NATION

PASSWORD

ZeoNet News 2: Print Boogaloo (Read Only News Thread)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Zeonk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

ZeoNet News 2: Print Boogaloo (Read Only News Thread)

Postby Zeonk » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:53 am

ZeoNet is back!
OOC: What happened?
Basically I didn't like how things were going with my nation after I came back from a LONG hiatus and decided to just reboot everything. So that means a new news thread!
Same rules as last time apply: please don't actually post here, while I can't stop you this (like other news threads) is intended merely for me to post lore in the guise of a totally neutral news channel (basically take everything posted here with a grain of salt). If you're here from a "react to the AN's news" thread make sure you're looking at the last one, just in case I fucked up the sig link.
Anyways, enough OOC nonsense.

What is this?
ZeoNet is the most popular news program in Side 3. In addition to broadcasting on local television, it operates pay television channels directed to audiences outside of Side 3, as well as providing digital and print content in English, Japanese, German and Russian (the most common languages in Side 3). ZeoNet, based in Zum City, presents around-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, debates, sports news, and cultural programmes that provide a Zeonic viewpoint on major global events. While it has been frequently described in the past as a propaganda outlet for the government and its foreign policy, ZeoNet assures it's audience that just as the reign of the Zabis is behind the people of Zeon, so is that chapter in it's history.
Don't use NS stats for GDP or Population.
CONTINUITY REBOOT IN PROGRESS
Disclaimer: This nation doesn't actually represent my views.
Not actually called Zeonk but Zeon was taken.
News thread.

Zeonk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeonk » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:20 am

Earth Federation Space Forces continue buildup, amidst civilian protests.
October 14, UC 0081
EFSF RGM-79 undergoing maintenance

On January 1st, UC 0080, the One Year War came to an end. This was a relief for both sides, because the devastating war had drained resources and lives. During the postwar reconstruction effort, the Federation began to scale back military funding in an effort to regain lost revenue while fighting the war and to fund reconstruction efforts. But the Space Forces argued that they should be exempt from the budget cuts, because of the guerrilla remnants of the Principality of Zeon military that unaccounted for. Recently the Federation agreed, and few days ago passed the Federal Forces Reconstruction Plan in an effort to get the military back into shape. This is despite protests from civilians both on Earth and space, as they fear funds needed to finish reconstruction of the infrastructure damaged by the war will instead be funneled into a military that many feel is no longer needed.

On the domestic front, civilian electronics and mobile worker manufacturer Anaheim Electronics has recently acquired the assets and personnel of the Zeonic, Zimmad, and MIP corporations - the primary mobile suit manufacturing firms of the defeated Principality of Zeon. Consequently said companies have effectively ceased to exist, with Anaheim Electronics having already closed down some of their facilities on Side 3 for "budgetary reasons", angering nationalists and workers alike.
News thread.

Zeonk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeonk » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:44 am

First phase of Colony Reclamation Plan begins.
May 11, UC 0082
Colony construction in the early UC era
In what came as a surprise to some citizens, as part of the first phase of the Earth Federation's Colony Reclamation Plan several damaged colonies from Side 4 will be transported to the Republic of Zeon; where they will be repaired and become permanent additions to Side 3. This is to deal with the overpopulation issues presently in Side 3 and due to the fact Side 4 has been written off as "unsalvageable", the remainder of it's habitable colonies to be divided between Side 5 and Side 6 (aka the Riah Republic).

On other topics, the Zeon Space Defense Force has announced plans for low scale modernization to replace the small fleet of Gelgoog mobile suits with more advanced designs, to be supplied by Anaheim Electronics. Despite this, due to budgetary restrictions the aging Zaku II F2 Type will remain in service for the foreseeable future, according to our correspondent. Lastly, there are rumors circulating that the Axis asteroid mining base and Jupiter Fleet stopping point has become a refuge for renegade Zeon soldiers. We assure our readers that these are purely rumors, both the government and Jupiter Fleet have reported nothing unusual; these are indeed merely rumors.
News thread.

Zeonk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeonk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Second phase of Colony Reclamation Plan begins.
November 1, UC 0082
As part of the second phase of the Colony Reclamation Plan, damaged space colonies from Side 1 are being transferred to Side 3 to- [SIGNAL LOST]
I address the Earth Federal Forces and the loyal Warriors of the Principality of Zeon. You now face the Delaz Fleet.
The Armistice that was signed to end the Zeon War for Independence, also known to some as the One Year war, is nothing but a lie. It was signed by traitors, who appropriated the name Republic of Zeon.
We, the true forces of Zeon, have never lost sight of the War's objective, and soon, you will have your proof. Of this, I can assure you. You have been forewarned.[STATIC]
Day after day, the memory has never left me, the memory of so many lost for Spacenoid independence, and the young people who bring themselves again into those flames.
In response to the Spacenoid desire for freedom, the Federation continues to build up its crushing military might, and to crush it as if it were a bug. I know this to be true, because I have seen the proof. Observe the results of our battle.
It is obvious that this Gundam was developed for the sole purpose of a nuclear attack, in clear violation of the Antarctic Treaty. Who, upon seeing this, can doubt the evil intent of the damnable Federation? [STATIC] If you'll recall what led to the Zeon War for Independence, you'll see that we represent the spirit of Zeon Daikun. [STATIC] With the blood burning righteously in my veins, I hereby declare anew our war with the Earth Federation. Lay aside the tempting false whisper of peace and say it once more! For the glory of the fatherland that echoes in our hearts! Sieg Zeon!"

[SIGNAL RESTORED]
The following is transmitted through request of the Republic of Zeon Government. This is not a test. Due to the uncertain intent towards Side 3 of the Delaz Fleet, all residents of the Republic of Zeon should seek out, and prepare to take shelter immediately. If you know of a nearby location that has been designated as a shelter, go there now. All civilian flights to other Sides are being cancelled and inter-colony traffic is being minimized. Minovsky hardened radios will be distributed at your local police center or Republican Guard outpost. Stand by for any further Emergency Action Notification.
News thread.

Return to Factbooks and National Information