NATION

PASSWORD

Valentine Z and its puppets' Q&A – Both IC and OOC

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 pm

OOC: Happy late birthday!

Would you consider yourself Burmese or Myanmese/Myanma (as in, would you prefer the name Burma or Myanmar for your country's name)?
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 am

Valentine Z wrote:(OOC: Oof, err.... sorry I couldn't get back to you all soon enough. I will write responses for all 3 nations tomorrow or so!)

*now 4 nations
and also, tomorrow's nearly over

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 am

Astoriya wrote:OOC

'How on earth do you come up with those massively elongated names?'

=RJ

IC

'Is there a place to apply for diplomatic relations?' And what're you guys' thoughts on our anthros?'

=RJP

OOC: It is a multi-fold step, actually. So some of the names are based on the nationality that the character is based on, and after that was done, I simply used a name generator for more names.

Other times... I have my personal friends' name in them. Nothing too personal to get them tracked, but just their common names, or what their common name could be like.

> Play

Ahh, nothing of the sort at the moment, unfortunately. While I myself is an ambassador, we don't really have anything like this, and we might take some time to get them settled... or not at all. Either way, this is going to take some time, I am afraid, and we cannot confirm a specific date.
- Lead Ambassador Germaine Athena “Mercy De Herzhafter Schutzengel” Sylvi Angelina Zoe Sophia Jen Alanna Rx Hailie Ziegler Constance

Well, that is such an easy one, my friend! I mean... look at me, I am a talking cat! So of course we are very tolerant towards the anthropomorphic animals like myself! So hey, if they try to give us a visit now and then, tell them that Valentine Z accepts everyone and it's generally fine! As long as you stay away from the weird stuff... which we cannot mention here to keep it PG-13! You don't want to get hit with anything, trust me!
- 4th Sgt. Harris Anthony Leroy Gabriel Taylor Stephen “Kedi” Ozakar Yakup Farid Reyhan Seda Demirtug Ermis Ceyhun Tekir Q Dsr. Sezgin

> Pause
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 am

Astoriya wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:(OOC: Oof, err.... sorry I couldn't get back to you all soon enough. I will write responses for all 3 nations tomorrow or so!)

*now 4 nations

I find that... very condescending. I have a life outside of NS, so please, I said "tomorrow or so", you don't have to keep reminding me.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:37 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Astoriya wrote:*now 4 nations

I find that... very condescending. I have a life outside of NS, so please, I said "tomorrow or so", you don't have to keep reminding me.

Unintentional - apologies
:(

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 am

Hystaria wrote:...What character is stronger than your people in your nation?

and how are they so powerful?
also why do i get creeped out by them?
-OOC

OOC: Well, there are quite a lot, really. I won't really claim that my characters are the strongest in this universe, or Omniverse, because hey, that would be cheating, and a cliche. Thanos, Captain Marvel, Superman... basically the superheroes and the supervillains, amongst many others, will be able to defeat us if they are suddenly in our universe.

Non-canonically, Chief Aviator Gwen would be the strongest. Even then, her powers might be limited by her... sheer lunacy. Even crazier than Valentijn, if you can wrap your head around that! :P
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 am

Eodor wrote:"What is happening between you and VictorNet? I've only heard rumours so far but I vowed I would help and I don't want to lose more friends because I wasn't paying attention." - Haisan Uluvan

> Play

*Valentijn was screaming some nonsense into the microphone for a few seconds.*
That [EXPLICIT] guy? Gah, I don't know what's going on with them anymore! Why are they suddenly attacking us? What the HELL did we ever do to them? All we did was to live the life as we desire, not disturbing anyone else from other universes, and here they are, trying to kill and exterminate us all! I suspect that Clarissa's happiness might have something to escalate the problem, but it is NOT our fault! WHY CAN'T WE BE HAPPY AND BE LEFT ALONE???!! *Valentijn started hurling explicits again for the next few minutes, being taken away by Surveillant Clarissa upon request*

- Valentijn “De Sierlijke en Vrij Valkyrie General” Samantha Maxwell Delta Weston Stijn Angelus Tracey Mitchell Marnix Sw. Constantine Sein Lin Zaw Naing

