NATION

PASSWORD

F&NI General Help Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:22 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:How do you give a link to an italic text? I tried, but it only worked in the preview and looked weird in the actual factbook (see my Imperial Council factbook).

It looks like the problem is the apostrophe in the URL. It's one of those characters that is unusual to have in a link and can cause some issues; you'll notice that it often gets converted to %27. If you change the URL to be /Domino%27s_Pizza instead, it should work fine.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Maltropia wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:How do you give a link to an italic text? I tried, but it only worked in the preview and looked weird in the actual factbook (see my Imperial Council factbook).

It looks like the problem is the apostrophe in the URL. It's one of those characters that is unusual to have in a link and can cause some issues; you'll notice that it often gets converted to %27. If you change the URL to be /Domino%27s_Pizza instead, it should work fine.

Will try. Thanks.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Libereco kaj Paco
Attaché

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Libereco kaj Paco » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:59 am

I dont know where to ask this but can someone help with dimensions of my seastead? Infos in spoiler.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading

I want LkP to have 100k people (size between smalltown and city). I looked at sizes of different neighborhoods and think that 10 km2 is a good size (dense but not crowded).

Timeline is nonspecific in 2010s-2020s with same technologies just more advanced. There is no technical or material limit to the size of the seastead and its location is nonspecific in northern hemisphere. Trade is stable and possible through 1 airport and many harbors (for some materials, medicines, foods, supplies). LkP is 70% self sufficient and chooses to be dependent on 30% trade instead of produce these products themselves.

• Most people will live in apartments with 20-30 m2 per person but they can also build own houses
  • On average individual apartments have 1-4 people (generally 1-3 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom), apartment buildings in total have 20-40 people
  • It takes 2-3 hours to walk from one end of LkP to the other
  • Most people walk or cycle, cars are uncommon but there are buses
  • There are 2 research universities each with 5k students and faculty (people come internationally to LkP to research), and smaller specialized universities and trade schools
  • There are 2 main hospitals and smaller local clinics
  • There are approx 5 large factories for international trade and smaller factories for domestic trade. They are automated with few employees but have large surface areas. The factories are in a different region/zone than the houses.
  • There are 7 main neighborhoods/districts but also smaller neighborhoods/communities/streets with 200-500 people
  • For each neighborhood there is a small shopping street with grocery stores, clothes stores, furniture/hardware stores, pharmacies, electronics stores, etc.
  • In the center of LkP there are hotels, mall, tourist attractions. The center can accommodate 5k tourists but residents dont generally live there.
  • There are farms and greenhouses that cover 70% of domestic food consumption (most people are vegetarian or vegan) Other 30% are imported "luxury" products
  • There are many parks and green spaces (although LkP is a seastead, soil was added so that plants can grow)
  • LkP relies on renewable energy from solar and water

Because it is a seastead (constructed platform in the sea) I dont want it to be large and I want the feeling of neighborhoods/districts within a city (you can do everything in your neighborhood but can also go outside and meet other people).
Last edited by Libereco kaj Paco on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:29 am

I've seen a certain player put links in pics. He's not active anymore though, so I can't ask him. How can I do this?
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:02 am

A m e n r i a wrote:I've seen a certain player put links in pics. He's not active anymore though, so I can't ask him. How can I do this?

Code: Select all
[url=insert link here][img]image link here[/img][/url]

The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:06 am

Wow, thanks :D

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:06 am

If it is okay, may I ask which real-world country has less than 8 public holiday days? This is related to a NS factbook article that I am writing.

I ask this, because there are lots of articles that claim that a certain country has less than 8 holidays, when in reality some of them are multi-day holidays that result in them having more public holiday days than the UK, or the articles in question ignores regional holidays (as is the case with Germany and Spain).

I really hate those clickbait articles. >:(
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Mexico, it seems, with 7. 8 on years when a new president is sworn in.

https://www.mercer.com/newsroom/public- ... ments.html
Last edited by Great Nortend on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Skualverga
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Skualverga » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 pm

If I want to make a new topic in the forum about talkin about people's different religions in nation states which forum would I use for that.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: F&NI General Help Thread

Postby Yohannes » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Skualverga wrote:If I want to make a new topic in the forum about talkin about people's different religions in nation states which forum would I use for that.

