NATION

PASSWORD

Q&A of Las Palmeras

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Q&A of Las Palmeras

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:58 am

Because I've seen other players of F7 do it before, like Valentine Z, the Fox Shogunate, Gandoor and others do it and because I like answering things.

This factbook will be opened with the hopes that people ask questions about the nature of things -society, culture, religion, politics, daily life, neko biology, etc.- within Las Palmeras and are open to all; be it if they want to have their curiosity sated or if the Factbooks aren't clear enough for them. Though you can ask about hypothetical scenarios, please bear in mind that all replies will be in tune with a more-or-less MT settings' understanding and things that don't seem believable in our setting could get scoffed at.

Who will answer the questions will be an anonymous paperwork-slave from an undisclosed ministry of the Palmeran government with a magically powerful security-clearance. Questions deemed "too personal" could be ignored but OOC questions about how I do this or that with my nation are valid. Results, idiosyncrasies and terminology may vary...

LET THE QUESTIONS BEGIN!
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Infernia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Infernia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:41 am

"What is the general populous' opinion of Nekos living internationally?
Do Nekos living internationally travel to Las Palmeras like pilgrimages?"
- Infernian Minister of Culture Victor Vita
The United Principalities of Infernia
Overview | The President | Embassy Programme | I’m A Proud Bisexual

"We Are What We Are"

Advocatus Diaboli: Entire Nation Rejoices In The Commencement Of Pride Month  Man Who Lost Arm By Plunging It Into Lava Complacently Refuses To Describe What Lava Feels Like  The Weather: Bright

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Infernia wrote:"What is the general populous' opinion of Nekos living internationally?
Do Nekos living internationally travel to Las Palmeras like pilgrimages?"
- Infernian Minister of Culture Victor Vita

TO Victor Vita, OF Infernia:
"As a backround, Neko only live in Las Palmeras as a majority and in our sister nation of Koshkaya. So, we, neko or part-neko people are the general populace. The average Koshkayan lacks the purchasing power to immigrate elsewhere and when they do, they tend to be seasonal workers or illegal immigrants in Japan. Neko also live in Spain and parts of Austria and Germany but they've been bought there since Carlos I/Karl V wanted some for his courts. They've mixed too much with humans there and their culture is distinct.
To the 1st question; most people don't mind them and immigration of that disapora and of Koshkayans to our nation would be made easier. However as a global minority, we should stick together and be wary of humans who haven't been culturalized by us. Humans are likely very lustful of us and don't take us seriously so its dangerous to be a minority. One must act tough and maintain face abroad.
2nd; some do. Foreign neko do it mainly for cultural tourism. Palmeran emigrants, though few, tend to travel for mortuary purposes for ancestor worship and -if posthumous remains are involved- (according to popular religion) their spirits join their ancestors to become nature "gods".

- Ms. Etc of the Cosmic Cat Initiative in the Ministry of "[…]"
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.

Greater Satanic Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Satanic Leviathan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:41 pm

What do you think about Satan?

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:55 pm

TO Greater Satanic Leviathan
"Who? What? The Hockey player? The Russian ICBM system? I know we'd want some of those as a deterrence system, that'd be great for National Security. Oh! The...European pagan goat-man thing that was appropriated as the Christian boogeyman for their Manichean world views of good and evil.

I wouldn't know, there hasn't been a survey of that that I know of. I guess practicing Christians would view Satan as however the...eh...Christian norms view him. Uh, I haven't been to Sunday School in a long time. But even practicing Christians here tend to have a lot of 'folk' views involved. It has to be said that the pre-Hispanic religions here had no sense of 'good' and 'evil', just 'benevolent' and 'malevolent' acts of the supernatural. So sympathetic magic is a thing...anthropologically speaking.

Now if your question is 'Is Satanism a thing here' than the answer is probably no..."

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:06 am

Since you claimed that the population of your country are stuck in a 1000 year loop.Is there any end to it????
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am

TO Bengal and Assam
Bengal and Assam wrote:Since you claimed that the population of your country are stuck in a 1000 year loop.Is there any end to it????

"The...there is a rumor that in 1947 a spacecraft crash-landed on Earth, belonging to a certain Grand Celestial Domain, who have -among other things- claimed they created what we know nowadays as "neko".

However they claim that from what appears to be beyond the 4th or 5th Millennium on the consideration they're telling the truth: this implies that at some point in the future China becomes a major hegemonic power on our Earth, that this Domain is formed in the Americas and that they make the neko and for whatever reason or another send them -our supposed ancestors- into the past...crash-landing in the Palmeran Isles and Japan some 15,000 years ago. This hypothesis contradicts the idea that travelling back in time breaks the Laws of Physics as we know it. And it may as well be an American disinformation campaign to fuel UFO lore and some ideas pertaining to the origins of our people.

Though there is a...project...to uncover long-lost neko artifacts, public disclosure is limited. However it can be said that cutting-edge tech has been developed by many visionaries in our nation and that China is a major partner of ours. *Cough cough*"

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 am

*sign language*
"Greetings, today I am here to discuss about a generic topic, hence my message is not encrypted."
"How is the public opinion on people with disability? Do the public and the private sectors provide accessibility for them? (i.e. wheelchair-accessible buildings, Braille, sign language) How well does your medical technology help to relieve or cure such disability? How is their employment prospective in your country?"
"Thank you for your time."

- Christov Kirillovich Pereverzev, Director of the Oprichnina
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:21 am

TO: Mr. Pereverzev of Zitravgrad

"Hmm...I don't know much about this theme, I don't think there's a sufficient survey when it comes to the first question. Some people probably see the disabled as a burden, but others see compassion...in any case, I highly doubt anybody here would propose something like Aktion T-4. Furthermore the tradition of Catholic corporatism has ingrained in many the belief that everybody has representation in some sense or another -so the disabled are inseparable from the rest of society- care of the disabled has always been the norm, willingly or begrudgingly. Granted, that was a time in which ecclesiastical charity handled things and not federal health-aid programs or social welfare, though the mentality remains.

On the second though, yes, public spaces have to provide accessibility to the wheelchair-bound and braille and sound language are not uncommon and private structures are obliged to provide these spaces too. However our kind -neko- don't suffer as much when it comes to a lack of sight as the hairs on our tails can sense motion and objects. You could say its an organic walking stick.

Our medical technology is on par with the rest of the developed world and in that regard it can only ease the difficulties of those who are already disabled; our biggest minds have the tendency to think that in the near-future cybernetic enhancements and nano-medicine could enhance our organic selves.

It depends on the industry in question; however the telephone service sector and office jobs tend to be promising for them...hope that resolved your query."

- Ms. Etc of the Cosmic Cat Initiative in the Ministry of "[…]
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information