NATION

PASSWORD

Postimage.org Images Not Loading in Fact books

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Reikin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postimage.org Images Not Loading in Fact books

Postby Reikin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:24 am

A couple of days ago, I noticed that most of my posted pictures using postimg were gone. Along with not being on the factbook page, I went to the direct link and they were not there. I have posted many images on this site, many of which now deleted, and need help to recover them.

Thanks,
Reikin
Hi, we're Reikin, a Right-Wing, Ultra Capitalist Republic focused on Industry, Economy, and Defense Forces. In Reikin, male children are taken at age 6 to learn in a school environment and to train in preparation for their 12 year, 3 term, military service from age 18-30. We are pro business, defense, gun ownership, anti-communist, and fiercely patriotic.
Capitol: Reikcity
Currency: The Reik
National Animal: The Arctic Wolf
Leader: President Reilly Reik
Government Type: Right-Wing Utopian, Ultra Capitalist Republic

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:10 pm

There's an option in postimage.org to expire the images after a certain time, you may have clicked that accidentally. If you still have the images on your computer you could upload them somewhere else, imgur is a popular choice, and is that instead.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Reikin
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Kenmoria wrote:There's an option in postimage.org to expire the images after a certain time, you may have clicked that accidentally. If you still have the images on your computer you could upload them somewhere else, imgur is a popular choice, and is that instead.

thanks
Hi, we're Reikin, a Right-Wing, Ultra Capitalist Republic focused on Industry, Economy, and Defense Forces. In Reikin, male children are taken at age 6 to learn in a school environment and to train in preparation for their 12 year, 3 term, military service from age 18-30. We are pro business, defense, gun ownership, anti-communist, and fiercely patriotic.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Further to Kenmoria's claims, images once hosted on postimg.org now live on postimg.cc.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm

I moved over said images on one factbook to postimg.cc and still can't get the images to display properly.

Also I think this thread might have to be moved...
Someone cares? Okay then. Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

INFP-T personality, quite heavy on the I,P, and T.

Reikin
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Nui-ta wrote:I moved over said images on one factbook to postimg.cc and still can't get the images to display properly.

Also I think this thread might have to be moved...

ruh ro, its resolved now, using photobucket

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Reikin wrote:its resolved now, using photobucket

I'd be surprised if it's resolved. Photobucket recently changed their policy and disallowed third party hosting. While you may see the pic, it's because it's in your browser cache, not on our site. Look at it from a different computer or ask a friend.

Reikin
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:49 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Reikin wrote:its resolved now, using photobucket

I'd be surprised if it's resolved. Photobucket recently changed their policy and disallowed third party hosting. While you may see the pic, it's because it's in your browser cache, not on our site. Look at it from a different computer or ask a friend.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 am

Reikin wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:I'd be surprised if it's resolved. Photobucket recently changed their policy and disallowed third party hosting. While you may see the pic, it's because it's in your browser cache, not on our site. Look at it from a different computer or ask a friend.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just use imgur. They don't pull any of these tricks on users.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Reikin
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Phydios wrote:
Reikin wrote:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just use imgur. They don't pull any of these tricks on users.

well, its resolved, my friend checked and it does show, if it fails again, ill use imgur

thanks to u all

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical