NATION

PASSWORD

YN Stance on the UN Migration Pact

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Keramos
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

YN Stance on the UN Migration Pact

Postby Keramos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 am

The Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration is a "intergovernmentally negotiated agreement, prepared under the auspices of the United Nations" designed to cover all aspects of migration, and is to be adopted in Morocco the 10th to the 11th of December 2018. The Global Compact is not an international treaty, and it will not be formally binding under international law. However, as similar U.N. agreements, it is a politically binding commitment. The US, Australia, Israel, and 8 other countries have refused to sign it, and many other countries may join them. The pact has received support from many who claim it will "make migration safer" for economic immigrants and refugees, while many have criticised it for eroding sovereignty, legalising "mass migration", being "anti-democratic", and criminalising legitimate criticisms of immigration.

The Government of Keramos, following a 97-53 vote in the National Assembly against signing the compact, has officially refused to attend the Morocco summit, with Prime Minister Iordanis Floros saying that it "hands over our country to foreigners, destroying the rule of law." and President Nicolas Livas condemning the pact as an "evil plan by the international elite to flood Europe with cheap migrants and replace European peoples." Georgios Contos, leader of the opposition, supported the pact as a way for "Keramos to welcome new talent from abroad", and he rejected the government's stance as that of "xenophobic, backwards isolationism."

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:39 am

The Crown will only accept migrants in accordance with the law of the realm. The law requires that migrants meet certain religious, cultural, class and ideological criteria suitable for integration into regular society. Nortan jurisprudence recognises the unique relationship between Sovereign and alien wherein allegiance is demanded of the alien to the Sovereign. Excercising the Royal prerogative of expulsion, all illegal migrants discovered by the Crown will be deported. Therefore, given that paragraph sixteen of the Global Compact is at odds with the Crown's stance, His Majesty's Government does not accept, agree to or recognise the 'Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration'.
Last edited by Great Nortend on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Federation-of Malaysia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Federation-of Malaysia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:49 am

Malaysia currently has no plans to sign the Global Compact for Migration and to attend the signing in Marrakesh, Morroco. However, it is noted that Malaysia will be following the developments on this matter and we might make a decision on this matter in the near future.
Rahmat bahagia, tuhan kurniakan,
Raja kita, selamat bertakhta

RP Name: Malaysia

NS Stats are not used

Ramly burger do be good tho

M A L A Y S I A, 31/8/57

UnitedStatesof-America
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesof-America » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 am

In a secret speech delivered to his close Republican circles, President Donald Trump cited that:

"This pact is really wrong! We can't risk signing this or else the mainstream media and the Democrats will make a fuss once they accuse us of 'Breaking the pact', I mean basically we've gotta protect our borders and sovereignty and I support only legal immigration, not illegal immigration!" - Donald Trump
MERICA, FUCK YEAH

IC Name: The United States of America

NSstats are wrong!

The USA of America
Envoy

Founded: Apr 27, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The USA of America » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 am

ImageImage:
President Donald J Trump.
Conservative Republican Nationalist Party.
USA Council of Ministers.
The Democratic Republic of The USA of America.

I am against the UN Migration Pact and I recently withdrew the USA from all international treaties and organizations except for the RWUN which all nations ignore when they want too. Especially those dealing with immigration and refugees, we will respect all international treaties on a case by case basis based on my calculated national interests, I mean our calculated national interests.

No international organizations will tell our nation what laws to pass, what laws not to pass and how to pass them, contrary to our national democratic will and interests.

President Donald J Trump - The USA of America.
lol. I will never take any fellow nation before the Mod Gods and our Almighty Goddess Violet for any reasons even if it is against me I don't tell any fellow nation what to post what not to post and how to post it especially on their thread any threads Demanded I change my posts to fit their political views Not even the RPs are safe anymore that is sad very sad. No I am not a saint and I am not perfect, only God is perfect, I choose to ignore as allowed under NS Rules. But I keep at least one of my nations on the Mod Forums just in case I have to defend myself from being accused unfairly again I check it every few minutes just to get it over with as soon as possible I am that paranoid We don't use NS Stats We hate NS Stats but we will index RL Stats to NS Stats when we have too. lol.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Whatever, we don't have border control and let anyone in anyway. For good folks we got jobs, and for terrorists, we got bullets. We belive, that anyone regardless of nationality can join our cause.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Rezmaeristan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezmaeristan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Rezmaeristan will wipe its collective t'tem with your Migration Pact. :p :lol2:
Last edited by Rezmaeristan on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro:Cultural Nationalism, Traditionalism, Workers' Rights, Fascism, Legal Equality, Limited Immigration, Environment
Anti:Capitalism, Communism, Globalism, Progressivism, Mass Immigration, Imperialism, Equality of Outcome,
Rezmaeristan mostly represents my views, but in some ways represents stereotypes of fascist countries.
A South-Central Asian national syndicalist elected monarchy, isolated by mountains and deserts.
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
"Neither left, nor right, nor even center" - Official position of the Mouvement Populaire de la Revolution

I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family
Forum posts are non-canon if they conflict with the Factbook.
Accidental policies: No Sports

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 pm

The Monarchy will send its representatives to the Morocco summit to discuss the Pact in more detail. It is still deliberating whether it will sign it or not due to some objections, chief of which is Objective 17. Aside from that, the pact's general aim of streamlining the disparate processes of migration to sovereign entities is praised.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:59 pm

"The Imperial Throne of Stannismarck will oversee the immigration process through Imperial-owned, regional initiatives and private charities. It is not to the best interest of those crossing over, nor for those whom are crossed into, to support this Migration Pact by any means."

