NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT rights

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Saciu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Saciu is very secular, so religion doesn't factor into the nation's views. Homosexuality was decriminalised in 1962, and same-sex marriage became legal in 2002. Very few people see homosexuality as immoral, and the nation's same-sex support rate is among the highest rate on Earth.
C'est Saciu, previously The South Pacific's most influential trans person (then my account got zucc'd)
Pro: idk. trans rights ig.Internationalism, liberalism, etc
Neutral: idk.
Anti: idk. Nationalism, populism etc about 90% of my opinions have changed since i was last here but now im basically globohomo

Political compass: 0.75, -8.31 lmao this was years ago im easily lib left according to when i last took it but also the compass is terrible
SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库
TR: Sakyı

Mauropolis
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

LGBTQ+ Rights in Mauropolis

Postby Mauropolis » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Autarchate of Mauropolis
Department of Information

"LGBTQ+ Rights in Mauropolis"

The LGBTQ+ community in Mauropolis is tiny and more often than not ignored by the government. Like any other citizen, homosexuals, asexuals, etc., may marry, have/adopt children and work in Mauropolis. They’re not officially discrimated aggainst, as people have worries far more important than the orientation of their fellow citizens.

Transgender and queer individuals cannot seek sex changes, hormone therapy or anything of the sort as such needs aren’t catered to due to limited resources and the general indifference towards the LGBTQ+ community.
Autarchate of Mauropolis | "Invicta"
Home Page | Autarch | Relations | Tech Level PMT

Post-Apocalyptic totalitarian city-state inspired by Nineteen Eighty-Four, City 17 and general dystopian fiction.

Yuyencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuyencia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:25 am

are not allow mans affront to god
___ Federation of Yuyencia 幽燕西亚联邦 ___
Proud independent free Catholic nation are continue Yan area history pride great history faith culture
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=465526 question and answer viewtopic.php?f=23&t=471825 news

Out of the character:I am 河北人 hebei mans excellent work hard technology study calculus differential equation 18 hour day, english are not mother tongue

United Empire of Arevaan
Civil Servant

Founded: May 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Empire of Arevaan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Same-sex marriage is legal in the United Empire of Arevaan (UEA) and has been legally allowed since the year 2094, which is only 11 years after Emperor James I founded the UEA and established the monarchy (the year is 2171).

Discrimination against LGBTQ people is practically non-existent and only the most radical religious extremists are anti-LGBTQ, but they are the extreme minority. The government does not adhere to any religion, but will not force a church of religious bigots from denying a couple a same sex wedding.

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Since Kedri is a confederation, each haven determines its own laws concerning issues such as same sex marriages and child adoption by same sex couples. At the national level, LGBT people are guaranteed basic human rights (marriage and adoption are to be considered civil rights).
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

Tomairia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tomairia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Homosexuality is entirely illegal in Tomairia.
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)

My nation does not represent my political views in any way, shape, or form.

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:50 pm

It was a most controvbersial decision when O-Sultan Selim III. reclassified homosexuality from a crime to a mental disorder: in the year 1970 the Imperial Decree No. 19212 was issued and read before the High Court Porte in Antalya. These days homosexualit is still officially a mental illness, though nobody actually cares anymore. Before 1970 however the one could be beheaded for it.
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Stellae signa sunt in caelo
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!
Pro: Social Authoritarianism, Kemalism, Militarism. Contra: liberalism, capitalism, communism, progressivism, religion

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

Human Rights Violation
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Human Rights Violation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:00 pm

It is a siiiiiiiin

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information