NATION

PASSWORD

SVBU-4816: Samada [FT|Setting Factbook|Closed]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Rhukhor Havakhund
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

SVBU-4816: Samada [FT|Setting Factbook|Closed]

Postby Rhukhor Havakhund » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Welcome to the Anchorage. I'm sure many of you are interested in why you've been invited here, and I wouldn't blame you. It's not often one receives an invitation to visit an unremarkable system on the far-flung fringe of the Beta Quadrant, told to expect the "opportunity of a generation," and to not immediately dismiss it as a timeshare scam, no doubt. [Muted laughter] We wouldn't do that to you, of course. ...That's next week. [Laughter]

Regardless: by "we," of course, I mean Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries. My name is Octaros Bamani, Chief Financial Officer and Project Liaison for SAMADA. [Hushed whispers] ...As most of you are well aware, for the past sixty years, Draeva-Ishaik has been a lead proprietor of novel terraforming and planetary geo-engineering technologies; what I plan to discuss with you fine gentlemen— [Few, muted laughs] And ladies! Pardon me, pardon me... What I plan to discuss with you fine ladies and gentlemen this morning is, in fact, the opportunity not of a lifetime, but of a generation. No, I swear to you, this is not some scam; this is, truly, the future not merely for this station, but for this system, and for terraforming operations across the Galaxy.

Before I continue, let me preface this: Draeva-Ishaik has been breaking barriers since her founding over sixty years ago. We pride ourselves not merely on our terraforming ventures, but on all of our endeavors - from the lowliest docking collar on the airlocks of this station, to the tiles beneath your feet, to the projectors buried in these very walls. [Hushed whispers as holographic projectors initialize] That said, terraforming truly is our bread-and-butter; what we hope to involve you all in, ladies and gentlemen, is everything else. ...To that end, I have been assured each of you have appropriately signed confidentiality agreements upon receipt of your invitations; therefor, without further adieu, let us begin.

Project SAMADA, initiated five years ago by Draeva-Ishaik and her subsidiaries, marks the single most important terraforming project in our history. Not because we are terraforming a planet, quite clearly, but because of what we intend to become of that planet, its system, and, most importantly, the speed at which we intend to accomplish it. For the past twelve years, we have endeavored to accelerate our terraforming and geo-engineering procedures to break the centennial cap that has nigh-forever hampered the industry from truly growing into her own. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to say that Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries has accomplished this feat - and not by mere technicality, but by twenty years. If you doubt me, please, stand, and look below. [Shuffling feet, chairs]

What you see here, now, both below and about, thanks to our projection system, is a city, yes. Potentially your city, in fact. It should be cresting right about now... [Several hushed gasps] This city sits below on the apparently desolate, desert world that we have come to call "Samada" internally. It is the first of her kind. A proverbial urban paradise on a beautiful, aquamarine sea - a sea that, five years ago, didn't exist. Yes, you heard correctly: the verdant parks, the luxurious high-rises, and - yes - even the sea itself, did not exist five years ago. Now? Now we have a fully terraformed metropolis on the surface of a world that, a decade ago, would have broiled you living.

[Muted question] Yes, I'm glad you asked this. "How?" you say? Draeva-Ishaik, through proprietary technologies, has cut the centennial cap by twenty years and, in the process, revolutionized terraforming entirely. In five years time, through the application of our system and manual assistance, we have created the largest sea currently on Samada, developed a metropolis, and raised the localized Messier Habitability Index of that metropolis to 7.9. Yes. Seven-point-nine. Ladies and gentlemen, you or I could walk the streets of this urban landscape without so much as an oxygen concentrator. And in forty years? In forty years, the global Messier Habitability Index of Samada will reach 5.1; in forty years time, most humans could inhabit virtually any parcel of land on the planet below without trouble or the need for expensive exo-atmospheric equipment or costly hazardous environ colonial modules. In sixty? A global "M-H-I" of 7.5. Seven-point-five. That, last I heard, is higher than Terra herself. [Raucous laughter]

This, my friends, is the future Draeva-Ishaik desires... We wish to see Samada flourish, and in as little as ten years, be host to numerous, burgeoning metropoli catering to the idyllic dreams of our - of your - clientele. We see a future without the hustle-and-bustle of over-clogged highways, urban hellscapes rife with crime and vagrancy, and of a verdant world ruined by industrial processes; no, we see a future where the select - the pristine and the prime - may live in luxury on a world catered to their very desires and whims. A world where crime is abolished, where poverty is non-existent, where luxury is, in fact, no longer a luxury. [Footsteps and chairs as seats are retaken] We see a future where, with your partnership, we can make a paradise, not of dreams and ideals, but of hard, material facts; a paradise wrought from a landscape of dust and a blaring pair of stars that, alone, would have prohibited such. On this world, on Samada, we see our dreams - my dreams, your dreams, the dreams of every investor, and their families, who sits here this day.

Alas, we cannot bring these dreams to fruition alone. We need you - your help, your brilliance, your contributions to turn this fantastical vision into a reality. We seek you, here and now, in partnership with Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries, to make of a paradisaical fiction, fact. We seek to create a history where the forefathers of creation are our own - Draeva-Ishaik, Kruger, Tydaal, Yhnom, and others - and are writ in the very fabric of this new Eden.

Ladies and gentlemen, we do not seek to make a heaven on Earth, or even a heaven-of-Earth. No, we seek Heaven herself, and with your help, we will have her.
— Octaros Bamani; Lost Archives, Investor Pitch, Transcription; Circa 19.7000 GSY

And then the shit hit the fan. Despite all of our blustering - or, perhaps, in spite of it - it failed; even if our blustering was justified, in the end, it ultimately didn't matter. We got countless partners - more names than I can even remember - and for the better part of seven years, everything was all right. Yes, I took the kickbacks; we all did. That's just how business was done then, and it's how it is done now, too. The myriad of indictments didn't change that - not one lick. Everyone does it; everyone did it; everyone continues to do it. Regardless, even that, too, didn't matter.

We got our first inclinations of trouble in 19.7500 GSY. That's when the strikes started. Sure, we'd had a couple; a few of the [terraforming spire] crews had unionized. By then, at least thirty percent of their workforce was automated, either by Kruger Armatures or Jehei Technologies - though Kruger ultimately did a better job. Jehei never could quite get the hang of that gig; their androids still give me fucking nightmares. Even so, we thought it was localized. Then when we took the first dip in '76, we knew there was something up. Our stocks fell by at least seven percent in every major index in the [Beta Quadrant] and by five, at least, in the others. Even then, we still thought it was just an issue with us; it wasn't a new problem. It happened before, and we'd always leveled back out in a quarter or two. This wasn't that. It took us until the end of 19.7600 to realize that, however.

By then, a few of us at the top saw the writing on the wall. The higher-level partners all had the same reaction: start dumping. Liquidate what we could, and leave the rest to float. A few of us even made a pretty penny off that run, but when my office started making predictions, and our partners' analogs started to do the same, we all started to sweat. It wasn't just us - either Draeva-Ishaik or even Project SAMADA. The whole fucking quadrant was circling the drain, and none of us could figure out why or where it would strike next.

Some said - some still say - it was inevitable. That we were living too high off the fat, yet running too lean, for the machine to keep chugging along. Bullshit. We'd run that system for decades; sure, we'd had a few hiccups, but nothing we couldn't correct for in the long run. A few said it was due to the pirates along the Fringe; Sigyrus was among them, but, well, Sigyrus went "bankrupt" a bit before the rest of us. To say they were "biased" would be a laughable understatement. The media said it was the kickbacks, the bribes, and the intra-politicking; maybe, but I sincerely doubt that was all that was at play. It certainly wasn't enough to bring the economy of a quadrant grinding to a halt, collapse a few nations in on themselves, and return reclaimed systems to the abyss. Yet, even this, too, doesn't matter.

In 19.7700 GSY, when the wheel stopped spinning, I was left holding the bag. Kruger, Tydaal, even Draeva pointed the finger at me, and that was it. Twenty-seven indictments on insider trading, felonious incentives, tax evasion, investment fraud, and a handful of charges of negligent homicide - albeit I managed to slip out from under those. That was the end for the big dog - and by that, I don't mean me. Draeva-Ishaik had tried to paint me the patsy, but that wasn't enough; the whole damn ship came down with me and countless others. Those higher-up on the food chain ordered assets to be left to rot; a few folks got pulled out - relatives, friends of those "in-the-know" - but Project SAMADA got abandoned - along with a dozen or more projects along the Betan Fringe. Who knows how many properties we dropped derelict across the Galaxy; I don't think even I can count that high.

If anything, that's the one thing I legitimately feel guilty over: what we did to those still on Samada. See, when it was ordered derelict, most of us presumed we were going to empty the planet, and just leave all the properties to rot. For years Samada had run with an under-staffed transport contingent, and we knew as much. It was how we managed to keep the place a secret, even from those who came for our necks in the end. I thought we'd pull them out, pay them off, and be done with it; then I realized there was nothing to pay them off with at all. The slush funds had been drained; I still, to this day, don't know by whom, but they were gone. So, what did we do? We pulled a few high-priority assets out, raised the elevator, turned [the Anchorage] offline, and left them all to scratch out an existence on their own - which is a less-than-adequate euphemism for "left them all to die."

Spare they didn't.

You couldn't survive in this business without making a few friends. Apparently, the Anchorage didn't just "go offline." No. Some stayed. Some kept it working. At least, in part. Apparently the thing has become an abomination of ships and stations, tacked together like a patchwork quilt of metal and desperation, but it's still there. So is the planet, albeit with failing terraforming spires; a few of the automated ones might still be working - the Kruger ones, anyway. Apparently the natives did scratch out an existence, albeit a terribly brutal one. I don't pity those who managed to live out there, not now, at least; they're a harder bunch than I could ever have been. Supposedly, though, everything is under "new management" - or a few. Not sure how that has worked out, and I try and not think about it too hard all too often. Those sort of thoughts are liable to lead a man to drink, and I do that enough as it is.

But even that doesn't matter now, either. At least not to me. I've had my fill. I kept my mouth shut, even though every bone in my body said to scream to the rooftops. We all did; we all kept quiet, that is. I'm sure there are still a few records about the place, somewhere in an archive that didn't get scrubbed or outright spaced. But for us? Not a word. I got the blame, and I kept my mouth shut. That kept my daughter in college, and me from the bread line. That wasn't enough, not by a long shot, but it at least was. The alternative - telling them, squealing? That would have been the end, not just for me, but for my family and every living soul I knew. That's why, in the end, out there somewhere, a memory keeps on chugging along, churning in the dark. It wasn't what we wanted - wasn't what I wanted - but it, too, at least is.

