NATION

PASSWORD

The Cube (Q&A)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

The Cube (Q&A)

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat May 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Image


You find yourself in front of a cubical structure on an island floating in space. It doesn't matter how you got here - maybe you went through a specific mirror in your world, or maybe you got here by chance after entering through a random door. All you know is that you now stand before a bar that serves as a neutral meeting ground for beings from different dimensions and universes. You step inside and look around. A bartender wipes a glass as he welcomes you. At the far end of the room is a fish tank, with plants and animals you probably never seen before. Near it is a pianist wearing a blindfold over her eyes, the rest of her appearance depends on your preferences. She would nevertheless look beautiful.

One other patron is visible, seated and enjoying the calm of the atmosphere. You walk up to him/her and ask if you can sit with him/her. You begin to recognize him/her as a either a figure from Amenrian politics or someone that had to do with the empire otherwise.

  • Please be clear about who you're addressing your question(s) to.
  • Also be clear about who's doing the asking. If no name is provided, I'll asume it's your leader or you yourself, depending on the nature of the question.
  • The available characters may be a few amongst the most powerful being in NS multiverse, but this is a bar. Relax! Talk to them as you would any other person.
  • Some questions may not be answered because they're too sensitive and would cause the universe(s) to implode. Asking Cheonsa's real name is one of these questions.
  • Standard NS rules apply.
  • Roleplaying (describing your character's outift, mannerisms, etc) is encouraged, but not required.
  • Conflict and hostilities are accepted, but don't get physical unless you want the hidden eldritch abimination to pop up and drag you character to a fate worse than death. You wanna pick a fight? Send me a PM and we'll cook up a juicy plot.
  • Don't be shy, tell me who you want next as a character available to this thread. Advice and criticism is always welcome.


  • Cheonsa, Heavenly Emperor of Amenria, Patriarch of the Ramadhan Family
  • Camille/Miao Tianshu, former Matriarch of Miao Coven, a Ramadhan Family subsidiary
  • RMD, the man behind Amenria and its related universes (direct OOC questions to him)
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Sat May 18, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed May 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Up up and away!
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun May 26, 2019 6:01 am

Out of all the places and Q&As that I have been to, I must say, this must be the weirdest, and also the most fun! I am glad to be around these parts, hahaha!
Anyway, first question.. for the Emperor, is it? What kind of powers do you exactly have, and do you find yourself hitting a limit at points of time of your life?

Second question would be, does your people believe in destiny, or a Fate? Well, I am one.. non-canonically, but that's not the point of this question for now!
Do your people think of determined fates? Like, they feel that there is something bigger in hand that is controlling their lives somehow, like perhaps, a God?

Third question would be, what is the tallest person in your history, as well as the currently tallest person living and alive? This is just some curiosity for us!
We Valentians are a bit curious about that, not because we like to flex our heights, no no, but rather, it's just a topic of interest that we talk a lot about, hah!

- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Verlene Eveline Celinda Sammy Doris Wt. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Allison



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
The Valentine Z CV.
NationStates 1st Flag Bracket - 1st place!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! Add yours now!

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 38
Disappointing F7 Responses: 197

• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun May 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Cheonsa looks at the approaching Gwen, smiling at enthusiasm, and chuckling slightly. He welcomes her to sit with him. "Well to answer your questions, let's start with the first one. My powers, huh? So, this form you see right here? The one that looks like your average handsome guy? I can only use the powers I was born with in this one. Pyrokinesis. Fire punches, fireballs, flaming tigers, that kind of thing. Now, my second form, watch." Cheonsa stands up, and a small burst of light and darkness appeared from his back and formed a pair of feathery wings, one black and one white.

"In this form, I embody Yin and Yang. In case you're wondering, Yin is the is the black one and Yang is the white one. I can control light and darkness, visit the Realm of Ghosts, and detect souls by their Qi, among other things. There's also my third form, which I can't really show right now because it has to trigger under the right circumstances. I'm not even sure what I can do with that third form, or even if it's my final form, to be honest. I'm sorry about that. By limits, I assume you're talking about the limits to my powers, correct? Well, there are some times where I've been in a real pinch and can't change to third form. My powers come from God, but I ain't Him."