Err, Val? I'm err, ... I think it's time for you to go relax for a while! Sorry about that, my little friends! Valentijn is usually a nice person, I can assure you that, but I am not certain on what makes him THIS angry! >< He usually shrugs off other offensives or attacks towards us, but for this one? It's really strange! Either way, he is right, and I don't feel that he is accusing me at all, and simply stating the truth! These fellows from Imperial Octavia told us many times that they wanted us dead, so... what to do?
- Exuberant 大-NS-2904 Surveillant Clarissa Alanis Star Breya « La Amoureux Chéri » Millie Taissa Butterfly Coraline Jolijn Trini Clementine Hollie Harumi

> Pause
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:45 am

Atheris wrote:OOC: Happy late birthday!

Would you consider yourself Burmese or Myanmese/Myanma (as in, would you prefer the name Burma or Myanmar for your country's name)?

OOC: Aww, thank you so very much! :D

Ahh, I would say Burmese, really. Nothing wrong with Myanmese, but just that it twists your tongue a little too much.

I generally would prefer Burma/Burmese, to be honest. Myanmar was when the military junta took over, and I don't really have the love for them at the slightest. I can only hope that the future for us will be brighter, and as a result, that we will be able to go back to our true name of Burma!

For now, I don't mind both, so there's that. If you called me Myanmese or something to that effect, I am not the one to get offended and just weirded out that you used that harder-to-pronounce term. :P
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:56 pm

OOC: Hey, Valentine, have you ever played Fallout: New Vegas, or any of its other franchise games? :p
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Silver Commonwealth wrote:OOC: Hey, Valentine, have you ever played Fallout: New Vegas, or any of its other franchise games? :p

OOC: Hello there, friend! :D

Unfortunately... not yet. I have been busy IRL lately, and I am still trying to find my time to balance hobby and schoolwork, and programming stuff..

With that said, I will still consider giving it a try one day.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:32 pm

Astoriya wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

Unintentional - apologies
:(

It's all right, no harm done! It's just been a tiring weekends for me this week, so... yeah.

I've been in school for both weekends, so I have been very, very busy, along with the usual university work I have. :/

Still, this is a Q&A, not for me to rant about my life problems, so I will leave it at "I've been awfully busy!" ><
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 pm

"What is the secret to happiness? Why does the Cat Utopia of Valentine's Day enjoy a 100% happiness rating, when I- [punching desk] made cat ownership compulsory in my state, and still see no improvement!?"

"WHEEEZE-"

"I outlawed discontent! tHIs sHoulD nOt bE hApPENinG!"

Formal Regards,
- Ministry of Domestic Architecture, The Black Party
Last edited by The Black Party on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:08 pm

The Black Party wrote:
"What is the secret to happiness? Why does the Cat Utopia of Valentine's Day enjoy a 100% happiness rating, when I- [punching desk] made cat ownership compulsory in my state, and still see no improvement!?"

"WHEEEZE-"

"I outlawed discontent! tHIs sHoulD nOt bE hApPENinG!"

Formal Regards,
- Ministry of Domestic Architecture, The Black Party

> Play

Ahh, hello, my friend! ^^ I am so sorry for the late response here! Ahh, the happiness is not something that we get through drugs, or from something forceful. It has been ingrained us, and we have been enjoying our peace for so long after a long war.

So if you are aware, we have had a huge war that devastated our entire planet! But thanks to Valentijn's effort along with everyone else, but we managed to rebuild our home and from there, we have vowed ourselves not to get involved too much in violence, as well as being unhappy. It was not forced, like I said, and ratheer, it came from within. Over the times, people started to warm up to each other, and all forms of brainwashing from the Cold War Era of "the other people are your enemy" quickly dissolved, and we have managed to create a build a nation based on Peace, Love, and Understanding. While we might still have some weapons here and there, as well as an armed force, these were mainly for self-defense purposes, and we would always seek peaceful forum with nations around us.

