NATION

PASSWORD

F&NI General Help Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Petroli
Attaché

Founded: Sep 22, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Petroli » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:20 pm

Im sure that somebody has already asked this question, but I forgot the how, How do I put an image into my factbook?
Local cheese loving, MT Nation.

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:22 pm

Petroli wrote:Im sure that somebody has already asked this question, but I forgot the how, How do I put an image into my factbook?

Use the [img] tags. You'll need to have your image hosted on an approved hosting service now (such as imgur).

Code: Select all
[img][/img]

If you're feeling brave you also look at doing things like creating a [box] around the image or using [floatright] to keep it to the side - if you're feeling brave.
Last edited by Tangatarehua on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Mountains and Volcanoes
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Civilization Index Questions?

Postby Mountains and Volcanoes » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:19 pm

Where should I ask concerning everyone’s CVIs?
  • (As in: which Forum is appropriate)
Last edited by Mountains and Volcanoes on Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:54 pm

Mountains and Volcanoes wrote:Where should I ask concerning everyone’s CVIs?

Chemical-terrorism vulnerability? Climate vulnerability? This forum, but you'd be hardpressed to make it a full thread I would think, especially the former. The latter possibly has a lot to talk about but keep in mind we expect the OPs of new threads to be pretty beefy. I know the enforcement of this is spotty but you don't want to end up being the thread that gets swept up.

Mountains and Volcanoes
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Ask For Clarification: A New Thread or An Existing One?

Postby Mountains and Volcanoes » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:25 pm

Santheres wrote:
Mountains and Volcanoes wrote:
Where should I ask concerning everyone’s CVIs?
Chemical-terrorism vulnerability? Climate vulnerability?
CVI = Civilization Index
This forum, but you'd be hardpressed to make it a full thread I would think, especially the former. The latter possibly has a lot to talk about but keep in mind we expect the OPs of new threads to be pretty beefy. I know the enforcement of this is spotty but you don't want to end up being the thread that gets swept up.
I want to kinda ask: About Levels of Civilization (Ranking), you know strength and all.
Last edited by Mountains and Volcanoes on Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Icy Wind
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 23, 2022
Libertarian Police State

Postby Icy Wind » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:08 pm

Can anyone review/rate my national factbooks and suggest where it can be improved?

Juansonia
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Juansonia » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:41 pm

Mountains and Volcanoes wrote:
Santheres wrote:Chemical-terrorism vulnerability? Climate vulnerability?
CVI = Civilization Index
This forum, but you'd be hardpressed to make it a full thread I would think, especially the former. The latter possibly has a lot to talk about but keep in mind we expect the OPs of new threads to be pretty beefy. I know the enforcement of this is spotty but you don't want to end up being the thread that gets swept up.
I want to kinda ask: About Levels of Civilization (Ranking), you know strength and all.

If it's an existing index(scoring system), use that index's thread. If you're making your own index, make your own thread. Seems like a F&NI matter anyways.
Last edited by Juansonia on Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatsune Miku > British Imperialism
IC: MT if you ignore some stuff(mostly flavor), stats are not canon. Embassy link.
OOC: Owns and (sometimes) wears a maid outfit, wants to pair it with a FN SCAR-L. He/Him/His
Kernen did nothing wrong.
Space Squid wrote:Each sin should get it's own month.

Right now, Pride gets June, and Greed, Envy, and Gluttony have to share Thanksgiving/Black Friday through Christmas, Sloth gets one day in September, and Lust gets one day in February.

It's not equitable at all
Gandoor wrote:Cliché: A mod making a reply that's full of swearing after someone asks if you're allowed to swear on this site.

It makes me chuckle every time it happens.
Brits mistake Miku for their Anthem

Vragda
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 14, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Vragda » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:58 am

I will create a map of my nation. However, NS does not take place on a particular Earth and the boundaries are very complex. How will I determine my map?

New Treyland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Treyland » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:56 am

Does anyone have a template for a news website-style factbook?
Last edited by New Treyland on Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willink
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2005
Anarchy

Postby Willink » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:13 pm

Vragda wrote:I will create a map of my nation. However, NS does not take place on a particular Earth and the boundaries are very complex. How will I determine my map?

I generated mine using Fractal terrains like twelve years ago then traced in MSPaint.
Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis

Unjustly Deleted

Name 0
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Name 0 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:48 pm

Hello.

Wish For Love And Peace
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wish For Love And Peace » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:11 pm

Good day.

I was wondering if and where I might post about the scheduled mass deletion of images on 'imgur'.
Would this be considered relevant enough to open a thread?

