NATION

PASSWORD

How powerful is YN's military?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ashakad
Secretary

Founded: Jun 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashakad » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 pm

I: Quantity
Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 515,000
Total reserves/paramilitary: 820,000
Total number of citizens fit for service: ~1.6 Million
Number of tanks: 0
Number of armoured vehicles: 0
Number of ships: 173
Number of aircraft: 0
Defense spending % of GDP: 37%-45%
II: Quality
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 7.7
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 10
Tech Level: Medieval
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 6
.THE ASHAKADAN EMPIRE.
Ⲡⲏⲗⲏⲑⲩ Ⲁϣⲁⲭⲁϯⲛ

BuDa
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby BuDa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 pm

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 4,750,000
Total reserves/paramilitary: 13,000,000
Total number of citizens fit for service: 150,000,000
Number of tanks: 11,750
Number of armoured vehicles: 35,000
Number of ships: 90-100
Number of aircraft: 50,000
Defense spending % of GDP: 9%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 9
Tech Level: MT
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 4
THE CONFEDERACY OF BUDA
XVII Non spera quae placuerat
We partially use NS stats.

THE BUDA HERALD: COVID-19 update: 24,081 infected; 1,004 dead; 3,196 recovered

I have played this game for 3 years now, but I'm not active at most times.

The Sicilian State
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sicilian State » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 am

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 200,000
Total reserves/paramilitary: 68,000
Total number of citizens fit for service: 3,000,094
Number of tanks: 166
Number of armoured vehicles: 433
Number of ships: 72
Number of aircraft: 79
Defense spending % of GDP: %19.5
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 7.5
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 9
Tech Level: 7
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 6
Last edited by The Sicilian State on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libonesia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Libonesian Military Power

Postby Libonesia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:43 am

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 5,365,000
Total reserves/paramilitary: 30,655,000
Total number of citizens fit for service: 383,165,000
Number of tanks: 55,350
Number of armoured vehicles: 85,550
Number of ships: 2,165
Number of aircraft: 10,750
Defense spending % of GDP: 2.5%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 9.5
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 8.5
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 5
Last edited by Libonesia on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
ㄸㅊㄹㅂㅍ ㅎㅍㅃㅊ ㅌㅆㅃㄹㅂㅍㅈ
دولة الإسلامية الليبونسيا
Islamic State of Libonesia

Membership: UN, WTO, OIC, OECD, AMAN, IFTC, CFME, APEC, G50, ICDN, ECO

Rhyleth
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyleth » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 780,000
Total reserves/paramilitary: 1.5 Million
Total number of citizens fit for service: 108 Million
Number of tanks: 9,000
Number of armoured vehicles: 14,000
Number of ships: 367
Number of aircraft: 1,721
Defense spending % of GDP: 2.9
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 7
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 9
Tech Level: Modern

Coconut Palm Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Palm Island » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: About 5,000 soldiers (2,000 army, 2,000 navy, 1,000 air force)
Total reserves/paramilitary: A civilian militia, consisting of most able-bodied citizen, is about six-million strong. However, the militia is never deployed oversees and is purely an emergency force
Total number of citizens fit for service: About six or seven million
Number of tanks: 150
Number of armoured vehicles: 750
Number of ships: 20
Number of aircraft: 200
Defense spending % of GDP: 1.8%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): About 7 for professional soldiers, 5 for the militia (again, the militia is like a poorly organized National Guard)
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 10 for professionals, 3 for milita
Tech Level: High-- because we have few active soldiers, we rely on technology like drones to carry out the limited actions we do take
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 7 for professionals, 1 for militia (the militia literally hasn't fought a war, at least not in years. The militia exists just to protect from invasions and uprisings, and help neighbors in times of crisis.)
His Royal Majesty King Alexander
King of Coconut Palm Island
News: King, Senators back bipartisan climate change initiative. | Heat wave possibly responsible for four-hour power outage in the capital, Largo Beach. | Senator under investigation for allegedly taking bribes found to be innocent, all major parties agree. |

