NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Signature Drink

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Jankenjin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Your Nation's Signature Drink

Postby Jankenjin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 pm

If you went into a bar and said, "Give me a <insert your nation's name here>", what would you be served?

A "Jankenjin" is a three-layered frozen margarita. The bottom layer is tequila and grenadine, the middle layer is tequila and limoncello, and the top layer is tequila and curacao. It's served in a tall, clear glass so that you can see the three layers--blue on top, yellow in the middle, and red on the bottom--and is never served with a straw. If you ask for one, they'll look at you like you're some kind of deviant.
Yes, we have a Factbook, for all those odd facts about this bunch of weird aliens.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:47 pm

A 'Moralite' is a simply another name for the 'Screwdriver', or a 'vodka and orange'.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Fatatatutti's signature drink would probably be Captain Criggin Rum, with the characteristic gasoline after-taste and greenish tint.

If you ask for a "Criggin", it will be served with no mix and no ice. (Ice is pretty difficult to obtain in Fatatatutti at any time.) Various daiquiris are also available, but never frozen, of course. Piña Coladas and fruity drinks with umbrellas are also popular.

A secondary brand of rum, Captain Zagor, is considered to be a knock-off by some. It lacks the robust gasoline flavour and is sometimes prefered by the less adventurous, especially tourists.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 pm

lubintau elixer. brewed from the grounds of a roasted root,
the elixer tastes like a double chocklet mint cinaman mocha.

a very mild simulant, equivelant to coffee.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Future Messiahs
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Future Messiahs » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:01 pm

"The best drink in existence is the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. The effect of drinking one of these is rather like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will tell you on which planets the best ones are brewed, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which voluntary organizations exist to help you recover afterwards.

"Fortunately, the Guide also tells you how you can make one yourself." (And, of course, it's gin-based.)

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster

1 bottle Ol' Janx Spirit.
1 measure Santraginean seawater.
3 cubes frozen Arcturan MegaGin.
4 liters Fallian marsh gas.
1 measure Qualactin Hypermint Extract.
1 Algolian Suntiger tooth.
Zamphour to taste.
Olive garnish.

Take the juice from one bottle of the Ol' Janx Spirit (see page 15 of the actual Guide).

Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V -- Oh, that Santraginean seawater, it says. Oh, those Santraginean fish!

Allow three cubes of Arcturan MegaGin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).

Allow four liters of Fallian marsh gas to bubble thrugh it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the marshes of Fallia.

Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint Extract, redolent of all the heady odors of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.

Drop in the tooth of an Algolan Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolan suns deep into the heart of the drink.

Sprinkle Zamphour.

Add an olive.

Drink... but... very... carefully.

If my brains are bashed out, I'll just get a second head.

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 22, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:02 pm

white rum + grenadine + absinthe + brandy + orange juice = The Maraquean.

Bambi-ea
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Our nations drink

Postby Bambi-ea » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Our nation Bambi-ea, has a drink that is made from the juice of a pink and yellow thing (which is our nations animal) which when served is done so at room temperature and is a pink drink with a yellow froth on top and tastes excalty like orange juice

Airstrip Sixteen
Secretary

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Airstrip Sixteen » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:24 am

The Proles and Outer Party members of Airstrip Sixteen drink almost exclusively watered down beer, all day, every day. The Inner Party members have access to safe water, rich beer and a variety of imported liquors from across the globe.

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:26 am

New Amerik's signature drink, or what passes for it, is known as the "Emperor's Poison", which is rather literal. The drink consists of mostly pomegranite juice with soda water poured into it, and a little lime juice. The drink is then laced with minute traces of arsenic. Finally, a single drop of plasma is quickly dropped into the drink, though if unavailable simple lemon juice will suffice for a weakened variant.

This drink is a favorite for the more wealthy governmental workers of New Amerik. However, though Amerikans can drink it mostly harmlessly due to exposure, it tends to have an unhealthy effect on foreigners, who soon find the peculiar urge to vomit it up soon after.
Last edited by New Amerik on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Basics of New Amerik
Factbook | Portfolio | Resurrection Offered (Storefront) | Embassy
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 3 = Defensive Actions
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:12 am

Wine is the favorite alcoholic beverage of our nation.
If you asked for a Niciae in a bar in Novus Niciae you would be given a glass of wine from Niciae Vineyards our nations leading vintners which has been in continuous production for 2000 years.

The preferred variety of wine is well aged Chardonnay.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Jalanat
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jalanat » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:15 am

You'd get a bucket o' piss...with ice cubes.
My nation is not like my nation page at all, it contradicts itself, we don't EVER eat kangaroos, that's just very sad. Also vegetarianism is compulsory yet it still says it's the nation's favourite main course and all and stuff.

Catholic Cornwall
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Catholic Cornwall » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:23 am

The Albion Delight

A soft red wine ,of strawberry and vanilla , south-east facing , and chalky soil :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Most High Autarchy of Australis

Economic Left/Right: 1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.49

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printab ... 0&soc=7.49

Dungeyland
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dungeyland » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:24 am

The Smokaccino is Dungeyland's signature drink. It is a smoked cappuccino, and is a delicacy even here. It is very healthy, good for your heart and has been shown to prevent cancer.

Classical liberal.
  • My nation is called the Dangish Empire, officially
  • The population is circa 500 million
  • It is an imperial federation
  • The term Dungeyland while only technically referring to one colony can be used for the entire Empire (think Holland)
  • The Dangish Empire is a constitutional monarchy, our monarch is Queen Ellen I

Factbook/Q&A
Embassy Program
Sky Corporation
If I do not reply to a post within three days, excuse me, for I am very busy nowadays. I try to update every weekend at the least.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:26 am

The Satirian "Wait Three Hours" drink is absinthe laced with LSD. It has a licorice flavor, bluish tint, and is served by the pint.