In short, my friend, you cannot simply force people to love cats in order to make them happy! You will have to talk to them, make them understand, and of course, always listen to what the people want and care for them. We might not have much political freedom - that is, they can criticise us if they want to and we will not make political dissents disappear - it is simply the fact that Valentijn is going to be here for eternities, along with the most of us. With that said, we give our people a lot of civil rights, and let them live their lives to the fullest! I hope this answers your question, and as always, have a great day to everyone here! ^^

- Anna “De Eeuwige Vreugde” Caitlin Madeline Brigitte Priscilla Teresa Mavis Star Thanda Pwint Thinzar Nwe, Tweede Verpersoonlijking van Valentine Z

> Pause
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:33 pm

"(In Valkyrie Sprak) We would like to expand trade relations with Valentine Z, but there is one question. What imports do you want, and what exports are you willing to sell? We have primarily been exporting raw materials to private Valentian businesses up to this point, due to the fact that your world produces them much more slowly. However, to expand exports, we need to coordinate with your government. Do you want us to expand exports of raw material ls, send other exports instead, or something else?

(Due to our method of interdimensional travel only being able to target fixed locations, it is easiest for us to transport goods to Voorzichtigheid and Alanis Star, and most difficult to transport goods to Vostrov.)

We would also like to import manufactured goods, especially technological devices from the Valentian Technological Institution. Laptops and smartphones in particular are in high demand among our populace at the moment.

Finally, we would like to note that Valentine Z recently became the most popular extradimensional tourist destination among our citizens!

Also, is my Valkyrie Sprak okay? I am learning it as a fourth language and I am not sure if I have everything right. I have attached an English copy of my questions in writing, in case there are any misunderstandings."

- Emperor Norton VII, Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico.
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:44 am

First American Empire wrote:"(In Valkyrie Sprak) We would like to expand trade relations with Valentine Z, but there is one question. What imports do you want, and what exports are you willing to sell? We have primarily been exporting raw materials to private Valentian businesses up to this point, due to the fact that your world produces them much more slowly. However, to expand exports, we need to coordinate with your government. Do you want us to expand exports of raw material ls, send other exports instead, or something else?

(Due to our method of interdimensional travel only being able to target fixed locations, it is easiest for us to transport goods to Voorzichtigheid and Alanis Star, and most difficult to transport goods to Vostrov.)

We would also like to import manufactured goods, especially technological devices from the Valentian Technological Institution. Laptops and smartphones in particular are in high demand among our populace at the moment.

Finally, we would like to note that Valentine Z recently became the most popular extradimensional tourist destination among our citizens!

Also, is my Valkyrie Sprak okay? I am learning it as a fourth language and I am not sure if I have everything right. I have attached an English copy of my questions in writing, in case there are any misunderstandings."

- Emperor Norton VII, Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico.

> Play

Ahh ! Welkom, et arigatō voor mluvení onze Jazyk. Ik moet zeggen, Jij wykonać świetny ! // Ahh! Welcome, and thank you for speaking our language. I must say, you did well!

Ahh, anyway, let us get started.

- Valentijn “De Sierlijke en Vrij Valkyrie General” Samantha Maxwell Delta Weston Stijn Angelus Tracey Mitchell Marnix Svw. Constantine Sein Lin Zaw Naing

As of right now, we are more or less sufficient with the raw materials, despite our perceived low production. We are not in shortage of the resources at the moment, because food has more or less been produced (or generated through vat-grown means) sufficiently for everyone, energy is produced through clean sources, and for the most of us, we use treehouses or sustainable materials to build and construct them. Thus, while I appreciate your help, we will not need raw material imports for the time being. Although, I do not seem to recall that your business have been exporting raw materials to the Valentian private businesses; we have not seen it in our official audits, so I am afraid that this will lead to further investigations if this is true, and to check whether these raw materials meet the Valentian Environmental Standards, or there will be economic consequences for our Valentian businesses, I am afraid.

Now, with that said, we are actually looking forward to exporting our technology to the nations outside of Valentine Z and its autonomous nations, so we are hoping that we can provide the following (but not exhaustive): Cameras, Laptops, Desktops, and to some extent, we have also developed and marketed Quantum Computers for commercial and personal use. We provide software at a reduced cost compared to some other companies or nations, given the government subsidies that has more or less been provided and granted to the budding companies, as well as to the successful ones. We simply have a hard limit on the corporations using their clout or monopoly to push around customers and their rival companies alike. Make no mistake that we have no problems with friendly rivalry, but we have problems with corporation espionage or exploiting their customers.

