NATION

PASSWORD

F&NI General Help Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Easily multiverse.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Considering the number of nations and land overlap sometimes I'd say Multiverse.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Probably is whatever the next tier beyond a multiverse would be.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Cuba-Venezuela
Secretary

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuba-Venezuela » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:23 pm

It's none of them. But it's also all of them. It can be whatever you want it to be.

You can make a world out of your region alone, your region and its associated regions, etc. In Cuba-Venezuela it is the real world, but with alternative history.

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:Probably is whatever the next tier beyond a multiverse would be.

Multiverse2?
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Working off NS stats alone, I'm definitely picturing some sort of Federation thing where a bunch of planets with their own nations all come together from around the universe to discuss policy and such. Total population in the high trillions would indicate it's probably spread across a few thousand Earth-sized planets or so.

In terms of RP, I don't think you can conceive of a structure large enough to fit everyone. My old account was multiversal in nature, and it regularly ran up against omniverse-spanning deities and hordes. It's a tangled mess of canons and alt-canons, -verses and manifolds and subspaces, some intersecting and some existing on their own, and nobody, not even the most intent numbers-wanker or supreme overdeity, has any hope of claiming domain over all of them (partly because that'd infringe on the idea of closed roleplaying groups and the like). The set of NS fiction is far too large to be described by a pitiful "verse" of any kind.
Last edited by Kasa Tkoth Sphere on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Yes

Alright, Jokes aside, I always imagined IC nationstates as a collection of multiverses. Seeing how many nations claim the entire multiverse. As for NS Stat NS... It's the same planet but the planet stretches on infinitely. Kinda like flat earth, but with even more physics breaking.
Last edited by Hammer Britannia on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All shall tremble before me

The Galactic Hominum Union
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Hominum Union » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Most likely a multiverse. You can have literally any aspects in your nation and setting, and each one can constitute its own universe with its own laws.

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:Yes

Alright, Jokes aside, I always imagined IC nationstates as a collection of multiverses. Seeing how many nations claim the entire multiverse

You'd have to relegate space for Bluelight-R006 and others who aren't quite content with that. If you wanted to unify the entirety of RP descriptions, I don't think you could do it with a -verse or group thereof of any kind.

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:59 am

I want to create a new nation that I'm more comfortable with. Usually, when I do so, I already have its concept and world ready, but this time I'm blanking on some important aspects.
  • Mostly socially conservative, population values a certain morality (to be defined later)
  • Religion is largely unimportant, except for some areas
  • Capitalist, in the sense that it recognizes private property
  • Federal structure, federal subjects can also be federal themselves
  • Moderate restrictions on civil rights, mostly oriented to preserving a conservative social order
  • Strong police and security services, and an emphasis on law and order
  • Moderate population, middle-sized to large territory with sparsely populated areas

The concept is missing in the political rights department. Mostly, I can't decide if I want the new nation to be lead by a two-party hybrid regime or heavily flawed democracy (elite-dominated, in which certain ideas and ideologies are outright left out, like Indonesia, Pakistan or Transnistria) or by an overwhelmingly popular authoritarian regime (like Russia or Kazakhstan). The problem with the former is the enforcement of a rigid social order is significantly more difficult, while the problem with the latter is keeping itself in power, particularly succession and rotations in power. I want political stability, but also a certain dinamism, not the same man staying in power for over 20 years.

Which option fits the concept best? Any other ideas that could work well with this concept?
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:59 am

Hey, so in my nation it's a canon thing that superheroes exist (even though it's not mentioned in factbooks). I do, however, want to try and integrate them into my mentioned canon. So, how should I go about weaving them into my nation's canon and timeline?

Also, I wanted to get some art for these superheroes, for factbook, visualization, and roleplay purposes. I've tried to make my own art before, and I've even tried to photoshop superhero pics to create pics of my own superheroes, but they never worked out how I wanted. I'm not artistic enough, nor am I skilled enough in photoshop. I also don't personally know anyone who is. So, does anyone know a way I can get art for this? Is there a way on NS forums, or is it better to go somewhere else for it?
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Six Republics
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Six Republics » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:10 pm

What about if I wanted to start a Factbook and articles off-site, and what is the appropriate way to link and promote it here?

Ivory Coasts
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Coasts » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:36 am

Six Republics wrote:What about if I wanted to start a Factbook and articles off-site, and what is the appropriate way to link and promote it here?

Just put a link in your signature and post in every thread you come across in every single sub-forum. Also, create a factbook in-site that links to your off-site factbook. I would recommend frequenting Forum 7, where you need people to read your factbook to participate, and it's not too hard to be a frequenter there as well

Oppermenia wrote:Hey, so in my nation it's a canon thing that superheroes exist (even though it's not mentioned in factbooks). I do, however, want to try and integrate them into my mentioned canon. So, how should I go about weaving them into my nation's canon and timeline?

Also, I wanted to get some art for these superheroes, for factbook, visualization, and roleplay purposes. I've tried to make my own art before, and I've even tried to photoshop superhero pics to create pics of my own superheroes, but they never worked out how I wanted. I'm not artistic enough, nor am I skilled enough in photoshop. I also don't personally know anyone who is. So, does anyone know a way I can get art for this? Is there a way on NS forums, or is it better to go somewhere else for it?