I have noticed that quite a number of factbooks include images from that site. Unfortunately, they will be deleting images not associated with an account on May 15th. Thus, I hope nations might be able to save their media in time.

Thank you for your time!
Wish
Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
Till you find your dream
A dream that will need
All the love you can give
Every day of your life
For as long as you live

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:26 pm

Wish For Love And Peace wrote:Good day.

I was wondering if and where I might post about the scheduled mass deletion of images on 'imgur'.
Would this be considered relevant enough to open a thread?

I have noticed that quite a number of factbooks include images from that site. Unfortunately, they will be deleting images not associated with an account on May 15th. Thus, I hope nations might be able to save their media in time.

Thank you for your time!
Wish

Try General

Kaiserholt
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kaiserholt » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:10 pm

Didn't want to clutter up the F&NI board with unnecessary new threads, so I though I would ask this of the wise leaders of the forum. About a year ago, I got onto World Anvil to organize my nations, and after a year I am close to publishing several of the articles.

My question is what are the NS policies regarding links to my WA articles? Does the NS URL function accept World Anvil links? Is it allowed to do so? Can they only be read if you're also a member of World Anvil? Is there opposite the same, are NS links accepted on World Anvil articles?

My apologies if this is not the forum for these questions, and thank you for reading this comment.
"Hello, Masaki home. Oh, that sounds like if I were married to the family. How embarrassing. What do you think? Do you think it sounds that way?"

"I have been many things in my life, Mollari. I have been silly. I have been quiet when I should have spoken. I have been foolish. And I have wasted far too much time. But I am still Centauri. And I am not afraid."

"You are elevating futility to a high art. There is nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality."

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:11 am

Kaiserholt wrote:Didn't want to clutter up the F&NI board with unnecessary new threads, so I though I would ask this of the wise leaders of the forum. About a year ago, I got onto World Anvil to organize my nations, and after a year I am close to publishing several of the articles.

My question is what are the NS policies regarding links to my WA articles? Does the NS URL function accept World Anvil links? Is it allowed to do so? Can they only be read if you're also a member of World Anvil? Is there opposite the same, are NS links accepted on World Anvil articles?

My apologies if this is not the forum for these questions, and thank you for reading this comment.

World Anvil should be fine, try linking an article here as a test, or in a factbook or something.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Senex city
Civilian

Founded: Oct 14, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Senex city » Mon May 01, 2023 8:34 am

:blush:

Kaiserholt
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kaiserholt » Wed May 03, 2023 6:23 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Kaiserholt wrote:Didn't want to clutter up the F&NI board with unnecessary new threads, so I though I would ask this of the wise leaders of the forum. About a year ago, I got onto World Anvil to organize my nations, and after a year I am close to publishing several of the articles.

World Anvil should be fine, try linking an article here as a test, or in a factbook or something.

Here goes a try.

Universal Temple of the Olympian Apostasy
"Hello, Masaki home. Oh, that sounds like if I were married to the family. How embarrassing. What do you think? Do you think it sounds that way?"

"I have been many things in my life, Mollari. I have been silly. I have been quiet when I should have spoken. I have been foolish. And I have wasted far too much time. But I am still Centauri. And I am not afraid."

"You are elevating futility to a high art. There is nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality."

Thingessness
Civilian

Founded: Mar 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

this sucks

Postby Thingessness » Thu May 04, 2023 4:37 am

this sucks

Kaskalma
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 03, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaskalma » Mon May 08, 2023 4:17 am

I need some help, I’ve been messing with this factbook for a while and can’t make it work. I’m trying to eliminate the space between the logo and the search bar but I can’t figure out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ivelboria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2015

Postby Ivelboria » Mon May 08, 2023 4:29 am

Kaskalma wrote:I need some help, I’ve been messing with this factbook for a while and can’t make it work. I’m trying to eliminate the space between the logo and the search bar but I can’t figure out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm assuming you want the search bar to be on the right hand side? If that's the case you could try using a plain table.