We hope to work further with you in the meantime, and if we are given more time, perhaps you can look at the storefront that we will create soon.

- Trade Representative Charmaine Marissa Hannah “Universal Börsenmakler” Katherine Vivian Hadriane Gwyneth Amy Emilia Melny Teresa

> Pause
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:49 pm

"So, I've received news that the Sixty have a new member now..I believe her name is Klarissa? What I'm curious is how did she came to be? Has she been alive since nature first appeared and was created directly by God, or was she born like any other person and was somehow exalted into the being she is now?"
- Heavenly Emperor Cheonsa
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:57 am

A m e n r i a wrote:"So, I've received news that the Sixty have a new member now..I believe her name is Klarissa? What I'm curious is how did she came to be? Has she been alive since nature first appeared and was created directly by God, or was she born like any other person and was somehow exalted into the being she is now?"
- Heavenly Emperor Cheonsa

> Play

Hello there! Oh goodness, please pardon me for not replying to sooner! Ahh, the fair lady Klarissa, the Mother Nature... I am not very sure, to be honest. She is not actually a human, that much is true and confirmed, but at the same time, she seems to be in this appearance for a long time, and she claims that she could not change to anything else. As for her being created by God? I am inclined to think so. Anyway, I like to think that like what you have just said, she must have come since the universe gave birth, but the very fact that she came to Earth is perplexing.

If you think about it, Nature itself should encompass the entirety of the Universe and everything else, right? Like, the galaxies, the black holes, the stars, everything! So Klarissa should make an even bigger appearance! However, this does not seem to be the case after 740,040,213,543 analyses from Clarissa. She has run multiple models, multiple theories, multiple universe simulations and all of them could not pinpoint how Klarissa came to be, let alone on why Klarissa is only affected by the presence of "Earth's Nature", that is, the natural plants and animals.

Much to our surprise, we managed to run a few tests on her after her approval, and confirming our theory, she does feel weaker when nature is not around. However, if the country she is in, or the surroundings, are full of flowers, trees, plants, and animals, Klarissa will possess powers and resilience unlike any other!

In short, we have no clue on how she came to be. I am inclined to say that she was an Act of God (perhaps even literally), and Gwen might have the answer for that. However, for some strange reason, Gwen was holding back the answer. She claims that she knows and we believe her given her "Fate of the Omniverse" status, but this is one of the things that she kept quiet about.

Maybe Gwen knows something bigger that we don't.

- Foresittend Marcus Alan Ariel Maximillian Swifty Felix Prometheus Revlin Lynx Artyom Lichtenstein C. Talon Haydn Taal Reynolds Fang Wu Ying

> Pause
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:36 pm

"I've heared, that on our joint exercises you've decided to give our militamen and men-at-arms harsher drills. I wonder, what challenges they had to go through? Was there a polar bear plunge? Sparring with many opponents at once? Maybe traversing rough and cold or extremely hot places? I am so intrigued, my husband's friend was probably there. I'd love to listen to that tale, while I clean the living room."-Housewife Betty

"Greetings, I am Robert Williams, current CEO of Roberto Motors company, one of the most prominent car manufacturers in Skyhooked. I know about a long history of friendship between Valentine Z and Skyhooked, so I decided, that it would be a good opportunity to open a branch office in your country. I know about most regulations regarding car dealership and manufacturing, but are there any culture or law specific things in your country we should be aware of?"-Roberto Motors CEO.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Skyhooked wrote:"I've heared, that on our joint exercises you've decided to give our militamen and men-at-arms harsher drills. I wonder, what challenges they had to go through? Was there a polar bear plunge? Sparring with many opponents at once? Maybe traversing rough and cold or extremely hot places? I am so intrigued, my husband's friend was probably there. I'd love to listen to that tale, while I clean the living room."-Housewife Betty

"Greetings, I am Robert Williams, current CEO of Roberto Motors company, one of the most prominent car manufacturers in Skyhooked. I know about a long history of friendship between Valentine Z and Skyhooked, so I decided, that it would be a good opportunity to open a branch office in your country. I know about most regulations regarding car dealership and manufacturing, but are there any culture or law specific things in your country we should be aware of?"-Roberto Motors CEO.