-Anders Zimran, Speaker for the Federal Council.

"The United Nations organization of Earth 5422411-CCFC passed a similar bill into action, but it was met by severe discontent and opposition from memberstates. As King of Walachya and Emperor of Berhakonia, I will ensure that no such legislation strikes its nasty tendrils into our proud peoples."

-Emperor Janius XIV Chrysostom
A Confederation of Clans in Fealty to the Imperial Throne of Gobul
"There are foolish leaders who believe their subjects as lessers to be subjugated, and there are wise leaders who understand that they are their subjects are one in the same."
-Asrau Arslan XIV Jangpavalgan
Brotherhood, Tradition, Charity

Arayas
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arayas » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:03 pm

A disgusting implementation of the Kalergi plan and crime against every sovereign nation in the world.

Another example of why the UN must cease to exist.
Last edited by Arayas on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Fascism was born to inspire a faith not of the Right (which at bottom aspires to conserve everything, even injustice) or of the Left (which at bottom aspires to destroy everything, even goodness), but a collective, integral, national faith.”— José Antonio Primo de Rivera

Scarlatania
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Scarlatania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Scarlatania recognizes no such pact and regards it as a revision of refugee law for the express purpose of destroying distinct cultures and nations.

Fostoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fostoria » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:27 pm

"Disgusting..." -Grand Chancellor Zakaria

Wasn't even taken to a vote in Parliament. Fostoria prefers its alliance with a subordinate Arab state than having culturally opposite migrants flood its cities

Berlin Germany
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Berlin Germany » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:27 am

Image:
German Chacellor Angela Merkel.

European Union States should sign the UN Migration Pact and accept the yearly EU immigration quotas assigned to them, if they want to continue to receive EU Funds from Germany and France.

Berlin Germany.
lol. I will never take any fellow nation before the Mod Gods and our Almighty Goddess Violet for any reasons, not even if it is against me. No I am not a saint and I am not perfect, only God is perfect. I choose to ignore as allowed under NS rules. I will never tell a fellow nation what to post, what not to post and how to post it, as was demanded of me, how dare I. Not even the RPs are safe anymore, that is sad, very sad. I am an RP addict with real world nations, leaders and statistics. We don't use NS stats we hate NS Stats, but we will index RL stats to NS stats when needed. lol.

Budapest Hungary
Secretary

Founded: Apr 19, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Budapest Hungary » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:20 pm

lol, "Image:
German Chacellor Angela Merkel.

European Union States should sign the UN Migration Pact and accept the yearly EU immigration quotas assigned to them, if they want to continue to receive EU Funds from Germany and France.

Berlin Germany."

Image:
Prime Minister Viktor Orbán of Budapest Hungary.

We are not The United States of Europe, we are The Union of European Nations. EU funds are to develop the EU nations, increasing exports, imports and profits $ between our nations, not an immigration stick to punish our people with.

Asylum is being abused all over the world as an excuse for open borders illegal and legal immigration.

The UN Migration Pact should concentrate on international cooperation to develop all nations so that legal and illegal migrants dont feel a need, a right or economic privilege to emigrate to other nations, while increasing exports, imports and profits $ between all nations.

Image:
Protect our Nation.
Hungary for the Hungarians,
Ethnic Homelands for Homelanders,
Europe for Europeans.
Prime Minister Viktor Orbán.
Democratic Kingdom Republic of Budapest Hungary.
lol. I will never take any fellow nation before the Mod Gods and our Almighty Goddess Violet for any reasons, not even if it is against me. No I am not a saint and I am not perfect, only God is perfect. I choose to ignore as allowed under NS rules. I will never tell a fellow nation what to post, what not to post and how to post it, as was demanded of me, how dare I. Not even the RPs are safe anymore, that is sad, very sad. I am an RP addict with real world nations, leaders and statistics. We don't use NS stats we hate NS Stats, but we will index RL stats to NS stats when needed. lol.

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Considering what the UN turned into in our universe, I'd say no.

Rp Genosha
Attaché

Founded: Oct 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rp Genosha » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 am

The Republic of Genosha will not sign the Global Compact on Migration in Marrakesh, Morocco. This does not address the underlying issues that this migration crisis is borne from. Many nations who have supported this bill are complicit in the conflicts that displace millions of people, and do little to nothing to assist. We are also quite restrictive in non mutant migration for a reason. Our nation is near capacity on its own. It is clear that the intention of this bill is not based in reality, or is considered a grandiose statement to appease the people.
The Republic of Genosha | Jamhuuriyadda Jenoosha
———
——————
Genosha, a Parliamentary Republic in East Africa, is often referred to as the Singapore of Africa. I completely disavow my pre 2020 posts. This is a regular non mutant country removed from marvel, and is is set in the HITMAN universe.
President: Sasha Ryan (GLP)
Prime Minister: Magan Gurxan (SDA)
BNG:

Mioktopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mioktopia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:31 am

We hate anything to do with the UN (They kicked us out and invaded us!) so we refuse.
Last edited by Mioktopia on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just an idiot who loves history and Bears (I'm not a furry I swear)

Adstravia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Adstravia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:35 am

Israel and the USA disapproves? Then we approve! Party hard like 2000, comrades! Red star Adstravia, ultra-communist clan! We'll sign it, because this is compatible to our national policy.
Last edited by Adstravia on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fascist PRUESSENS
Attaché

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist PRUESSENS » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:45 am

We will only accept as long as it's from our neighbors

-Kaiser Wilhelm III
a

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information