That'll have to be enough, because if it isn't, I don't know how I could justify still breathing.
— Octaros Bamani; Private Memoirs; Circa 20.0010 GSY
Last edited by Rhukhor Havakhund on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhukhor Havakhund
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhukhor Havakhund » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Having previously been teased, SVBU-4816: Samada (hereafter simply "Samada") represents a different approach and methodology for the creation of a collaborative setting thread. Inspired by such projects as the Liu Xiu Special Economic Zone and the now effectively defunct (or "lore-locked") "Losieda project," Samada seeks to place emphasis upon a collaborative, living, and evolving setting and environment, complete with internal, competing interests, an ever-expanding lore, and concurrent involvement in roleplaying threads and other creative projects in the broad NationStates Future Technology community. For that reason, and acknowledging the success of its spiritual wellspring, involvement, presentation, and exploration of Samada required certain changes to the tried-and-true "setting thread" process.

As a setting, Samada represents the failure of a number of corporate interests to establish a paradisaical "New Eden" on the fringes of the Beta Quadrant - a failure brought about by a combination of internal discord, external interference, and the woefully-timed Great Betan Collapse. In time, the abandoned derelicts of this by-gone age have served as reefs to collect the criminal, surly, and otherwise uncivilized flotsam of the Galaxy. In the present, the Isere System - home to Samada and its eponymous Anchorage - has become something of a "criminal Atlantis": a myth spun by free settlers and novice smugglers across the stars, each speaking of an underworld haven for their ilk, far beyond the well-trod tradelanes and buried deep within wildspace. As far as most are concerned, that is precisely all it is: a myth. A few, however, know the truth; even fewer still are willing to part with its precise location, duress be damned.

In this thread, invited contributors will explore various aspects of Samada, its past, its present, and its future. Be it inter-faction warfare in the Kehresei Belt, illegal iseridium operations amidst Aehira's moons, or a deep-cover operative trying to wrangle actionable intelligence from an ever-uncooperative native population, this thread will serve as Samada's proverbial informational hub: a setting thread factbook. Samada's dossiers, as well as these initial posts, will contain all pertinent information required to construct and further grow the Isere System, its planetary bodies, its factions and organizations, its history, and its innumerable locales.

Unlike previous setting threads, however, involvement in Samada is not predicated on a simple application. Due to the interwoven backgrounds of the setting, how this meshes beyond with prevailing community trends, and historical inter-linking with other states and entities in the NSFT community, involvement in Samada is predicated on interest and quality worldbuilding potential. Any player is free to make allusions to Samada (as context permits, with some restrictions), of course, but direct involvement with its ongoing construction requires players not merely to show interest, but to demonstrate meritorious contribution potential through discussions with its current contributors, involvement in their threads or creations which involve Samada, a strong support of positive player ethics, and an exceptionally founded willingness to collaborate and compromise for the benefit of the whole.

The easiest way for interested players to become involved in Samada, therefor, is to become involved in roleplays operated by authorized contributors set within the Isere System and to involve themselves in worldbuilding discussions relating to Samada on the NSFT Discord.

With that, please enjoy this factbook and all media related to SVBU-4816: Samada!

Understanding that, like its spiritual predecessor, Samada's structure and details are likely to illicit various questions about involvement, context, history, and potential, the project founders for Samada have compiled a listing of frequently asked questions and their formal answers. If your question is not here, please feel free to reach-out to one of the listed contributors on the NSFT Discord or via telegram.

Q. How do I become involved?
    A. Samada does not function with an applications process, unlike many other setting threads. The easiest way to become an authorized contributor is to express an interest and have a discussion with one or more of the authorized contributors listed below. Secondly, parties interested in Samada may wish to express interest and become involved in roleplays set in the Isere System, which is the star system of the Samada project, created by contributors for their own roleplays. The exact methodology for becoming an "authorized contributor" is simple, and based upon the consensus of all current contributors and their trust in a potential contributor.

If your behavior erodes contributor trust in you to handle development of Samada, do not expect to be authorized by the OP to post in this thread. Positive player behaviors and a strong, beneficial player ethic is required, and not a mere suggestion.

Beyond this, treat this setting thread factbook as closed. If you are not a listed contributor, please do not post here. If you do, your post will be removed following Moderation request. Repeatedly posting in this thread without OP authorization will result in your permanent prohibition from involvement in Samada, the Isere System, or any locale originating or involving the latter.
Q. What is a setting thread?
    A. Below is quoted the International Incidents' new player sticky (emphasis added):

Kyrusia wrote:Closed/Open Canon: "Closed" or "open" canon (and continuity) is a distinction made based upon the way players interact-with and determine the existence of their nations in the overall, fictional world. "Open canon" is defined as a canonical world in which no application or acceptance is required for the player's nation to be considered to canonically exist; an example would be "NS Earth" as commonly seen in Modern Tech. "Closed canon" is defined as a canonical world in which application and acceptance is required in order for the player's nation to be considered to canonically exist, often by a central authority (such as a player or group of players); "closed world regions" and/or "closed roleplaying groups" are examples of "closed canon." Such is not to be confused with mere threads which happen to be closed, open, or require application approval to participate.

[...]

Setting Thread: A style of thread in which a given setting is created collaboratively by participants for common use by its contributing participants. An example would be a city set in a player's country, but one in which the original poster allows other player's to create destinations and locations within it (such as malls, museums, etc.) for use in other threads; most often, the setting thread itself is merely a repository for applications for constituent locations and for worldbuilding of the setting itself, with participants having some license (which may vary from thread to thread and player to player, defined in the thread itself) to use the relevant locations in other threads.

SVBU-4816: Samada - the overall name of this setting project, consisting of its alphanumeric identification code and its most prominent planet - is an open canon setting thread set in the broad NationStates Future Tech "world"; this thread, specifically, is an informational hub or factbook meant to provide exposition regarding various facets of that setting, and to otherwise serve as a reference for roleplays involving the same.
Q. What is the "Great Betan Collapse"?
    A. Initially little more than a throwaway line, the "Great Betan Collapse" is an In-Character attempt utilized by several players to explain a perceived period of depreciated activity in the Beta Quadrant, largely caused (Out-of-Character) by the natural ebb-and-flow of player interest and participation. In-Character, the Great Betan Collapse ("Betan Collapse" or "Betan Economic Collapse," each referencing the same back-explained event) was a period of considerable socio-economic turmoil in portions of the Beta Quadrant, resulting in the collapse of several star-states, countless corporate ventures, and the general spread of instability to various parts of the quadrant (in other words, among those who wish to tie their history to the event). In-Character, this event "peaked" approximately forty-two (Galactic Standard) years ago (19.7700 GSY), represented in Out-of-Character real-time as approximately 2010-2011.

Thematically, the Betan Collapse hearkens to the themes and aesthetics of the late 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s - or, more correctly, the degeneration of these motifs. For that reason, Samada is packaged in the neo-Gilded Age trappings of the carefree 1980s, when an economic boom brought considerable economic levity and enthusiasm to the United States and much of the Western world. This, of course, eventually lead to a "crashing of the party," as it were, a theme mirrored in Samada by the Great Betan Collapse itself and the degeneration of what was intended to be an idyllic retreat for the well-to-do into a proverbial "wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Overall, along with its present activities, Samada seeks to serve as a lens to explore this particular period of galactic history.
Q. What is the "Great Displacement"?
    A. The "Great Displacement" is a community-wide event latched-onto by various players involving a galactic-scale refugee crisis, initially instigated by any number of catalytic events which resulted in the displacement of numerous, untold numbers of sophont entities - both human and otherwise. The term itself was originally coined by the Perseid Federation, and has since become a catalyst itself for any number of plots and sub-plots among the NSFT playerbase.

This event, peaking Out-of-Character in approximately 2016, was typified by the In-Character debate between the acceptance of refugee populations - colloquially known In-Character as "fugees" by some - or the refusal to accept them into interstellar polities. The effects of the Great Displacement - and nebulous, potentially even the event itself - are still evolving and developing in the community consciousness of NationStates Future Tech.
Q. Why is the project called "Samada" and not "Isere" or "Isere System"?
    A. Work on "Samada" as a concept initially began in late 2015 as merely a desolate planet rife with factional warfare and suffering from a failed, historical attempt at terraforming, as well as an "orbital spawl" (orbisprawl) above its surface. At this initial stage, the concept of the system itself was largely ignored, with focus primarily on the planet, its orbisprawl, and the development surrounding such. It was not until much later, relatively speaking, that development on the system as a whole began, with the system's parent binary becoming labeled "Isere (A & B)."

Concurrent to this, a simple project began which sought to allow for the creation of system names on-the-fly; this system was based off a simple extrapolation of various alphanumeric identifiers meant to provide some level of information about the system itself, but where further building on the system was not required for narrative purposes. This gave birth to the "SECUR(e) System" infographic. Since then, this has been simplified - namely, the Greek identifiers have been dropped in favor of their corresponding, Latin letters.

Officially, the system in which the planet Samada resides is named "SVBU-4816": Stellar Volume, Beta Quadrant, Undeveloped; Survey #4816. This name remains, In-Character, as the system's only formal identifier in navigational systems, as the initial development of the system - and terraforming of Samada - was never completed. The names "Isere System" and "Samada" are both derived from In-Character corporate publications that were never widely or publicly distributed, but have both been adopted by the current inhabitants of the star system out of convenience and evolution of the unique, volatile culture that has developed within it.
Q. Can I invade? Destroy everything? Raid the system? Generally cause havoc?
    A. The precise location of the system is not widely known, much less prone to dissemination. Even its colloquial names are subject to rumor, conjecture, and outright fabrication.

The Isere System is, functionally, the "end-of-the-line" for many of its inhabitants: they are being pursued by law enforcement or criminals they have previously crossed, they have no where else to turn, they are seeking a new and simpler life but lack the resources (or intelligence) to seek other shores, etc. Yes, the system is known among certain circles as a haven for criminal elements and brigandage, but its anonymity and location far from often-travelled tradelanes (deep within wildspace) make pin-pointing it a difficulty without having contact with someone who has been there, personally, and is able to guide a character through the proverbial gauntlet.

We shall not bother discussing that the system is rife with inter-factional warfare and one is just as likely to be popped-upon-discovery as one is to dock at the Anchorage, or some other port, and be able to navigate the convoluted protection rackets one is required to patron simply to be permitted to exist within the system (relatively) un-accosted.

There is a reason the Isere System is spoken-of as a figurative "criminal Atlantis." It is a myth spun by worn-out free settlers that have had one-too-many beers, drug-addled junkies trying to scam someone out of their fix, and itinerant criminal vagabonds prone to talking too much about things of which they know too little.

In other words, unless you are an authorized contributor pitching a major roleplay idea, we will not generally be open to discussing "wrecking shit" for the sake of wrecking it. If you have an actually well-thought-out concept for a thread, including conflict or infiltration, that's one thing; it's another thing entirely to want to pop planets for the sake of doing so. The latter, frankly, we have absolutely zero interest in, and please don't bother asking.
Q. Who controls the OP account?
    A. The OP account of this thread is controlled by Kyrusia, as some readers are likely to have guessed from the writing and formatting style. Kyrusia, along with Vocenae, serve as founding contributors to this project.