> Play

Ahh, hello there! Hmm, nope, AFAIK, your men do not have to fight polar bears. However, they have the pleasure of fighting ME! Of course, I tried my best to make sure that no one goes out with a broken bone or anything like that, so while it's harsh at some places, it is still very regulated. We also have on-site medics to provide them with the best care, in the very case that someone actually broke something. And yes, they have to go through the annals of Sahara Desert, to the cold plains of the Antarctica. You men might learn that hugging the penguins is actually a very live-saving method if they are running out of warmth. Just... embrace them, really.

On top of all that, they have the pleasure of fighting my wife, Clarissa! Don't worry, she was not armed with any of the live rounds... or even blanks. She simply replaced her weapon with laser pointers and thanks to her on-board computers, she knew who to tag as "dead" during the training. Suffice to say... there was a 89.5% casualty rate for Skyhooked's Forces, and 35% casualty rate for the Valentian Armed Forces, for the first round. However, I am also impressed that you men adapted well... Come the 10th round of fighting her, Skyhooked only suffered a 33% casualty rate, while VAF hovers around 30-40%. Another reason why we are glad that Clarissa is on our side!

- Valentijn “De Sierlijke en Vrij Valkyrie General” Samantha Maxwell Delta Weston Stijn Angelus Tracey Mitchell Marnix Svtw. Constantine Sein Lin Zaw Naing

Ahh, yes... the cars. Contrary to what other people think about us, we are not exactly that much of a hippie, and in fact, would love the cars to be around as a means of transportation. So far, there are a couple of rules:
- The cars must have a catalytic converter if they are going to use fossil fuels.
- The cars must have at least 50% efficiency if they are using fossil fuels.
- For both electric and fossil-based cars, all of them must conform to the standards of Valentian Environment Agency and trust us... they are really, really particular when it comes to this kind of thing. Just read this extract:

Valentian Environmental Agency (VEA) is known to be the most notorious and most infamous governmental branch in our country, being known for its extremely strict regulations, and tendency to have thorough audits and later, fines if they are not conformed to the standards (called Valentian Environmental Standards, VES) as described. Despite this, it still has a 97.4% approval rate from both the people and the companies (including the ones affected), seeing it as a necessity, though a thorn in the flesh of every corporate bigwigs if they are to go into businesses. Despite the name, VEA also has its hands and say in businesses and corporate activities all across Valentine Z and its autonomous nations.

The list of things that VEA has done extraordinarily are as follows:

• A shopping mall was fined VC 50,000 for the horrifying error... of having a +1% deviation in its daily electricity usage report.
  • An amusement park was forced to pay 33% more tax to the government... on the grounds of selling popcorn or drinks in non-biodegradable materials.
  • Some of the Valentians are still relying on "dirty" fuel (such as oil, coal, natural gas, etc) for everyday lives, that much is fine. However, an oil company was shuttered after being forced to pay 400% taxation rates... for dumping 50 Litres of toxic and unprocessed waste into the seas. Though of course, with the company being shuttered, the jobless people are given compensation of VC 10,000 / month for 4 months while they look for a job.
  • A citizen was fined VC 1000... for not replacing the damaged catalytic converter from his pre-Cold War Era car. The damage was known to have happened, but the Valentian cited that he was "Meh, a little too lazy. Oops."
  • A small startup company was soon suspected and was known to be MLM/Pyramid Scheme. During the audit, the VEA "accidentally" added two more zeroes into the taxation rate that this company has to pay. This results from 22% to 2200%, resulting in slow and eventual demise and dissolve of the company. VEA then made an official declaration (with the help of Valentijn and some other government officials) that MLMs have no business operating in Valentine Z.
  • A copyright troll was forced to pay VC 50,000,000,000 after marketing one of its much-needed vaccines at exorbitant prices and suing any and other "non-approved hospitals" that cannot get the certificate in the first place. Needless to say, the vaccine was made free, and the troll organisation was dissolved.

