NATION

PASSWORD

Alpes a Septentrionali Inquiry Department [Q/A]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Adalzica wrote:How are children educated in the empire?

I believe that we have answered a question like this before, so this may rephrase that. Children have their education stratified based on their estate. For instance, the few quickly souls in the fourth estate have little to no education, only at most being that how to speak and read. A lucky few may get to learn how to write and extremely basic arithmetic. The third estate is subject to the Imperial education system, with them being taught Latin, French, and 1 or 2 more languages, history and the government of the Imperium, geography, basic sciences, and mathematics. Along with a few cultures is driven classes such as art, music classes and whatnot. The first estate has a similar education to the third, just more open and inclusive it and filled it seems.

Schooling for those who don't wish to attain higher education with either Le Collège at age 16, or Le Lycée at age 18. The only difference between the two is that Le Collège is mandatory, and you are most likely working, apprenticing or serving your military time once you get out of it if you don't decide to go to the universities. Le Lycée on the other hand gives you the Baccalauréat allowing you to head off to most universities, or a more technical position. It will also give you shorted time of military service, which I here for some has even been six months.
Last edited by Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.
Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:13 am

Why is the grey wolf your national animal?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Catsfern wrote:Why is the grey wolf your national animal?

" The Grey Wolf is the national animal because of its status as animal of the Imperial House de Froid, and because it is another factor in connecting our Imperium to the Imperium Romanum"
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:34 pm

From: Office of the Premier, Greater Montréal Region, New Québec.

Sent: November 2, 1995.
To: Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Regards, Government of the Alpes, or appropriate representative.

Allow me to introduce myself as Commandant Franz Daluege, commander of the paramilitary Sûreté du Québec. I do believe you have spoken with my superior, Premier Cédric Lésage in the past.

As of late, the Sûreté du Québec has been slow in development. Though it's historical roots go far back as the 1800s, our very recent Secessionist Incident has forced the organisation into massive reform, where yours truly takes the reigns.

The paramilitary has since grown from it's humble few thousand or so officers to just short of a million. That million is divided into a wide range of paramedics, firefighters, search & rescuemen, police officers, royal guards, airmen, seamen, and infantry soldiers.

As you could tell, for one man to be running such a show is quite the burden.

To waste not more of your time, I would like to reach out to the Imperial Army of the Alpes with the offer of joint-training exercises. As Commandant of the Sûreté du Québec, I propose a dispatch of a thousand or so staff officers for two months to train with your formidable military in it's environment, with it's discipline, and practising it's drills. Concurrently, the Imperial Army will dispatch their own representatives to Quebec to undergo a similar process.

Such an affair would take some monumental logistical planning, but with no language barrier in our way, I'm sure it could be done.

I hope to hear from our French-brothers soon.

~ Commandant de SdQ, Franz Daluege.

[Stamp - Church of Montreal Post] [5¢] || Approved for post by the Sûreté du Québec.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Sent: November 2, 1995.
To: Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Regards, Government of the Alpes, or appropriate representative.

Allow me to introduce myself as Commandant Franz Daluege, commander of the paramilitary Sûreté du Québec. I do believe you have spoken with my superior, Premier Cédric Lésage in the past.

As of late, the Sûreté du Québec has been slow in development. Though it's historical roots go far back as the 1800s, our very recent Secessionist Incident has forced the organisation into massive reform, where yours truly takes the reigns.

The paramilitary has since grown from it's humble few thousand or so officers to just short of a million. That million is divided into a wide range of paramedics, firefighters, search & rescuemen, police officers, royal guards, airmen, seamen, and infantry soldiers.

As you could tell, for one man to be running such a show is quite the burden.

To waste not more of your time, I would like to reach out to the Imperial Army of the Alpes with the offer of joint-training exercises. As Commandant of the Sûreté du Québec, I propose a dispatch of a thousand or so staff officers for two months to train with your formidable military in it's environment, with it's discipline, and practising it's drills. Concurrently, the Imperial Army will dispatch their representatives to Quebec to undergo a similar process.

Such an affair would take some monumental logistical planning, but with no language barrier in our way, I'm sure it could be done.

I hope to hear from our French-brothers soon.

~ Commandant de SdQ, Franz Daluege.

[Stamp - Church of Montreal Post] [5¢] || Approved for post by the Sûreté du Québec.