As previously indicated, only authorized contributors are permitted to post in this thread. Unless your account name is mentioned in the list below, this thread is to be considered "closed." Posting in this thread without authorization by the OP account will result in your post being removed following a request to Moderation; repeatedly posting in this thread without authorization is likely to result in your general prohibition from any involvement in the project. If you are interested in becoming involved, please review the FAQ for details on how.

Rhukhor Havakhund
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhukhor Havakhund » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

The "Isere System," officially known only by the prosaic navigation identifier "SVBU-4816," is located on the extreme, Betan Fringe approximately 7,050 parsecs (≈22,990 light-years) g-south of the Beta-Delta Meridian, firmly placing it within the tangled sectors of Betan wildspace. The nearest sign of civilization, and the approximate termination of its local wildspace volume, constitutes an assortment of un-sanctioned, low-traffic and low-security salvage lanes spurred from the Twin Eagles Trade Corridor at a distance approaching 3,800 parsecs (≈12,390 light-years). While the formal designation of the system does appear in many standard navigation system databases, it is but one of many similarly-labelled systems in the Isere System's wildspace volume; this nigh-anonymity, combined with both its remoteness and the broad ignorance that the system labelled "SVBU-4816" is, in fact, a rumored criminal haven, has kept all but the most tenacious - or foolhardy - from sincere survey and location attempts.

Excluding the mere difficulties of divining the truth of the Isere System's designation and present role, practical navigation to the system is complicated by various astrophysical and legal barriers. Due to its location deep within effectively un-patrolled wildspace, the risk of falling prey to reavers and marauders is significant; due to such, both the Imperial Star Republic and Imperial and Federal Union - joint national proprietors of the nearest trade corridor, the Twin Eagles - operate a network of navigation warning buoys in proximity to the low-security demarcation of their respective spurs, warning travelers that deviation from such may result in harassment by sector populations and the potential voiding of their vessel's provided insurance coverage. Further, due to the un-patrolled knotwork of ancient tradelanes that once transited Isere's wildspace volume, astrophysical hazards may be present, to include: debris shoals and reefs, stellar emission anomalies, and a variety of interstellar hazard complexes otherwise inhibiting safe passage.

SVBU-4816 itself presents further challenges. Home to a detached A-G binary star, basal radiation and stellar winds within the system may complicate or damage un-maintained or un-shielded telemetry suites. Isere A (officially SVBU-4816-A), the largest and most massive star of the binary, is an A2IV-class blue-white subgiant of approximately 3.3R, 2.5M, and 54L, otherwise dominating the system in its pale-blue aura. Its significantly more diminutive partner, Isere B (4816-B) is a yellowed-white G8V-class main sequence dwarf at 0.95R, 0.85M, and a comparatively dim 0.62L.

The concept of "system-wide traffic control" is a laughable idea in the Isere System. In truth, no assured means of traffic control exists, for certainty, until transit through the Kehresei Belt has been achieved, drawing the traveler into range of the Samada Anchorage. Further measures of safety may exist for certain outposts and stations between the Kehresei and the outer limits of the system, but no assumption can be made of their cooperation or openness to uninvited guests. The most common response for those alien or otherwise foreign - such is to say "unwelcome" - to the system is a marauding patrol by the system's nominal claimants, the Rhukhor - a tribal confederation that has effectively controlled the system for at least twenty standard years. Their tenacious guard of their presumptive property assures that mere continued presence within the system requires the payment of their protection services, a system-wide racket they defend and maintain with a vicious and efficient scope of brutality.

This brutality, however, and even the racket it is enacted to defend, does not prevent the very real danger of simple brigandage and reaving within the system - either by random chance or due to nigh-perpetual, low-level skirmishes between rival enterprises. Even if safe passage is paid, the risk of an errant becoming fodder in one such intra-system war cannot be dismissed, and poses one of - if not the - most significant hazards for the Isere System as a whole. There is no "peace" in the home of Samada, merely variance in the intensity of any given moment of warfare.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Akairn //
Colloquially known as "Akairn" based upon unpublished corporate documentation, SVBU-4816-I is the first planet out from the Isere binary stellar complex, situated at a semi-major axis of approximately 2 AU, a sidereal rotation period of 48.76 standard days, and an orbital period of approximately 1.54 Galactic Standard Years. Akairn constitutes 0.054M at 0.32R. While 4816-I is neither synchronously nor asynchronously tidally locked, its close proximity to the system's barycenter relative to Isere B leads to complications in its orbital period and elliptic; after approximately 3.9 Galactic Standard Years (approaching a 4:1 orbital resonance between Isere B and Akairn relative to the Isere A-B barycenter), Akairn is prone to considerable orbital instability, resulting in approximately eight months of tidal sheering forces pulling upon the terrestrial, causing not-insubstantial debris and gas emissions to pull from the planet, only to fall back to its surface upon the cessation of its resonance period.

Overall, Akairn is a blasted terrestrial lacking even the trace of an atmosphere; the single exception to this occurs once every four standard years for approximately 14 standard months as Isere B's gravitational forces bring forth debris and gas from the surface, only to be caught in low orbit around the terrestrial. This results in a considerable, psuedo-atmospheric haze above the surface of Akairn until its cessation. Upon the termination of this periodic instability, debris acted upon by Isere B begins its degrade back to the surface, resulting in Akairn's desolate and pock-marked facade - and a periodic reshaping of the same. Rich in iron and silicates, SVBU-4816-I is otherwise unremarkable, to the exception of speculated iseridium deposits. Both its proximity to Isere A-B and its periodic instability, however, has complicated any organized efforts to survey and prospect the planet for mining opportunities.

Generally ignored by the standard fare of the system's population, surface habitation - even in hazardous environ modules - would be difficult, if not impossible. Sub-surface habitation, according to corporate documentation dating to Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' initial survey of the system, was not, however, ruled-out. Even so, geological instability caused by its periodic tidal sheering complicates such possibilities: significant sub-surface structural degradation and fracturing would pose significant hazards to any colonization efforts. This, however, does not deny the savage beauty of the terrestrial caused by these very same periodic calamities. Much of its surface is pock-marked with fresh, jagged craters and tidal calderas caused by the up-swelling of lower-density rock during its perihelion; this combination of splinter-like rock mouths and low, domed boils lend a unique portrait painted by an unforgiving, stellar artist.

Ihtol //
Otherwise known as "Ihtol," SVBU-4816-II sits between Akairn and Samada's orbit at a semi-major axis of 3.75 AU, making it the second planetary body in the system from the Isere binary. Remarkably, Ihtol's sidereal rotation period is approximately 1.66 Galactic Standard Years, constituting almost half of its orbital period: 3.9 Galactic Standard Years. SVBU-4816-II's mass is approximately 0.84M at 0.89R.

A veritable deluge of information has been collected regarding Ihtol, beginning initially with the first system surveys conducted during Project SAMADA. SVBU-4816-II possesses a notably thick atmosphere rich in hydrogen sulfides, carbon dioxide, and various titanic gases - leading to the slight purple coloration of its atmosphere. This high presence of titanic compounds, as well as silicate metalloids, is believed to be a consequence of Ihtol's geologic activity and surface volcanism. This, further, leads to the surface of Ihtol possessing a "tarnished silver" to "brass" coloration, a feature that, in accompaniment with its unique atmospheric properties, were marketed to potential investors in the initial phases of Project SAMADA as visible during the local winter months of Samada.

The "Ihtol Lesion" (sometimes called the "Ihtol Hole"), believed to be either a volcanic caldera or the result of a comet impact in its later development stage, remains Ihtol's most noteworthy surface feature. Visible in its northern hemisphere, the massive terrestrial feature has an average diameter of 3,600 kilometers, and a radar-indicated depth totaling 2.8 kilometers. It is this very feature that has continued to periodically beckon potential colonists and free settlers to the planet; survival on the surface is, in fact, quite possible with hazardous environ modules and oxygen or exo-atmospheric equipment. Even so, the surface remains a largely desolate, metallic hellscape of volcanism and titanic acid rainfall. Notably, Ihtol is prone to so-called "iserititanic crystalline dust," a phenomenon in which titanic compounds bond with iseridium particulate cast-aloft into the atmosphere, forming dangerous, wind-driven clouds composed of razor-like, metallic flakes prone to degrading equipment and eviscerating less-substantial fabrics.

As such, despite its theoretical habitation potential, practical considerations and pitfalls have always inhibited serious colonization efforts. A single Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' mining and research outpost was established during the earliest days of Project SAMADA, reportedly housing nearly one thousand personnel; this effort was abandoned within a standard year, however, due to near-continual hazards and mounting budgetary costs caused by the same. Since then, no known settlement has ever been established on Ihtol's surface, and following the system's effective abandonment to brigandage following the Great Betan Collapse, concerted efforts toward permanent settlement seem unlikely in the foreseeable future.

Samada //
The planet SVBU-4816-III - the eponymous "Samada" that heralds the system's infamy - is the third planet out from the Isere A-B binary complex, and is, by far, the system's most notworthy landmark - both due to its history and the Anchorage which orbits it. Samada is situated at 6.1 AU from the Isere System's barycenter, placing it just within the cusp of the system's natural habitability zone (a volume which stretches from approximately 6.05 to 13.25 AU, well into the Kehresei Belt). With an orbital period of 8.2 Galactic Standard Years, 4816-III possesses the longest local year of any of the inner system terrestrials; even so, its sidereal rotation period is a modest 26.04 standard hours. Samada's mass and radius, however, are relatively substantial compared to its inner system sisters, at 1.004M and 1.16R, respectively. Samada has one natural satellite, Askora (SVBU-4816-IIIa), and is home to the "orbisprawl" known as the "Samada Anchorage."

Despite what its presence within the Isere System's habitability zone might imply, Samada was never "naturally habitable." While 4816-III did naturally possess water, such was primarily sealed in small pockets within subterranean aquifers and surrounded by exceptionally dense rock formations - formations which, in time, were discovered to consist of substantial quantities of iseridium ore. Initially intending to utilize the system as a competing prospect to their rival mining venture, Sigyrus Excavations, it was during routine prospecting that this unique ore was uncovered; upon discovery of the iseridium element and its various allotropes - and, most importantly, the role such might play in accelerating the rate of terraforming operations (always Draeva-Ishaik's prized subsidiary division) - the first plans for Project SAMADA were drawn.

According to internal corporate documentation, Samada was intended to serve two purposes: both as an upper-echelon base of operations for the effective system-wide depletion of iseridium, and as a remote, luxury bastion for corporate elites and partners from across the Galaxy. The utilization of iseridium in terraforming operations was intended, in effect, to finance the latter, with Samada itself intended to serve as a flagship for the megaconglomerate's latest breakthrough in geo-engineering. Due to the Great Betan Collapse, however, this intended future never came to pass and, ultimately, Draeva-Ishaik and her partners abandoned the system entirely - leaving behind countless thousands of former employees in the process.