Nolo gap
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nolo gap » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Code: Select all
Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 1.2% of population
Total reserves/paramilitary: 97% of total population
Total number of citizens fit for service: 78.9% of population
Number of tanks: tanks of what? Tanks but no tanks. Number zero, zed, nada.
Number of armoured vehicles: matter of deffinician. Some emergency vehicles semi-armoured.
Number of ships: zero. We're totally land locked and a long way from any ocean or even major navagable waterway. Unless of course you're talking about space ships. Which are mostly cargo or exploratory craft and passenger transport.
Number of aircraft: very few aerodynes as space worthy and otherwise gravity modulated technologies have replaced them
Defense spending % of GDP: around 35 to 40, possibly a good deal less.
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): complacency of around two
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): everyone gets this in lower school while they're still young and curious
Tech Level: advanced enough to take ftl and anti-grav for granted as common features of everyday life
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): that would have to be a two too, because we did suffer one invasion, and won, or at least prevailed or at least we're still here, but I have to say our national animal, with its natural build psionic defense helped as much as anything we did intentionally to engauge in combat.

oh and in case it isn't obvious, military conflict is not a major focus of our interest in participating in the simulation of running a country.

The Piratini Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Piratini Republic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:56 am

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 25,000
Total reserves/paramilitary: 80,000
Total number of citizens fit for service: 2,415,816
Number of tanks: 319
Number of armoured vehicles: 672
Number of ships: 49
Number of aircraft: 210
Defense spending % of GDP: 10%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 7
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 6
Tech Level: Past Tech (1958)
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 7
Last edited by The Piratini Republic on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
República Rio-grandense
Overview | Politics | The President | World Map
Illiterate cowboys, nomadic ruffians, and feudal lords unite to secede from an Empire. What could go wrong?
Diário Nacional (July 2022): Military Police mobilized in Turkey following the death of the Caliph, widespread fears of a military coup. | League of Nations to vote on the admission of the Central African Empire. | Riograndense Legislative Assembly opens debates on the issue of Euthanasia.

Arthropol
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthropol » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:14 pm

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: Around 1 000 000 personnel, 400 000 conscripts and 600 000 professional
Total reserves/paramilitary: Around 200 000
Total number of citizens fit for service: Around 40 000 000
Number of tanks: 420
Number of armoured vehicles: Don't have exact number, at least 1000
Number of ships: At least 150
Number of aircraft: 1541 Air Force, 300 Navy
Defense spending % of GDP: ~2.5%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 3-6 for conscripts, 7-10 for professionals usually
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 3 for conscripts, 7-10 for everyone else
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 2, Arthropol is officially neutral since 1958 and has not seen armed conflict since 1954 except minor skirmishes
Last edited by Arthropol on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kingdom of Arthropol - Royaume d'Arthropol
———————————————————————————
Capital: Arthropol City
Language: French
Population: 72 million
Economic: centre-left
Social: moderate
Nationality: Australian
Sex: Male
Economic: fairly left-wing
Social: moderately authoritarian
Not really active on NS forums anymore, still posts once in a while on F&NI and F7. IC views do not represent my real political views. NS stats not used.

Americae Roma
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Americae Roma » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:56 am

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 1.8 million active
Total reserves/paramilitary: 900,000 reserve
Total number of citizens fit for service: 180,000,000
Number of tanks: 18,500 active, (6,500 in storage)
Number of armoured vehicles: 40,000 (15,000 in storage)
Number of ships: 500 total ships ( combat and support)
Number of aircraft: 24,500 total aircraft
Defense spending % of GDP: 8.5%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 8.5
Tech Level: MT with minor PMT ( 2020s-2030s)
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 8.3

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:12 am

Zhouranese People's Army in 2030

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 4,930,500 active personnel
Total reserves/paramilitary: 10,185,500 reserve personnel, backed by 14,716,810 soldiers from the National Patriotic Guards
Total number of citizens fit for service: 50 million
Number of tanks: Beyond fifty-thousand
Number of armoured vehicles: Within the hundred-thousand if accounting for APCs and IFVs only
Number of ships: Within the thousands
Number of aircraft: Around a hundred-thousand
Defense spending % of GDP: 4.8%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 10/10
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 9-10/10 (active personnel); 8-9/10 (reserve personnel)
Tech Level: NS-MT to PMT
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 10/10

The Zhouranese People's Army utilizes a vast array of highly-sophisticated military equipment designed to keep the military successful against competitors in the global arms race. The Scientific Military Research Bureau, an advanced military research agency subordinate to the People's Defense Council, is responsible for the research and development of new technologies for military use, as well as forming and executing research and development projects to expand the frontiers of technology and science and able to reach far beyond immediate military requirements. The People's Republic of Zhouran spends around US$2,742,624,000,000 annually to fund the Zhouranese People's Army. Thanks to its advanced and sophisticated equipment, as well as its massive blue-water navy and significant aviation capability, Zhouran has significant force projection capabilities. This element is very crucial to the nation's power, diplomatic credibility and national interests.