As such drinks raise as many complications(driving while hallucinating) as it does pink witches, it cannot be taken home or bought at a store. When served in licensed bars, the user is given an electric wristband which tases them into unconsciousness should they try to leave before the two hours are up.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:26 am

You would most likely get a glass of Imperial Vinum, wine that is, the most likely drink you would receive when ordering an "Adrian Empire"; The Empire is famous for it's wine, specifically Red and Rose Wines, the most noted White Wine being the Argentius Silver Crown made from the ancient vineyards of the Imperial Family, of course, ordering that would put you on tab for several hundred thousand, so you would more likely receive a standard bottle of red wine, still probably made by the Argentius Wine Corporation.
That is of course assuming this tavern offers quality wine.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Dalandor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalandor » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:30 am

In Dalandor you'd be served:

3 Part Deep Winter Vodka (distilled with glacier run-off from the northern regions)
1 Part Rio Red Grapefruit Juice
1 Part Soda Water
1 and 2/34th's of an ice cube
"The black wind howls... one among you will shortly perish." -Janus (Kingdom of Zeal, Circa 12,000 B.C.

Sophisticism
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sophisticism » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:13 am

A Brainer.
It's a special type of coffee, grown in the southern parts of the nation. Fine marijuana, sugar and pepper (amount varies) are added, and the combination is boiled in water.
Once it is homogeneous and dark-brown, milk is added.
The drink is mixed for around 30 seconds, several blocks of ice are added (only in summer), and voilà! Enjoy your Brainer.

The chrisman union
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The chrisman union » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:14 am

The Chrisman Union's signature drink is Oralande, a carbonated mix of Orange, lemon, and grape juice.
Embassy
The Allied Nations of the Chrisman Union (ANCU)
Leader: President Christian Veldt
Armed forces: 900,000
Population: 340,000,000
Government type: Liberal Social Democracy
Shebu wrote: 9 out of 10 times when you have a Ak47 pointed at you, you pay attention.

North Defese wrote:If I had a nickle and the head of everyone who called me [Defense], I'd be rich, and thrown in prison for all the mutliated corpses strewn about my house.

Tunizcha wrote:Never get in a staring contest with a cat. Even if you win, you still lose, because you just spent 5 minutes staring at a cat.

Canadai wrote:In Canadai, the vertically impaired are treated as equal citizens, and given ladders by the government.

Niur wrote:Lets all just get brain transplants to shark bodies.
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:18 am

"Give me a Sungai Pusat, please."
Server preparing drink. He hands out the drink.
It is a[[le cum orange juice, which is mostly water recycled in Sungai Pusat.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Vault 10
Minister

Founded: Sep 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Vault 10 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:41 am

Rot Gut.

The base for Rot Gut is a very harsh bourbon-style whiskey, produced from mutated and radioactive crops, and held in barrels of special local wood. Few people can withstand the mouth-searing sensation and swallow it, although those who do get a truly rewarding feeling as the burning sensation disappears.

But it gets better. Due to the widespread chemical warfare in the local Civil War, the last generations of Vaultians have genetic modifications protecting them against some of the more common poisons, and allowing them to quickly detect others. Rot Gut is laced with carefully measured dosages of chemical weapons - just enough to activate the receptors and cause the glands to release stimulants and antidotes, but not enough to kill a Vaultian.

Not most times, at least.
There is a line most people say they will never cross. It is usually something they have done long ago when they thought no one was watching.

New Imperial England
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Imperial England » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:28 am

What else?

Notspecifiedistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Notspecifiedistan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:55 am

Lots of people around here like Turkish Coffee, a coffee beverage prepared by boiling finely powdered roast coffee beans in a pot, possibly with sugar, and serving it into a cup, where the dregs settle to the bottom. The name describes the method, not the raw material; there is no special Turkish variety of the coffee bean.

For those desiring alcohol, a strong single malt whisky is recommended. Most brands are currently imported because of the recent Islamic leadership's ban on alcohol and liquor, but the domestic market is recovering quickly.

Ramsetia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 am

ramset encountered in other nations have shown a trend of being fond of the 'Suicide Run'

A 1/4 shot of everclear,
1/4 shot of Ramset whiskey,
orange or lemon juice, depending on taste. (lemon is the original)
aromatic bitters.

The whiskey doesn't mix properly with the everclear or the juice, and thus creates a purple swirl through the shotglass. It has a similar effect to being brained by a fist-sized D6 made of the same resin they make bowling balls out of while someone yells 'Roll for initiative!' at you. It's often used as a 'wake up' drink for this reason.

Asking for a 'Ramsetia' on the other hand, will get you the purple papyrus whiskey, straight.

Within Ramsetia itself, it's more common for tourists to find taverns and pubs populated by ramset drinking a locally-produced stout due to their prevalence as a social place rather than somewhere to go to kill brain cells.
Last edited by Ramsetia on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our national Embassy Programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30197
Our Standard Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30375&start=0
Our FT-specific Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47987&start=0
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Dictatorial Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dictatorial Land » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:10 pm

a Democracy is the nation's signature drink. Surprisingly, the dictatorship didn't ban it when it took power, because they don't like anything with the word democracy in it.

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 pm

mead is normally considered the drink of Imeriata proper.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information