Overall, Samada is, first and foremost, a largely desert world. While several large, salt seas exist along the equatorial latitudes, these are all, primarily, artificial in nature and a consequence of terraforming and geo-engineering operations. The effects of Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' terraforming, however, lingers in other ways. While strictly speaking, "habitable," in practice the local habitability of any given region is determined by the operation - or in-operation - of remaining terraforming spires, with breathable atmosphere concentrated chiefly in ongoing production along the equatorial latitudes, and thinning as one approaches the poles. This, ultimately, was unintentional, but a consequence of a half-hearted automation process begun late in the life of Project SAMADA; simply put, the automated terraforming spires closest to the equator were given automation treatment by Kruger Armatures - a still extant robotics firm - while the rest were given under-budget contracts for automation by Jehei Technologies, or were simply never automated to begin with, now being derelict.

The failed terraforming of the planet, in combination with the abandonment of thousands of former Draeva-Ishaik and partnership employees, have turned the surface of Samada into a virtual bloodsport arena. Settlements exist, largely concentrated around still-functioning terraforming spires, but are held in tyrannical grip by tin-pot dictators and tyrants. The most prominent of these and, arguably, the most powerful, is Kojo Andewalli, whom possesses control of the Anchor: a manufacturing complex at the base of the orbital anchor for the space elevator which stretches from Samada's surface to the Anchorage. Beyond simply the Anchor, due to a tenuous partnership with the nominal claimants of both the system and the Anchorage, the Rhukhor, Kojo Andewalli controls vast swathes of Samada's surface - a control he maintains through his retrofitted fleet of previously-abandoned electromagnetic hovercraft - up to and including the former "resort metropolis" constructed by Draeva-Ishaik.

Samada Anchorage
While some say it is a blight, and others term it a haven, what is known is that the Samada Anchorage is one of, if not the, key landmarks in the whole of the Isere System. While never given a formal designation, and called variously the "Samada Anchorage," the "Anchorage," and the "Toroid" in Draeva-Ishaik corporate documentation, it has considerably grown - or degenerated - in the forty standard years since the Great Betan Collapse. Initially intended to serve as a ship port, luxury concourse, and space elevator hub for access to-and-from the surface of Samada, the Anchorage was never, itself, completed. While all tethers for the seven accompanying space elevators were strung and their associated anchors laid, only three were ever operational and equipped with orbital trolleys - to include the central, primary elevator mechanism. To date, only one - the central elevator - complex remains operational, though ultimately under the orbital control of the Rhukhor tribal confederation and surface-and-trolley control by Kojo Andewalli.

Since the abandonment of the station by Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries, and despite what such may imply, Samada Anchorage did not stop development. In the forty standard years since its dereliction, the Anchorage has grown through a tumorous process: derelict stations, satellites, and abandoned ships have, variously, been bolted, welded, and impact-welded into the central toroid - known as the "Old Anchorage" - to grow the fixture into a megastructure termed an "orbital sprawl," or "orbisprawl" colloquially. Though nebulously multi-tiered and cancerous in its architectural growth, the flat surface area of the orbisprawl itself approaches nearly 700,000 km² in size. A gargantuan labyrinth, the Anchorage is one of, if not the, most densely populated structures in the Isere System - even when the uninhabited sections of the orbisprawl are included in calculation - with estimates of population density ranging from 150 to 300 inhabitants per square kilometer.

In terms of demographics, such have never been formally (or informally) subject to any form of census, though estimates range from sixty-five to eighty-five percent of inhabitants being human or human-in-origin, with the remainder being non-human. Of the human population, it is believed that some twenty percent are native inhabitants - those whom were original employees of Draeva-Ishaik and its partner ventures, or are their direct descendants. Regardless of origin or species, however, poverty is endemic and all-consuming aboard the Anchorage, even among those capable of eking a meager degree of comparative wealth. True wealth and power is heavily restricted, and primarily the privilege of notable criminal entrepreneurs or those in close-knit association to the same. The remainder of the population lives in various levels of squalor, re-purposing former stations or derelict spacecraft into interwoven, metallic catacomb-like cities that hang precariously above Samada's surface; for the worst-off - the non-human - even such a tenuous safety is a luxury, and their ever-constant marginalization often threatens their very existence to a degree of risk even greater than the impoverished and the desperate.

While warlords control the surface of Samada, the structure and hierarchy of control within the Anchorage is decidedly nuanced and complicated. The Rhukhor tribal confederation maintains two different yet interconnected regimes: their control of the orbit of Samada and Askora, to include the Anchorage, is virtually uncontested, resulting in a ferociously restricted travel envelope in proximity to the Anchorage, veering from which almost always results in destruction of the errant vessel or its sacrifice to Samada's atmosphere; aboard Samada Anchorage itself, however, while the Rhukhor maintain nominal control of the whole of its bulk, the practicalities of controlling its populations and the logistics of an ever-growing, cancerous megastructure complicate matters considerably.

From their base of operations in the Old Anchorage - to include the central elevator complex - and surrounding regions, the Rhukhor hold nominal dominion over the Anchorage, with inhabitants - both individual and by association - owing custom to their protection rackets, less they risk intimidation or violence. As a practical course, however, the Anchorage is largely divided between competing (and occasionally cooperating) interests, criminal enterprises, and inhabitant associations which form nebulous gang territories and psuedo-fiefs, each allowed some degree of autonomy, assuming their existence is known and to be tolerated by the Rhukhor. As such, control is not absolute, and holes exist; even so, those foolish enough to not heed the demands and place subservience of their interests to the Anchorage's nominal masters are routinely prone to discovering certain brutal practicalities of their own.

Askora
SVBU-4816-IIIa, otherwise known as "Askora," is Samada's sole natural satellite, and is located approximately 0.003 AU from its parent planet - constituting a semi-major axis of approximately 448,794 kilometers. Synchronously tidally locked to 4816-III, Askora has an orbital period and rotation period both equaling 34.3 standard days. Compared to Samada, Askora is miniscule, with a mass of 0.016M at a meager 0.26R (1,656 km).

Despite its orbit of Samada, Askora has never played a significant role in system development - a fact brought about, largely, as a consequence of its relatively low industrial value. Possessing only a tenuous magnetic field composed almost entirely of localized, crustal magnetization, and virtually no atmosphere, permanent settlement and terraforming operations were excluded early in the lifetime of Project SAMADA. Much of Askora's surface is composed of inert silica, calcium oxide, and exceptionally brittle iron-based compounds; its internal composition is equally unimpressive, being only partially-differentiated and consisting of a predominantly brittle iron crust, a semi-solid decay-heated mantle composed chiefly of iron and trace amounts of alumina and tungsten, and lastly a solid iron core.

While the overall lack of sub-surface resources certainly played a role in SVBU-4816-IIIa's general dismissal as an appreciable boon for system development, it was not the sole strike against the satellite. Due to gravitational resonances brought-about by tidal forces between Isere B, Askora, and portions of the Kehresei Belt, 4816-IIIa is prone to periodic debris strikes; standing as a monument to such is the surface feature known as the "Iron Eye": a substantial crater formed approximately eighteen million standard years ago from a comet impact brought into the inner system due to gravitational resonance. The feature, measuring at a radar-indicated depth of 984 meters, exposed a significantly large, sub-surface deposit of iron oxide, lending the pock-marked southern hemisphere of Askora an apparent gaze.

Disregarding such hazards, soon after the initiation of Project SAMADA, internal documentation indicates that Jehei Technologies attempted to establish several ansible relays near the northern pole of Askora, believing crustal magnetization in the region would assist in superluminal communications propagation and help inhibit radiation damage. Three autonomous relays were eventually constructed, but never reached commercial viability; soon after completion, initial tests revealed that the localized magnetization of sub-surface, ferrous metal deposits were not sufficient to inhibit stellar radiation. The three installations were subsequently abandoned, serving as the last known attempt to exploit Askora, leaving the natural moon to serve as little more than an aesthetically appealing sight in the Samadan night sky.

Kehresei Belt //
The SVBU-4816 Circumstellar Debris Complex - otherwise known as the "Kehresei Belt" - is a comparatively dense field of nebulous gas, dust, asteroids, comets, and artificial debris stretching from approximately 9 to 15.8 AU between the orbits of Samada and the super-jovian Aesis; the Belt's average depth stretches at a radius of 1.8 AU above-or-below the system's orbital plane, with its greatest prominence exceeding a radius of 2.62 AU. According to systemic research during Project SAMADA - largely based upon its positioning, debris density, ring prominence structures, and gravitational resonance - the Belt is believed to have been the consequence of at least two disrupted planets - or a disrupted planet and an orbiting moon or planetoid partner. Due to its density, the Kehresei Belt is further home to an exorbitantly high density of artificial debris - stations, asteroid mining complexes, and spacecraft - that has accumulated, either due to salvage operations or overt hostility, since before Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' initial entrance into the Isere System.

While the Kehresei Belt is a predominantly structurally-homogeneous circumstellar debris field, two features - one situated with a semi-major axis of 11.09 AU, and another at approximately 13.46 AU - consisting of abnormally dense regions of multi-kilometer asteroids and debris form the "Kheresei Rings" within the Belt itself. The most substantial of these features, and the outermost visible ring, rises above the orbital plane to a height of nearly 3 AU, constituting one of the most significant obstacles in terms of intra-system traffic along Isere A-B's ecliptic. The "Inner Ring," while substantial, is comparatively diminutive, and is believed to have either been a planetoid or orbiting moon that was sheared by gravitational effects from the super-jovian Aesis during the same event as its former parent body which now constitutes the "Outer Ring."

Believed to largely be a consequence of these gravitational forces, the Belt is abnormally dense when compared to circumstellar features in similar systems. While much of its mass constitutes gas and particulate matter, larger asteroids and planetesimals are not a rare sight. The presence of such terrestrial features have prompted industrial prospecting since the earliest days of Draeva-Ishaik's habitation in the system, resulting in various mining derelicts ranging in size from five-man outposts to small, hundred-personnel dug-outs littering the Kehresei Belt in exceptionally high numbers. Resources include the standard fare of carbonaceous minerals, hydrogen, water ice, methane, and innumerable silicates; uniquely, however, in conjunction with a relative abundance of iseridium allotropes, the Belt also contains an abnormally high quantity of acanthite, argentite, and other silver-rich sulfide ores. A significant presence of gold-rich electrum was also noted in corporate documentation, though not to the same levels of abnormal abundance as Isere-native silver deposits.