1 Valentian Credit = 2.07 NationStates Dollars.

If you can get passed by the VEA, consider yourselves lucky or skilled, or both! Basically, your vehicles must not be exploding death traps, must not pollute the environment too much, and they must come from sustainable sources, such as recycled metal.
- Trade Representative Charmaine Marissa Hannah “Universal Börsenmakler” Katherine Vivian Hadriane Gwyneth Amy Emilia Melny Teresa

> Pause
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Bloodshade
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bloodshade » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Dear Mr Valentijn

It's me. Your friendly neighborhood vampire! I do hope that winter has finally passed for you and your circle of friends so that you can finally have a lovely day full of sunshine instead of heaps of snow.

Today, I felt rather curious about who'd you consider to be your idol if you were to pick someone from the annals of history! To me at least, I'd probably end up picking a modern and ancient figure: Martin Luther King Jr and Pericles respectively!

Tell me, who inspires your actions everyday?"

Yours sincerely
Ambrosia Von Carstein

OOC: I always wondered, what would you say has the most influence on your characters and lore? Overwatch? Fallout?
An interstellar civilization that survived the self-induced destruction of its now long-gone homeworld and is trying to live the good life, all the while avoiding getting its ass kicked around.
Bloodshade Broadcasting Company| Actually re-writing my lore, I should't be on the forums but I am | Updated my video game screenshots, features Planet Zoo and Warhammer 2 | I need sleep but sleep doesn't need me | Edelgard is the cutest warmonger |

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Bloodshade wrote:

Dear Mr Valentijn

It's me. Your friendly neighborhood vampire! I do hope that winter has finally passed for you and your circle of friends so that you can finally have a lovely day full of sunshine instead of heaps of snow.

Today, I felt rather curious about who'd you consider to be your idol if you were to pick someone from the annals of history! To me at least, I'd probably end up picking a modern and ancient figure: Martin Luther King Jr and Pericles respectively!

Tell me, who inspires your actions everyday?"

Yours sincerely
Ambrosia Von Carstein

OOC: I always wondered, what would you say has the most influence on your characters and lore? Overwatch? Fallout?

> Play

Dear Ms. Ambrosia,

Thank you for reaching to me once again, and I must say that you have been always nice to me, as always! As you can tell, this is a video response on you, so I hope you don't mind the sudden change in medium from your letter, to the video with me responding to you. Ahh, yes, the winter has passed for now, and we are enjoying the summer as always! To be honest... we don't really get a lot of snow here. Well, not at least in the capital (Yangon, Burma, Valentine Z) here!

Hmm, I must say that Martin Luther King Jr is also one of my inspirations, for just being a badass when it comes to civil rights! Theodore Roosevelt is another figure that I have pretty much a lot of respect for, because not only he is forward-thinking... he managed to deliver a speech after being shot! Imagine that! Any lesser person, even myself, would be panicking after being shot like that!

Nikola Tesla, ahh, another figure that I admire! We like him so much that we managed to bring him back, thanks to Gwen's powers over there!

- Valentijn “De Sierlijke en Vrij Valkyrie General” Samantha Maxwell Delta Weston Stijn Angelus Tracey Mitchell Marnix Svtw. Constantine Sein Lin Zaw Naing

Hello, and thank you very much for having me here! This is a pretty lovely thing, I must say so myself, and the modern technology is also pretty amazing! Now, do I regret all these missed opportunities to gain money? No, I don't. I do all these for the betterment of humanity, not for my own petty gains. I really wanted those things from my lab to be done, but they were burned down, so... minus one for humanity.
- President Nikola Maxwell E. Steiner Wattson Hvalimir Nestorovski Tesla

> Pause

OOC: As of now, I must say that Overwatch is the most that I got the inspiration from. The abilities, the lore, most of the characters, all come from OW for the most parts. However, Warcraft 3 also plays a role, because I like the idea of a "Hero" in the team. So, I am planning to add the usual soldiers and troops, those Valentians that are drafted and serving part-time as a partisan of some sort, like... basically just normal Valentians without much in the way of abilities.