"Fate...that's a beautiful question. Yes, God has created Fate, and belief in it is the sixth pillar of faith in Islam. The exact extent of how much of life is predetermined and not is still subject of debate. A general rule of thumb is that a person's wealth, true love, and death is Fate. That's all I can say that's exact. If you're looking for opinions, then I'll share a bit of mine. Take murder for example. It's unnatural. Someone, somewhere, decided to kill you and end your life prematurely instead of let God do it in the way He would've wanted. You could be fated to die peacefully in sleep, but then this happened. This isn't an act of God because this is caused by a person, who has a mind and heart outside the control of Fate. Of course, I couldn't say that the non-Muslim Amenrians believe the same things, but that's my take on it."

"Tallest person in history...hmm..I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I know, actually. I've met a lot of tall people, some of them I've accepted as concubines, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the tallest. As for the tallest person alive, it's probably a mutant or something, given how weird my world is. I also know a guy who can turn into a forty-metre alien hero, but I guess he doesn't count because it's a temporary transformation."
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Tue May 28, 2019 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:46 am

Up
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:49 pm

Up
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
Saranidia
Minister
 
Posts: 3369
Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Saranidia » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:26 am

“How is law and order enforced in Am en ria, heavenly emperor ?”-
Gendarme Muhammad Pathan
Last edited by Saranidia on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Tianshi looks at the Gendarme and gestures for him to sit before him. "Take a seat, mate, this is going to be rather long and complicated."

"First off, I'll explain there are two types of crime back home - worldly and heavenly. The former, while still forbidden by God, is more about relations between sentients. Think vandalism, assault, and theft. The latter is more about relations between sentients and God or whatever the citizen worships. Blasphemy counts, so does drinking wine for Muslims or eating beef for Hindus."

"Now, the Imperial Armed Forces are in charge of investigating, preventing, and dealing with worldly crimes ever since I abolished the Imperial Police in 2043. Criminals they arrest go to worldly court, which is run by completely different as the heavenly court, which I'll exain next."

"Heavenly crimes are the Ministry of Religion's department. Since we can't enforce Shariah on non-Muslims, the Ministry has a branch for every religion in Amenria. The biggest branch, the "blue branch" is responsible for Muslims, while the saffron takes care of Hindus and the gold, Christians."

"Each branch of the Ministry has arrestors - interesting folks carrying swords instead of guns that run the day-to-day operations of heavenly law enforcement. A kind of religious police, if you would. After being detained by arrestors, the person arrested would be taken to heavenly court. Obviously, the court is run by different people according to their faith. After all, we can't possibly have a Muslim judge in a Hindu court now, can we?"

"I imagine you'd want to know about more details. Please, ask away."
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
Danceria
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10470
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:51 pm

The man who had entered here had walked a long and confusing road, and it was fitting that he came here. Though he may regard the occupants with varying degrees of cynicism and suspicion, he kept it behind a placid poker face.

Donned in a simple thawb, or his "business cultural" as he would remark to his contemporaries, he carried a mysterious business card exchanged from some Amenrian merchant or another that he had rubbed shoulders with. After adjusting himself, ensuring that this sudden transfer over to...here, and he carried his briefcase over to the table closest to the pianist, and placing a handful of złoties to the pianist. Those who played music well were highly valued in any country, though Danceria appreciated both the finer and more folksy of arts.

Eventually he would realize he was sitting next to Camille Tianshu herself. After a bit of stiff formal introductions, the two gradually exchanged small talk. Jobs, mild praises and ribbing of one's coworkers or cohorts, and the conversation eventually passed to their respective homelands, and the question of how easy would it be for one to find work in there.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
Saranidia
Minister
 
Posts: 3369
Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Saranidia » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:23 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Tianshi looks at the Gendarme and gestures for him to sit before him. "Take a seat, mate, this is going to be rather long and complicated."