In addition to its substantial population of significant terrestrials, however, the Kehresei Belt is home to innumerable hulks, derelicts, abandoned or incomplete stations, and wreckage beyond reckoning. Most are little more than portions, picked-over by salvors and brigands for their parts or for material scrap; more substantial segments of vessels and stations, however, are not a rarity. In addition to freighters and stations left behind in the abandonment of the system, many more contemporary remnants remain testament to the nigh-perpetual inter-factional conflicts and reavings that take-place within the Belt's boundaries. Due to this, in combination with the ever-shifting asteroid masses within the debris complex, travel through the Kehresei Belt is notably risky, with in-person "guides" often being relied upon to act both as navigation consultants and as liaisons with the various parties which run extortion rackets for wayfarers seeking to transit the maze-like field.

Aesis //
The phenomenally massive super-jovian SVBU-4816-IV, also known as "Aesis," is the first of the outer planets, orbiting Isere A-B with a semi-major axis of 20.8 AU, and is the first gas giant outward from the Kehresei Belt. Despite Aesis' comparatively small radius of 1.08R, it possesses a gargantuan mass of 48M (≈0.046M⊙︎) leading to an exceptional density. SVBU-4816-IV's orbital period lasts 51.7 Galactic Standard Years, though its sidereal rotation period is the shortest within the Isere System, lasting only 9.16 standard hours - though, both due to its size and gaseous nature, the upper atmosphere of Aesis is subject to differential rotation at varying angular velocities. Though possessing numerous natural satellites and orbiting planetesimals - to include several virtually-invisible gossamer rings - only three of Aesis' moons are of substantial consequence: Niikos (SVBU-4816-IVa), Jaurkos (SVBU-4816-IVb), and Eiss (SVBU-4816-IVc).

Since initial surveys of the Isere System began, Aesis has held something of a mystique, both due to its size and its brilliant coloration. Though composed mostly of hydrogen, Aesis' upper atmosphere contains trace elements of lithium and titanic compounds, lending to a dull, almost pastel violet coloration, broken and clouded only by the intense storms and eddies which mar its atmosphere. Beneath its comparatively idyllic surface, SVBU-4816-IV is an ever-broiling mire of hydrogen, helium, neon, and methane; this hellish layer, due to immense pressure and density, is known to experience neon and diamond rain - a consequence of methane compression. Even deeper still, a significant "mantle" of Aesis' sub-surface structure consists of exceptionally dense metallic hydrogen in a fluid, convective boil at both extreme temperatures and astronomical pressures. Though unconfirmed, it is believed that 4816-IV's inner core consists of a rocky, super-terrestrial composed chiefly of ammonia ice, rocky debris, and is theorized to potentially be coated in an exceptionally thin "outer crust" of supercitical osmium.

Due to its exceptional quantities of hydrogen, Aesis - along with its innumerable planetesimals - has been a target of fuel extraction since the earliest days of Project SAMADA. Fusion fuel extractors, concentrators, and refineries of various sizes and scope hang in orbit above the super-jovian's surface, occasionally falling from orbit only to be consumed by the pastel clouds below - presumably to be burned and crushed by the immensely disastrous environment Aesis maintains. Though most have long-since been abandoned, a number of small outfits still maintain a handful, willing to provide fuel in exchange for a steep sum. Beyond this, Aesis saw little in terms of development, with the most noteworthy additions to its orbital coterie being a number of superluminal communication relays installed by Jehei Technologies, seeking range potentiation benefits from the uniquely potent electromagnetic field SVBU-4816-IV produces.

Niikos
The closest natural satellite to Aesis is SVBU-4816-IVa, otherwise known as "Niikos," with a relatively minuscule semi-major axis of 1.826 million kilometers (≈0.012 AU). Due to its extreme proximity to its massive parent, Niikos is subject to synchronous tidal locking, with its orbital period of 55.1 standard hours matching its rotation period. SVBU-4816-IIIa, in addition to being closest moon to its parent, is also the smallest in both mass and radius: 0.015M and 0.29R (≈1,849.7 km), respectively.

To describe Niikos as a "hellscape" would be an understatement, if not outright flattery of its ashen wastes. Possessing only a tentative atmosphere composed chiefly of sulfur compounds, carbon dioxide, sodium chloride, and trace amounts of oxygen, the prospect of habitation, regardless of method, was never a serious one during the height of Project SAMADA. Sulfur compounds - namely sulfur di- and monoxide - make-up the majority of Niikos' thin atmosphere by benefit of its extreme volcanism, a consequence of its rampant tidal heating. This very same volcanism defines Niikos' surface, which is composed chiefly of ashy pyroxene silicates, sulfur, and - conversely - great swathes of frozen sulfur dioxide. The high presence of sulfur and pyroxene, overall, lends rusted, ashy tones to SVBU-4816-IVa's surface, though such is often broke by great swathes of pearly-white, frozen sulfur dioxide intermixed with sulfurated pyroxene mineral deposits.

As noted, volcanism is constant on Niikos, though due to neither inherent tectonic activity nor substantial radioactive decay, but instead due to the immense gravitational force of Aesis resulting in tidal heating. Between sulfur-blasted fields and great, networked striations of frozen sulfur ash, great shields hundreds of kilometers in diameter rise from Nikos' surface, spewing soot, ash, and pyroclastic flows into space. Lava flows - composed of molten material brought from deep within the moon's myriad magma pockets - are not uncommon, though they are often obscured due to the great, mushroom-shaped pyroclastic plumes that accompany them. While this relatively calm form of volcanism is most prevalent upon 4816-IVa, one notable exception is a conical structure known as "Niikos' Phyre": a great volcano rising approximately eighteen kilometers up from Niikos' surface and prone to periodic, explosive eruptions. This great, volcanic monolith is noteworthy not merely for its size, however, but also its relatively predictable eruption cycle: once approximately every 2.5 Galactic Standard Years, Niikos' Phyre erupts explosively, spewing molten debris, sulfur compounds, and rapidly-cooling orthopyroxene lava into space, creating a sooty-red trail which rapidly spirals back to 4816-IVa's surface, dubbed colloquially as "Niikos' Mane."

Niikos' was never prospected for potential colonization, according to internal corporate documentation, due primarily to both its infernal landscape and only nominally-present atmosphere. Interestingly, however, SVBU-4816-IVa was discussed as a potential candidate for shatter-mining in the Isere System, though the former Aehiran moon of Konost ultimately won this disastrous lottery. Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' documents detail that while substantial methane, iseridium, and silver deposits may dwell deep below Niikos' surface, the costs of cracking its bulk were simply too prohibitive without a substantial likelihood of reward. Less-competitive mining operations working in partnership with Draeva-Ishaik during Project SAMADA entertained the idea of large, surface-based mining operations, but such initiatives ultimately never materialized.

Jaurkos
Second natural satellite out from Aesis, SVBU-4816-IVb (also known as "Jaurkos") orbits its parent at a considerable semi-major axis of 0.026AU (≈3.9 million kilometers); constituting 0.84M at 0.94R, Jaurkos is also the largest Aesisean satellite, both by mass and radius, as well as the largest and most massive moon in the Isere System, approaching Samada itself in size. Synchronously tidally locked, SVBU-4816-IVb's orbital and rotation period both equal approximately 7.1 standard days.

Since initial surveys of the Isere System, Jaurkos posed problems in terms of understanding its initial formation, development, and how it came to orbit its parent, Aesis. Its size, first and foremost, proved decidedly problematic when compared to both Niikos and Eiss, the other substantial satellites in its orbital neighborhood. Whereas Niikos and even Eiss, despite the latter's malformation, are clearly native to their orbital system, Jaurkos' size seemed too massive to have naturally formed around Aesis without other, contributing factors. Due to its size, Jaurkos was initially surveyed as a secondary candidate for terraforming in the Isere System; though sub-surface analysis, the Aesisean magnetosphere, and a complete lack of an atmosphere ultimately resulted in the abandonment of this idea, spectrum analysis of the moon during this period divined Jaurkos' formative nature: chiefly, its make-up is remarkably similar to debris bodies in the Kehresei Belt, indicating that Jaurkos was likely one of the largest amalgams of debris following the formation of the Belt, eventually resulting in its capture and further consolidation within Aesis' orbital envelope.

Being of similar composition to Kehresei bodies - silicates, carbonaceous minerals, methane, water ice, and a matching high presence of silver - Jaurkos remains something of a "composite" planetoid. Not unlike its sister Niikos, Jaurkos is subjected to tidal heating from Aesis' gravity; unlike Niikos, however, Jaurkos has a largely undifferentiated sub-surface structure due to its comparatively "young" age, resulting in the moon appearing more as many distinct chunks of hydrated rock held together by their combined force of gravity. Beneath its crust, 4816-IVb's peculiarities only grow; unlike many geologically active terrestrials, Jaurkos lacks both an internal dynamo (and therefore lacks its own magnetosphere) and a molten rock mantle. Instead, Jaurkos' "mantle" constitutes a gestalt "slush" of silicate rock, silver-rich ores, water ice, and methane clathrates. Due to its make-up and subjection to tidal heating, 4816-IVb's surface plates are prone to violent lifting and geologic quakes, resulting in massive plumes of freed methane and frozen clathrates being launched into the vacuum of space.

In spite of its unique hazards and lack of an atmosphere, Jaurkos served as an outer-system partner to Samada in terms of Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' development of the system. Several large mining operations and subsequent colonies were established on its surface, with its population reaching a height of approximately twelve thousand personnel by late 19.7400 GSY. In mid-19.7500 GSY, during the first signs of trouble indicating the approach of what would become known as the "Great Betan Collapse," Draeva-Ishaik mining personnel upon 4816-IVb engaged in a number of labor strikes, eventually culminating in a general strike stretching across the entirety of the colony and most of its residents. In response, Draeva-Ishaik, knowing that their personnel relied on their logistical support, simply withheld such; with supplies nearly depleted, in early 19.7600 GSY, the striking personnel on Jaurkos capitulated. Within days, the entirety of the colony was forcibly evacuated by Draevia-Ishaik security sub-contractors, resulting in several incidents of violence and rioting, with the colony itself to be left derelict even before the Isere System itself was formally abandoned.

While several other, smaller labor colonies remained on Jaurkos, operated mostly by Project SAMADA partners, all were subsequently abandoned with the system itself. In most instances, equipment, ore undergoing processing, and even unneeded transport shuttles and freighters were left where they sat. Refineries, methane processing plants, and all manner of colonial landscapes are visible from orbit across portions of the southern polar regions of Jaurkos as a consequence. Now such abandoned properties serve little further purpose than to collect silver dust and to serve as periodic hideouts for vagrants, criminals, and refugees.

Eiss
The farthest substantial moon in Aesis' orbit, SVBU-4816-IVc (colloquially "Eiss") has a lengthy semi-major axis of 0.05AU (≈7.5 million kilometers); 4816-IVc is also the smallest of the considerable Aesisean moons, with a mass of merely 0.01M and an approximate radius of 0.14R. Like its orbital siblings, Eiss is synchronously tidally locked, meaning both its orbital and rotation periods are approximately equal at 19 standard days; due to its malformed shape, however, Eiss' rotation period fluctuates periodically based upon gravitational resonance. This is further complicated due to SVBU-4816-IVc's retrograde orbit.