Hi Skualverga!

This one (that is, Factbooks and National Information). Also, required reading: [ click me ]

Have a good one and see you round the National and International Roleplaying forums!
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 am

Yohannes wrote:
Skualverga wrote:If I want to make a new topic in the forum about talkin about people's different religions in nation states which forum would I use for that.

Hi Skualverga!

This one (that is, Factbooks and National Information). Also, required reading: [ click me ]

Have a good one and see you round the National and International Roleplaying forums!

To add to this, it's also worth keeping in mind what threads are already out there in regards to the topic. In this case, I came across this thread not too long ago on the topic of religion in F&NI.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Help me come up with facts and cultures for my states!

Postby United States of Natan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:25 am

So, I've got 131 States in my country. That's obviously a lot of states, but I'm trying to develop each state a little more, in terms of facts about them, like their state governments, their cultures, their values, and their political views. I'd like some help doing that from the NS community! If you get some ideas for the state, just post here!

Some quick general facts about the USN:
-the most populated (and most densely populated) areas are the far eastern region, the eastern area of the larger mainland, and the southwestern area. Many of the islands are as well. Those are generally the most liberal regions of the country.
-The least populous areas include the northwest, Central, and South-Central areas of the country, which are also generally the most conservative.
-The State of Sholoma contains the largest city in the nation, Sholoma City.
-More will be added if necessary

Here's a map of the nation:

https://imgur.com/I7H7EyR

here's each state's name and abbreviation (warning, long list):
1. Sholoma (SH)
2. Rorikshire (RS)
3. Georgeland (GL)
4. Knope (KP)
5. Yalgros (YG)
6. Freeland (FL)
7. Thalos (TL)
8. Rutgand (RG)
9. Delfort (DF)
10. Wyatten (WY)
11. Bayland (BL)
12. Coastland (CL)
13. Goreland (GD)
14. Warton (WT)
15. Grossland (GR)
16. Willsylvania (WA)
17. Hilland (HL)
18. Clinton (CL)
19. Rodham (RH)
20. Meagle (MG)
21. North Hatton (NH)
22. South Hatton (SH)
23. Capeland (CL)
24. New Dalton (ND)
25. New Connecticut (NC)
26. Hilton (HT)
27. Burdis (BS)
28. Natan (NA)
29. New Hamden (NM)
30. Gallston (GN)
31. Malton (MN)
32. Harvis (HS)
33. Creek Island (CI)
34. Dervas (DS)
35. West Dervas (WD)
36. Garton (GT)
37. New Trumbull (NT)
38. Natan Straits (NS)
39. Farreach (FR)
40. Malloy (MY)
41. Miston (MT)
42. Techton (TN)
43. Eastown (ET)
44. Bulbaland (BL)
45. Mardon (MR)
46. North Louton (NL)
47. South Louton (SL)
48. Nicola (NI)
49. Chesapeake (CP)
50. Barton (BT)
51. Paxton (PX)
52. New Paxton (NP)
53. Fallas (FS)
54. Youngel (YL)
55. Roma (RA)
56. Dorpin (DP)
57. Setton (ST)
58. Hadron (HD)
59. Zallon (ZL)
60. New Yisrael (NY)
61. South Keaton (SK)
62. North Keaton (NK)
63. West Keaton (WK)
64. Janeton (JT)
65. North Janeton (NJ)
66. Natan Bay (NB)
67. Obama (OB)
68. Biden (BD)
69. Cardin (CD)
70. Central Cardin (CC)
71. Seaport (SP)
72. Eastport (EP)
73. West Bay (WB)
74. Eastland (EL)
75. New Rhodes (NR)
76. Shurland (SA)
77. Centraland (CL)
78. Eastmarch (EM)
79. Westmarch (WM)
80. Septimus (SM)
81. Ulata Cove (UC)
82. Swanson (SW)
83. Rutis (RT)
84. New Udala (NU)
85. Longton (LT)
86. Seward (SE)
87. South Point (SN)
88. Ingard (IG)
89. Judea (JA)
90. Calson (CL)
91. Jewport (JP)
92. Ornega (OA)
93. Jespen (JE)
94. Arkosa (AK)
95. Kentona (KE)
96. Iogia (IO)
97. Camotta (CT)
98. Hashoah (HO)
99. Domesta (DO)
100. Westbrook (WK)
101. Faustia (FA)
102. Morehallow (MH)
103. Quetas (QS)
104. Adama (AM)
105. Riverland (RV)
106. Seathome (SO)
107. Virgalin (VN)
108. North Gillard (NG)
109. South Gillard (SG)
110. Xeltaw (XW)
111. Hopeli (HI)
112. Pawton (PA)
113. Brookton (BT)
114. Haverford (HA)
115. Joston (JO)
116. Greendale (GD)
117. Alston (AL)
118. Dorchester (DH)
119. Harchester (HC)
120. Tippon (TI)
121. Pewsach (PH)
122. Korsach (KH)
123. Marshton (MT)
124. Sevetta (SV)
125. Wardigan (WR)
126. Bortusa (BU)
127. Yuskan (YK)
128. Jewcrest (JC)
129. Volkhaven (VH)
130. Instola (IL)
131. Marlough (ML)
Last edited by United States of Natan on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Help me come up with facts and cultures for my states!