"First off, I'll explain there are two types of crime back home - worldly and heavenly. The former, while still forbidden by God, is more about relations between sentients. Think vandalism, assault, and theft. The latter is more about relations between sentients and God or whatever the citizen worships. Blasphemy counts, so does drinking wine for Muslims or eating beef for Hindus."

"Now, the Imperial Armed Forces are in charge of investigating, preventing, and dealing with worldly crimes ever since I abolished the Imperial Police in 2043. Criminals they arrest go to worldly court, which is run by completely different as the heavenly court, which I'll exain next."

"Heavenly crimes are the Ministry of Religion's department. Since we can't enforce Shariah on non-Muslims, the Ministry has a branch for every religion in Amenria. The biggest branch, the "blue branch" is responsible for Muslims, while the saffron takes care of Hindus and the gold, Christians."

"Each branch of the Ministry has arrestors - interesting folks carrying swords instead of guns that run the day-to-day operations of heavenly law enforcement. A kind of religious police, if you would. After being detained by arrestors, the person arrested would be taken to heavenly court. Obviously, the court is run by different people according to their faith. After all, we can't possibly have a Muslim judge in a Hindu court now, can we?"

"I imagine you'd want to know about more details. Please, ask away."

“What kind of training do judges get, what about law enforcement training for soldiers and training for arresters?
Why did you abolish the police?”
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:00 am

Danceria wrote:The man who had entered here had walked a long and confusing road, and it was fitting that he came here. Though he may regard the occupants with varying degrees of cynicism and suspicion, he kept it behind a placid poker face.

Donned in a simple thawb, or his "business cultural" as he would remark to his contemporaries, he carried a mysterious business card exchanged from some Amenrian merchant or another that he had rubbed shoulders with. After adjusting himself, ensuring that this sudden transfer over to...here, and he carried his briefcase over to the table closest to the pianist, and placing a handful of złoties to the pianist. Those who played music well were highly valued in any country, though Danceria appreciated both the finer and more folksy of arts.

Eventually he would realize he was sitting next to Camille Tianshu herself. After a bit of stiff formal introductions, the two gradually exchanged small talk. Jobs, mild praises and ribbing of one's coworkers or cohorts, and the conversation eventually passed to their respective homelands, and the question of how easy would it be for one to find work in there.


The pianist turned her head to the new patron and nodded and smiled in gratitude, with both her hands still busy on the keys.. She did not say anything, as her voice or the language she spoke would unsettle the man at best and horrify him at worst.

One a chair sat the fabled "Vampire Queen", Miao Tianshu, also known as Camille. She sat cross-legged, looking at her phone while holding a suspiciously red liquid. Upon hearing footsteps getting closer to her, she looks up to the newest guest, who started schmoozing. She played along, up to the point he asked how easy it is to get a job in Amenria. She paused for a moment.

"First, you should learn the local languages. If you cannot speak Chinese, Korean or Indonesian, then maybe you'll have some difficulties. If you know any local languages, you need a degree from a good university. Here's a good rule of thumb: work in the city you earned your last degree. You might have problems if you apply for a job in a big city like Shanghai or Beijing with a degree from a small-name university in a smaller city."

She took a sip from her glass, waiting for his next response.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
Danceria
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10470
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:35 am

The man, having introduced himself as Suleiman Al-Salek, seemed to digest the information. He had expected as such, but despaired slightly at the prospect that his university degree was not prudent enough, being Dagestan was nowhere near geographically nor in terms of prestige required. The Amenrians were meritocratic, true, and demanded that their subjects be par excellence but...

Banishing those thoughts aside, he resolved himself. Even Alexander the Great had to learn to walk, his father would tell him, and though as he was he may not be fit to serve in the higher echelons of Amenrian society, this didn't mean he couldn't improve. Already so much had happened that caused his life to change...

"So the best course of action would be to attend a college large enough to host a foreigner to study the mores and language." he ventured hopefully. "But small enough to act as a springboard to greater heights?"