Aside from its irregular shape and orbital properties, only the most basic of information regarding Eiss' composition and sub-surface structure is known. SVBU-4816-IVc's surface is composed primarily of silicates, carbonaceous minerals, and frozen carbon dioxide - similar to many, much smaller bodies in orbit around Aesis. Internal structural properties are not known, though internal corporate documentation originating from the earlier Project SAMADA period indicates that 4816-IVc is believed to have an undifferentiated or only partially-differentiated sub-surface structure; Eiss does not have a magnetosphere, and is believed lack the core dynamo mechanism required to generate one.

Otherwise unremarkable throughout the history of the Isere System, Eiss became an emergency re-fueling and organizational point during the abandonment period of the Great Betan Collapse. At some point during late 19.7700 GSY, according to corporate documentation, a megafreighter sat in orbit around Eiss; cargo and manifest details indicate the vessel contained "residential and household supplies." For reasons unknown, the megafreighter - its name and contractor long-since ablated - was left in orbit, only to eventually decay and crash into Eiss' surface. The eight kilometer-long vessel's shattered hulk remains along the approximate equatorial region of 4816-IVc, many of its containment and storage modules shattered, and apparently devoid of most, if not all, of its contents.
Last edited by Rhukhor Havakhund on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhukhor Havakhund
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhukhor Havakhund » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Aehira //
Second gas giant residing out from Isere A-B, SVBU-4816-V ("Aehira") sits beyond its super-jovian kin at a semi-major axis of 34.25 AU; though considerably less massive and more diminutive than Aesis, Aehira is none-the-less enormous with a mass of 0.67M and a radius of 0.84R. Due to its considerable distance from the Isere System's barycenter, its orbital period is a substantial 109.5 Galactic Standard Years, maintaining an almost 2:1 orbital resonance with Aesis. While its overall sidereal rotation period is approximately 14 standard hours, due to the differential rotation of its gaseous composition, its rotational period fluctuates between 13.7 and 14.4 standard hours, depending upon latitude. SVBU-4816-V has three substantial natural satellites: Vytok (SVBU-4816-Va), Nhiran (SVBU-4816-Vb), and Kovess (SVBU-4816-Vc); Aehira also possesses a fourth, former natural satellite known as the "Konost Vestige" (SVBU-4816-Vd).

Aehira is of similar composition to its much larger sibling, with its atmosphere being composed primarily of hydrogen, helium, and traces of lithium and titanic compounds; SVBU-4816-V, when compared to Aesis, however, contains much greater concentrations of ammonia (both gaseous and solid), ethane, and hydrogen deuteride, leading to its more subdued coloration, varying from sandy browns to sooty, nearly-magenta reds. The internal structure of Aehira, again much like its partner, consists chiefly of hydrogen (gaseous and as a metallic liquid), helium, neon, and various ices - its inner core believed to be composed of a rocky, terrestrial body hydrated by ammonia, water, and sulfide ices. While 4816-V has a much more substantial ring system than Aesis, this feature is dominated by rocky, terrestrial remains of the former moon of Konost - now little more than substantial debris field of with vestigial satellite characteristics.

While Aesis played a substantial role in Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' development of the system by way of fuel extraction, Aehira, though considered a valuable resources throughout Project SAMADA, was deemed important for different reasons. Initial surveys of the planetary system revealed an exceptionally high prevalence of iseridium salts and ore in its tenuous ring network; iseridium salt particulate was even found aloft in Aehira's upper atmosphere, chiefly in close proximity to its largest surface feature: a planet-sized storm known as the "Aehiran Maelstrom," believed to be a self-stable cyclone potentially centuries old. Discovery of a rare, violet-colored, crystalline allotrope of iseridium - a presentation only previously known to exist on Samada itself as the red-tinged, crystal "samadite" - in the Aehiran ring complex, however, ultimately lead to Konost and, with it, the single largest concentration of violet iseridium ("konostite") in the Isere System.

Once konostite prospecting left Aehira for its moon, SVBU-4816-V did not depreciate in value; with its immediate orbit now mostly freed of mining logistics, Tydaal Shipworks and Yhnom Superluminal - both investment partners in Project SAMADA - established a considerable presence in Aehiran orbit through the construction of the Joint Aehiran Shipyard: a massive, orbital vessel retainer and shipbuilding yard high above 4816-V's atmosphere. Due to the onset of the Great Betan Collapse, however, the J.A.S. only ever released a small number of finished keels from its works, with most being abandoned with the remainder of the system, either as uncompleted vessels or even mere skeletal hulls; the Aehiran Shipyard was, similarly, abandoned, leaving its skeletal remains to hang low above the sooty cloud tops of Aehira into the present.

Vytok
Closest moon to Aehira, SVBU-4816-Va - otherwise known as "Vytok" - maintains an average semi-major axis of 865,993 kilometers (≈0.0058 AU), though due to its relative proximity to Nhiran, such can fluctuate by as much as three thousand kilometers depending on orbital resonance. Since the loss of Konost, Vytok is the largest Aehiran satellite at a radius of 763.8 kilometers, and the second most massive at 2.3×1021 kilograms (≈0.00039M). Subject to synchronous tidal locking, both SVBU-4816-Va's orbital and rotation periods are approximately 6.4 standard days; due to tidal forces from Nhiran, however, Vytok's rotation and orbital period is slowing by approximately 0.004 standard hours each Galactic Standard Year.

Like virtually all of the Aehiran moons, 4816-Va is stained by tholin deposits, consisting primarily of carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen, and trace amounts of ethane. Due to its close proximity to Aehira and significant orbital resonance and proximity to Nhiran, Vytok is subjected to considerable tidal heating; due to its only partially-differentiated interior - composed mostly of hydrated rock, water ice, hydrogen, and ammonia - this tidal heating has resulted in various levels of cryovolcanism across Vytok's surface, with large, periodic plumes of methane and ammonia ice erupting from its surface - particularly its Nhiran-facing hemisphere. Due to this cryovolcanic active and active radiolysis of carbon ice, Vytok has a tenuously thin atmosphere, composed chiefly of oxygen and nitrogen as an exosphere. This tenuous exosphere, however, exists only in the upper-most layer of 4816-Va's atmosphere, making natural habitability an impossibility.

Vytok was never given much consideration for exploitation during Project SAMADA, largely due to its fluctuating orbital period and cryovolcanism. Water extraction, very briefly, was considered by several smaller enterprises operating in conjunction with Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries, but ultimately dismissed due to the hazards involved outweighing any potential industrial benefit. This has left 4816-Va largely to be un-tapped in development. Even so, academic interest remained until the system's abandonment during the Great Betan Collapse, chiefly with its focus being on the anticipated capture of the significantly smaller Nhiran from Aehiran orbit and into Vytok's own, either as a moon or to form a binary satellite system.

Nhiran
Something of a peculiarity in its orbit of Aehira, SVBU-4816-Vb (otherwise known as "Nhiran") maintains an average semi-major axis of 1,000,302 kilometers (≈0.007 AU), though such has been observed to fluctuate exceptionally wildly due to tidal forces acting upon it from the nearby Aehiran moon of Vytok; furthermore, overall, this average is steadily decreasing, with Nhiran expected to eventually become captured by its neighbor within the next ten to thirty thousand years. At a meager mass of 3.7×1019 kilograms (≈6.1×10-6M) with an equally diminutive radius of merely 201 kilometers, Nhiran is the smallest Aehiran moon by each figure, and the smallest substantial moon in the Isere System. Like Vytok, 4816-Vb is tidally locked synchronously to Aehira, with its orbital and rotation periods each 7.9 standard days in length; like its eternal dance partner, 4816-Va, Nhiran's rotation period is subject to fluctuation brought about by tidal forces.

Nearly thirty percent of Nhiran's overall composition is believed to be constituted, chiefly, of water and carbon dioxide ice interspersed as a composite amalgam with various hydrated silicates and chondrites. Its internal structure is undifferentiated, and composed of similar materials as to its surface, with tidal heating leading to minor levels of cryovolcanism consisting mainly of water ice geysers along its leading-hemisphere upon its closest pass to Vytok. Due to its largely frozen surface, SVBU-4816-Vb is saturated in tholin deposits to an immense degree, even when compared to its fellow Aehiran moons, leading to an exceptionally dark, brown-orange surface appearance; the one marginal exception to this, known as the "Nhiran Eagle" due to its nebulously-avian shape, consists of an abnormally high, predominantly chondrite plateau coated in immensely thick layers of carbon dioxide ice and situated, chiefly, within the northern equatorial latitudes.

Whereas Vytok was given minor considerations for exploitation, Nhiran never received any industrial or commercial considerations during Project SAMADA. Since the abandonment of the Isere System, the moon has periodically been utilized as an organizational point for criminal elements, however, chiefly due to the readily accessible water ice both upon its surface and just beneath it, and how readily such can be exploited for resource collection. Even so, with an even more tenuous-to-non-existent atmosphere when compared even to Vytok, not even hazardous module, temporary settlements were established on the satellite - excusing its overall orbital and surface instability, both due to its proximity to Vytok and the resulting effect of tidal forces upon its geologic structure.

Kovess
To the exclusion of the Konost Vestige, SVBU-4816-Vc - colloquially known as "Kovess" - is the farthest natural satellite of considerable substance from Aehira, orbiting at a semi-major axis of 1,605,544 kilometers (≈0.011 AU). At a mass of 4.8×1021 kilograms (≈0.0008M) and a radius of 733.2 kilometers, Kovess is the most massive, intact Aehiran moon and second largest, being surpassed by Vytok in overall size. Like its satellite siblings, SVBU-4816-Vc is subject to synchronous tidal locking, having an equal orbital and rotation period of 16.1 standard days.

Kovess played a somewhat calamitous history in the development of Project SAMADA, largely due to its surface composition. While superficially not dissimilar to the other Aehiran moons, being composed chiefly of hydrated silicates and chondrites, methane, ethane, carbon dioxide, and other tholins - and with an only partially-differentiated sub-surface structure subject to Aehiran tidal heating (resulting, in turn, in modest cryovolcanism), spectroscopic analysis following the initial catastrophic exploitation of Konost revealed an exceptionally high quantity of the metalloid antimony, as well as what was suspected to be an unknown allotrope of iseridium. On suspicion of the latter, Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries contracted a small prospecting corporation to settle on the surface of Kovess in order to begin research. What was found, according to internal documentation, was astonishing. In a previously-unseen form of mineral leeching, elemental antimony had become bound to iseridium, forming a "white" ore of the unique element, thereafter termed "kovessite." Massive fields of kovessite were uncovered, stretching over significant portions of Kovess in the form of metallic, sharply-white, fractal ridges and mountains.