Military service is extremely popular in Zhouran. Technically, military service with the Zhouranese People's Army is obligatory for all Zhouranese citizens. However, in practice, it is entirely voluntary; due to the popularity of military service and the large number of individuals who volunteer to join. Any males and females of 18-22 years of age can register themselves with the government authorities. Conscription has only existed in theory since the establishment of the People's Republic of Zhouran in 1956. Technically, those who have registered themselves enter selective compulsory military service, with a 36-month service obligation. Military service is performed in the regular armed forces. Due to the extreme popularity of military service, it is difficult to join the military. Each year, an average of around 16 - 20 million people would sign up to join the ZPA, but only around a few million would successfully join.

From May 14, 1947 to September 8, 1956, the Zhouranese Civil War brought an era of division and stagnation within Zhouranese civilization, but in just ten years, Zhouran went from an industrial-power-turned-warzone into a reconstructed-industrial-power. Since the late stage of the Cold War, Zhouran is a political, economic and military superpower with the ZPA being one of the "Three Pillars of Zhouranese Power". While the nation's global diplomacy and massive prosperous economy represent the soft-power section, the ZPA represents the hard-power section of Zhouranese Power.

By the end of the 1970s, not only did Zhouran became a highly-developed wealthy nation with a GDP per capita (PPP) and human-development-index higher than countries such as the US, but it also became an economic powerhouse since by the end of that decade Zhouran already had the world's second-largest economy. As for defense spending, Zhouran's military expenditure rapidly grew along with the national GDP, by the start of the 1990s Zhouran had the world's largest defense budget, and while the US budget did grow following 9/11, Zhouran retook the spot of first place throughout much of the 2010s. Not only that, since the 1960s, Zhouran's reconstruction of its industries led to the rebirth of its military-industrial-complex, which ever since the 1980s became the world's largest in terms of total production of weapons and munitions. Not only did Zhouran's MIC outproduced America's, but since the 1970s and 80s, the country challenged the US in both military industrial production and military digital technology.

In the late 1970s, the Zhouranese People's Army Air Force became the first in the world to operationally use fully-commissioned fighter jets equipped with passive electronically scanned array (PESA) radars, giving PESA radar-equipped fighter jets such as the Jian-20-1-0 and Jian-19-0-1 an advantage over rival fighter jets equipped with standard pulse-Doppler radars such as the US Navy's F-14A Tomcat and the US Air Force's F-15 Eagle. Not only that, since the mid-1980s, the ZPA Air Force was the first in the world to operate fully-commissioned fighter jets equipped with thrust vectoring engine nozzles, giving supermaneuverable fighter jets such as the Jian-21-2 and Jian-18-2-0 a dogfight advantage over rivals.

Within the areas of naval warfare, Zhouran began producing heavily-armed guided-missile destroyers since the 1960s and 70s, and by the 1970s the ZPA Navy operated DDGs such as the Type 1965 Douzheng-class and Type 1968 Taifeng-class, which rivaled destroyers from the US at the time such as the Charles F. Adams-class, Spruance-class, and Kidd-class. The 1970s also saw the birth of Zhouran's nuclear navy, resulting in vessels such as the Type 1971 Shenlun-class SSN and Type 1976 Xinshi-class CVN.

Conventional warfare is not just an area Zhouran outpaced the former USSR and challenges the US in, but in the realm of nuclear warfare, the Colossal War-Fighter (referring to the combined military, paramilitary, and industrial strength the People's Republic uses in the geopolitical arena that takes the form of a heavy-niujiazhu warrior wearing an ayanluluoheli plate armor) uses his assault ayanjiamujuela (a type of Zhouranese ayanjiuamujuela or two-handed sword) as his trump card. From the mid 60s to the mid 90s, in the span of three decades, Zhouran conducted numerous Military Nuclear Research Exploration Projects (a buzzword of ambiguous nature), not to mention that the country produces highly-powerful ICBMs ranging from the early Xing Jian-1 silo-launched ICBM of the 1960s, to the high-MIRV-capable Taiyang Jian-3 heavy ICBM to the road-mobile MIRV-capable Yue Jian-5 road-mobile ICBM and so on. Currently Zhouran has an estimate of up to 1,640 active nuclear warheads out of a total of 6,380 nuclear warheads, the third largest in the world, its ICBM stockpile has enough range and MIRV capability to deliver apocalyptic firepower to basically most corners of the world. Since the late 70s, Zhouran maintains a first-use policy on the usage of both strategic and tactical nuclear weapons.