He seemed oddly unperturbed by the "Vampire Queen's" beverage, regardless of the implication of it's alcoholic or hematological contents. It seemed that in spite of not being someone of higher breeding or societal occupation that he had seen a great deal...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Minister
 
Posts: 3418
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:40 am

Saranidia wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Tianshi looks at the Gendarme and gestures for him to sit before him. "Take a seat, mate, this is going to be rather long and complicated."

"First off, I'll explain there are two types of crime back home - worldly and heavenly. The former, while still forbidden by God, is more about relations between sentients. Think vandalism, assault, and theft. The latter is more about relations between sentients and God or whatever the citizen worships. Blasphemy counts, so does drinking wine for Muslims or eating beef for Hindus."

"Now, the Imperial Armed Forces are in charge of investigating, preventing, and dealing with worldly crimes ever since I abolished the Imperial Police in 2043. Criminals they arrest go to worldly court, which is run by completely different as the heavenly court, which I'll exain next."

"Heavenly crimes are the Ministry of Religion's department. Since we can't enforce Shariah on non-Muslims, the Ministry has a branch for every religion in Amenria. The biggest branch, the "blue branch" is responsible for Muslims, while the saffron takes care of Hindus and the gold, Christians."

"Each branch of the Ministry has arrestors - interesting folks carrying swords instead of guns that run the day-to-day operations of heavenly law enforcement. A kind of religious police, if you would. After being detained by arrestors, the person arrested would be taken to heavenly court. Obviously, the court is run by different people according to their faith. After all, we can't possibly have a Muslim judge in a Hindu court now, can we?"

"I imagine you'd want to know about more details. Please, ask away."

“What kind of training do judges get, what about law enforcement training for soldiers and training for arresters?
Why did you abolish the police?”


"Alright, I'll adress your points one at a time, and each of them relates." Tianshi took a deep breath, then leaned forward. "Judges of both courts get similar training. They get familiarised to both human and divine laws, the difference is the ratio. Aside from this, they are also taught about ideologies, both ours and that of other nations, including fallen ones. I can't really explain further since that's outside my expertise, I'm sorry."

"On to the next question. Soldiers get investigation training, sensitivity training, and basic courses on sociology to help them serve their communities better. Arrestors' training focus more on their respective religions, as well as more focus on doctrine and the spirit of the law, instead of just on how to enforce it."

"As to why I abolished the Imperial Police, I'll start by saying 2042 and 2043 are regrettably the most unstable years of my reign. So unstable the government needed more riot police than usual most of the time. Since strike teams and military personnel have similar equipment and training, I thought it'd save money and effort to just have the military in charge of day-to-day law enforcement operations."
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)


Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
HIreland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 176
Founded: Jan 22, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby HIreland » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Bob found himself in the cube, a bartender is serving drinks, but Bob doesn't want anything to remind him of the country from which he has just come. That's odd, he can't remember how he got here. Suddenly curious as to how he escaped the drunken hell-hole of HIreland and arrived here, in what appears to be some extension of Amenria, he turned to face the man in the corner of his eye and was surprised to find himself face-to-face with the heavenly emperor. Before he could think of how one should address an emperor he found himself asking about about WWIII and Amenrian history.

What lead America to join the legions of hell? To venture a random guess, did they feel some sort of loyalty towards Iblis for gathering the soil of which they were made?

How did the counries of the Pan-Asiatic Alliance unite, despite being historical enemies, and how did they become Islamic?

Did the Coalition of Earth contain more than just the Pan-Asiatic Alliance?
Last edited by HIreland on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Joe Steele had but one liver to give for his country, and manfully kept up." — Joe Steele by Harry Turtledove
The brewery of the cell: Government funds project to gene-splice human and yeast mitochondria | Bright stage lights and high blood alcohol count revealed to be responsible for bartender general's spontaneous combustion | Ship runs ashore after crew suffocates in methane cloud produced by HIreland's sewage swamps | Drunken-most's teleprompter hacked, reads speech denouncing own lack of personal hygiene


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: German Fomee, Google [Bot], Immoren, Manokan Republic, Sevvania, Supoticenk

Advertisement

Remove ads