A small mining settlement, housing approximately three hundred personnel, was soon established on Kovess' surface to extract the previously unseen mineral ore. This settlement, as is customary, included several research modules; it was during such research that calamity struck the settlement. Upon opening a three kilogram sample of kovessite and exposing it to ambient room temperature, a spontaneous, exothermic reaction followed, destroying nearly half of the Draeva-Ishaik settlement and killing eighty-seven personnel. It was uncovered that upon allowing kovessite to heat above 136.443°K (with Kovess' own, ambient temperature never rising above approximately 110°K), massive instability occurred, causing the iseridium bond with its structural antimony to break, resulting spontaneously in an explosive reaction as the antimony transformed into an unstable isotope following the de-coupling process.

Following the "Kovess Outpost 446 Incident," prospecting, mining, and research into kovessite was promptly abandoned by Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries. Due to the periodic danger brought about by its relative proximity to Konost debris, a traffic cordon was placed around SVBU-4816-Vc, as well, and the satellite was formally placed under lock down. Since the abandonment of the Isere System, so, too, has this cordon been dropped, resulting in foolhardy prospectors and criminal elements seeking to exploit the exceptionally dangerous kovessite, either to material or ill-intended ends.

Konost Vestige
Though no longer an intact moon, SVBU-4816-Vd (known colloquially as both the "Konost Vestige" or, simply, the "Veedee") has an approximate semi-major axis (based upon its barycenter) of 5,044,876 kilometers (≈0.03 AU). Before its cataclysmic destruction, Konost was both the most massive and largest moon orbiting Aehira, with an approximate mass of 0.033M and radius of 0.404R. Though Konost debris varies individually, the average orbital period for the primary center of mass of the objects lasts approximately 89.4 standard days; the bulk of SVBU-4816-Vd, loosely, seems to rotate at a completion interval of approximately 1.04 Galactic Standard Years.

The Konost Vestige constitutes a circumplanetary debris field and the visible bulk of Aehira's "ring" complex; formerly a moon, Konost was subjected to shatter-mining (otherwise known as "planet-" or "moon-cracking") by Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries upon the discovery of "violet iseridium" ore - thereafter known as "konostite" - both upon its surface and within its internal structure in significant quantities. While otherwise composed of similar materials as the remaining Aehiran moons - chondrites, silicates, various ices (volatile and water), and tholins - Konost's overall mass was discovered to be composed of (by a significant plurality) iseridium in various allotropes and ore composites, to include the visibly crystalline konostite. As a consequence, Draeva-Ishaik shattered the Aehiran satellite, revealing the largest single concentration of crystalline iseridium outside of Samada itself. What followed was one of the largest mining operations in the Isere System's history.

Draeva-Ishaik, in the shattered remnants - or "vestige" - of Konost established one of its largest extra-Samadan mining operations, out-sizing even the settlement of Jaurkos. Such mining operations were housed within now-abandoned outposts upon the three, largely intact, largest-mass shards of the Vestige, dubbed loosely "Konost-α" (the largest, central fragment), "Konost-β," and "Konost-γ." At its height of operation, immediately preceding the Great Betan Collapse, the Konost Vestige housed nearly sixteen thousand personnel, to include miners, security sub-contractors, transport and freighter operators, and a myriad of logistics personnel. This monumental undertaking was accomplished through an ever-growing series of habitation modules primarily spread-out within the former interior of the shattered Konost, with complimentary logistics modules on its former surface. The tenuous gravitational attraction loosely binding the Vestige's primary shards proved insufficient to the task, resulting in catastrophic shearing of the initial mining modules installed within it. As a consequence, Draeva-Ishaik routinely installed both physical and gravimetric anchors between the three remnants, allowing readily for safe - albeit harrowing - traffic between them through a series of corridors and external gangways.

Even with the modifications made in order to help maintain the Konost Vestige's tentative stability, assignment to it was, according to surviving memorandum, never considered a positive. While the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma shards are, by far, its largest remains, shatter-mining effectively destroyed the planetoid; a "tail" of debris of such size as to circle Aehira stretches-out from the Vestiges' center of mass, periodically raining down terrestrial matter of various sizes - ranging from mere particulate to multi-meter asteroids - back upon Konost's shards. During Project SAMADA, such of was monumental concern - a concern rising to the point that several point-defense turrets were established upon the Vestige in an attempt to inhibit the largest of these asteroids - or, at least, to pulverize them to a size that 4816-Vd's outposts could withstand the subsequent impact. Even with such precautions, however, perforations in the settlement's hull was not uncommon, and atmosphere draining was a risk faced each day. In short: the outpost upon the Konost Vestige was in a constant state of maintenance simply for its inhabitants to survive.

With the Isere System's abandonment, so too was the Vestige's settlement left derelict. Unlike Samada, due to the importance of konostite in what Draeva-Ishaik hoped would be continued terraforming operations elsewhere, the outpost was evacuated during the retreat; as a consequence, its settlement was left remarkably devoid of personal effects, though mining equipment and corporate assets remained littered throughout the settlement. Once the Isere System became occupied by the Rhukhor, mining operations for violet iseridium once again materialized, albeit in a much more haphazard fashion and to unknown ends. These mining operations, however, and despite the Rhukhor's efforts to inhibit and repulse, have been complicated by both the degradation of the Vestige's formerly-abandoned settlement and repeated encroachment and territory seizures by rivals - most notably various contingents of Vahkiran operating within the system that, seemingly desire the valuable element to unknown ends of their own.

Takare //
Sixth planet out from Isere A-B, SVBU-4816-VI, otherwise known as "Takare," is a substantial terrestrial orbiting at a semi-major axis of 39.6 AU. With a mass of 0.96M and a radius of 0.92R, Takare is both of similar mass and size to Ihtol, and only modestly smaller than Samada itself. While SVBU-4816-VI's sidereal rotation period is merely 0.902 Galactic Standard Years, its orbital period of 136.13 Galactic Standard Years qualifies Takare as the lengthiest orbital period of any planetary terrestrial in the Isere System. While Takare has no substantial moon, it does possess several asteroids of significant mass and size in relatively close orbital periods to its surface - the debris of such serving as the primary cause of its crater-pocked surface.

Takare's surface is primarily composed of ammonia-rich silicates and tholin deposits, akin to many of the Isere System's outer planets, with one noteworthy exception: much of SVBU-4816-VI's surface is coated in "seas" of methane and ethane in a plastic crystal structure, further coated with a solid, multi-layered veneer of carbon, nitrogen, and ammonia ice. These "ice-gas seas" are, contrary to their moniker, neither truly liquid nor solid in phase, but are of similar texture, viscosity, and consistency to that of wax. Internally, 4816-VI's structure is believed to be fully differentiated, consisting of the aforementioned lithosphere, followed by a mantle consisting of a slush of hydrated silicates, liquid water, and ice volatiles; its inner core is believed to be rocky and metallic, leading to only weak geologic activity. The relatively large presence of rocky materials implies interior convection powered by radioactive decay, though observation has indicated such is minimal, and only enough to serve as meager compliment to its effectively stationary mantle. SVBU-4816-VI boasts an exceptionally thin atmosphere formed, primarily, from radiolystic oxygen and nitrogen, leading to its faintly blue sheen.

Despite its relatively similar size to both Ihtol and Samada, SVBU-4816-IV was never a candidate for Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries' terraforming operations, largely due to only its tenuous atmosphere, distance from Isere A-B, and that while a suspension of liquid water is present, such is buried deep beneath its crust. At least one outpost, however, was established upon Takare's surface, near its southern polar region. This outpost was operated jointly between Jehei Technologies and Draeva-Ishaik and served as an initial traffic control station for the system's outer orbital region. At its height, this outpost boasted a meager seventy personnel, mostly consisting of support staff and their families, assisting in the maintenance of the outer system's traffic control and monitoring relays. Dependent upon extra-planetary transport and supplies, yet bound to the system due to its vital role in system traffic, the outpost was intended to be one of the final settlements evacuated by Draeva-Ishaik during its withdrawal from the system. The presence of several graves buried into the partially-annealed surface of Takare, however, as well as the remains of numerous persons within the outpost, indicate such never came to pass.

Cetryne //
Most distant and final planet in the Isere System, SVBU-4816-VII ("Cetryne") has a phenomenal semi-major axis of 49.4 AU, marking it as the most distant planet within the Isere System and the proverbial "end" of the same; uniquely, SVBU-4816-VII is the only planet in the Isere System to possess a retrograde orbit, possessing an orbital inclination of 174.64° - a fact which lead Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries personnel to suspect the planet was potentially extra-stellar in origin. Though not to the degree of Aehira, much less Aesis, 4816-VII is a substantial ice giant, with a mass of 20.06M at a radius of 3.41R. At an orbital period of 189.7 Galactic Standard Years, Cetryne's orbital period is the longest in the Isere System; SVBU-4816-VI's sidereal rotation period lasts 16.6 standard hours. The ice giant has one moon of substantial size and mass: Ralyne (SVBU-4816-VIIa).

Unlike the jovians of the Isere System, while Cetryne has a significant presence of hydrogen and helium, it is composed chiefly of ice volatiles with trace titanic compounds. Its upper atmosphere bears the largest concentrations of hydrogen and helium, with its differentiated interior consisting primarily of methane, ethane, ammonia, and water ices. Cetryne's core is believed to be rocky, though unlike Aesis and Aehira, surrounded by a mantle of ice volatiles; SVBU-4816-VII's mass does not support the pressures required to transition hydrogen into a metallic, superfluid phase. Also unlike its distant, inner-system cousins, Cetryne boasts a readily visible ring system comprised mostly of dust, ice, and a relatively low density of rocky debris; this ring complex is divided between two inner rings, a "thin ring" at approximately seventy-five percent of their radius, and an outer ring complex.

Internal, corporate documentation regarding the proposed names of the planets and moons of the Isere System always contain caveats that such were never intended to act as more than mere placeholders, which Draeva-Ishaik Heavy Industries fully intending to auction naming rights to the corporate entities which invested most heavily in any given planet or planetary system. Most such placeholders, in fact, provide no potential origin, and have long been believed to be effectively random. The exceptions to this rule are "Cetryne" and "Ralyne," both of which are accompanied with a simple notation stating "special." Following the system's abandonment, Draeva-Ishaik effectively covered their tracks to the best of their abilities, and deliberately destroyed or obfuscated any records indicating the Isere System even existed as a corporate endeavor, leaving the reasoning for this notation lost to time. Speculation indicates the possibility that such may be the name of an executive's wife and daughter, their children, or even their pets, though such has never been confirmed.