Within the Zhouranese People's Army, the average Zhouranese soldier and officer serves multiple years of numerous tours of duty abroad in other countries, fighting in various terrains ranging from forests to urban to jungles to deserts. As a result, the average Zhouranese soldier and officer has the battle experiences and know-hows, and for commissioned officers this is backed by five years of highly-rigorous highly-competitive technical-oriented military education in Zhouran's various military academies. Highly-experienced and battle-hardened, the ZPA conducts various military expeditionary operations abroad and overseas military-operations-other-than-war (MOOTW) every year. The ZPA's numerous assortment of powerful highly-advanced weapons and cutting-edge technology along with its highly-significant capabilities in both defense and power projection due to a large military budget as well as constant overseas deployment of troops has resulted in a large well-armed battle-experienced military force fully-capable of widespread deployment of force and firepower around the world. This is further supported by the nation's highly-robust R&D, rigorously-methodical military training, and meticulously-complex military education. Thanks to its massive pool of battle-hardened highly-experienced soldiers and officers, the ZPA has a very long history of sending military advisers and instructors abroad to assist foreign militaries.

In order for Zhouranese officer cadets to become commissioned officers, they must undergo five years of intense study through highly-rigorous highly-competitive technical-oriented military education in Zhouran's various military academies. During their time at a military academy, officer cadets go through rigorously-methodical learning on the areas of military organization, military theories, military history, tactics, strategy and grand strategy, operational level of war, logistics, armaments and other areas relating to war. Through the meticulously-complex Zhouranese military education system, officer cadets who graduate and become commissioned officers receive education comparable to that of a Specialist degree (above Masters' but below Doctorate in the Zhouranese academic degree system), in comparison, foreign military academies of other nations commonly award their cadets with a Bachelors' degree. Once a Zhouranese officer cadet becomes a commissioned officer, they are quickly assigned to their first tour of duty in order to build up on their experience in the field.

Numerically large and technologically advanced, the Zhouranese People's Army is highly-experienced and battle-hardened, conducting various military expeditionary operations abroad and overseas military-operations-other-than-war (MOOTW) every year. The ZPA's numerous assortment of powerful highly-advanced weapons and cutting-edge technology along with its highly-significant capabilities in both defense and power projection due to a large military budget as well as constant overseas deployment of troops has resulted in a large well-armed battle-experienced military force fully-capable of widespread deployment of force and firepower around the world.

The Zhouranese People's Army maintains massive arsenal of state-of-the-art weaponry, with Zhouranese weapons and equipment having been designed to be modular due to strong Zhouranese emphasis on adaptability and flexibility for fluid situations. The Zhouranese are aware that in order for soldiers to be in their peak performance, they must have access to the best arsenal possible since weaker weapons can bring down the potential performances of troops in the field.

Utilizing numerous 100% indigenous made-in-Zhouran weaponry, the Zhouranese People's Army maintains a vast array of highly-sophisticated military equipment designed to keep the military successful against competitors in the global arms race, which is further supported by the nation's highly-robust R&D and massive military-industrial-complex. In terms of the hyper-advanced equipment used by the Ground Force, examples include the Type 04-08 MBT with its state-of-the-art electronics and protection, the Type 07 advanced MBT with its next-generation armor and powerful 140mm ETC gun, the Type 1996 Tactical Infantry Armored Suit (gen. 1; un-powered) for greater infantry protection, the Type 2012 Tactical Infantry Armored Suit (gen. 2; powered-exoskeleton) for both enhanced protection and physical assistance in speed and strength, and the elusive Type 1000 Tactical Combat Mechanical Armored Suit (hyper-sophisticated powered-exoskeleton known for its usage of metamaterial nanofiber mechanical-muscle and providing the wearer with biological enhancements for superhuman feats). There's much more advanced weaponry and equipment used by the Ground Force, but there are too much to list.