So I like the idea of managing smaller numbers instead of doing the numbers game. The Sixty can't take down an entire army alone by themselves, but their abilities will turn the tide of the war, along with the normal Valentian troops trailing behind them. For example, Zastępca Strażnika Adriana Krystal Desiree “Manipulator Światła” Venus Kowalski Faith Stanisława Engelse I. Cherise Sztormowska Lillian as a tank can shield people, while the troops around her can play alongside and provide the damage.

For the abilities, I ended up sticking with OW, because if I do it like Warcraft 3, there will be several more factors such as levelling up, or armor types, etc. I managed to implement these as a "Passive" ability, such as taking reduced damage, instead of specifying the armor type because at this point, it would be too much for me to handle.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:54 pm

"Well, your regulations seem reasonable enough, but some of VEA standarts may take some time to adapt to, so the opening will be slightly delayed. A couple of weeks or so. I also would like to inform you, that we produce not only fossil fuel powered cars, but also nuclear powered cars too. They are safe from radiation leaks, even in case of severe crashes, we tested that many times. Yes, in past we even had to delay the release of first models for many years, because of safety concerns, and even when we are selling them relatively freely, it's impossible to be 100% sure. If you have any concerns... please express them."-Roberto Motors CEO

"Howdy, partners! We are soon havin' a big harvest festival, where our achievents in agriculture gonna be showed to all, and there will be a big feast! There will be also lots of moonshine and hooch too! From all kinds of plants! Crop yield is unusually high this year! How about I send ya' some dried pork, beef, hooch from corn, cannabis and agave, some ale, and of course finest bread? Just for you, because you are adorable and cheerful bunch! Gonna tell ya' a secret... we conspired with fishermen to send lots of meat and fish products to local PETA facility.

Also, do you have any unusual or alien crops, so we can buy their seeds and grow em' in Skyhooked too?"-Farmer.

"Dudes, that was some intense exercise... Never expected such a tough drill from such cheerful guys. Fought a real giant, ran through the hellishly hot desert, where I had too little booze on me, but still carried on, sweaty and such... then that part in ice cold places... runnin' through the snow and phat dippin' in lakes with floatin' ice... all that in a flak vest over a bandshirt. Also, I remember, how in Antarctica, I nabbed some penguin and hugged it, because I was drunk as hell. But... I was drunk as hell all the time. And that robot lady... I charged, tryin' to dodge all those projectiles... abefore we learned the patters, VAF mopped floors with us, but then, we adapted and showed, how worthy we are. Did you know, that revolution taught us to adapt well? Because during the revolt, we had to fight forces, that were larger, better armed and trained. We are also hardy as hell because of it.

I will miss those times with you. I surely will. And with medics too..."-Man-at-arms.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:19 am

Skyhooked wrote:"Well, your regulations seem reasonable enough, but some of VEA standarts may take some time to adapt to, so the opening will be slightly delayed. A couple of weeks or so. I also would like to inform you, that we produce not only fossil fuel powered cars, but also nuclear powered cars too. They are safe from radiation leaks, even in case of severe crashes, we tested that many times. Yes, in past we even had to delay the release of first models for many years, because of safety concerns, and even when we are selling them relatively freely, it's impossible to be 100% sure. If you have any concerns... please express them."-Roberto Motors CEO

"Howdy, partners! We are soon havin' a big harvest festival, where our achievents in agriculture gonna be showed to all, and there will be a big feast! There will be also lots of moonshine and hooch too! From all kinds of plants! Crop yield is unusually high this year! How about I send ya' some dried pork, beef, hooch from corn, cannabis and agave, some ale, and of course finest bread? Just for you, because you are adorable and cheerful bunch! Gonna tell ya' a secret... we conspired with fishermen to send lots of meat and fish products to local PETA facility.

Also, do you have any unusual or alien crops, so we can buy their seeds and grow em' in Skyhooked too?"-Farmer.