Postby Yohannes » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi United States of Natan,

I was experiencing the same thing as you are back then. We were returning to the NationStates website, but I ended up having to build many in-character things in our nation from ground up (while still leaving a lot things intact for other players that we used to share storylines with). In the end I experimented with a few things and decided to just write what I had in my mind (while also reading up real life historical/contemporary political systems from some class/lecture books from my uni staff library)

I started with a nation maintenance style kind of thread that kinda evolved to become a political system thread which detailed what my nation is like inside the beltway. I also did not restrict myself. I drew inspiration from many things (from fantasy books to our childhood favourite video game), but I molded them into the core essence/building block of my fictional nation's political (and economic) system to keep the realism flavour of my nation intact (if realism is not your style, you can switch the 'realism' bit to anything; the point is to keep your nation's core essence/building block intact)

I did not start out with Wikia style factbook. From my experience (that said, of course this will not be the case for many other NationStates worldbuilders) Wiki style factbook was a wee bit unhelpful; it ruined my imagination and it was boring to write (and read). Maybe back in 2012-2013 (or 2011? Going by memory) when Violet first made the whole in-game dispatch wikia style factbook they were fun to write and read - but nowadays they are uninspiring to make (for me), and I couldn't see them helping me worldbuild my nation to storytelling success. Once you've written what's happening in your nation (your political system, your nation's characters interacting with the "world" in your storyline, culture, economy, anything really), you'll eventually start to write (and think) about your nation's overall situation (the entire political system and culture or other things)

The point was for me to do it bit by bit (gradually) as I wrote about things in my nation. If you stick to writing about political things (about your nation or what's happening in your nation) no matter how small bit by bit, eventually you'll achieved your end goal: coming up with the entire political system and overall culture of your nation (and all your states) from the ground up (and with record of in-character writing by then, which can be helpful for future applications to new RP regions/for others to judge your worldbuilding/creative writing ability). This was however my experience on this website (NationStates) and this may well not work as well for you (for instance, we don't have the same real life education/work/social background) but hope this helps!

