NATION

PASSWORD

Fantasy Sunalaya: The Informative Map Thread[Regional]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mhutandaq
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mhutandaq » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Ispanza wrote:
The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:So Fullmetal Alchemist?

I've never seen full metal alchemist. Would that make it a hell of a lot harder to understand how to use alchemy in an RP?
uote]

I mean i'd watch it anyway just cause its amazing but yeah that'd probably help. its fairly complicated so I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly enough :p What are you having trouble with?

The Order of the Silver Dragon
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Mhutandaq wrote:Oh I guess my expination post didn't actually post for some reason....rip. Anyway it basically follows the rule of equivalent exchange I.E you have zinc and copper you can transmute brass. However you cannot transmute something worth more than what you are offering. The most famous instance of this was when scholars at the University of Fhazzaz attempted to transmute an immortality elixir and destroyed the entire region. COmbat alchemy can be used to creat weapons from essentially anything as long as you have enough material like making blades from iron or rock, and healing alchemy can have limited use by moving skin from other parts of the body to stop a external bleeding, creating medicines from basic ingredients, etc etc you get the idea.

So Fullmetal Alchemist?[/quote]

No! I...uh......IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT....IN...SOme...ways.....uh....yeah basically lol, jut not to the extent that used in the show so that it doesn't eclipse the other types of magic we'll be using.[/quote]
Assuming to do a transmutation, you need to draw a transmutation circle, which isn't ideal in the middle of battle.

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Mhutandaq wrote:
Ispanza wrote:
I've never seen full metal alchemist. Would that make it a hell of a lot harder to understand how to use alchemy in an RP?
uote]

I mean i'd watch it anyway just cause its amazing but yeah that'd probably help. its fairly complicated so I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly enough :p What are you having trouble with?

Like, it seems that it could be extremely OP, with an immortality mixture and destorying whole regions bits (and basically doing any tyoe of healing magic, etc.)

I've never seen the show, so I don't know how they counteract it.

Maybe it could be some combination thing where you need the materials as well as a certain amount of Capacity to do certain things?

I'm not sure.

Mhutandaq
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mhutandaq » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:28 pm

The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:
Mhutandaq wrote:Oh I guess my expination post didn't actually post for some reason....rip. Anyway it basically follows the rule of equivalent exchange I.E you have zinc and copper you can transmute brass. However you cannot transmute something worth more than what you are offering. The most famous instance of this was when scholars at the University of Fhazzaz attempted to transmute an immortality elixir and destroyed the entire region. COmbat alchemy can be used to creat weapons from essentially anything as long as you have enough material like making blades from iron or rock, and healing alchemy can have limited use by moving skin from other parts of the body to stop a external bleeding, creating medicines from basic ingredients, etc etc you get the idea.

So Fullmetal Alchemist?

No! I...uh......IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT....IN...SOme...ways.....uh....yeah basically lol, jut not to the extent that used in the show so that it doesn't eclipse the other types of magic we'll be using.[/quote]
Assuming to do a transmutation, you need to draw a transmutation circle, which isn't ideal in the middle of battle.[/quote]

Not if you have tattoos or gloves like Mustang or Kimbly.....man I really am just ripping off the show here aren't I.....

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:29 pm

the problem is, it confuses me, but I'm not quite sure WHY it confuses me. :p

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:29 pm

Ispanza wrote:
Mhutandaq wrote:uote]

Like, it seems that it could be extremely OP, with an immortality mixture and destorying whole regions bits (and basically doing any tyoe of healing magic, etc.)

Maybe it could be some combination thing where you need the materials as well as a certain amount of Capacity to do certain things?

I'm not sure.

If I recall correctly, they countered alchemy with alchemy

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Mhutandaq wrote:
So Fullmetal Alchemist?

No! I...uh......IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT....IN...SOme...ways.....uh....yeah basically lol, jut not to the extent that used in the show so that it doesn't eclipse the other types of magic we'll be using.

Assuming to do a transmutation, you need to draw a transmutation circle, which isn't ideal in the middle of battle.[/quote]

Not if you have tattoos or gloves like Mustang or Kimbly.....man I really am just ripping off the show here aren't I.....[/quote]
Yea, all in all, this seems way to powerful

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Ispanza wrote:

I'm not sure.

I mean like, it doesn't seem there is a real counteract on a person level.

for instance, when somebody does magic in the system I was describing, there is a potential of Coma, physical/mental injury or death from using magic that's too advanced, or using magic for too long.

Is there a way to counteract alchemy, without needing to use alchemy?

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Ispanza wrote:

for instance, when somebody does magic in the system I was describing, there is a potential of Coma, physical/mental injury or death from using magic that's too advanced, or using magic for too long.

Killing the person doing it.

Mhutandaq
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mhutandaq » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Ispanza wrote:
Mhutandaq wrote:uote]

I'm not sure.

Yeah fair point, I could just dumb it down to just simple stuff like material transmutation. And the reason the attempt destroyed the region was that the scholars did not offer enough in exchange so the transmutation backfired just sent out a wave of energy that destroyed everything. In the show they have advanced stuff like counter transmutation circles however those are only used to counter large scale...never mind I can't explain it that well

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Ispanza wrote:

Killing the person doing it.

without another person.
How does alchemy potentially hurt the person using it?

If I use alchemy to destroy an entire city, then I should have a pretty massive chance of dying instead. Without somebody needing to kill me to stop my alchemy.
it does seem quite OP (no offense)

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Mhutandaq wrote:
Ispanza wrote:

I'm not sure.

Yeah fair point, I could just dumb it down to just simple stuff like material transmutation. And the reason the attempt destroyed the region was that the scholars did not offer enough in exchange so the transmutation backfired just sent out a wave of energy that destroyed everything. In the show they have advanced stuff like counter transmutation circles however those are only used to counter large scale...never mind I can't explain it that well

I think a dumbed down (dumbing it down to my level :p ) version could work. I do like the idea of transmutation though

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:38 pm

and again, sorry if it sounds like I'm taking over this magic system. please tell me to shove it up my [censored] if I'm pushing too hard against something you really want or for something you really don't want. :)

Mhutandaq
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mhutandaq » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Ispanza wrote:
Mhutandaq wrote:

I think a dumbed down (dumbing it down to my level :p ) version could work. I do like the idea of transmutation though

Yeah I'll just keep it at a basic level, but Mhutandaq really needs that event to happen because it was the catalyst that sent us on our anti magic path. And just to make it clear both alchemy and magic are banned in Mhutandaq both only used by dozens in secret.
Last edited by Mhutandaq on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mhutandaq
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mhutandaq » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Ispanza wrote:and again, sorry if it sounds like I'm taking over this magic system. please tell me to shove it up my [censored] if I'm pushing too hard against something you really want or for something you really don't want. :)

U fine bb, I personally think it's a cool idea.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Mhutandaq wrote:
Ispanza wrote:

Yeah I'll just keep it at a basic level, but Mhutandaq really needs that event to happen because it was the catalyst that sent us on our anti magic path. And just to make it clear both alchemy and magic are banned in Mhutandaq both only used by dozens in secret.

C R U S A D E
R
U
S
A
D
E

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Are we gonna have news like we do in the normal cannon?

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:23 pm

The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:Are we gonna have news like we do in the normal cannon?

I think it could be kinda cool to have a news thread for the fantasy canon as well. Maybe written more as daily happenings and hearsay and reports and stuff, than actual news. (or at least that's how I'm gonna write it. I;m all for a news thread)
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:15 am

I do like the idea of Magical Capacity, so this new magical system suggestion will also incorporate it.

Okay, so magic is divided into two sections: Language and Action. To perform magic, you need both. Now, to explain them

Starting with Language, because that is the simplest. Language is the language behind magic. To perform it, you need to know the words behind it. No words, no magic. Due to the Language being very old and ancient, many words are lost to time and would need to be found. Ancient texts with translations are highly prized and could be found in important cities or other important location (or found in ancient ruins, forests, and any other fantasy quest related stuff).

Actions are a bit different and are further subdivided into two sections. But before I get into the subdivisions, the basis of Actions are the method to accumulate Magical Capacity. To perform magic, you would need a certain amount of Capacity (so, if you have 50 Capacity and a spell costs 20, then after using the spell, you would now only have 30 Capacity left). Capacity is cumulative, meaning that it always increases when you perform Actions, decreasing only when you perform magic.

Now, Actions are divided into Good Actions and Bad Actions. Bad Actions must be done with the intent to accumulate Capacity.

Bad Actions are: Killing, Torture and Theft (these are the 3 I thought up. There can definitely be more and I’m open to suggestions). Bad Actions must be done with the intent to accumulate Capacity (so, if I steal an apple because I’m starving, or kill a person because I’m scared that they are going to kill me, I don’t accumulate Capacity. If I steal or kill because I want the Capacity associated with it, then I will gain Capacity.) Killing grants you all the Capacity of the person you killed. Torture grants you half the Capacity of the person tortured (if you kill them, you would just accumulate the other half, not 1.5 of their Capacity) and Theft grants you 1 Capacity (“point”) per type of object stolen (so stealing an apple would grant you 1, but stealing 2 apples would still only grant you 1. This is a per day [or maybe short/longer?] thing)