"Dudes, that was some intense exercise... Never expected such a tough drill from such cheerful guys. Fought a real giant, ran through the hellishly hot desert, where I had too little booze on me, but still carried on, sweaty and such... then that part in ice cold places... runnin' through the snow and phat dippin' in lakes with floatin' ice... all that in a flak vest over a bandshirt. Also, I remember, how in Antarctica, I nabbed some penguin and hugged it, because I was drunk as hell. But... I was drunk as hell all the time. And that robot lady... I charged, tryin' to dodge all those projectiles... abefore we learned the patters, VAF mopped floors with us, but then, we adapted and showed, how worthy we are. Did you know, that revolution taught us to adapt well? Because during the revolt, we had to fight forces, that were larger, better armed and trained. We are also hardy as hell because of it.

I will miss those times with you. I surely will. And with medics too..."-Man-at-arms.

> Play

Ahh, thank you very much for that story! I am glad that you have quite a training with us, and that you had a good time... well, I mean, apart from the usual fatigue of being a soldier, I assume that this will help you guys be a little bit more ready for anything that comes your way!

Ahh, the cars should be fine, and so should be the food. Though it will usually have to pass through VEA for inspection and to indicate that the food is safe for consumption, but for Skyhooked, I can make an exception to override that directive, or at least only make them inspect the food for safety standards. I am not saying that you are conspiring against us, don't worry! After all, it's good to be safe! Unlike that time... we let in some imports of cat-shaped cookies, and it gave people the runs for a week. It was not a fun time for everyone involved.

As for your question about the alien crops? Hmm... none that I know of. All of them are from Earth itself, though of course, with the terraforming done, you can come down and check out if there is something that interests you. Valentine Z is open 24/7, though take care for using the teleportation chambers; they could give you a little bit of a headache.

Heh, I am just surprised that PETA still existed in your place. For us... I don't think they were even here in the first place. That, or the freaking VEA got rid of them.

Don't mess with the VEA.

> Pause
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Premier Cédric Lésage

Office of Global Affairs, Greater Montréal Region, New Québec.
Sent: July 19, 1996.
Greetings, Government of Valentine, if any such legislature exists,

This urgent letter I write with high-priority, for the following inquiry mandates the upmost attention and foremost importance;

What are the Valentian's thoughts on state-mandated Quebecois bullying of Valentian immigrant school-children?

Prayerfully yours in Christ,
~ Premier of New Québec, Reverend Cédric Lésage.

[Stamp - Church of Montreal Post] [5¢] || The enclosed cannot contain cash, jewellery, or any religous artifacts pertaining to Christianity.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Premier Cédric Lésage
Office of Global Affairs, Greater Montréal Region, New Québec.
Sent: July 19, 1996.
Greetings, Government of Valentine, if any such legislature exists,

This urgent letter I write with high-priority, for the following inquiry mandates the upmost attention and foremost importance;

What are the Valentian's thoughts on state-mandated Quebecois bullying of Valentian immigrant school-children?

Prayerfully yours in Christ,
~ Premier of New Québec, Reverend Cédric Lésage.

[Stamp - Church of Montreal Post] [5¢] || The enclosed cannot contain cash, jewellery, or any religous artifacts pertaining to Christianity.

>> Play

Silence for 300 seconds. Valentijn simply staring at the screen.

What the fuck're you all thinking? I can understand problems with bullying and hey it can happen. Maybe the Valentians are new, after all. But state-mandated?! Are you out of your goddamn mind?
At this rate, I cannot have my citizens and children of my nation be punching bags of you lot. I shall make a statement for the Valentians... & their families to come back home, like right damn now!

- Valentijn “De Sierlijke en Vrij Valkyrie General ov Valentine Z” Samantha Maxwell Delta Weston Stijn Angelus Tracey Mitchell Tristian Marnix Svtw. Lewis Hyatt X. Constantine Sein Lin Zaw Naing

Gwen be heard talking and shouting in the distance. She was making a PA.

Effective immediately, all schoolchildren, families, and citizens of Valentine Z are to leave New Québec right now. If you need assistant, let me know! I will not hesitate to teleport you all back here!
With this knowledge, it's unfortunate that we'll very soon need to escalate the status of New Québec towards us to Sworn Enemy.. if this is to continue. This is an insult to us all! Come back home.

- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate of Existence and the Omniverse” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Verlene Eveline Celinda Sammy Doris Wt. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Vitesse Allison

Another blank stare for 400 seconds. No activity at this point in time.

>> Pause
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information