NATION

PASSWORD

Walking like the cat around hot porridge

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
User avatar
The Swedish Coast
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Walking like the cat around hot porridge

Postby The Swedish Coast » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 am

May 3rd, 1964

Today I arrived in Sweden for the first time. My plane arrived in Stockholm from New York at 2PM, and after going through customs, I took advantage of the public transport, and took the train to Stockholm Central Station. From there, I hailed a cab. I was driven through the busy streets of Stockholm for almost half an hour, noting that all the traffic drove on the left hand side, which was in contrast to the right hand drive I'm used to back home in America. I eventually arrived at the Grand Hotel, on the waterfront, overlooking the Royal Palace on the opposite bank. I was shown to my suite on the 5th floor, which had a perfect window view overlooking the city. I immediately saw Stockholm Palace, which was directly ahead of the hotel. It took me more than a moment to notice that the palace was on an island in the middle of the river. To the right of the Palace, I recognised the Parliament Building, and behind it I saw the Bonde Palace, the residence of the Swedish Prime Minister. Behind the island, the famous Stockholm Town Hall tower dominated the skyline. I glazed in awe at the beautiful city for the next dozen minutes, taking in it's beauty. By the time I had finished, I realised the sun had begun to set, so I put on my dinner jacket and headed down to the Hotel's Dining Room.
I was served marinated salmon for my starter, known to the Swedes as Gravlax. I was then served a sort of Haggis related conception, a traditional Swedish dish named Polsa. Desert was Cheesecake, but a Swedish type, very different from the American variation I'm used to. I believe it's Swedish name was Ostkaka. After dinner, I retired to my room, where I bedded down for an early night, excited about exploring the city tomorrow.
Last edited by The Swedish Coast on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
We do not use NS stats
The Year is 1963

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads