NATION

PASSWORD

Meridia - A World of Myth, Magic, and Science

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm

So is my nation still in this or should I just make a new app

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:18 am

You guys still alive? Awesome! Let's do something!
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:41 am

A m e n r i a wrote:You guys still alive? Awesome! Let's do something!

I'm game for anything with the hyena folk looking for treasure and magics of the Shadow to try and help their people.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:56 am

A m e n r i a wrote:You guys still alive? Awesome! Let's do something!

I second that motion.

Yubiusk
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yubiusk » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:37 pm

I'm down if the group leader approves my app
GOBLINS FOREVER

Taledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:11 am

Yubiusk wrote:Name of Nation: The Twelve Hobgoblin Tribes
Primary Race(s): Hobgoblins (the result of shadow experiments on interfertility between Elves and Goblins)

Society: 1 — Tribal
    The Hobgoblins are a largely itinerant people with no organs of state. Beyond tribal elders and spiritual leaders, there is no unified Hobgoblin national identity or unity. Many choose to settle in the established cities and towns of other nations, and some form semi-permanent villages when permitted, but they are rarely settled for more than a few generations.
Technology: 5 — Exploration Age
    The Hobgoblins are a clever people, much like their Elven and Goblin progenitors in ancient memory. Goblin tradesmen and merchants produce and peddle fine products to their host peoples, and those few who break from the general disdain for Hobgoblins and achieve high places often contribute scientifically to their hosts as philosophers and naturalists. One of the twelve tribes in particular, the Garagorshún, are expert seafarers and shipbuilders who facilitate trade between the nations of Noreia and abroad.
Economy: 4 — Developed
    The wealth of a particular group of Hobgoblins is largely dependent upon the situation of their host nation — when the host prospers, so too does the Hobgoblin; when the host suffers, they tend to blame the Hobgoblin. In general, those who live within Strala tend to be the wealthiest; those in Taledonia are not wealthy, but are not struggling; and those living in Camelone are poor, but not starving.
Magic: 4 — Developed
    Owing to their Elven ancestry, the Hobgoblins have a natural affinity for magic — particularly Restoration and Mysticism. Those who are particularly gifted in magic are strongly urged into roles of religious leadership and scholarship, and the arcane is heavily intertwined and often inseparable from Hobgoblin religion.
Area Claimed:
    The Hobgoblins claim no area, but Hobgoblin communities can be found throughout the nations of Noreia and a small population even reside in the Taledonian territory on Red Island in Aleria.
Brief History:
    The Hobgoblins were created not of their own will, or with any love by mother nature. Born of forced unions between Elves and Goblins sponsored by the cruel witch-scientists of the Shadow, the Hobgoblin tribes began their existence as slave-soldiers to be used in subjugating the other races of the world. Often, they were made to fight one another solely for the sake of their cruel masters' enjoyment: endless and fruitless war on behalf of the Shadow.

The lifting of the Shadow was the lifting of a great yoke from the necks of the Hobgoblin tribes, now twelve in number. Their tribal names hearken back to their former soldier-caste system forced upon them by the Shadow — the Fierce Blade Tribe, the Strong Spear Tribe, the Eaters of Manflesh, the Thunderous Ones, the Footsoldiers of Wrath, and others. These names have followed them in the Hobgoblin tongue, but their warlike past they have long since abandoned.

This has not meant their acceptance by the other races of Meridia, however, who still view them with great suspicion and often hatred for their role as the Shadow's former enslaved army. Hobgoblin settlements in Noreia are often the targets of attacks by distrustful locals, and Hobgoblin political polities are quelled before they can take root. The Hobgoblin tribes therefore live as itinerant peoples within the established Human nations of Noreia, living largely as tradesmen and peddlers. When permitted, they will settle in small farming villages, but rarely for more than a few generations. Many live within established Human cities, taking up residence often in lower class neighbourhoods where they are less likely to be driven out as long as they cause no trouble and pay their taxes.

I apologize for the long delay on this, but everything looks good, and you are approved. I'm also digging the fairly advanced, but very spread out and independent, society you've developed.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am

Strala wrote:So is my nation still in this or should I just make a new app

You still exist. Seeing as how you haven't done anything, though, you can feel free to revise your nation if you would like to?

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Holy shit. I am sorry for my absence- again, seeing as how this was my second hiatus. Between moving to NYC and back after six months, changing jobs, and getting back on steadier financial footing, the past year was not pleasant at all. Taledonia, I know I said I would post in "Of Fisheries and Foreigners" when I last came on months ago; are you still up for continuing the RP?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information