What is known, however, is that for one reason or another, and completely despite the high volume of exploitable volatiles, Cetryne was never subjected to exploitation by Draeva-Ishaik or any other partner within Project SAMADA. Various telemetric relays were installed in its orbit, largely serving in communications or traffic control roles, but no stations were ever erected. No development, in fact, of any substance seems to have ever existed, outside of these isolated, largely logistics-oriented cases. Even internal documentation left behind in the Isere System - largely within still-functioning Jehei Technologies' terminals, winner of the contract to provide integrated networking across much of the system - regarding Cetryne is considerably lax, almost as if, above any other corporate asset, Cetryne was considered a prize.

Ralyne
SVBU-4816-VIIa, also known as "Ralyne," is Cetryne's sole natural satellite of substance, orbiting its parent with a semi-major axis of 564,986 kilometers (≈0.004 AU). For its composition, Ralyne is also relatively mass and large, with its mass of 0.079M sitting at a radius of 0.29R. Synchronously tidally locked, 4816-VIIa's orbital and rotation periods each equal 10.9 standard days.

While indicated as a terrestrial within internal documentation, this is not technically true. Ralyne's surface crust is composed, nearly by half its mass, of nitrogen ice; the remainder of its crust is composed of dry ice, water ice, and tholin deposits interspersed with trace amounts of hydrated silicates. SVBU-4816-VIIa's interior is highly differentiated, with its mantle consisting primarily of liquid and water ice; its core is believed to be composed mostly of rock and metal at sufficient densities to support convective heating via radioactive decay which, in combination with tidal heating caused by Cetryne's gravitational pull, leads to sufficient, sub-surface oceans. This combination of radioactive and tidal heating, further, results in significant cryovolcanic activity across 4816-VIIa's surface; unique to Ralyne's cryovolcanism, relative to outer system planetoids subject to the same, is the composition of its cryovolcanic plumes: often dark brown-red to black in color, 4816-VIIa regularly spews water ice, liquid water, and nitrogen interspersed with tholins and, most significantly, unicellular archaea.

Possessing only a tenuous atmosphere composed chiefly of nitrogen, these unicellular organisms - based on internal documentation of repeated surveys - invariably die upon Ralyne's surface, both due to unbearable temperature extremes and radiation bombardment; even so, beneath its surface, liquid oceans appear to serve as an ample living environment for the Ralyne archaea. While its parent, Cetryne, did not experience industrial exploitation - and neither did Ralyne - SVBU-4816-VIIa was home to several research outposts upon its surface, and several at considerable subterranean depths, carved directly into its icy lithosphere. Based upon corporate documentation, though most of these outposts were small in composition, never housing more than fifty personnel, there was one notable exception: known simply as the "Ralyne Research Compound," or "R.C.C.," an outpost which, at its height, housed nearly one thousand personnel, was installed in the equatorial region of Ralyne. This settlement bore sufficiently deep into 4816-VIIa's crust as to gain borehole access to its mantle before the Isere System was ultimately abandoned.

It is not known if the Ralyne Research Compound uncovered anything worthy of note beneath 4816-VIIa's surface, as shortly thereafter the Great Betan Collapse forced the abandonment of the Isere System. Unlike Samada, Takare, and other installations in the system, the Compound appears to have been evacuated, with virtually all of its contents and corporate assets removed - sans the surface and sub-surface habitation modules themselves.

Rhukhor Havakhund
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhukhor Havakhund » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:43 pm

As Samada's overall purpose is to continually evolve and grow, permitted contributors are welcome to submit various dossiers of information involving the system, its constituent parties, characters involved or related to it, locations within the Isere System (and its myriad planets and moons), and the history of the Isere System itself. These dossiers will be listed below, alphabetically within their appropriate sub-heading category. Similarly, a number of templates have been crafted for contributors to utilize in order to help maintain the overall aesthetic of the project; if you do not wish to use a template exactly as contained, feel free to edit such or leave portions blank if you intend to return to them, though it is asked you maintain usage of, at least, the primary headings and overall post formatting. Likewise, please do not submit a dossier that lacks its primary component - be that a biography, description, or outline of the historical event; incomplete factfiles are acceptable.

Regardless of whether you use a template wholesale or edit such, please utilize the "Post Preview" function and assure your formatting appears proper before posting. If you have any questions, or would like a template made for you for use in this thread, please contact the OP of this thread through the standard means. Please note: these templates are not intended for utilization outside of this thread.

Dramatis Personæ //
Factions & Organizations //
Historical Events //
Locations //
Miscellaneous //
Dossier Templates //
The template codes below are for use in this thread. Wherever an entry contains "ALL CAPS," replace with your own input; if any entry contains "Lower Case" or "full lower case," replace or leave as applicable (such as leaving the system and quadrant names, the "kg" and "cm" measurements, etc.). If the entry is purely descriptive and in "ALL CAPS," such is intended to assist purely in defining what information the entry is intended to contain wherever some ambiguity may be present. In certain circumstances - namely for dates - "GSY," or "Galactic Standard Year" may be specified as required; to calculate this date, simply utilize the current real-world year format, but adding stylized "fluff." For example, "2019" becomes "20.0019"; "1960" becomes "19.0600"; and "1995" becomes "19.9500." As you can see, each third of a century has a different placement within the "GSY style." The full date for the completion of this thread, for example, is rendered as "01-11-20.0019" (January 11, 2019).

Of course, if you do not wish to fill out a given section, please either leave it blank or fill the field with “—“ (Alt+0151). If you do not use all list items, please remove the “— #” and associated tab-formatting; conversely, if you use more, please use the same formatting for additional list items.

If the dossier you intend to create does not fit one of the pre-fabricated templates, feel free to request a template be made or utilize the "General Template." If you wish for additions to any pre-fabricated template to be made, please feel free to request such. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the OP of this thread via the standard means.

Dramatis Personæ
Code: Select all
[blocktext][align=justify][tab=10][/tab][size=120][b][color=#a50e01]SURNAME/MONIKER, GIVEN NAME[/color] //[/b][/size]
[tab=10][/tab][size=85][color=#646464]GENDER, AGE; FACTION/ORGANIZATION, OCCUPATION/TITLE[/color][/size]
[hr][/hr][box][spoiler=FACTFILE][size=110][b][i][color=#800000]Basic Information[/color][/i] //[/b][/size]
[b]Given Name:[/b]
[b]Surname/Family Name:[/b]
[b]Organization(s)/Faction(s):[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[hr][/hr][size=110][b][i][color=#800000]Physical Characteristics[/color][/i] //[/b][/size]
[b]General Description:[/b]
[b]Image:[/b] IF APPLICABLE; LINK ONLY
[b]Height & Weight:[/b] # kg; # cm
[b]Hair & Eye Color:[/b] HAIR COLOR; EYE COLOR
[b]Skin Color:[/b]
[b]Identifying Marks/Features:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[hr][/hr][size=110][b][i][color=#800000]Family History[/color][/i] //[/b][/size]
[b]Birthplace:[/b]
[b]Date-of-Birth:[/b] IN GSY
[b]Date-of-Death:[/b] IN GSY IF APPLICABLE
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Biological Father:[/b]
[b]Biological Mother:[/b]
[b]Sibling(s):[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Friends & Associates:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Enemies:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[hr][/hr][size=110][b][i][color=#800000]Social & Economic History[/color][/i] //[/b][/size]
[b]Affiliation(s)/Allegiance:[/b] EITHER ORGANIZATION/FACTION OR STAR-STATE
[b]Social Class/Caste/Position:[/b]
[b]Current Occupation/Role:[/b]
[b]Occupational History:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Current Residence:[/b]
[b]Previous Residence(s):[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Criminal Record:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #[/spoiler][/box][hr][/hr]BIOGRAPHY[/align][/blocktext]

Factions & Organizations
[blocktext][align=justify][tab=10][/tab][size=120][b][color=#a50e01]FACTION/ORGANIZATION NAME[/color] //[/b][/size]
[tab=10][/tab][size=85][color=#646464]FACTION/ORGANIZATION TYPE; "SUBSIDIARY OF" NAME OR INDEPENDENT[/color][/size]
[hr][/hr][box][spoiler=FACTFILE][size=110][b][i][color=#800000]General Information[/color][/i] //[/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Date Established:[/b] IN GSY
[b]Date Dissolved:[/B] IN GSY IF APPLICABLE; LIST AS "Extant" IF NOT APPLICABLE
[b]Type:[/b] CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE/GANG/GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY/NATIVE ASSOCIATION/ETC.
[b]Summarized Overview:[/b]
[hr][/hr][size=110][b][i][color=#800000]Political & Economic Information[/color][/i] //[/b][/size]
[b]Subsidiary Of:[/b] EITHER A GREATER ORGANIZATION THIS FACTION/ORG IS A PART OF, OR SIMPLY LIST "Independent"
[b]Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Constituent Organizations:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Primary Activities:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Revenue Sources:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Primary Location(s):[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Allied Parties:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Neutral Parties:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[b]Hostile Parties:[/b]
[tab=10][/tab]— #
[tab=10][/tab]— #[/spoiler][/box][hr][/hr]DESCRIPTION & HISTORY[/align][/blocktext]

Historical Events
[blocktext][align=justify][tab=10][/tab][size=120][b][color=#a50e01]NAME OF HISTORICAL EVENT[/color] //[/b][/size]
[tab=10][/tab][size=85][color=#646464]PRIMARY LOCATION; DATE-BEGIN AND DATE-END IN GSY[/color][/size]
[hr][/hr]DESCRIPTION[/align][/blocktext]

Locations
[blocktext][align=justify][tab=10][/tab][size=120][b][color=#a50e01]NAME OF LOCATION[/color] //[/b][/size]
[tab=10][/tab][size=85][color=#646464]PRECISE LOCATION, MOON AS APPLICABLE, PLANET AS APPLICABLE, Isere System, Beta Quadrant[/color][/size]
[hr][/hr][box][spoiler=FACTFILE][size=110][b][i][color=#800000]General Information[/color][/i] //[/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Date Established:[/b] IN GSY
[b]Date Abandoned:[/b] IN GSY AS APPLICABLE OR JUST LIST AS "Extant"
[b]Precise Location:[/b] INCLUDE LOCATION IT IS A PART OF, MOON, AND PLANET AS APPLICABLE
[b]Owner/Operator:[/b] EITHER A FACTION/ORGANIZATION OR A CHARACTER/SET OF CHARACTERS
[b]Summarized Overview:[/b][/spoiler][/box][hr][/hr]DESCRIPTION & HISTORY[/align][/blocktext]

General Template
[blocktext][align=justify][tab=10][/tab][size=120][b][color=#a50e01]PRIMARY HEADING[/color] //[/b][/size]
[tab=10][/tab][size=85][color=#646464]SUB-HEADING(S)[/color][/size]
[hr][/hr]DESCRIPTION & HISTORY[/align][/blocktext]
Last edited by Rhukhor Havakhund on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhukhor Havakhund
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhukhor Havakhund » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Return to Factbooks and National Information