I can't help you with art. Instead, I would try to find pictures of anything related to your heroes, *but* your heroes themselves. For example, let's say my superhero was Prophet Muhammad. It's forbidden to depict him in human form, so I would share photos of artifacts, like the cave he had his first revelation in. For something like an evil superhero, I would use a photo of a red lake (they exist in real life) and say that's where a great massacre occurred.

As for your heroes, judging by the fact that they won't be mentioned in the factbooks, they won't play such a massive role. They are inherently powerful, and must take great precautions to restrain themselves from interfering too much in human affairs. You can liken these heroes to gods in real life, and form mythologies around them. They can be like the Greek gods, hiding out in some mountain. If you want them to be more integrated in modern times, they should be involved decisively in events that shaped your nation. For example, they could have been involved in the Kamikaze winds that blew the Mongols away from Japan.
Vivolkha wrote:I want to create a new nation that I'm more comfortable with. Usually, when I do so, I already have its concept and world ready, but this time I'm blanking on some important aspects.
[spoiler=Nation Details]
  • Mostly socially conservative, population values a certain morality (to be defined later)
  • Religion is largely unimportant, except for some areas
  • Capitalist, in the sense that it recognizes private property
  • Federal structure, federal subjects can also be federal themselves
  • Moderate restrictions on civil rights, mostly oriented to preserving a conservative social order
  • Strong police and security services, and an emphasis on law and order
  • Moderate population, middle-sized to large territory with sparsely populated areas
The concept is missing in the political rights department. Mostly, I can't decide if I want the new nation to be lead by a two-party hybrid regime or heavily flawed democracy (elite-dominated, in which certain ideas and ideologies are outright left out, like Indonesia, Pakistan or Transnistria) or by an overwhelmingly popular authoritarian regime (like Russia or Kazakhstan). The problem with the former is the enforcement of a rigid social order is significantly more difficult, while the problem with the latter is keeping itself in power, particularly succession and rotations in power. I want political stability, but also a certain dinamism, not the same man staying in power for over 20 years.

Which option fits the concept best? Any other ideas that could work well with this concept?

TL;DR: Singapore is a great source of inspiration. It is a flawed one-party democracy that has somehow managed to balance between a strong government and maintaining constitutionalism.

You should take a look at Singapore. A one-party democracy with a unicameral Parliament. Not the perfect example; former PM Lee Kuan Yew stayed in power for decades (by being constantly re-elected) despite being in a democratic country. However, Singapore is not too heavily flawed that an oligarchy dominates it (still classified a flawed democracy; you can't protest or do weird things like singing in public), and it is one-party.

Chinese culture really shaped Singapore. First, China has been dominated by the ideology of Legalism, which made sure the dynasty was orderly and stable. On the other hand, it required a strong-willed autocrat. Meanwhile, Confucianism encouraged the people to conform. There is also something called the Mandate of Heaven; if the dynasty was being attacked by nomads, disasters occurring everywhere and corruption strife, the Emperor is not doing his job well and should be replaced. Thus, what you get is a totalitarian state (Legalism) that cares about the people (Mandate of Heaven), who in return do not come up with shady ideas (Confucianism). It's a symbiotic relationship that the People's Republic of China is currently showing can work.

The People's Republic of China gets the love of the people through pragmatic projects that have immediate results, heavily regulating the media and by shutting up activists. Democratic Singapore, as far as I know, just simply regulates the media and sues opponents until they can't do anything anymore (url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Hsien_Loong#New_York_Times_libel_suit]New York Times libel suit[/url]). It also gets the love of the people through pragmatic projects that have immediate results. However, it has enemy parties that can get elected. To ensure you get elected, you must satisfy the people with pragmatic projects that have immediate results, or else you die.

The prime difference between China is that the Constitution is constantly broken to ensure stability. In Singapore, you use constitutional means to ensure stability.
EMPIRE of the IVORY COASTS
ꦚꦗꦠꦱꦚꦼꦧꦏ | Nyajatasa nyogbaka
     OVERVIEW   GOVERNMENT   HISTORY    CONLANG    COVID-19    CONTACT        Dispatches       

Ivory Coasts
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Coasts » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:07 am

Is it possible to put a URL link on a spoiler?

I tried doing that but the only thing I opened was the spoiler and not the link
     OVERVIEW   GOVERNMENT   HISTORY    CONLANG    COVID-19    CONTACT        Dispatches       

ColdShadow
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 15, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ColdShadow » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:43 pm

How do I add maps to a factbook?. nevermind, i figured it out
Last edited by ColdShadow on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Ivory Coasts wrote:Is it possible to put a URL link on a spoiler?

Code: Select all
[spoiler=[url=https://example.com]Example[/url]][/spoiler]

Only works in factbooks though.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Ivory Coasts wrote:Is it possible to put a URL link on a spoiler?

