NATION

PASSWORD

Meridia - A World of Myth, Magic, and Science

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Taledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:33 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Question: does a nation which starts with 6 tech and advances to 7 tech gain 2 bonus economy points? Does the same go for society?

It isn't stacking. So if tier 6 says you get 1 extra point and tier 7 says 2 extra points, then advancing to tier 7 doesn't give you 3 points, just 2. So 1 extra, is what I mean to say.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:17 am

Okay thanks

Soo..other RP groups are doing a "daily life of a normal person" RP. Should we do that too?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:59 pm

That could be fun, though I'm unfamiliar with it. What happens? Is it just short stories from within our nations?

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Well, basically, we get one thread, then we put up posts to describe daily life in our nations. Each post is supposed to be a one-shot. Should I link you an example?
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

The Srasain Forests
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Srasain Forests » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:22 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Well, basically, we get one thread, then we put up posts to describe daily life in our nations. Each post is supposed to be a one-shot. Should I link you an example?

I'd like to see an example. This intrigues me!
Tier 0 Tribal Confederation - Just with Lizards...

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=440444

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=293839

These are just examples, rules can be changed accordingly, up to our wonderful admin

The Srasain Forests
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Srasain Forests » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 am

A m e n r i a wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=440444

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=293839

These are just examples, rules can be changed accordingly, up to our wonderful admin

Ooh! I like that!

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 am

I'm 100% for it! Post it up, sir.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 am

With a tech of 5, what kind of tech am I allowed exactly?

Like what kind of medical science, naval advances, guns, pipes, etc. could I have.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 am

I will like to join mega thread as well

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Rezua wrote:With a tech of 5, what kind of tech am I allowed exactly?

Like what kind of medical science, naval advances, guns, pipes, etc. could I have.

Tier 5 technology spans a period roughly equivalent to Western Europe from 1400 - 1740.

Tier 6 would be more equivalent to the 1750's-1820's. Once again, in relation to Western Europe and the European colonies.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Taledonia wrote:I'm 100% for it! Post it up, sir.

Okay, what should be the rules?

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 am

Old school rules! 8)

But honestly, I don't know. Open to Meridia only, obviously. And then just don't do anything that you think I would say you can't do? Like don't RP a citizen in a Tier 2 tech nation having a digital watch and a thermonuclear suitcase.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 am

Taledonia wrote:
Rezua wrote:With a tech of 5, what kind of tech am I allowed exactly?

Tier 5 technology spans a period roughly equivalent to Western Europe from 1400 - 1740.

Tier 6 would be more equivalent to the 1750's-1820's. Once again, in relation to Western Europe and the European colonies.

So I’d have musketry. On land of course.

My idea is to have underwater explosives contained in clay. Could that work?
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 am

Depends on the explosive. If my history is correct, Greek fire was fairly immune to water. Well, at least it could sit on water like an oil fire, for it was basically that. If you were to have pots full of something similar, particularly if you just say that it has some sort of magical element(you are Tier 2 magic, after all), then I don't see a problem with it. It's basic(fire in a clay pot), and not over powered.

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Could there be anti air cannons stuck into the ground? Could a teir 6 people have that?

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Define anti-air cannons.

You'd certainly have nothing that could track or reliably hit, and it would be useless for things that fly very high up. But if you wanted to point ballistae, cannons, or even musketeers/bowmen upwards, go for it. Just beware of what comes back down... Also remember that they will be aiming with their eyes, and will have to lug these big machines manually or with basic machinery. You'll hardly swivel fast enough to hit fast moving targets.

The Srasain Forests
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Srasain Forests » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Taledonia wrote:Define anti-air cannons.

You'd certainly have nothing that could track or reliably hit, and it would be useless for things that fly very high up. But if you wanted to point ballistae, cannons, or even musketeers/bowmen upwards, go for it. Just beware of what comes back down... Also remember that they will be aiming with their eyes, and will have to lug these big machines manually or with basic machinery. You'll hardly swivel fast enough to hit fast moving targets.

Tier 6 would be approximately the time where Howitzers really came into play, right? Not quite the same, obviously, but somewhat of a similar idea - a high-arched piece of artillery.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Absolutely. And that could be used for anti-air, as dirigibles and more steampunk/fantasy-esque air machines aren't the most agile machines. Dragons, giant eagles, or whatever Tier 7 magic users wanted to have, however, you'd be hard pressed to hit with a mortar.
Last edited by Taledonia on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:43 am

Yo Taledonia, I made you a wiki page. You can edit it to add more info on YN or not, I'm not your mother.