P.S. Stick to your fictional nation's in-character core essence and don't worry about what other people think about your writing ability (we all have to start somewhere). Stick to in-character goal and try to avoid out-of-character things as much as you can do and you should be fine!
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Ekamijan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekamijan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:55 pm

There are many states in your nation, you can reduce its size by integrating very small states. I don't have an idea about facts and cultures because that is your own

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Yohannes wrote:Hi United States of Natan,

I was experiencing the same thing as you are back then. We were returning to the NationStates website, but I ended up having to build many in-character things in our nation from ground up (while still leaving a lot things intact for other players that we used to share storylines with). In the end I experimented with a few things and decided to just write what I had in my mind (while also reading up real life historical/contemporary political systems from some class/lecture books from my uni staff library)

I started with a nation maintenance style kind of thread that kinda evolved to become a political system thread which detailed what my nation is like inside the beltway. I also did not restrict myself. I drew inspiration from many things (from fantasy books to our childhood favourite video game), but I molded them into the core essence/building block of my fictional nation's political (and economic) system to keep the realism flavour of my nation intact (if realism is not your style, you can switch the 'realism' bit to anything; the point is to keep your nation's core essence/building block intact)

I did not start out with Wikia style factbook. From my experience (that said, of course this will not be the case for many other NationStates worldbuilders) Wiki style factbook was a wee bit unhelpful; it ruined my imagination and it was boring to write (and read). Maybe back in 2012-2013 (or 2011? Going by memory) when Violet first made the whole in-game dispatch wikia style factbook they were fun to write and read - but nowadays they are uninspiring to make (for me), and I couldn't see them helping me worldbuild my nation to storytelling success. Once you've written what's happening in your nation (your political system, your nation's characters interacting with the "world" in your storyline, culture, economy, anything really), you'll eventually start to write (and think) about your nation's overall situation (the entire political system and culture or other things)

The point was for me to do it bit by bit (gradually) as I wrote about things in my nation. If you stick to writing about political things (about your nation or what's happening in your nation) no matter how small bit by bit, eventually you'll achieved your end goal: coming up with the entire political system and overall culture of your nation (and all your states) from the ground up (and with record of in-character writing by then, which can be helpful for future applications to new RP regions/for others to judge your worldbuilding/creative writing ability). This was however my experience on this website (NationStates) and this may well not work as well for you (for instance, we don't have the same real life education/work/social background) but hope this helps!

P.S. Stick to your fictional nation's in-character core essence and don't worry about what other people think about your writing ability (we all have to start somewhere). Stick to in-character goal and try to avoid out-of-character things as much as you can do and you should be fine!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dude, you seem to have completely misinterpreted my goal here. For starters, I'm not doing this because of my "writing ability". I'm doing it because I thought it would be fun to make this a community project; to have others suggest ideas for my states.

As for the wiki-style factbook, its irrelevant to this; although it certainly helps me bring my nation to life and boosts my creative abilities. Trust me, I've been on this site for years, I'm more than capable of worldbuilding.

Point is, I'm not looking for creative assistance. I'm just looking for people to suggest their ideas, because I thought it would be fun.
Ekamijan wrote:There are many states in your nation, you can reduce its size by integrating very small states. I don't have an idea about facts and cultures because that is your own

Not looking to reduce the size. I'm just looking for suggestions for facts and culture because I thought it would be fun.

Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:38 pm

I might try to come up with some ideas if I have time.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016

Postby Orostan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Having Russia-tier ethnic diversity might make sense, for that number of states.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: United States of Natan

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:46 am

United States of Natan wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dude, you seem to have completely misinterpreted my goal here. For starters, I'm not doing this because of my "writing ability". I'm doing it because I thought it would be fun to make this a community project; to have others suggest ideas for my states.

As for the wiki-style factbook, its irrelevant to this; although it certainly helps me bring my nation to life and boosts my creative abilities. Trust me, I've been on this site for years, I'm more than capable of worldbuilding.

Point is, I'm not looking for creative assistance. I'm just looking for people to suggest their ideas, because I thought it would be fun.

Oh sorry! I'll try to help you out with creative ideas in future then if you're up for it - would it be okay if I TG you in future with some RP ideas I have in mind? I think it'd be fun!

And yes, I know you've been on NationStates for years! I think my nation did interact with yours back in 2012 or 2013 (going by memory) through my old version of VMK storefront. Anyway, if you wanna chat more about this, again, I'd be interested to talk by TG about an interesting idea (for your nation) that I have in mind

United States of Natan wrote:Not looking to reduce the size. I'm just looking for suggestions for facts and culture because I thought it would be fun.