[background-block=black]
[table=plain][tr][td][anchor=top][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kaskalma/detail=factbook/id=1802517][img]https://i.imgur.com/samlwag.png[/img][/url][/anchor][/td][td][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kaskalma/detail=factbook/id=1728526][img]https://i.postimg.cc/HsgP9Zsc/D5367870-C013-4442-9659-0708221-A25-CF.png[/img][/url][/td][/tr][/table][color=yellow][size=130]
[hr][table=plain][tr][td]Overview[/td][td]Government[/td][td]Economy[/td][td]Armed Forces[/td][td]History[/td][/tr][/table][/size][/color]
[/background-block]
The Neviersian Federation ✩ De Fédération Neviersien
In Neviersia, your hard-earned tax money funds countryball art, endless paperwork, "free" healthcare and gawd-awful humour. Even the countryballs need therapy. What's not to love?
GOV.NE | About Neviersia | Wikipedia | Politics | States & Territories | Cities
- Born and bred in good ol' Yorkshire.
- I know my nation is called Ivelboria but I was too lazy to make a new nation. :P
- Chronic workaholic who keeps making factbooks...
- NS stats not used.
- The stars on my flag can spin either way.. :P
Economic: 0.63 (2016), 1.0 (2019), -0.63 (2021), -1.88 (2022)
Social: 0.97 (2016), -2.97 (2019), -3.28 (2021), -0.72 (2022)

1/5/21: Started using the GIF flag. For 3/4 years before that I used this one.

Spoilerception? Here's how!

Kaskalma
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaskalma » Mon May 08, 2023 6:23 am

Ivelboria wrote:
Kaskalma wrote:I need some help, I’ve been messing with this factbook for a while and can’t make it work. I’m trying to eliminate the space between the logo and the search bar but I can’t figure out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm assuming you want the search bar to be on the right hand side? If that's the case you could try using a plain table.

[background-block=black]
[table=plain][tr][td][anchor=top][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kaskalma/detail=factbook/id=1802517][img]https://i.imgur.com/samlwag.png[/img][/url][/anchor][/td][td][url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kaskalma/detail=factbook/id=1728526][img]https://i.postimg.cc/HsgP9Zsc/D5367870-C013-4442-9659-0708221-A25-CF.png[/img][/url][/td][/tr][/table][color=yellow][size=130]
[hr][table=plain][tr][td]Overview[/td][td]Government[/td][td]Economy[/td][td]Armed Forces[/td][td]History[/td][/tr][/table][/size][/color]
[/background-block]

Thanks for the help, I’ll need it for adding a logo to the right hand side. I’m trying to get the search bar to be just below the Kaskalma.gov logo instead of there being a large space

Ivelboria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2015

Postby Ivelboria » Mon May 08, 2023 6:27 am

Kaskalma wrote:Thanks for the help, I’ll need it for adding a logo to the right-hand side. I’m trying to get the search bar to be just below the Kaskalma.gov logo instead of there being a large space

No worries. The gap might be because the government logo has a lot of empty space. Not sure if that's intentional, but you could try to crop the photo down so it's just the logo.
The Neviersian Federation ✩ De Fédération Neviersien
In Neviersia, your hard-earned tax money funds countryball art, endless paperwork, "free" healthcare and gawd-awful humour. Even the countryballs need therapy. What's not to love?
GOV.NE | About Neviersia | Wikipedia | Politics | States & Territories | Cities
- Born and bred in good ol' Yorkshire.
- I know my nation is called Ivelboria but I was too lazy to make a new nation. :P
- Chronic workaholic who keeps making factbooks...
- NS stats not used.
- The stars on my flag can spin either way.. :P
Economic: 0.63 (2016), 1.0 (2019), -0.63 (2021), -1.88 (2022)
Social: 0.97 (2016), -2.97 (2019), -3.28 (2021), -0.72 (2022)

1/5/21: Started using the GIF flag. For 3/4 years before that I used this one.

Spoilerception? Here's how!

Kaskalma
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaskalma » Mon May 08, 2023 6:35 am

Ivelboria wrote:
Kaskalma wrote:Thanks for the help, I’ll need it for adding a logo to the right-hand side. I’m trying to get the search bar to be just below the Kaskalma.gov logo instead of there being a large space

No worries. The gap might be because the government logo has a lot of empty space. Not sure if that's intentional, but you could try to crop the photo down so it's just the logo.

Great, thank you!

The Republic of Western Sol
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2021
Libertarian Police State

Postby The Republic of Western Sol » Wed May 24, 2023 2:13 am

Hi all! I was wondering how i would work in this new weapon factbook of mine, for context, the nation is currently set in the 3000s (regional roleplay timeline)
Last edited by The Republic of Western Sol on Wed May 24, 2023 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed May 24, 2023 4:15 am

The Republic of Western Sol wrote:Hi all! I was wondering how i would work in this new weapon factbook of mine, for context, the nation is currently set in the 3000s (regional roleplay timeline)

Like, just into roleplay in general? Get into a FT RP, there's a bunch of groups out there, even regions.

Or...

Make a storefront selling futuristic (FT) weaponry HERE.
If you want more info on how to do that, go HERE, or HERE, to ask for help.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information