Silberkiefer
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Silberkiefer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:37 am

Name of Nation: Kaiserreich of Silberkiefer
Primary Race(s): Werewolf
Society: 5
Overseen by Kaiser Adolphus IV and Queen Julia, Silberkiefer is a large, efficient nation which puts a premium on the soldier.
Technology: 5
Industrious and warlike, Silberkiefer is advanced enough to equip its army with firearms and its ships with powerful cannons.
Economy: 4
With many nationalized industries kept to high standards, Silberkiefer has more than enough resources to fulfill the needs of its people.
Magic: 0
Any amazing feat a Silberkiefer can do is the result of either training, physiology, or both, never magic.
Area Claimed: Provinces 10-15 of Noreia
Brief History: In the distant past, ancient werewolves of Noreia, the ancestors of the people of Silberkiefer, roamed the continent until The Shadow came, reducing their numbers significantly, forcing them to head west and retreat.

The threat of destruction did not fade with the Shadow's disappearance, however. The werewolves fought amongst themselves as they were attacked by aggressors from other lands, until a brave knight named Adolphus managed to unite them into a single nation and become its Kaiser.

Now, Silberkiefer remains a strong civilization, ready to combat various threats. Despite their power, it is rumoured that the key to defeating them lies within the mines in its borders.
Last edited by Silberkiefer on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Just your friendly neighbourhood steampunk werewolves.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:54 am

Silberkiefer wrote:Name of Nation: Kaiserreich of Silberkiefer
Primary Race(s): Werewolf
Society: 5
Overseen by Kaiser Adolpho IV and Queen Julia, Silberkiefer is a large, efficient nation which puts a premium on the soldier.
Technology: 5
Industrious and warlike, Silberkiefer is advanced enough to equip its army with firearms and its ships with powerful cannons.
Economy: 4
With many nationalized industries kept to high standards, Silberkiefer has more than enough resources to fulfill the needs of its people.
Magic: 0
Any amazing feat a Silberkiefer can do is the result of either training, physiology, or both, never magic.
Area Claimed: Provinces 10-15 of Noreia
Brief History: In the distant past, ancient werewolves of Noreia, the ancestors of the people of Silberkiefer, roamed the continent until The Shadow came, reducing their numbers significantly, forcing them to head west and retreat.

For years did they struggle, fighting The Shadow endlessly, until it suddenly disappeared. The threat of destruction did not fade, however. The werewolves fought amongst themselves as they were attacked by aggressors from other lands, until a brave knight named Adolpho managed to unite them into a single nation and become its Kaiser.

Now, Silberkiefer remains a strong civilization, ready to combat various threats. Despite their power, it is rumoured that the key to defeating them lies within the mines in its borders.

Initial comments:

Primary Race: Werewolves are more a condition rather than a race. Any race could become a werewolf, but what is their non-beast form? Humans? Elves? Smaller dogs that transform into bigger dogs?

History: Lots of others are trying to doing this as well, so don't feel bad, but I can't accept that you were "fighting the Shadow endlessly." They were absolute and unstoppable. No one would resist for much longer than a month, and all were enslaved and subdued. Please revise this to show what your people endured during the Shadow, and it can't be anything heroic, as it simply didn't happen. Any "heroes" that rose and tried to lead people were quickly dealt with.

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:58 am

Ive posted sorry i took long

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:34 am

Hey, remember how you said nations can't develop radio from the start on their own? What about if two nations, each with level 7 tech and one of them with a medium magic level work together and develop it? I mean come on, the steampunk RP next door allows R&D, so why can't we? Also, may I suggest some kind of war gameplay so nations can't go "I haz millions of soldiers I win lol"?

*pokes Koryo* you still alive, mate?

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:45 am

Magical and technology together can certainly be used, and called radio. Just no actual radio signals. Too advanced.

While I like to think people have the freedom to create their own stuff, within the context of the world, I find that you're always pushing the technological boundary. So with that in mind, I will give some serious thought as to how advanced I'm going to allow people to get. I'll keep you updated.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information