With Air Force and Naval Aviation, they operate a wide range of advanced combat aircraft, the main stars being the fighter jets themselves. The ZPA Air Force and ZPA Naval Aviation both operate the most advanced fighter jets in the world as well as the largest fleet of combat aircraft in total. In the late 1970s, the Zhouranese People's Army Air Force became the first in the world to operationally use fully-commissioned fighter jets equipped with passive electronically scanned array (PESA) radars, giving PESA radar-equipped fighter jets such as the Jian-20-1-0 and Jian-19-0-1 an advantage over rival fighter jets equipped with standard pulse-Doppler radars such as the US Navy's F-14A Tomcat and the US Air Force's F-15 Eagle. Not only that, since the mid-1980s, the ZPA Air Force was the first in the world to operate fully-commissioned fighter jets equipped with thrust vectoring engine nozzles, giving supermaneuverable fighter jets such as the Jian-21-2 and Jian-18-2-0 a dogfight advantage over rivals. The Zhouranese currently operate a wide array of various highly-sophisticated fighter jet designs including the Jian-25-1-2 gen. 4++ fighter jet, Type 114-900 gen. 4++ carrier-borne fighter jet, Jian-24-3-0 gen. 4+++ fighter jet, Type 116-200 gen. 5+ carrier-borne stealth fighter, Jian-30-1-0 gen. 5++ stealth fighter, and Jian-31-0 gen. 6+ stealth fighter, all designed for maximum full-spectrum total air-dominance over friendly and hostile skies. The effectiveness of both Zhouranese fighter pilots and fighter jets is so high that there are actually debates regarding maximizing the effectiveness of Zhouranese fighter pilots. The controversial close-knit group known as the Boys in Blue (Putonghua: 蓝衣人), consisting of military officers from the ZPA Air Force and ZPA Naval Aviation along with civilian defense analysts and military researchers, use past and present combat experiences of various Zhouranese fighter pilots for their arguments in favor of retiring all light fighters and dedicated CAS aircraft in exchange for more heavy multirole fighter jets, although not everyone shares their radical sentiments.

Moving to the Navy, they're known for operating a wide variety of powerful warships, with strongest emphasis placed on guided-missile destroyers and nuclear-powered submarines. Examples include the Type 2001 Heilaohu-class DDG, Type 2004 Laixinsun-class DDGN, Type 2008 Chengun-class SSN and Type 1188 class of SSN. The ZPA Navy is a nuclear navy that focuses strongly on expeditionary warfare and sheer firepower to decimate any enemy fleets it encounters.

Gwrachbyd
Envoy

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gwrachbyd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 am

the armed forces of gwrachbyd generally do not involve themselves in other's wars (though we do make exceptions in cases of unjust aggression) but without knowing your situation we can not join you on the battlefield

we also note that military strength is not a quantitative value. just because a nation has 100s of tanks does not mean that those tanks are effective in the modern battlefield. the same can be said of aircraft and other weapons of war.

that said we are more than happy to offer trade deals with your nation for access to export variants of our weapons. (and some of our venerable equipment that is currently in the process of being phased out) (PMT level)
though we can not provide any guarantee of exclusivity.

if interested send us a telegram and we can provide you with a list of weapons and equipment that we can offer you. including part output of our current run on tanks (if you wish to mount your own weapon systems we can provide them faster and cheaper)

we currently have a large surplus of infantry combat armour, infantry weapons including small arms, anti armour weapon systems, and precision rifles that are in the process of being phased out.

tankettes armed with ATGMs, mortars, SAMs and autocannons.

BF-1 endo-exo atmospheric attack jet, (current production model, we can offer them at reduced rates if you wish to load them with your own weapon systems)

we can also provide you with weapon systems custom made for your own vehicles (provide a list of vehicles and we can provide you with weapon options)
Last edited by Gwrachbyd on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 am

Gwrachbyd wrote:we also note that military strength is not a quantitative value. just because a nation has 100s of tanks does not mean that those tanks are effective in the modern battlefield. the same can be said of aircraft and other weapons of war.

