of human/worker rights. These conditions existed since Kwame Keite's reforms, and are reaching their height now. Across the country is a wave of movements, civil disobedience and rising crime/rebel groups, aimed at a government riddled with corruption, overflowing slums and unparalleled environmental pollution. This industrious and tumultuous time in Wokajoor is quite interesting, as the country is also a rising power.

Before the union, Wokajoor had a deep and ancient history which defines it's countries and ethnic groups today, this is merely the last 100 years, the formation of united Wokajoor.

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: hel ye
Main nation on NS: this one now
Main/puppet/NPC: Wokajoor
Link to map claim (optional): Wokajoor
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Surfing
Last edited by Wokajoor on Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Samano2wa
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Samano2wa » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:52 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Norikwhum
Real life culture influence: Rhodesia-Zimbabwe/Rwanda, but instead of northern S-Bantu, there were Upper Germans, and they weren't Maoist.
Real life culture of former colonizer: Jeongmi
Population: 15,303,596
GDP (PPP) per capita: NS$18,302
GDP (nominal) per capita: NS$9,303
Military manpower (active/reserve): 170,000 / 500,000
Language(s): Upper German, Afrikaans, a bit of Denglish, Korean
Nation description: > German petty kingdoms do well for a while, but stop because of economic changes in reason, such as plauge killing a lot of peasants > Decades/Centuries pass > Colonized > Does really well (for colonizers), locals not so much until comparatively recently > Colonizer country decides to start giving independence to colonies with full equal representation > Colonists see other countries immediately going into decades-long civil wars over this > Colonists: Hm! Don't like that! [declare independence themselves] > Immediately go into decades-long civil war > Win after uniting with non-Communist native factions in civil war > Clean up mess of country > ??? > Present
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Aye sir!
Main nation on NS: He
Main/puppet/NPC: Samano2wa
Link to map claim (optional): Somewhere suitably mountainous (but with some area of fertile plains) in Yoju
How did you find out about Tiandi?: It was revealed in a dream by a talking fish.

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24459
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:59 am

Wokajoor wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Wokajoor
Real life culture influence: Pan-west african under dominant Wolof, Serer, Mande(Mali) and Akan influence
Real life culture of former colonizer: Multiple (Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc)
Population: 709,294,540
GDP (PPP) per capita: 9,645
GDP (nominal) per capita: 5,017
Military manpower (active/reserve): 5,087,276 | 1,087,665 active | 3,999,611 reserve
Language(s): Wolof(countrywide dialects), Serer, Manding Languages, Akan(Twi and others), Korean, Japanese, other colonial
Nation description:
Wokajoor is a diverse confederacy spanning a large Miju subcontinent, comprised of over 80 different ethnic groups and 176 spoken languages. Though immensely diverse, the majority of the population is comprised of the most urbanized groups, the [Wolof], [Serer] and [Akan]. The nature of the confederacy is unique, as it was formed in a period when all-out-war seemed inevitable.

In the mid-20th century, Wokajoor was fractured, the colonialist leaving hastily with superimposed borders. This lofty order quickly broke down, and so did Sinju influence. Ethnic tensions had reached a boiling point and in crisis, the political, revolutionary and populist leaders of Wokajoor united under a diplomatic union, a forum in order to break down Sinjuized borders, and manage rightful land distribution. This led to the creation of numerous nations, redefining post-colonial borders and preventing a subcontinental war. Pockets of conflict still broke out however and rebels rose across the country. Prominent leaders pushed for the pooling of resources, as individual states could not separately deal with rebels and other territorial violations.

Kwame Keite would be the most influential political figure of the time, he would entrench the first political mechanisms of the Union, then slowly introduce economic reform. In 1973 he created the Union currency as a leading Committee Chairman and President of [some pre-united country], opening Wokajoor up to the world and building infrastructure. In 1979, Kwame Keite would be assassinated, marking an end to the Transnational Union era, as the economic prosperity experienced into the 1980s would lead to a spike in inter-connectivity and accelerate a growing population. Modern industrialization spread quickly and national sovereignty, as well as Sinju-inspired local institutions, slowly began to erode, however were supplanted by growing foreign investment in local lands. By the mid-1990s, the bustling Union had begun the process of federalization, ending in 2001 when the Confederacy of Wokajoor was officially declared, and the constitution signed.

Since then, there has been sweeping reform by the first President, eroding former nationalist institutions and reinvigorating local traditional governments. Further banking and economic reform incurred more growth, emphasizing a capitalist economy and investment in cheap and efficient Wokajoori manufacturing.

The conditions of workers are often criticized, as little care for safety is given in Wokajoori industry, but is numerous and highly productive, in lieu of human/worker rights. These conditions existed since Kwame Keite's reforms, and are reaching their height now. Across the country is a wave of movements, civil disobedience and rising crime/rebel groups, aimed at a government riddled with corruption, overflowing slums and unparalleled environmental pollution. This industrious and tumultuous time in Wokajoor is quite interesting, as the country is also a rising power.

Before the union, Wokajoor had a deep and ancient history which defines it's countries and ethnic groups today, this is merely the last 100 years, the formation of united Wokajoor.

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: hel ye
Main nation on NS: this one now
Main/puppet/NPC: Wokajoor
Link to map claim (optional): Wokajoor
How did you find out about Tiandi?: Surfing

Accepted.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austrasien, Gryphonian Alliance, Neu Engollon, South Gragastavia

Advertisement

Remove ads