German culture? :p

I've been trying to read your factbook to find how large is your RP population (from looking at no. of your fictional states) but I couldn't find any. Are you RPing with real life scale population or NationStates (account) population? Because I agree with the above poster (Orostan), your nation should def be a Russia style ethnic diversity (and geography) nation with that many states

Once again, my apologies for my prev. post - I hope that I've not offended you!
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 am

Yohannes wrote:
United States of Natan wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dude, you seem to have completely misinterpreted my goal here. For starters, I'm not doing this because of my "writing ability". I'm doing it because I thought it would be fun to make this a community project; to have others suggest ideas for my states.

Oh sorry! I'll try to help you out with creative ideas in future then if you're up for it - would it be okay if I TG you in future with some RP ideas I have in mind? I think it'd be fun!

And yes, I know you've been on NationStates for years! I think my nation did interact with yours back in 2012 or 2013 (going by memory) through my old version of VMK storefront. Anyway, if you wanna chat more about this, again, I'd be interested to talk by TG about an interesting idea (for your nation) that I have in mind

United States of Natan wrote:Not looking to reduce the size. I'm just looking for suggestions for facts and culture because I thought it would be fun.

German culture? :p

I've been trying to read your factbook to find how large is your RP population (from looking at no. of your fictional states) but I couldn't find any. Are you RPing with real life scale population or NationStates (account) population? Because I agree with the above poster (Orostan), your nation should def be a Russia style ethnic diversity (and geography) nation with that many states

Once again, my apologies for my prev. post - I hope that I've not offended you!

Yes, you can TG me. And yes, my nation is diverse, although I'm trying to avoid using real-life ethnicities and nationalities for the most part, if I can.
Last edited by United States of Natan on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Palins
Envoy

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Palins » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 am

I don't think I have much to add, but looking at the map, maybe some things about seafood and fishing should be involved. There can be political issues with that, cultural issues, etc., and water tansportation/ferries could also be a thing in some places.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:14 am

My advice would be simple: look up the civilization you base your nation on. There's nothing wrong with borrowing elements from their real life counterparts. Heck, most of the nations here are probably an alternate version of a real life nation.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am

Palins wrote:I don't think I have much to add, but looking at the map, maybe some things about seafood and fishing should be involved. There can be political issues with that, cultural issues, etc., and water tansportation/ferries could also be a thing in some places.
A m e n r i a wrote:My advice would be simple: look up the civilization you base your nation on. There's nothing wrong with borrowing elements from their real life counterparts. Heck, most of the nations here are probably an alternate version of a real life nation.

:rofl: :rofl: Wow, people really seem to be misunderstanding what I'm asking for here. I'm not looking for advice. I'm more than capable of coming up with my own ideas. The goal of this thread is to have a fun, community project, not to get advice that I already know. If people aren't understanding the point of this thread, I may just close it instead.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Oh..sorry.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:40 pm

United States of Natan wrote:
Palins wrote:I don't think I have much to add, but looking at the map, maybe some things about seafood and fishing should be involved. There can be political issues with that, cultural issues, etc., and water tansportation/ferries could also be a thing in some places.
A m e n r i a wrote:My advice would be simple: look up the civilization you base your nation on. There's nothing wrong with borrowing elements from their real life counterparts. Heck, most of the nations here are probably an alternate version of a real life nation.

:rofl: :rofl: Wow, people really seem to be misunderstanding what I'm asking for here. I'm not looking for advice. I'm more than capable of coming up with my own ideas. The goal of this thread is to have a fun, community project, not to get advice that I already know. If people aren't understanding the point of this thread, I may just close it instead.

No no don't. I might be able to come up with some interesting things.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:03 am

United States of Natan wrote:

I'll be honest, I was going to come on here and give you some pointers and suggestions but having seen the quite rude and dismissive way that you respond to other people who genuinely try to help you, I won't be bothering.

Good luck, you're on your own.
Last edited by Radiatia on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information