Sent: November 7th XXXX
To: Office of the Premier, Greater Montréal Region, New Québec

Imperial and Royal Telegram Service, 1804 Rue de Louis XIV, Lutetia(Paris), Alpes a Septentrionalis

Greetings to you, our French-brothers in the Americas.

The Imperial Army is also currently going through a rather large stage of development. But it is mostly that of modernizing its equipment and some tactics to that of a more modern military. And well this progress is marching along at a slow and boring rate, we are already seeing some improvements when it comes to somethings.

But that is not why you have contacted us. We would be interested in conducting joint-training exercises with the Sûreté du Québec and can prepare room and board for the officers sent as soon as possible. As for us, we can dispatch a detachment of Non/Commissioned officers as well as staff officers, numbering around a thousand. They will be the best we can offer to observe and train with the Sûreté du Québec.

Also, I hope your officers are thoroughly impressed and trained well they stay with us. It is a great honor to train with the Sûreté du Québec. But,
the logistics needed for an operation like this may take quite some time to prepare. Other than that, we will be happy to begin joint-operations.

Message from Communications Company: This telegram has passed through Lutetia(Paris), Lugdunum(Lyons), Madrid, New Orleans, Greater Montreal.
The believed sender is thought to be The First Lord of War, Marshal de Ceres, or the Count of Verdun.

OOC: You don't mind if I just steal some formatting do you?
Last edited by Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:17 pm

/bump

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 pm

A personal question from John Henry Eden.
"Hey there, iv been looking into buying a new mattress any advice on good kinds to get?"

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Catsfern wrote:A personal question from John Henry Eden.
"Hey there, iv been looking into buying a new mattress any advice on good kinds to get?"

Sent: November 23rd XXXX
To: John Henry Eden, President of the Democractic Empire of Catsfern

Imperial and Royal Telegram Service, 1804 Rue de Louis XIV, Lutetia(Paris), Alpes a Septentrionalis

Greetings my friend! Well I am a little unsure how to answer this question, as the Chancellor of the Palace is responiable on what my mattress is.

But I'll try my best on this. So, what kind of mattress do you need? Because there are many different mattresses, like for instance do you already have the bed frames. If so, I suggest buying the mattress that matches the frame. If you don't I would suggest looking into what types of mattress there are and how many you wish sleeping. If you wish to sleep only your self on a comfortable bed. I'd suggest getting a single with a nice core of foam or coil, or if you want the opposite well. Well, what can I say.....? I don't I'm unfortunately not an expert on mattresses and the Chancellor of the palace is on a two-month vacation in the colonies. So this time, my friend, I will be unable to give you much advice.

Sincerly, H.I. & R.M. Matthieu XV

Message sent by direct telegram from the Imperial Palace to Raven Rock

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:48 am

/bump

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:14 am

Fun Fact: The Imperium at one point almost began full diplomatic talks and trade deals with the nation of Georia. These stopped after the Georians government and representatives mysteriously disappeared.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 am

Sent: December 2, XXXX.
To: Communications Company, Paris, Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Regards, renowned Government of the Alpes.

It is well-known fact that the Quebecois love their culture, language, history, and tradition, but the nation and its people also understand that it is important to not be lost in the past when the world moves ever-forward in time. Our fine-taste and love for high-society living dates back to our historic roots with the Second Empire lifestyle under Napoleon III.

This year, planned since February of the same, our annual Bal Noël De Montréal, or in English, The Montreal Winter Ball, will be hosted in our refurbished National Assembly and Town Hall of the Old Montreal Region, with grand spectacles of entertainment and beautiful architecture to truly exemplify and capture the cultural and artistic integrity of Quebec.

Attached in this letter are all resolving details.

Please do consider this our formal invitation to the Alpeians. Our historic festival dating back to 1534 which has previously been a strictly Francophone event must remain a Francophone event. For two months the City of Montreal will be gifted to our ancestral homeland.

We hope to have you in Montreal. We hope to honour the glory of that which was Nouvelle-France.

~ Premier of New Québec, Reverend Cédric Lésage.

Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:27 pm

/bump

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:51 pm

how are you doing old friend its been a little while since we've talked.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Code: Select all
!

Reviewing your realm's Constitution, we were surprised to see a peculiar duality in Septenrion-French law.

Particularly, you maintain, to the best of your ability, the Sun King system of unrestricted, absolute monarchism and the total control of Septenrion-France under the indivisible Crown. Your legislature can only wield legislative powers in emergencies due to the absence or incapacitation of the Emperor.