Good Actions are: Saving a life, Charity and Hard Work (again, these are just the 3 I thought up. There can be more, depending on your suggestions). Unlike Bad Actions, Good Actions must be done without the intent to accumulate Capacity (so saving a life for the purpose of gaining Capacity will not increase your Capacity. Only saving a life for the purpose of helping the person would grant Capacity). Saving a life grants you ½ of the person’s Capacity (but, unlike Bad Actions, it does not subtract their Capacity. So, I you save a person with 50 Capacity, they end up with 50 Capacity and you get 25 more), Charity work grants you 5 Capacity per day and Hard Work grants you 0.5 Capacity/day (both are in the eyes of the beholder. If a priest thinks that singing muses all day is charity work, then they get 5 Capacity a day. If the priests just considers it their job and not charity, than they don’t get Capacity. Same thing for hard Work. [What I mean by Hard Work is not like taxing or challenging work, but a person working hard at their work] So, a person plowing a field all day, believing that they are working hard will get the Capacity, but a person who is plowing a field all day, not thinking that they are working hard, will not).

Other ways to accumulate Magical Capacity besides these two actions would be to find mysterious ancient relics (we could do a few RPs about kingdoms and/or people searching for the more powerful ancient relics to build up Capacity), make potions (for example a potion made using 10 Capacity can then be drunk to give the drinker 10 Capacity. This is the only known way to transfer Capacity from one person to another without killing, torture or saving a life), maybe there is some sort of alchemical way to combine certain objects to create Capacity (this would need to be fairly challenging to do, even to create a small amount of Capacity)?

So, what do you guys think of this system? Better? Worse that the other one? This so far has less to do with the actual magic itself and more so of how to get and wield magic.

MagicCapacity Cost
Crop Drought Resistance5 /day
Fireball (a classic)15 /ball
Passing along a message on the wind25 /message
Transfigure a cat into a bird100

These are just potential numbers and examples.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Tol Eresea
Envoy

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tol Eresea » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Rhodevus wrote:-snip-

I really like this system Rhod! Its what I had in mind! One thing we need to figure out is how we're going to determine how much magic our characters have, though ^_^
Éire
Music!
Gaeilgeoir

Avid reader

Ní thuigeann an sách an seang.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Tol Eresea wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:-snip-

I really like this system Rhod! Its what I had in mind! One thing we need to figure out is how we're going to determine how much magic our characters have, though ^_^

thanks! :D

I got the whole idea from your RMB post. ^-^
we should definitely figure that out. especially to make sure people dont hord magic to do insane spells.
we should alsp compile a list or basic spells and their Capacity, just as a basis for RPs so people know if and when theu can use magic
She/Her

Factbook

Tol Eresea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tol Eresea » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Tol Eresea wrote:I really like this system Rhod! Its what I had in mind! One thing we need to figure out is how we're going to determine how much magic our characters have, though ^_^

we should definitely figure that out. especially to make sure people dont hord magic to do insane spells.
we should alsp compile a list or basic spells and their Capacity, just as a basis for RPs so people know if and when theu can use magic

I guess maybe we can just come up with the number for each of our characters. If people feel like it's too high we can discuss it. Occasionally we can have a mage/wizard/sorcerer who is more powerful than normal but they shouldn't do too much in RPs I think. They should be more about the character themselves. Like they can be powerful, and occasionally do these amazingly powerful things, but for the most part they function as a regular mage to prevent people from being too OP.
EG. If I created a mage who was 200 years old and had been practising magic his entire life, he would probably be more powerful than the average mage. But to prevent them from being to OP they'd function like an average mage but could occasionally do something extraordinary.

Also yes! We should make a list!
Éire
Music!
Gaeilgeoir

Avid reader

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Tol Eresea wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

I guess maybe we can just come up with the number for each of our characters. If people feel like it's too high we can discuss it. Occasionally we can have a mage/wizard/sorcerer who is more powerful than normal but they shouldn't do too much in RPs I think. They should be more about the character themselves. Like they can be powerful, and occasionally do these amazingly powerful things, but for the most part they function as a regular mage to prevent people from being too OP.
EG. If I created a mage who was 200 years old and had been practising magic his entire life, he would probably be more powerful than the average mage. But to prevent them from being to OP they'd function like an average mage but could occasionally do something extraordinary.

TG?
She/Her

Factbook

Tol Eresea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tol Eresea » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Tol Eresea wrote:I guess maybe we can just come up with the number for each of our characters. If people feel like it's too high we can discuss it. Occasionally we can have a mage/wizard/sorcerer who is more powerful than normal but they shouldn't do too much in RPs I think. They should be more about the character themselves. Like they can be powerful, and occasionally do these amazingly powerful things, but for the most part they function as a regular mage to prevent people from being too OP.

TG?

Sure, shoot me one
Éire
Music!
Gaeilgeoir

Avid reader

Amestrris
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Amestrris » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:40 pm

-tag-
Coming up with an app now if that's cool :)

Quick question - is it ok if I implement an Elemental Bending system of magic, kinda like avatar and korra lmaooo. Also, was thinking out "obsession" would be magitech :P is that ok?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information