Code: Select all
[spoiler=[url=https://example.com]Example[/url]][/spoiler]

Only works in factbooks though.

As I recall, though I don't have the thread on hand, the ability to link directly in a spoiler button was disabled due to being, essentially, a way to surreptitiously get people to click a link unknowingly. At least on the forums.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Talitoa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017

Postby Talitoa » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:25 pm

I am looking for a place where I can submit a request for a image, specifically a new currency.
[align=]Hey there, it's Talitoa, and I'm ready to dance.[/align]

Ivory Coasts
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Coasts » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Talitoa wrote:I am looking for a place where I can submit a request for a image, specifically a new currency.

I don't know where you can make cash, but in the seal request thread, you might be able to make coins. There's also a flag making thread for cash in Gameplay, but the chances of you getting cash is lower.
I'm currently building a factbook showcasing my world. Are there any well-formatted worldbuilding factbook that I can base my factbook on?

Kaedijork
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaedijork » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 pm

Heya. I'm looking for a place where I can get some feedback on the current history I've got down in terms of realism for how things would progress in this fictional world lore.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kae ... id=1304093
Is there a specific thread for this? I'd love some criticism on what Ive done.
MY MAGNUM OPUS HISTORY FACTBOOK (a lil WIP still)

LORE OVERHAUL IN PROGRESS
Fellow mutts born from war rape and ethnocide Erm, surfer-bum Scandinavians a long way from home.
K A E D I W A V E (Yes I made a vapourwave for this nation)
Freedom and Rassenreinheit
✊ Nouveau Quebecois did nothing wrong ✊

OOC Views

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:56 am

Ivory Coasts wrote:
Talitoa wrote:I am looking for a place where I can submit a request for a image, specifically a new currency.

I don't know where you can make cash, but in the seal request thread, you might be able to make coins. There's also a flag making thread for cash in Gameplay, but the chances of you getting cash is lower.
I'm currently building a factbook showcasing my world. Are there any well-formatted worldbuilding factbook that I can base my factbook on?

Depends on which topic you wanna cover. Places? Wildlife? Organisations? Food? Something else?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Dothrace
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dothrace » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Kaedijork wrote:Heya. I'm looking for a place where I can get some feedback on the current history I've got down in terms of realism for how things would progress in this fictional world lore.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kae ... id=1304093
Is there a specific thread for this? I'd love some criticism on what Ive done.

i have not seen one such thread so here are some offsite links

1. https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com == Really good site for getting help creating imaginary worlds, not so good for critiquing. This site requires really specific questions and does not critique worldbuilding, so I would suggest asking about the realism of the main ideas of your history. here's a link to their really strict rules: https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/help/on-topic

2. https://www.reddit.com/r/worldbuilding/ == The main premise of this subreddit is to share worlds, and to discuss such worlds. It's not uptight like above. The best for critiquing

3. https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/ == Like the 1st link, it does not critique. This site is best for questions that involve "what if" questions related to history. What I see though is people coming with ideas, and then debating these ideas, instead of actually answering the what if questions. Great for getting ideas from, bad for actual questions. If ur country is based on a divergence from world history, this is the site for u

i have been in ur situation once, but then stopped giving a siht about the realism. if something seems unrealistic to u, associate it with more realistic details 2 make it believable. 4 example, i have dragons and im an mt nation. pretty unrealistic, so what i did was say that they were from the "Middle Pleistocene;" they are "Extinct in the Wild;" i added extremely technical details like their scientific classification (Animalia > Chordata > Dinosauria > ...) and even gave them a latin name dracarydae saudrise valyriensis. if u add enough realistic details, they will drown out the un-realism

Dothrace
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dothrace » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:03 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Depends on which topic you wanna cover. Places? Wildlife? Organisations? Food? Something else?

what i did is I made a map. I redrew the boundaries and added a bunch of stories 2 regions. 4 example, in that map, Europe is full of Finnish people and not white people. I sunk the Netherlands bc i mean thats pretty unrealistic. There is a civilization in the Niger river, the Neolithic people of China survive and are not assimilated by the Han and more

So what I want to do now is explain these changes from the real world. The issue is that I don't know where 2 start, so now I'm asking for u know like inspiration 2 '''''''''''plagiarize'''''''' from
Last edited by Dothrace on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: F&NI General Help Thread

Postby Yohannes » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Dothrace wrote:I'm currently building a factbook showcasing my world. Are there any well-formatted worldbuilding factbook that I can base my factbook on?

In my humble opinion (feel free to disagree), there's no right way or wrong way to format a factbook.

I have seen many examples of lovely in-game dispatches (and forum factbooks) on NationStates using different formats (e.g. a brief summary of facts and figures, only numbers, CIA facts, Wikipedia, dissertations and journals). In fact, right now I'm looking at one -- your factbook (upvoted)!

See you around the NationStates Forum Dothrace Image
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Vega Naothia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Civil Rights, Economy, & Political Freedom???

Postby Vega Naothia » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:04 am

My Civil Rights, Economy, & Political Freedom are EXTREMELY Low and I can't seem to get them up.... is there a way????
Last edited by Vega Naothia on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information