However, your Constitution also protects freedom of thought, freedom of conscience, and extends religious freedom to Christians, Jews, and pagans. (That is a start.) You guarantee the right to private property for all Septenrionmen, and so on and so forth.

How far does this system go? Can a common man criticize the Emperor? Can he start a business? Can he speak his mind or freely advocate for change in the system, as long he does not actively try to overthrow or harm the Crown?

How does the Emperor balance the guarantee of these fundamental liberties and the natural dissent and exchange of possibly anti-royal ideas they create, and the absolutism of the unbridled Sun King? Where does the Crown draw the line between "I hate the reigning Emperor" and "I want to remove the Emperor from power"? Do commoners randomly selected to be placed in the Parliament receive the same freedom and power as the other Estates and lawmakers? Is the entire Third Estate given these abilities?
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 pm

Catsfern wrote:how are you doing old friend its been a little while since we've talked.

OOC: Good day to you, I have been doing quite well recently. Also sorry for taking so long to answer this.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Code: Select all
!

Reviewing your realm's Constitution, we were surprised to see a peculiar duality in Septenrion-French law.

Particularly, you maintain, to the best of your ability, the Sun King system of unrestricted, absolute monarchism and the total control of Septenrion-France under the indivisible Crown. Your legislature can only wield legislative powers in emergencies due to the absence or incapacitation of the Emperor.

However, your Constitution also protects freedom of thought, freedom of conscience, and extends religious freedom to Christians, Jews, and pagans. (That is a start.) You guarantee the right to private property for all Septenrionmen, and so on and so forth.

How far does this system go? Can a common man criticize the Emperor? Can he start a business? Can he speak his mind or freely advocate for change in the system, as long he does not actively try to overthrow or harm the Crown?

How does the Emperor balance the guarantee of these fundamental liberties and the natural dissent and exchange of possibly anti-royal ideas they create, and the absolutism of the unbridled Sun King? Where does the Crown draw the line between "I hate the reigning Emperor" and "I want to remove the Emperor from power"? Do commoners randomly selected to be placed in the Parliament receive the same freedom and power as the other Estates and lawmakers? Is the entire Third Estate given these abilities?

From: Office of the Count of Lyons in the Imperial Palace of Compiègne
Sent: October 19th XXXX
To: Whoever in Concerns in the Empire of Turtleshroom

Imperial and Royal Telegram Service, 1804 Rue de Louis XIV, Lutetia, Alpes a Septentrionalis

To whoever this letter reaches in concerns to our constitution, I must, unfortunately, make aware to you that the constitution you have referred to was replaced many years ago, and even then was only in force for a short time. I will address the national archives to make sure this mistake in placing the incorrect constitution up for show to the world is corrected.

But, I'm able to at least answer some of what you have asked. So, first of, the Alpeian Monarchy is not actually absolute, well still extremely powerful, it is bound by the laws of the current constitution and shares power with the Imperial Assembly, the legislature, which is allowed to wield legislative power well in session. It is composed of the Senate, this house of the Assembly is comprised mostly of hereditary nobility and those appointed by the Emperor, of which most appoints are confirmed by the Assembly. There is also the Chamber of Representatives of the Departments, who are elected every 5 years from the approved party list.

Now, moving on, yes, French-Alpeians are granted most basic human rights, with (albeit limited)freedom of thought being one of them. There are no true restrictions on religion but the Catholic Chruch has been for time immemorial been the preferred religion of the state. Citizens are allowed to own property and start businesses, but being able to criticize his Imperial Majesty, well possible, is something you would wish to be careful about unless you wish to be arrested under lese-majeste laws. Plotting to overthrow or remove him is also considered treason against the Imperial Government. As for the estate system, well that was removed quite a long time ago, more than a century ago, though the noble class is still a powerful and privileged one, all their property holdings and sinecures do help with that. Sortition in the Assembly was also abolished long ago as well. So to end this, The French-Alpeian Monarchy is not absolute or all-powerful and hasn't been in quite some time, and the constitution you have referred to is old, out of date, and was even in its own time short-lived. I apologize profusely for any confusion that has been caused to by the archives accidental uploading of the incorrect constitution and assures you a page for the proper constitution shall be put in place sometime in the future.

OOC: My factbooks are old and I plan on rewriting many of them when I have the time and ideas to do it. The one for the constitution in the one I want to replace the most, because that factbook is old and terrible, right next to the military factbooks.
Last edited by Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information