Quality & quantity aren't binary dichotomies. If that's the case then the Swiss military or the New Zealand military should be superior to any larger military such as the Chinese military, US military, etc. But in reality warfare doesn't work like video games and numerous factors come into play regarding the quality of a military ranging from resources to industrial base to R&D to training & education, etc.

Greater Cosmicium
Envoy

Founded: Mar 29, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Cosmicium » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:14 am

Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 2.75x1032 (275 nonillion)
Total reserves/paramilitary: 4x1034 (40 decillion)
Total number of citizens fit for service: 3.5x1035 (350 decillion)
Number of tanks: 1x1031 (10 nonillion)
Number of armoured vehicles: 3x1032 (300 nonillion)
Number of ships: 2x1029 (200 octillion)
Number of aircraft: 1.2x1032 (120 nonillion)
Defense spending % of GDP: 25% of GDP (6x1038 IC) and ever increasing
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 5
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 4
Tech Level: FFT
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 10, come on, we fought a war with our main enemy for a million years!
Last edited by Greater Cosmicium on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
✯✯✯ UNIVERSAL EMPIRE OF GREATER COSMICIUM ✯✯✯
Military Hub
Geography Hub
History Hub
Economy Hub

2023 update: Not dead yet, maybe I'm gonna retcon all of Cosmicium's lore someday
NS stats were dropped into Diet Coke to finally serve a useful purpose for Greater Cosmicium.
14/01/1072920 | Cosmi-Web News: [SCI] Consumption of artificial fish results in massive gastrointestinal expulsion | Cosmician Press Agency: Planet Toys-R-Us attacked by styrofoam bullet, planet shattered

Absolutly Terrible
Secretary

Founded: Oct 01, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Absolutly Terrible » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:36 am

I:Quantity
Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 176 Million
Total reserves/paramilitary:1.3 Billion
Total number of citizens fit for service:3.1 Billion
Number of tanks: 10.87 Million
Number of armoured vehicles: 48.2 Million
Number of ships: 13,500 (1,120 Capital)
Number of aircraft: 163,750 in orbit there are 13 spacecraft each carrying a nuclear arsenal containing 18000 warheads
Defense spending % of GDP: 51.6%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 9.5
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 7
Tech Level: Modern/Post-Modern
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 10
Absolutly Terrible is a military dictatorship that seeks to eradicate all borders and achieve global communism.
A top 50 for Arms Manufacturing and proud of it
Assume NS stats are cannon unless otherwise noted
Somewhat vague military stats

Oskenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Oskenia » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:02 pm

The Oskenian military since the nations' creation in 1772 has been a battle-hardened, combat-ready, strategic military force. The active military personnel of over 745 thousand active-duty servicemen is capable and willing to defend Oskenain interests around the globe.
The sitting dictator of Oskenia, Paul Shaefer, was a Colonel in the Oskenian Air Force and served in the Bosnian War, Kosovo War, Invasion of Iraq, Operation Enduring Freedom in Africa, and other various combat zones before being appointed.
Total active manpower in regular armed forces: 745,000
Total reserves/paramilitary: 55,000
Total number of citizens fit for service: 14 million
Number of tanks: 86 Main Battle Tanks, 140 IFVs, various other armor.
Number of armoured vehicles: 250 "LAV-30s" in various configurations. Pictures below of two examples:
Oskenian LAV-30 "Sultan" Light Armored Vehicle
Oskenain "Scythe" Mine-clearing vehicle

Number of ships: 370 active combat vessels, with hundreds more support ships
Number of aircraft: counting UAVs and non-combat aircraft, over 530 aircraft as of 2020
Defense spending % of GDP: 15.1%
Morale on a scale of 1 ("I didn't sign up for this shit!") to 10 (Fanatical nationalists): 9.2
Training quality from 1 (Special needs forces) to 10 (Professional): 8.6
Tech Level: Modern/Pre-Modern
Battle-tested from 1 (never fought a war before) to 10 ('I live on the battlefield"): 10
Last edited by Oskenia on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‎ Republic‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ of ‎ ‎‎ Oskenia ‎
"Rafo nustro mödio y belvakier Oskenia!"
A modern, progressive Mediterranean island-nation rooted deep in Nordic and regional history. A socially liberal, religiously conservative republic with expansive traditions and history.
Master of None, Friend of All.
Civil worldbuilder | Realism-maxxer | Supporter of effort-posting | Eternally stuck in WIP hell

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information